OMPL XI - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hello good people of OMPL. My Monkey Pepedumb Manager Team Icemaster, Bacon, Guardsweeper, Fc, Pichus, and WillSun1 did not draft any Balanced Hackmons punching bags. If you would like to participate in pdt schizo prep and test games, please contact me (pdt#2503) or one of my managers.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend and go SSSSS :blobpex:

Hi here's some differences between moccs (new record of 18!) and the real draft.
Player Name​
Mocc Price​
Actual Price​
% Difference​
xavgb​
24028​
22000​
-8.44%​
Ivar57​
16194​
18500​
+14.24%​
Atha​
17750​
18000​
+1.41%​
cityscapes​
13133​
15000​
+14.21%​
quojova​
17556​
15000​
-14.56%​
The Number Man​
13556​
13500​
-0.41%​
pannu​
11694​
13000​
+11.16%​
abriel​
14806​
13000​
-12.20%​
Osake​
13000​
13000​
=0.00%​
fade​
13361​
12500​
-6.44%​
Lily​
14000​
12500​
-10.71%​
Top 11 were roughly the same players with some minor differences, prices are generally consistent with Mocc prices (around a 3k total difference).
Player Name​
Mocc Price​
Actual Price​
% Difference​
DugZa​
6528​
3000​
-54.04%​
SpaceSpeakers​
6278​
3000​
-52.21%​
Instruct​
5824​
3000​
-48.48%​
augustakira​
9056​
5000​
-44.79%​
Meta​
6889​
4000​
-41.94%​
King Leo V​
4722​
3000​
-36.47%​
crying​
11344​
7500​
-33.88%​
TectonicDestroyer​
4500​
3000​
-33.33%​
Tranquility​
5139​
3500​
-31.89%​
shiloh​
16111​
11000​
-31.72%​
Pretty similar numbers compared to last year, however do have some more expensive players here this time with two above 10k compared to last year's 0 (while having a tighter budget)
Player NameMocc PriceActual Price% Difference
kDCA​
4125​
7000​
+69.70%​
Bread Sandwich​
4000​
6500​
+62.50%​
yuki​
6500​
10000​
+53.85%​
Fogbound Lake​
7861​
12000​
+52.65%​
Pokemon Trainer 596​
4600​
7000​
+52.17%​
SparksBlade​
4000​
6000​
+50.00%​
Frito​
4917​
7000​
+42.37%​
TaxFraud​
7125​
10000​
+40.35%​
pdt​
7528​
10500​
+39.48%​
Spellcaster​
3792​
5000​
+31.87%​
Note that this list uses a different Mocc price to exclude Moccs where players were not drafted, this prevents averages from being under 3k.
Price increases are notably tamer than last year, with the highest not even cutting 70%.
Player NameMocc PriceActual Price% Difference
(Any self buying Manager)​
13500​
13500​
=0.00%​
Osake​
13000​
13000​
=0.00%​
The Number Man​
13556​
13500​
-0.41%​
VoltyPichu​
6917​
7000​
+1.20%​
Atha​
17750​
18000​
+1.41%​
LordBox​
6861​
7000​
+2.02%​
Krytocon​
6139​
6000​
-2.26%​
Vrji​
5125​
5000​
-2.44%​
lepton​
9833​
9500​
-3.39%​
luisin​
3857​
4000​
+3.70%​
polt​
7278​
7000​
-3.82%​
Excluding managers, Osake is the only player to match their average Mocc price, though The Number Man, VoltyPichu, LordBox, Krytocon, Vrji, and luisin all were within 250 of their actual price (actual price is the closest actual biddable price). These players and the managers that drafted them are clearly very consistent in managing their prices. Compared to last year the overall % difference was higher despite having two extra moccs.
TierMocc PlayerMocc PriceActual PlayerActual Price
2v2​
Chris32156​
11361​
yuki​
10000​
AAA​
Atha​
17750​
Ivar57​
18500​
AG​
Fogbound Lake​
7861​
Fogbound Lake​
12000​
BH​
quojova​
17556​
quojova/cityscapes​
15000​
GG​
Lily​
14000​
Lily​
12500​
MnM​
xavgb​
24028​
xavgb​
22000​
NFE​
abriel​
14806​
abriel​
13000​
STAB​
abriel​
14806​
abriel/pannu​
13000​
This list may be inaccurate due to assuming which tier a player would be playing. This list also excludes managers.
In terms of general price level for tiers I would estimate it to be something like AAA~BH>STAB>MnM~GG>2v2~AG~NFE for Moccs.
If there's any other number related stuff you are interested in, here again is the link to the sheet that contains all the 18 mocc and actual prices.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
quick BH draft power rankings (my personal opinions)

8: Fluttermania - Leru + Nihilslave
as far as i can tell, Leru has never played BH. Nihil has stated in their signup that they don't want to play BH (only support), and they haven't been played gen 9 in a good while. BH is, by a long shot, the meta where trophies gets you the least distance. to me this looks like flutters forgot a BH slot until all of the main options were gone and started panicking, and it very much looks like they'll get punished for it.

7: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos - pdt
pdt has had prior success but has not played BH in what feels like an eternity, and the team doesn't have good support options to get them up to scratch. this will definitely be a struggle and success seems very unlikely for the first few weeks at least. ranking above flutters because the chance that they can get to grips with the tier and pull out some wins is probably higher.

6: W VIRIZZIONS - cityscapes
city is the only BH player on this team; any potential support will be limited to non-mainer support from hayedenn + pannu, who obviously don't specialize in the tier. normally a mono-city draft would be fine, but i'm fairly sure they dropped BH after week 2 and haven't played since. i don't doubt that they can get to grips with the meta eventually but the first few weeks will definitely have some growing pains.

5: gods as ghold - Chessking345 + damflame 3 (?)
Chessking is a pretty good player but they don't build much. damflame, as far as i can tell, has not touched BH this gen. this may imply that this team is running with a mono-Chessking BH slot, which is certainly capable of causing upsets, but runs the risk of being outprepped by better-equipped teams.

4: Dubwool Entendres - XxLazzerpenguinxX + Quantum Tesseract
This pairing looks broken on paper but there are a few considerations here. Firstly, while sevag builds competent teams and can definitely win games, they've only recently picked the meta back up and most of the teams i've seen from lack satisfactory (at least imo) defensive profiles. QT, looking at their draft, seems to be almost definitely in MnM, so their commitment to supporting sevag is currently unclear (and as far as i can tell they usually prep last-minute for stuff).

3: Wiggly Family - TTTech + Onyx Onix 7
This is a very spooky core. Both of these players are capable builders and can cause major upsets with robust teams or fancy techs, respectively, and both have generally good awareness of their opposition (and so can build accordingly). consistency is probably the major concern here, as Onyx structures are notoriously hit-or-miss and TTTech teams can have wide openings for threats that aren't prepped for.

2: Photon Geezers - Tea Guzzler + augustakira
Do not understand how i got 5k akira but we take those. both of us are capable builders and players that work well with each other, can read opponents, and can step in for each other if necessary. we both also have pretty good ability to innovate and adapt to prominent threats, which should hopefully give us an edge in the builder. if there's one flaw it's that neither of us use imposter a great deal, but this isn't anything unfixable.

