Tournament OMPL X - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
I just learned about subbing nihilslave out for Ren, so I'll send a new predictions~

SS Balanced Hackmons: a loser vs Ren
A loser is really a good player, when I haven't learned BH, I often watch a loser‘s games.But Ren once praised me for being cute,so i will support Ren.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
My team is calling act vs. velvet (and a lack of a sub on time), I'm going to post everything and let managers handle rest
1651269985410.png

1651270021740.png

Her managers knew an hour before my game that I asked to notify velvet to be quick if they wanted to reschedule last second. They never responded, so I sat on my ass an hour before the game waiting. If their phone is dead, why would they post that expecting a response from me before the game, which I did issue? Nothing against velvet at all as I would've appreciated a good game, but Saturday I have work/finals and Sunday is my bday--and more importantly it's hard to be forgiving of their (lack of) communication in a team tour. Velvet could've told their managers about a timing issue.

It's been over 30 minutes past the original "6 pm -4 Friday" with no intentions of subbing because somehow there's no honor on this site in respecting a conditional offer that was very clearly stated as conditional. I should've been more open that I'm busting my ass to make that conditional reschedule work for the weekend anyway. Certainly it's the last time I extend compassion in team tours.

I'd like to apologize to UT for flaming them personally--was immature by me

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
My team is calling act vs. velvet (and a lack of a sub on time), I'm going to post everything and let managers handle rest
View attachment 422221
View attachment 422222
Her managers knew an hour before my game that I asked to notify velvet to be quick if they wanted to reschedule last second. They never responded, so I sat on my ass an hour before the game waiting. If their phone is dead, why would they post that expecting a response from me before the game, which I did issue? Nothing against velvet at all as I would've appreciated a good game, but Saturday I have work/finals and Sunday is my bday--and more importantly it's hard to be forgiving of their (lack of) communication in a team tour. Velvet could've told their managers about a timing issue.

It's been over 30 minutes past the original "6 pm -4 Friday" with no intentions of subbing because somehow there's no honor on this site in respecting a conditional offer that was very clearly stated as conditional. I should've been more open that I'm busting my ass to make that conditional reschedule work for the weekend anyway. Certainly it's the last time I extend compassion in team tours.

I'd like to apologize to UT for flaming them personally--was immature by me
I get your frustration in having to wait for an opponent who wasn't going to be able to make it, but from what I understand based on the scheduling and the discussion between the managers, the timeline is:

> Game gets scheduled
> Velvet asks to reschedule for 1.25h later than the scheduled time a couple of hours beforehand + explained that their phone = low battery
> You ask to reschedule (based on the smog wall, it didn't appear that you were strapped for time and you didn't specify until the post I'm currently replying to that Saturday/Sunday aren't really convenient for you)
> velvet didn't respond right away (presumably because her phone is either dead by now or she saw you offer to reschedule and wasn't in a hurry to respond since there was no urgency to it in context)
> 5m later, you state that if there's no indication by 5 45 you're going under the assumption that the game is today, but also that you don't mind Sat/Sun
> velv doesn't reply (possibly bc her phone is dead by this point)
> Within 20 minutes, you essentially try to call ACT

With all of that said, we don't feel an ACT win would be appropriate here. velvet made it clear that she wasn't going to be able to give a quick response pretty early on (the thing w/ the low battery), so (even if that wasn't your intention), this just looks like you offered to reschedule and then changed your mind without giving ample time to respond to it. Ideally, you and velvet should reschedule to a time that works best for the both. If that still doesn't work out, then your managers can work out whether or not subbing is the right play.

Chris32156

The White Larry Bird
is a Tiering Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)