Tournament OMPL X - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead

Art by Kiwi
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs | Finals
Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 4 subs. The players are bought using the 120k credits that managers receive during the auction. Managers and co-managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team at a fixed price of 20k. The managers must inform the hosts (Isaiah, UT) of all self purchases before the beginning of the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Godly Gift
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
  7. SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
  8. SS Anything Goes
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​
Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager, and each manager will also pick one metagame to strike. Additionally, each manager will submit a backup meta to strike in case their choice is the same as the opposing team's pick. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts from the remaining unpicked, unstruck metagames. In the event that the picks and strikes from each manager are the same, the hosts will determine both the second and third format at random based on the remaining options. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.​

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.​

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions will be final, so draft carefully!​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 vs bo7 for 2v2)!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, it will be a deadgame. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Isaiah, UT). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.​

Matchups

:Wigglytuff:The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Osake) - [3][5] - The Hammered Hawluchas (astralydia and Dr. Phd. BJ) :hawlucha:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Blanched vs Vrji
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs astralydia
SS Anything Goes: Seldanna vs baconeatinassassin
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech
SS Godly Gift: Eli vs Dr. Phd. BJ
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs iapt
SS NFE: tlenit vs jonfilch
SS STABmons: Fc vs PA

:spinda: The Spinda Wheels (xavgb and in the hills) - [4][4] - The Malding Mavericks (Morgan and IBM) :ponyta:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): London13 vs Chris32156
SS Almost Any Ability: shiloh vs luisin
SS Anything Goes: Skarph vs BasedWhat?
SS Balanced Hackmons: xavgb vs quojova
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs crying
SS Mix and Mega: ez vs TectonicDestroyer
SS NFE: TJ vs ojr
SS STABmons: FlamingVictini vs Byleth

:tyrantrum: The Temper Tyrantrums (OM and drampa's grandpa) - [5][3] - The Honey Linoones (aesf and Catalystic) :linoone:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Potatochan vs Adam3560
SS Almost Any Ability: PandaDoux vs pdt
SS Anything Goes: WSun1 vs Trade
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nihilslave vs Career Ended
SS Godly Gift: Mossy Sandwich vs Jrdn
SS Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs Andyboy
SS NFE: Stareal vs mncmt
SS STABmons: Ren vs Sylveon.

:lopunny: The Larping Lopunnys (adem and DerpyBoi) - [4][4] - The Uh Oh Kommo-os (XxSevagxX and willdbeast) :kommo-o:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Mubs vs Reece
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs avyrie
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Nevelle
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs a loser
SS Godly Gift: Instruct vs Lily
SS Mix and Mega: Jordy vs Farce Of The Death
SS NFE: King Leo V vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs LBDC

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on April 10th, 2022

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): london13 vs Chris32156
SS Anything Goes: skarph vs BasedWhat?
SS NFE: tj vs ojr
SS STABmons: FlamingVictini vs byleth

SS Anything Goes: wsun1 vs Trade
SS Godly Gift: mossy sandwich vs jrdn
SS Mix and Mega: quantum tesseract vs andyboy
SS NFE: stareal vs mncmt
SS STABmons: ren vs Sylveon.

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): mubs vs Reece
SS Almost Any Ability: the number man vs avyrie
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs nevelle
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs a loser
SS Godly Gift: instruct vs lily
SS Mix and Mega: jordy vs Farce of the Death
SS NFE: king leo v vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs LBDC

if the player tags don't work I will probably rage quit

Last edited:
wiggly 5-3 luchas

spinda 3-5 horse
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): london13 vs Chris32156
SS Anything Goes: Skarph vs BasedWhat?
SS NFE: TJ vs ojr

tyrantrums 4-4 linoones
SS Anything Goes: WSun1 vs Trade
SS Godly Gift: Mossy Sandwich vs jrdn
SS Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs andyboy
SS NFE: stareal vs mncmt
SS STABmons: Ren vs Sylveon.

The Number Man same six me

PREDICTIONS:

:Wigglytuff:The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Osake) - [4][3] - The Hammered Hawluchas (astralydia and Dr. Phd. BJ) :hawlucha:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Blanched vs Vrji - Idk this guys name gives me the vibes of a winner.
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs astralydia -MZ is good player and probably has good French support.
SS Anything Goes: Seldanna vs baconeatinassassin - Certified goat of AG?
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech - MAMP way too goated to lose here.
SS Godly Gift: Eli vs Dr. Phd. BJ Won grand slam recently, soo...
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs iapt - No Idea honestly.
SS NFE: tlenit vs jonfilch - Shouldn't be hard for leni if he just shows up and plays.
SS STABmons: Fc vs PA - Fc is a better player and French Support.

:spinda: The Spinda Wheels (xavgb and in the hills) - [4][4] - The Malding Mavericks (Morgan and IBM) :ponyta:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): London13 vs Chris32156 -I don't know shit about 2v2 but London is good.
SS Almost Any Ability: shiloh vs luisin - Rozes is insanely good.
SS Anything Goes: Skarph vs BasedWhat? -Predicting Skarph against everyone in the pool.
SS Balanced Hackmons: xavgb vs quojova - XAVGB.
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs crying - crying will probably prep better.
SS Mix and Mega: ez vs TectonicDestroyer -Tryharding points.
SS NFE: TJ vs ojr - expecting ojr is prep better and hence win.
SS STABmons: FlamingVictini vs Byleth - Going to put more effort and expecting that to help here too.

Although I ended up with 4-4, don't expect all 4 predicts I made based on better prep to come to fruition so Spindas will win 5-3.