1: The Terrible Tyrants - quojova + career ended (?)
quojova is very likely the most talented builder in the pool and is largely self-sufficient, with career offering a sub option and someone to bounce ideas off of. the main reason this isn't number 1 is due to activity concerns as quojova has some stuff going on (i think he was going to make a post about it at some point), meaning career might be stranded without a strong builder for some weeks. quojova bringing overwhelmingly balance teams is also a risk with some slots that specialize in unorthodox techs (like Nihil and Onyx), but i don't doubt he can navigate around most of these.

e: underestimated quojova + prepping is pain

Last edited:

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
GG rankings except it's not based on power but how much time it took me to guess who is gonna be playing GG bc no one plays this tier:

1: Photon Geezers: Unless I live a double life where I am an RU main that I am completely unaware of (like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde), I am pretty sure I play this tier.

2: Gods as Ghold: Fraise is the only other person here who lacks the self-respect and dignity to play a better meta than pre-HOME GG, making this very quick.

3: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos: FC simultaneously plays other tiers while lacking self-respect and dignity for themselves. How do I know? I don't know actually. This is just a smear campaign bc their name is really long and I decided to type it out instead of copying and pasting. Now is this a problem with me or them? I'm going to say them because otherwise that would imply that I am in the wrong here.

4/5: Terrible Tyrants / Dubwool Entendres: So both of these guys are tied I would say because I asked them who their GG player was. I asked Kenn first, which may seem unfair for the Dubwools to be ranked lower because of something out of their control. I will be granting both of them a tie for this.

6: Wiggly Family: The Wiggly Family had forgotten to charge their brains the night before the draft and coasted through majority of it with only 3-4 players and 57k budge to work with. At that point basically almost everyone was taken, including the 1.5 GG players in the pool. Due to them drafting Volty as their second to last player, they will be getting the 6th spot on this list.

7: Fluttermania: Not only do they not have BH players, they do not have any GG players either... Is what I would say if I hadn't just remembered that Jrdn plays GG. However me forgetting is not against the rules, which means they will be getting the 7th spot on this list.

8) W VIRRIZIONS!: And coming in at number 8 on the list is Beauts (and Greybaum). Beauts being at the bottom shouldn't come as a surprise, but the thing we're all wondering is: who is their GG player? Answer? I don't know. It works out though because I get to call Beauts a bottom.

Willdbeast'sSuperExcitingMysteryDraftPriceGuessingBonanza4.0 Results

I was right to be optimistic about this year's Bonanza with this being by far the most tightly fought and highly skilled guessing seen so far in OMPL.

In an astonishing result a record number of five(!) players correctly guessed their price, so congratulations to The Number Man, XxLazzerpenguinxX, baconeatinassassin, swag god and myself. Truly the deep analysis and skilful prediction displayed here was on another level to what we've seen before and is surely a sign of the great performance these players will put in for the rest of the tournament.

Also a shoutout to PandaDoux who almost made it with an admirable guess of only 500 credits off their draft price.

Overall players slightly overestimated their draft price, with eight guessing above their auction price and only two guessing below it for an average error of 719 credits above true price.

The worst prediction this year belonged to Career Ended with a result that would have been middle of the field in previous years, being only 3.5k off.

Team Rankings:

8. :necrozma-ultra: Photon Geezers:
With no price guesses, correct or otherwise, I have some serious concerns for this team. The general apathy shown by these players indicates that motivation will be low and the level of preparation will leave a lot to desired. Not really any redeeming factors for this team unlike all the others above them on this list so I don't expect much from them.

7. :tyranitar: The Terrible Tyrants
Unlike previous years the competition is a lot closer, with even the number 7 team having a reasonable performance in the art of prediction. Both career ended and fissure made guesses for this team and compared to the past iterations their performance was quite respectable. However the field is tougher than ever with a number of extremely tough opponents. They also have the issue of their manager Drampa, no doubt due to his senility, not understanding the rules of the competition and once again making the mistake of submitting a guess as a manager - despite the strong criticism he received for doing the same thing two years ago. However unlike the Geezers this team has at least shown a strong effort (even if it is misdirected) which could translate into some good results.

6. :flutter mane: Fluttermania
This year the middle of the field is extremely tight and the Flutters can easily finish a few spots higher than this if they capitalise on their strengths throughout the tour. With two guesses, both a respectable 2k from the draft price, they have some solid. Most notable is their star player Atha who as well as being a good AAA player is (more importantly) a capable guesser, being only 10% off. He's supported by the late pick bored_glitch who is enough to nudge them above the Tyrants.

5. :virizion: W VIRIZZIONS
With two solid guesses being 1.5 and 2k off against quite high prices this team has really solid potential and should perform better than the three teams below them. There is also a lot of synergy in this draft with city underestimating their price and pannu overestimating theirs if they can work together and cover each other's weaknesses they could go further in this tournament than the raw numbers might imply. Overall a very solid draft but not quite the star potential of the following teams.

4. :solgaleo: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos
Starting out the top half of the rankings is perhaps a bit of a controversial choice, with their top player Bacon making a perfect guess. This alone makes the team a force to be reckoned with. However it's always risky to rely on a single player for a team's performance so due to this factor I can't rank them above the remaining teams who have a more well rounded roster.

3. :wigglytuff: Wiggly Family
The #2 and #3 spots are incredibly close this year so these teams could easily finish in either position, however the Wigglies narrowly miss out on the top two. With one perfect guess from Swag God and a good performance from ojr being 2k away they have a formidable core. However their star play Swag was only on a 3k bid which makes the correct prediction slightly less impressive and they only have two players which, while being much more reliable than the one of the Solgs, does leave some chances for a bad week if one or both of them doesn't put in their best. It's a testament to the increasing level of play that such a strong squad isn't in the top two, but they are still a team to be feared.

2. :gholdengo: Gods as Ghold
Beating out the Wigglies to the top two are the Gholds who don't quite have the top players of the Wigglies or Solgs but make up for it with an extremely well rounded draft of three players all making very solid predictions. Most notable is PandaDoux being as close to perfect as it gets with a slim 0.5k error. They're backed up by the supporting player Ivar with guess just 1 away. This team is made even more threatening by the presence of former GuessingBonanza champion Chessking who made a solid start to this OMPL with a 1.5k error but is someone whose past performances hint at a higher potential if they can get into the swing of it properly, potentially being a bigger threat as the tourney goes on as he gets over some rust from not predicting prices for a couple of years.

1. :dubwool: Dubwool Entendres
While there are a number of scary teams this year there's really no question which team made the best drafts this year. The Dubwools have an unrivalled three correct predictions from Sevag, TNM and willdbeast. Sevag comes back from his win in the previous Bonanza and isn't showing any signs of slowing down, predicting with pinpoint accuracy his 9.5k draft price and bring unrivalled consistency which will be hard to match. TNM is a newcomer to the prediction meta but has shown a remarkable aptitude with the strongest performance of the year, calling his 13.5k price and showing that he can go toe to toe with even the most experienced price guessers. The team is rounded out by willdbeast who doesn't quite bring the flashy predictions of their teammates but can support with their solid 3k correct prediction. Overall this team is by far the most effective prediction squad the tournament has even seen and should be the clear favourite going forwards.

Thanks everyone for taking part (even drampa's grandpa) , hopefully it was a bit of fun!

Tea Guzzler

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Willdbeast'sSuperExcitingMysteryDraftPriceGuessingBonanza4.0 Results

I was right to be optimistic about this year's Bonanza with this being by far the most tightly fought and highly skilled guessing seen so far in OMPL.

In an astonishing result a record number of five(!) players correctly guessed their price, so congratulations to The Number Man, XxLazzerpenguinxX, baconeatinassassin, swag god and myself. Truly the deep analysis and skilful prediction displayed here was on another level to what we've seen before and is surely a sign of the great performance these players will put in for the rest of the tournament.

Also a shoutout to PandaDoux who almost made it with an admirable guess of only 500 credits off their draft price.

Overall players slightly overestimated their draft price, with eight guessing above their auction price and only two guessing below it for an average error of 719 credits above true price.

The worst prediction this year belonged to Career Ended with a result that would have been middle of the field in previous years, being only 3.5k off.

Team Rankings:

8. :necrozma-ultra: Photon Geezers:
With no price guesses, correct or otherwise, I have some serious concerns for this team. The general apathy shown by these players indicates that motivation will be low and the level of preparation will leave a lot to desired. Not really any redeeming factors for this team unlike all the others above them on this list so I don't expect much from them.

7. :tyranitar: The Terrible Tyrants
Unlike previous years the competition is a lot closer, with even the number 7 team having a reasonable performance in the art of prediction. Both career ended and fissure made guesses for this team and compared to the past iterations their performance was quite respectable. However the field is tougher than ever with a number of extremely tough opponents. They also have the issue of their manager Drampa, no doubt due to his senility, not understanding the rules of the competition and once again making the mistake of submitting a guess as a manager - despite the strong criticism he received for doing the same thing two years ago. However unlike the Geezers this team has at least shown a strong effort (even if it is misdirected) which could translate into some good results.

6. :flutter mane: Fluttermania
This year the middle of the field is extremely tight and the Flutters can easily finish a few spots higher than this if they capitalise on their strengths throughout the tour. With two guesses, both a respectable 2k from the draft price, they have some solid. Most notable is their star player Atha who as well as being a good AAA player is (more importantly) a capable guesser, being only 10% off. He's supported by the late pick bored_glitch who is enough to nudge them above the Tyrants.

5. :virizion: W VIRIZZIONS
With two solid guesses being 1.5 and 2k off against quite high prices this team has really solid potential and should perform better than the three teams below them. There is also a lot of synergy in this draft with city underestimating their price and pannu overestimating theirs if they can work together and cover each other's weaknesses they could go further in this tournament than the raw numbers might imply. Overall a very solid draft but not quite the star potential of the following teams.

4. :solgaleo: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos
Starting out the top half of the rankings is perhaps a bit of a controversial choice, with their top player Bacon making a perfect guess. This alone makes the team a force to be reckoned with. However it's always risky to rely on a single player for a team's performance so due to this factor I can't rank them above the remaining teams who have a more well rounded roster.

3. :wigglytuff: Wiggly Family
The #2 and #3 spots are incredibly close this year so these teams could easily finish in either position, however the Wigglies narrowly miss out on the top two. With one perfect guess from Swag God and a good performance from ojr being 2k away they have a formidable core. However their star play Swag was only on a 3k bid which makes the correct prediction slightly less impressive and they only have two players which, while being much more reliable than the one of the Solgs, does leave some chances for a bad week if one or both of them doesn't put in their best. It's a testament to the increasing level of play that such a strong squad isn't in the top two, but they are still a team to be feared.

Beating out the Wigglies to the top two are the Gholds who don't quite have the top players of the Wigglies or Solgs but make up for it with an extremely well rounded draft of three players all making very solid predictions. Most notable is PandaDoux being as close to perfect as it gets with a slim 0.5k error. They're backed up by the supporting player Ivar with guess just 1 away. This team is made even more threatening by the presence of former GuessingBonanza champion Chessking who made a solid start to this OMPL with a 1.5k error but is someone whose past performances hint at a higher potential if they can get into the swing of it properly, potentially being a bigger threat as the tourney goes on as he gets over some rust from not predicting prices for a couple of years.

While there are a number of scary teams this year there's really no question which team made the best drafts this year. The Dubwools have an unrivalled three correct predictions from Sevag, TNM and willdbeast. Sevag comes back from his win in the previous Bonanza and isn't showing any signs of slowing down, predicting with pinpoint accuracy his 9.5k draft price and bring unrivalled consistency which will be hard to match. TNM is a newcomer to the prediction meta but has shown a remarkable aptitude with the strongest performance of the year, calling his 13.5k price and showing that he can go toe to toe with even the most experienced price guessers. The team is rounded out by willdbeast who doesn't quite bring the flashy predictions of their teammates but can support with their solid 3k correct prediction. Overall this team is by far the most effective prediction squad the tournament has even seen and should be the clear favourite going forwards.

Thanks everyone for taking part (even drampa's grandpa) , hopefully it was a bit of fun!
well saying i'm going to be 13.5k is a bit like saying motorway services are a fucking scam, what do you want me to do here

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

as far as i can tell, Leru has never played BH. Nihil has stated in their signup that they don't want to play BH (only support), and they haven't been played gen 9 in a good while. BH is, by a long shot, the meta where trophies gets you the least distance. to me this looks like flutters forgot a BH slot until all of the main options were gone and started panicking, and it very much looks like they'll get punished for it.

pdt has had prior success but has not played BH in what feels like an eternity, and the team doesn't have good support options to get them up to scratch. this will definitely be a struggle and success seems very unlikely for the first few weeks at least. ranking above flutters because the chance that they can get to grips with the tier and pull out some wins is probably higher.

city is the only BH player on this team; any potential support will be limited to non-mainer support from hayedenn + pannu, who obviously don't specialize in the tier. normally a mono-city draft would be fine, but i'm fairly sure they dropped BH after week 2 and haven't played since. i don't doubt that they can get to grips with the meta eventually but the first few weeks will definitely have some growing pains.

Chessking is a pretty good player but they don't build much. damflame, as far as i can tell, has not touched BH this gen. this may imply that this team is running with a mono-Chessking BH slot, which is certainly capable of causing upsets, but runs the risk of being outprepped by better-equipped teams.

This pairing looks broken on paper but there are a few considerations here. Firstly, while sevag builds competent teams and can definitely win games, they've only recently picked the meta back up and most of the teams i've seen from lack satisfactory (at least imo) defensive profiles. QT, looking at their draft, seems to be almost definitely in MnM, so their commitment to supporting sevag is currently unclear (and as far as i can tell they usually prep last-munite for stuff).

This is a very spooky core. Both of these players are capable builders and can cause major upsets with robust teams or fancy techs, respectively, and both have generally good awareness of their opposition (and so can build accordingly). consistency is probably the major concern here, as Onyx structures are notoriously hit-or-miss and TTTech teams can have wide openings for threats that aren't prepped for.

2: The Terrible Tyrants - quojova + career ended (?)
quojova is very likely the most talented builder in the pool and is largely self-sufficient, with career offering a sub option and someone to bounce ideas off of. the main reason this isn't number 1 is due to activity concerns as quojova has some stuff going on (i think he was going to make a post about it at some point), meaning career might be stranded without a strong builder for some weeks. quojova bringing overwhelmingly balance teams is also a risk with some slots that specialize in unorthodox techs (like Nihil and Onyx), but i don't doubt he can navigate around most of these.

1: Photon Geezers - Tea Guzzler + augustakira
Do not understand how i got 5k akira but we take those. both of us are capable builders and players that work well with each other, can read opponents, and can step in for each other if necessary. we both also have pretty good ability to innovate and adapt to prominent threats, which should hopefully give us an edge in the builder. if there's one flaw it's that neither of us use imposter a great deal, but this isn't anything unfixable.
Yung One I Played BH Before Your Account Was Created

7 is still accurate though.

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Scrabble pr time!!! I will once again make a pr for the teams based on the longest word that I could make using the first letter of each player's name on each team. I threw in the points for the word in Scrabble as a way to break any potential ties.
1. The Terrible Tyrants with "stylistics" at 10 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
2. Wiggly Family with both "motordoms" and "protopods" at 9 letters. Both are 14 points in Scrabble.
3. Fluttermania with "blackfin" at 8 letters. 19 points in Scrabble.
4. Gods as Ghold with "flaccid" at 7 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
5. Photon Geezers with "flack" at 5 letters. 14 points in Scrabble.
6. Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos with "swift" at 5 letters. 11 points in Scrabble.
7. W VIRIZZIONS with "psst" at 4 letters. 6 points in Scrabble.
8. Dubwool Entendres with "tsk" at 3 letters. 7 points in Scrabble.

Nihilslave's BH Draft Power Rankings
S tier
Leru - Flutters
After some test games in the future I'm Convinced that our starter a very overlooked and promising BH player. Nihilslave? Who's that?

A tier
pdt - Solgaleos
On elder pdt I see a future me. Just know that historic suCCess doesn't guarantee current one. That being said they are still the greatest BH player in the pool besides me.

B tier
Tea Guzzler/augustakira/Tanny89k - Geezers
I don't doubt the capability of any of them as a starter in BH themselves. However I just don't see how they can work together well. The Best thing they can do imo is to find the Best player for each week and let them do it alone.

C tier
Chessking345/PandaDoux/damflame 3/Ivar57 - Gholds
Seems stacked at the first place but Chessking is the only Actual BH player here. But I do think PandaDoux going into BH open finals means something not only to themself but also to the BH meta. We do not need professional players this time, just experienced ones.

D tier
TTTech/Onyx Onyx 7 - Wigglies
Solid double stall players. TTTech is stubborn on his own style while Onyx's teambuilding is wild. I think this is a pretty interesting pair despite weaker than All the teams above.

E tier
quojova/Career Ended/tzaur - Tyrants
quojova themself is Already great, not to mention two other solid players Aside. But imo their teambuilding are all too standard which is exploitable.

F tier
cityscapes/xavgb - Virizions
You can always believe cityscapes!

G tier
XxLazzerpenguinxX/quantumtesseract/Potatochan/willdbeast
This is what I call old memories. That being said I don't believe they can achieve anything without Nihilslave! Who's that again? Sevag's earlier post is just a shy begging for me to join and help! Thank you a lot sev ;-;

The NFE rankings nobody asked for but you will still receive.
  1. Stareal (VIRIZZIONS), this player has experience with playing NFE in OMPL, generally plays mons at a high level, and has the best manager support for NFE in the tour, a clear number one.
  2. PandaDoux (Gholds), we all know PD has enough experience in OMPL in general which is a pretty important factor. Besides that PD has experience in NFE and SVNFE in particular as well. Abriel seems to be a good support to have for him as well but could easily start at a comparable level to PD.
  3. fade (Flutters), fade also known as jonfilch purely gets in this high on skill level alone, If they had a real NFE builder (unless Fogbound Lake knows from UMPL?) on the roster fade would've been number 1 without a doubt but I'm afraid the skill only gets you so far. NFE isn't terribly hard to build in so maybe some teammate could pick it up and build some decent teams that will still leave fade enough room with to outplay the opponent.
  4. 5Dots (Geezers), 5Dots is very involved with SVNFE and I think they should be the starter here but it could easily be Tuthur as well. This team gets number 4 purely on metagame involvement and building aspect as I expect them to roll up with very solid teams every week and coast to a neutral record at least.
  5. tlenit (Tyrants), tlenit is obviously good at Pokemon but is, on the other hand, looking to be very unmotivated for this tour. If that was the only issue with this core they would've been higher but I'm afraid the building part might be shaky too. Although they are the tier leader, lepton has never seemed fully confident in their building ability but maybe blinkboy could offer a helping hand with that.
  6. King Leo V (Dubwools), is very much unknown about just how "washed" he could possibly be, and with his last OMPL being his worst one yet Im afraid the King Leo V stocks have dropped. Will he have the sauce back, only time could tell!
  7. clean (Solgaleos), coming off of a good first SPL campaign, clean finds himself all alone in OMPL, I have no clue what will happen here. Maybe his SSZU experience will help him with the tier of Not Fully Evolved. He has the skill to perform well but there is too much uncertainty here, yet again, only time could tell!

Tea Guzzler

Nihilslave's BH Draft Power Rankings
S tier
Leru - Flutters
After some test games in the future I'm Convinced that our starter a very overlooked and promising BH player. Nihilslave? Who's that?

A tier
pdt - Solgaleos
On elder pdt I see a future me. Just know that historic suCCess doesn't guarantee current one. That being said they are still the greatest BH player in the pool besides me.

B tier
Tea Guzzler/augustakira/Tanny89k - Geezers
I don't doubt the capability of any of them as a starter in BH themselves. However I just don't see how they can work together well. The Best thing they can do imo is to find the Best player for each week and let them do it alone.

C tier
Chessking345/PandaDoux/damflame 3/Ivar57 - Gholds
Seems stacked at the first place but Chessking is the only Actual BH player here. But I do think PandaDoux going into BH open finals means something not only to themself but also to the BH meta. We do not need professional players this time, just experienced ones.

D tier
TTTech/Onyx Onyx 7 - Wigglies
Solid double stall players. TTTech is stubborn on his own style while Onyx's teambuilding is wild. I think this is a pretty interesting pair despite weaker than All the teams above.

E tier
quojova/Career Ended/tzaur - Tyrants
quojova themself is Already great, not to mention two other solid players Aside. But imo their teambuilding are all too standard which is exploitable.

F tier
cityscapes/xavgb - Virizions
You can always believe cityscapes!

G tier
XxLazzerpenguinxX/quantumtesseract/Potatochan/willdbeast
This is what I call old memories. That being said I don't believe they can achieve anything without Nihilslave! Who's that again? Sevag's earlier post is just a shy begging for me to join and help! Thank you a lot sev ;-;
SCACCBBBCADAEAAFG
what are these bolded letters for

Hi this is my personal PR, don't take it too personal i just said what i think nothing is meant to be hurtful to anybody, hope you'll have fun reading.
I do think some of the ranks could be switched especially between 3rd/4th/5th but keep in mind that i think that every team has the potential to win it's just for fun.

:virizion: W Virizzions :virizion:

Okay so first we have Greybaum + hayedenn as the managers, i don't know if hayedenn is still up with the current generation but they don't care anyway they will support like half the tier as always and will spread a good mood, i think they're a great manager, and Greybaum will be able to support multiple metas without any issues as well, notably NFE / STAB but surely he will support something like AAA or MnM as well.
Now let's move to the players, and can we talk about the fact they managed to have the best 2v2 clicker of the pool with the 2nd best 2v2 of the pool for 8k lol (tyo + Vrji) this core is just broken as fuck i don't see any team that can beat this core, hayedenn and Greybaum really couldn't managed to have a better core than that in my eyes. Both MnM and BH slots are fine with Xavgb and Cityscapes respectively, they are both self-sufficient but Cityscapes is kinda alone in BH so they might get outprepped by some of the others teams that have multiple supports, although both Xavgb and Cityscapes have proved to be excellent players in their tiers and i'm expecting both to do very well. Stareal with Greybaum and hayedenn support in NFE is very good, Stareal has been playing NFE in OMPL since 3 years now and has made great plays in every games so i would say he is kind of a threat for the NFE pool, Greybaum and hayedenn just managed to have a great player to support in NFE and that's gonna be very threatening for every other teams. Luisin is probably gonna play AAA again this year and Lordbox and Tranquility both will be able to support them, they have the potential to do extremely well but i do think that the pool is gonna be very stacked so i'm not as sure they'll do well as the others slots mentioned above. Pannu + Greybaum in STAB is really good, i'm sure both will have a lot of very good ideas it won't be easy to prep against them, Pannu has always been doing well in STABmons and it won't change this year, not their best slot, but this is still really solid. Now we're finally going to talk about the weakest slots, starting with GG, I don't think they have any GG support from my knowledge, probably hayedenn and/or Greybaum will support this slot but i don't know how solid they are in this tier so i'm a little bit worried, and the player is gonna be Sylvi or hariyana grande so i don't think they have the knowledge neither. And now, the AG is gonna be... SparksBlade? I really don't know, I think it's gonna be SparksBlade because i don't see anyone else in their team playing AG but SparksBlade alone in this tier doesn't look good enough, maybe it's just my lack of AG knowledge that makes me think that their AG is not solid but i don't remember seeing SparksBlade in any AG tournament, maybe the AG Snake but that's it. Gum is gonna be a sub, from what i've seen their plays are questionable not gonna lie but maybe they'll be broken this tournament no one knows what can happens, and Taka is just a nice guy who's gonna be active even if they don't know the tiers a lot so i think Taka's gonna make a great bench player.
There's a lot of really good slots here, the 2v2 is extremely solid and NFE, MnM, BH, STAB, & AAA are all very good as well, i really expect them to do very well.
:dubwool: Dubwool Entendres :dubwool:

Redflix + Quantum Tesseract is a broken core as managers, i wouldn't have been shocked if Redflix would have selfbuy but they let QT taking care of the MnM slot, they are a broken MnM core so they don't have to worry about that during the auction and QT can also help well in BH and probably in tiers like STAB and AAA too. In AAA they picked The Number Man, i don't know if they have played SV AAA but they were really good in SS and with QT + DJ Breloominati's support, who is mostly playing AAA in OMs for the past few years, TNM should be fine. Kaif is probably gonna be the STAB player, i guess they built the teams they used in the STAB Open so they are probably self-sufficient and have the potential to do well, Terracotta will maybe support them but idk if they know the current meta, but surely they'll try. I think Kaif has also began to have interests in 2v2 and will be able to support Potatochan and DripLegend, Potatochan is probably gonna starts because they were doing very well last year although DripLegend had a great record in 2v2PL earlier in the generation so i wouldn't be surprised if they start, i think this core is great, DripLegend knows the tier for sure, and Potatochan is a good 2v2 player. XxLazzerpenguinxX has proved to be a really great player in BH in SS, but i don't know if they know SV BH, willdbeast has experience in BH but i'm not sure about SV BH, but i'm sure they both will be active to learn the tier if they don't know the tier and they should be fine, + QT can help too if both have no experience in SV BH. Lily is surely gonna start in GG, they probably know the tier and will have support from Plushietran, i don't know if Plushietran is good at building but they have experience in the current meta at least, so i think they should be fine with the good in-game of Lily and the experience of Plushietran. I don't know who's gonna start between Staxi and Frito in AG but i don't know if they are good at the tier in game and in builds, also Staxi has been completely inactive last year as well as when they picked me for a team tournament where they were managing but apparently they are active this generation so i hope it's true and that they're gonna do well but i'm still ensure of what to think about this AG slot. And finally, King Leo V will be playing NFE, honestly it just looks like Redflix and QT forgot about NFE and picked King Leo V last second because they needed a NFE slot but i don't think King Leo V knows the meta at all and has not been doing well in the most recent tours they have been in, so i don't think they will do well this tournament. I don't know who jasprose is but i guess they'll be a good sub if they are active.
I think this team has a lot of good slots and i expect most of them to do well but i'm really worried about AG and NFE because AG entirely depends on Staxi's motivation and NFE is just really weak compared to the others teams.
:tyranitar: The Terrible Tyrants :tyranitar:

Drampa's grandpa & kenn are managing the Tyrants, no more Trums i'm shocked :( Anyway, i don't think both of them know any tier so that's a BIG disadvantage compared to the other teams but that doesn't mean anything because you can be a good manager while knowing 0 tier, which is why drampa won last year's OMPL with OM. Alright so let's take a look at the BH slot which is quojova, quojova has proved to be an amazing BH and will do well for sure, they don't have support so they might get outprepped some weeks, they will still do well in BH because they proved to be one of the best in the past few years anyway. Tlenit + Lepton is the NFE core of the team, i think it's a great core, Tlenit knows NFE and is good at it while Lepton will be able to support them even if they're gonna be inactive, that's just a great tourplayer + support core imo. Speaking of tourplayer + support core let's talk about the STAB slot with Shaneghoul + Fissure, Shaneghoul is just a great player that can win against anyone and Fissure is a good builder, i don't know if they know SV STAB very well, but if they do the same job they did in SS STAB last year, they should be fine. Yuki is the only 2v2 of the team and i think it kinda sucks to only have one 2v2 in a team because they're gonna bring the same kind of stuff every week because obviously you cannot bring 5 teams very different from the previous weeks every week when you're alone, and they said they wanted support because they're gonna be a bit busy so probably won't have time to build a lot, but Yuki is still a great 2v2 and will do well for sure. I'm glad Inder has been picked but they are alone to fulfill the AG slot, i don't doubt they can build and play at a high level, being alone in AG kinda sucks because there's a lot of good AG slots and it could be hard to stand out from the crowd. Shiloh is the AAA of the team and has always been doing well, but tzaur as the only support i don't know if that's a good idea because i don't know how good are tzaur's teams, so i'm ensure of what to think of that slot, but i guess at least Shiloh has support so surely it can't go wrong. Blinkboy and Instruct will fulfill the GG slot of the team, i think Blinkboy is probably gonna start because they did well in GG Open, although their games in the OMGS, they did not play well some of the games, maybe it was because it's pretty long with 5 games, idk, anyway Blinkboy knows the tier for sure and will be able to build, and i think Instruct knows the tier too but i don't know if they can build some good stuff in their own but at least Blinkboy is not alone and that's a good thing, what is not a good thing is that the GG pool is gonna be full of strong players and i think both of them are lacking some in-game skill not gonna lie so i hope they'll be able to fish well in order to take some strong wins. Career Ended and TectonicDestroyer are the MnM of the team, i don't know who's gonna start because i think both players have equal in-game and but i also think that they're not at the same level as the rest of the MnM pool, and i don't know if they know the meta too, so yeah i'm worried about this slot for the Tyrants. I have no idea who seroo is and they don't seem to be active in any tier so idk, and SpaceSpeakers probably know some of the tiers and will be able to help so they're a good bench player.
Overall it seems like Drampa and Kenn were trying their best to have 2 people per tier and i think some of the cores are great, but some others are really lacking something to be threatening.
:solgaleo: Soul-Stealing-Seven-Star Solgaleos :solgaleo:

Fc & Guard are managing the SSSSS this year and they both know AG well while Fc also knows STABmons well, knowing well only 2 tiers is a disadvantage compared to the other teams who knows generally like 3 or 4. They both chose to buy themselves, Fc is very good at STABmons and can every fulfill any other slot with support so it's a great buy and i guess Guard is good in AG so that's probably worth as well. Now let's take a look at the tiers, starting with AG, they have literally like 6 people able to support this tier that's crazy, i guess Guard is gonna play otherwise they would have not buy themself or maybe they did not expect to have so many AG players in their team, Will is an amazing AG player and will be able to support the tier very well (even if they said they only played 5 games of SV AG i'm sure they'll do well), i know tier did AG Snake so surely they can support the tier well too and i'm stopping here because i'm not sure if the others want to support AG, but this is already very solid and they should be able to do very well. I'm looking at the other tiers and not gonna lie i'm ensure of what their LU is gonna be. I think DugZa is gonna be playing STABmons and will be supported by Fc, both are great players and Fc knows the tier well so i'm expecting them to do very well. Fragments is gonna be their 2v2, they're good and knows how to build but they are alone and a 2v2, alone, i don't think that's a good idea, they won't be able to change a lot their structures and could be outprepped because of that, but Fragments is solid otherwise, i'm just worried because they are alone. I think baconeatinassassin expressed that they do not want to support AG, but they're still very good at the game anyway and i can see them playing and building GG, i think they'll need some times to build good stuff if they don't know the tier so the first few weeks might be a bit difficult, but they should be able to catch some wins. Icemaster is gonna be the MnM of their team for sure, i don't know if they are gonna be able to build by themself and if they are good in the tier so we'll see. I guess Dr. Phd. BJ is gonna start in NFE, they did very well in the tier in SS so there's no reason they don't do well this year, although they have no support and i don't know if the teams they're gonna do will be good or bad so, i'm not sure of how it could turn out. Same for Fc in AAA, because i really don't think anyone else is gonna play AAA, except if they want baconeatinassassin in AAA and Fc in GG but Fc has experience in AAA, and GG is easier to learn than AAA for sure, so i'm expecting Fc to play in AAA but they have no support either, so i don't know if they're gonna do well at all. In BH it's probably gonna be Pdt, with no support, again. I guess Pdt has played BH in the past but they did not do well in BH since 2 years so i don't see why it should change now. I have literally no ideas what pichus, PociekMociek, Spellcaster, and clean are gonna do in this team, i guess they'll spread good mood? But they don't know any tiers i think? So yeah that's a lot of subs that can't help any tier at a high level.
Overall the players are great, the support is questionable, 6 slots have no good support, so yeah if every players manage to learn the tier correctly and to build good teams this team could be extremely threatening, but if they do not, it could be really hard to keep up with the other teams.
:necrozma-ultra: Photon Geezers :necrozma-ultra:

Tea Guzzler & Ponchlake are the managers of this team, i think it's their 1st team tournament as a manager for both so it's gonna be a nice experience for them. They both choose to buy themselves and it's fair enough, i don't think i would have buy Tea Guzzler for 13.5k honestly but they're good and they have the potential to do very well anyway so that's still worth. Tea Guzzler is only gonna support BH because i don't think they know any other tier well and Ponchlake will be able to support GG and AG so these 3 slots are already ensure to have great teams. Let's start with BH slot, they have the aforementioned Tea Guzzler, augustakira, and Tanny89k, i've never seen augustakira play so i don't know if they're gonna be the player and i think Tea Guzzler is better than Tanny89k from what i've seen so it's gonna be Tea Guzzler as the starter most likely, i don't know if Tea Guzzler has enough skill to beat strong opponents like Cityscapes or Quojova but with theses 3 players they will have great teams for sure, a lot of support, that means a lot of ideas, a lot of tests, so a stronger and unexpected team. Farce Of The Death and Bread Sandwich are gonna be the AG players of the team, i don't know how well they are good but surely they know the tier very well, and they have the support of Ponchlake too so i'm expecting them to do well in this slot. Now let's have a look to the GG and STAB slot, they're gonna be carried by Ponchlake and LBDC, respectively, so Ponchlake is very good at GG and i just can't see them doing bad in this tournament, i'm not saying they're gonna slay the entire pool but i do expect them to do very well, and LBDC is a good player and a good builder of STABmons and is self-sufficient so i don't think they're gonna do badly as well. 5Dots + Tuthur is the NFE core, i don't know if 5Dots has improved their in-game but if they did not i think Tuthur will be better to play the slot, both of them can build good NFE teams, i don't think this slot is crazy but i think they have the potential to beat everyone else in the pool. Krytocon and Clarex are the 2v2 of this team, Clarex has been doing crazy stuff on the ladder i guess since they were (still are?) 1st on the ladder so i guess they know how to build and click and Krytocon can build good stuff, i don't know how good they are in 2v2 but at least they both have the knowledge of the tier so it can't go wrong. Now i'm a bit worried by MZ as the AAA slot, they don't have any support and i don't think they've been playing the tier this generation so it could go really wrong but in the other hand, it's MZ, and they have been doing well in AAA in the past few years so i don't know what's gonna happen, it could be a disaster if they don't catch up how to build good teams but it also could work if they do. Lastly, the MnM is fulfilled by db and zastra, i don't know what to think about it, db doesn't know anything about SV MnM i think (?) and zastra idk maybe they know the tier but i'm not convinced in their abilities to build great teams and play well so i would say db is the player but even db as the player i don't think they were the best player in SS so in SV, where they don't really know the tier as well as the others MnM, i'm kinda worried about how well this slot is gonna work not gonna lie.
They have some strong slots like BH and AG with a lot of support but some others slots lack either support or great in-game like AAA and MnM, so overall the team can do well against everyone but has not the advantage against other teams either.
:flutter mane: Fluttermania :flutter mane:

KarpeSan & Adem are the managers of the Fluttermania, i don't think both of them play any tier, maybe AG, but nothing else, so they really need some strong support because they won't be able to tests or help to build good teams. So they picked Atha as their AAA slot, Atha is in like 16-2 in OMs team tours which is crazy (including OMWC) and he is by far the best AAA right now with great plays and great builds so he should do very well without any issues. Fogbound Lake will probably be the AG player, supported by Frozoid, i think this is a great core, Fogbound Lake is very good at everything they touch so AG should be no exception and i think they already did well in AG Snake, and Frozoid is an AG player that should be able to support Fogbound Lake, so that's a really good core. Jrdn is gonna be the GG slot, they did well last year, there's no reason they don't do well this year too, i guess they have already touched the tier so they should be fine. At first glance, i would have say that Leru + Nihilslave is an amazing BH core, with Leru playing since Nihilslave wants to be benched i think, however, it looks like Nihilslave doesn't know SV BH at all, and Leru is already in a lot of tournaments and i don't know if they will have time to build, so, if Nihilslave learns the meta pretty quickly they could be fine but if Nihilslave doesn't, i don't think this core is gonna be doing well the whole season. Clementine is gonna be the STAB slot and should be able to builds by themself (because anyway they are the only who knows the tier) but i don't think Clementine is at the same level at the rest of the pool in terms of in-game, and the pool is really good, they should be able to take some wins but i don't think they're gonna do well with no support. Crying + Bored_glitch is the 2v2 core, and i don't know why crying only signed up for 2v2 because, to be good in 2v2 you need to click well and the most important is to know the tier very well, and crying doesn't play 2v2 at all so i don't know if they are gonna be able to click well, and they don't know the tier at all so yeah it's gonna be hard if they are starting, Bored_glitch can build teams, i don't know if they can build good teams i just know they can build teams so i don't think this core is gonna do well in the 2v2 pool because the 2v2 pool is really good for the most part and crying just doesnt plays the tier while bored_glitch only began recently i think, they both played 1v1 in the past but i don't think that's gonna be enough. Fade was broken as fuck last year in NFE so surely they will be broken this year!!... they have no support and the one time i was in a team tournament with them they were extremely inactive and were just playing games (barely) so if they do the same in this tournament, this slot is in trouble, i mean they can pick random teams and Fade could just outplay everyone but, if they pick random teams, that means the teams are kinda known so yeah i don't think they're gonna do well if no ones try to learn the tier and build stuff. I guess the MnM core is Baloor or kDCA + iapt, i think Baloor and kDCA are just tourplayers, i don't know if they are good enough for the pool but they play a lot of things so maybe they can play MnM too, unfortunately i don't think iapt knows SV MnM at all, so it's just like Fade in NFE, or Leru in BH, if they have no good teams, they won't do well, if they have good teams, they could do well, but they need someone to learn the meta, which is a big disadvantage compared to almost every other teams where there's a lot of players that knows the tier already.
They have some really strong slots such as AAA and AG but most of their slots are questionable in terms of support, having tourplayers is great but if you have no good teams no matter how good they are sometimes there's nothing to do, except if someone is secretly broken in like the 4 tiers where they lack support i think every week are gonna be hard for them.
:wigglytuff: Wiggly Family :wigglytuff:

Dragonillis & Palapapop are the french captains of this team, Dragonillis is just picking every french as the co-manager and if they lose that's the co-manager's fault and they change every single year until they win smh. Just kidding. Dragonillis knows some of the tier well while being able to help in any other tiers that are not AG or 2v2 so it's always great to have someone that can just test for 6 tiers if needed and throw ideas. Palapapop is gonna support STAB & BH and i know he does a fantastic job so i'm really excited to see what they're gonna bring in these slots. Let's start with BH slot, with TTTech as the player, supported by Palapapop and Onyx Onix 7, alright so TTTech has just won BH Open and has proved to be solid in-game and having 2 mates able to support you is really great in this tier, the more support you have the better it is so i expect them to bring some heat stuff and to do well. Meta has been picked 3 years in a row they are the ultimate french and will most likely play GG this year, they're good and they should not be underestimated + i guess they have Mossy Sandwich and VoltyPichu support? I don't know what Mossy Sandwich is gonna do honestly i don't think they know any tier this generation so yeah i just don't know what they're gonna do, but since they played GG last year maybe they'll help GG this year too, and i'm unsure about the builds from VoltyPichu because i just didn't see them play so i don't know, Meta is really good and if they have good support they'll do well. Ojr, Osake, and Polt are all self-sufficient in their tiers, NFE for Ojr, MnM for Osake, and AG for Polt. Ojr & Polt are both doing very well in their tier since years so they'll be solid even if they have no support. I'm ensure about Osake because he has only been playing MnM this generation and has been retired for like a year so i'm not sure if their in-game is enough to do well in the MnM pool, but hopefully Clas' support will help him to take some wins so, we'll see. Speaking of Clas, i've heard they play 2v2 and they've been enjoing it so they'll probably be able to pass some good stuff to either Hugo, swag god, or Despacito87, idk which one is the best and i don't even know if one of them knows the tier but surely it can't go wrong with 4 builders in 1 slot, i don't know if they're gonna be able to take a lot of wins tho because some of the others teams have really great 2v2 clickers. Now in STAB, Dragonillis and Palapapop chose to pick RoFna, STAB Open runner-up, i have not watched the games so idk if they're good but i mean you can't go to the finale while being bad right? And they will have Palapapop's support who looooooves the tier so they should be able to take wins here. Okay now let's take a look at the AAA slot, and honestly it took me some time to see who's gonna be in that tier. Cumps is active in AAA, that's all i can say, they have no performances in AAA tournaments so i don't know if they'll be able to build some good stuff or if they are good, but i guess they're gonna support Pokemon Trainer 596, which, i don't know if they ever played the tier, so yeah idk. I think Osake in AAA and Clas in MnM would be better but i don't know if Osake is ok to play or support AAA, if they support the slot is still very weak anyway because i don't think Osake is the best support in the tier not gonna lie i found their teams not really solid in SS and if Osake plays i guess that's a bit better but still i don't think Osake has the best in-game among the AAA pool so it's a very rough slot for the Wigglies.
There's a lot of slots that look sketch that could go really wrong, but they do have a big BH slot and some others slots are good enough to win against anyone.

Last edited:
Empirical, critical, scientific, impartial, objective, factual AAA Power Rankings

(won't rank my own team because it's weird) (this is overall really close imo so don't be mad if you're low and don't get too pumped up if you're high)

7. :solgaleo: Soul-Stealing Seven-Stars Solgaleos
Solgaleos don't seem like they will steal much souls, with no player having particularly stood out in AAA recently. PociekMociek (surely their starter) split their votes for the Gengar / Zoroark suspect, which makes them highly suspect in my eyes. They did make it to round 6 of the Money Tournament playing some solid teams, so we're not immune to a surprise. Pichus seems to me to be the only player who could potentially help Pociek, but having not played any AAA games in gen9 it seems compromised.

6. :necrozma-ultra: Photon Geezers
We are already in the teams that could easily make a very good score if things go well for them. MZ is known to be capable of the best and the worst, rather the best, but requiring competent support. The reason I rank the team so low is that the support is not quite up to par, with Tea Guzzler and Tanny89k being decent builders but not particularly outstanding. If their AAA channel runs at full speed, they are capable of producing very good teams though.

5. :virizion: W Virizzions
The strength of this team depends a lot on the investment of luisin. Lordbox is a very motivated and promising player, but their lack of experience in big tournaments could hurt them; ideally luisin should play, but they have to catch up with the current state of the meta. Tranquillity is another active but relatively inexperienced player in AAA. In any case I have no doubt about their ability to produce solid and innovative teams.

4. :wigglytuff: Wiggly Family
This ranking might surprise some, but the Wiggly's AAA slot is actually quite solid. Osake, both in terms of building and ingame, is one of the best players today, and has experience in tournaments. Cumps going for 3k is a colossal steal given that the player has dominated the AAA ladder, with half a dozen accounts in the top 20 with above 85% gxe using strong and original teams; they are a great support and could even start if needed despite their lack of experience. Rofna is also capable of offering valuable help to the building.

3. :tyranitar: The Terrible Tyrants
At the bottom of top 3, a team that seems very dangerous. Shiloh is a strong and experienced player but relatively unable to build alone given his lack of recent involvement with AAA. He will necessarily have to learn about the meta to deliver on his promises. He has competent support in Career Ended, whose offensive style also matches Shiloh's quite well. Tzaur and Spacespeakers are also able to offer good help.

Ivar57
is one of the two best players today, if not the best, which warrants such a high ranking. With a very solid build and play style, the chances of him underperforming are low. The only downside is his very repetitive building: he'll have to step out of his comfort zone to avoid giving other teams too easy a time preping. However, he doesn't have much support, which is why I don't put him in the top spot. Fraise is still a help that could be precious. I don't see PandaDoux helping out in AAA but maybe.

This ranking is quite risky considering that the quality of this team's AAA slot depends on The Number Man's investment in the tier, but it seemed to me he was quite motivated. TNM is a player I regard very highly, particularly for his building skills - he might be the best prepper all around. But this wouldn't nearly warrant a #1 ranking without Quantum Tesseract's excellent help ; I think these to complement each other well in the builder. Only very strong teams can come out of their collaboration. We'll see if the playing follows but Dubwools should bring dubs.

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

This pairing looks broken on paper but there are a few considerations here. Firstly, while sevag builds competent teams and can definitely win games, they've only recently picked the meta back up and most of the teams i've seen from lack satisfactory (at least imo) defensive profiles. QT, looking at their draft, seems to be almost definitely in MnM, so their commitment to supporting sevag is currently unclear (and as far as i can tell they usually prep last-munite for stuff).

2: The Terrible Tyrants - quojova + career ended (?)

1: Photon Geezers - Tea Guzzler + augustakira
who tf let this man get away with akira 5k?????

Copied from Catalystic's previous editions

Welcome to the Power Rankings for the 11th edition of OMPL! This is the third edition of these power rankings, with the goal of these rankings to hype up the upcoming few weeks and give a representation of where each team is believed to stand in relation to the other teams. To obtain these rankings, for every single tier, we have asked 1 person from each team to rank everyone not on their team in that tier. To further reduce bias, the highest and lowest scores from each tier were removed when calculating the stats. The calculation for the total score is determined by the sum of scores for each tier; first place gets 8 points, second place gets 7 points, etc.
For tiebreaking, first compared the middle (unremoved) scores, with lower score placed higher (e.g. 2 3 4 5 6 > 4 4 4 4 4). Then compared the lowest rank (first number), then the highest rank (last number).
If all ranks are completely identical, then I just broke them myself using some of the PR reasonings made in this thread.
If teams had the same score, broke tie using the lower total mean rank.
Even though the whole system serves to be as unbiased as possible, it does not mean these rankings will be predicative of final results! If you or your team end up low on this power ranking, please don't take it to heart; this tournament is meant to be fun and it is up to you to prove opinions wrong! However, if you feel that your pride hinges on these rankings, you may feel free to voice your complaints nowhere and they will not be answered.

A big thank you to the following users who helped in the contribution for suggesting starter + supports for each tier: Atha pichus hayedenn Redflix PandaDoux
Also a big thank you to everyone who helped for rankings.

Here are all the Player Rankings:
Rank2v2AAAAGBHGGMnMNFESTAB
1yukiAthaGuardquojovaJrdnQuantum TesseractStarealpannu
2Chris32156Ivar57Fogbound LakeXxLazzerpenguinxXLilyxavgbleptonabriel
3DripLegendThe Number ManTaxFraudTTTechponchlakeIcemasterPandaDouxFc
4tyoshilohIndercityscapesDr. Phd. BjClasTuthurFissure
5KrytoconOsakeStaxiTea GuzzlerSparksbladekDCAfadeKaif
6bored_glitchLordBoxpoltChessking345blinkboydbojrLBDC
7HugoMZFarce Of The DeathLerufraiseTectonicDestroyerKing Leo VClementine
8FragmentsbaconeatinassassinTakapdtVoltyPichudamflame 3cleanRoFnA
Here are the Team Rankings:
RankTeamPoints
1Dubwool Entendres44
2The Terrible Tyrants43
3W Virizions41
4Gods as Ghold39
5Fluttermania38
6Photon Geezers29
7Soul-Stealing Seven Star Solgaleos29
8Wiggly Family25
For more details, feel free to click here or the title for detailed rankings.

Note: I wanted to get this out before week 1 started (was drafting the post when it went up) so some of these rankings are missing due to either me not able to find someone to contact or they haven't responded yet. I will be updating the ranks if new rankings come in. I don't think I will try to organize write-ups for everything (some of the rankers already have done PRs anyways), but maybe I'll do one for BH.

Hope we have a great OMPL!

Last edited:

Icemaster

Few will truly understand.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Hello. The Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos would like to request a name change to the Soul Stealing Seven Skarp Siddhus, with Annihilape as our mascot. We can be known as "SSSSS". Tagging Isaiah UT and KaenSoul to implement. Thank you.
Guard Fc
We are once again asking for a name change to the Soul Stealing Seven Skarp Siddhus with Annihilape as our mascot. I repeat, we no longer want to be identified as the Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos. We understand that the hosts are busy and missed the previous post, but we ask that they please implement this change going forward.

Signed - Icemaster, Fc, Pichus, WSun1, Bacon, Guardsweeper, PDT, Isotonex, SpellyCorio, LoPocoMoco and Andyboy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)