:tyrantrum: The Temper Tyrantrums (OM and drampa's grandpa) - [3][5] - The Honey Linoones (aesf and Catalystic) :linoone:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Potatochan vs Adam3560 - I know potatochan.
SS Almost Any Ability: PandaDoux vs pdt PDT is love :blobnom:
SS Anything Goes: WSun1 vs Trade Trade is goated, WSun is also good builder, but expecting trade to come on top.
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nihilslave vs Career Ended - Don't know who Career ended is, sorry :(
SS Godly Gift: Mossy Sandwich vs Jrdn Even if he sleeps for a decade and comes back, I'm predicting him.
SS Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs Andyboy - Well QT is a fucking goat who's sample made me win Tours room mnm tours but expecting andy to try hard cause of team synergy and if it happens, Slight edge to andy.
SS NFE: Stareal vs mncmt - Stareal has no support but still has more nfe experience which can help. But simbo's building support can tilt it here.
SS STABmons: Ren vs Sylveon. - Ren is good but it's GEERAT.

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
SS STABmons: FlamingVictini vs byleth
instruct and byleth are the only players i've seen play omms. this concludes my perdictions

edit: i forgot about byleth

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
time that of the month, my mood is all over the place, back with another predict

:Wigglytuff:The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Osake) - [0][0] - The Hammered Hawluchas (astralydia and Dr. Phd. BJ) :hawlucha:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Blanched vs Vrji - idk them
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs astralydia - mz is a much better piloter but chazm with the better meta knowledge and most likely better team will take this.
SS Anything Goes: Seldanna vs baconeatinassassin - 2 solid players but it i think bacon is just a level above zay
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech - mamp not really that good of a pilot, so im giving this to ttt
SS Godly Gift: Eli vs Dr. Phd. BJ - he won omgs so imma probably give him the edge
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs iapt - dont really know either
SS NFE: tlenit vs jonfilch - heat mu, will just come down on slight mu advantages
SS STABmons: Fc vs PA - i think pa edges out fc as far as piloting and builds go, but only by a small margin, can go either way

:spinda: The Spinda Wheels (xavgb and in the hills) - [0][0] - The Malding Mavericks (Morgan and IBM) :ponyta:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): London13 vs Chris32156 - idk them
SS Anything Goes: Skarph vs BasedWhat? - goat vs where is my hooh check. most people would sleep on this mu and call it a 100-0 but basedwhat is a capable player and with a good mu, he can convert for sure. given that tho i think skarph is just levels above in ag.
SS Mix and Mega: ez vs TectonicDestroyer - pretty sure i played ez in a ladder game today and i insulted them after i took an L. solid piloter but the lack of meta knowledge will hurt a lot. i assume tho he will pick it up fast and with a stresh team should take the win here ez
SS NFE: TJ vs ojr - heat mu again but tj

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Potatochan vs Adam3560 - idk them
SS Almost Any Ability: PandaDoux vs pdt - my goat
SS Anything Goes: WSun1 vs Trade - another heat mu, both pilot excellently, but wsun will come with the better team and edge out trade.
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nihilslave vs Career Ended - idk them
SS Godly Gift: Mossy Sandwich vs Jrdn - goat of aaa
SS Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs Andyboy - most heat mu for this week. andy is levels above qt as far as piloting goes but qt just builds much better teams as far as i can tell in ss. age old mu of builder vs piloter. given that tho, andy with some support from people can get the builder problem fixed and just win
SS NFE: Stareal vs mncmt - heat mu but stareal will probably win cause mnc will just choke away by clicking
SS STABmons: Ren vs Sylveon. - sorry ren

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Mubs vs Reece - idk them
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs avyrie - goat
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Nevelle - hm, i think loti is just far above in every department
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs a loser - idk them
SS Godly Gift: Instruct vs Lily - idk them
SS Mix and Mega: Jordy vs Zesty43 - hmmmm, zesty is my boy but jordy is just a heat player in mnm
SS NFE: King Leo V vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - leo never losses in ompl
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs LBDC - how is pannu starting lol

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
time that of the month, my mood is all over the place, back with another predict

:Wigglytuff:The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Osake) - [0][0] - The Hammered Hawluchas (astralydia and Dr. Phd. BJ) :hawlucha:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Blanched vs Vrji - idk them
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs astralydia - mz is a much better piloter but chazm with the better meta knowledge and most likely better team will take this.
SS Anything Goes: Seldanna vs baconeatinassassin - 2 solid players but it i think bacon is just a level above zay
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech - mamp not really that good of a pilot, so im giving this to ttt
SS Godly Gift: Eli vs Dr. Phd. BJ - he won omgs so imma probably give him the edge
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs iapt - dont really know either
SS NFE: tlenit vs jonfilch - heat mu, will just come down on slight mu advantages
SS STABmons: Fc vs PA - i think pa edges out fc as far as piloting and builds go, but only by a small margin, can go either way

:spinda: The Spinda Wheels (xavgb and in the hills) - [0][0] - The Malding Mavericks (Morgan and IBM) :ponyta:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): London13 vs Chris32156 - idk them
SS Anything Goes: Skarph vs BasedWhat? - goat vs where is my hooh check. most people would sleep on this mu and call it a 100-0 but basedwhat is a capable player and with a good mu, he can convert for sure. given that tho i think skarph is just levels above in ag.
SS Mix and Mega: ez vs TectonicDestroyer - pretty sure i played ez in a ladder game today and i insulted them after i took an L. solid piloter but the lack of meta knowledge will hurt a lot. i assume tho he will pick it up fast and with a stresh team should take the win here ez
SS NFE: TJ vs ojr - heat mu again but tj

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Potatochan vs Adam3560 - idk them
SS Almost Any Ability: PandaDoux vs pdt - my goat
SS Anything Goes: WSun1 vs Trade - another heat mu, both pilot excellently, but wsun will come with the better team and edge out trade.
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nihilslave vs Career Ended - idk them
SS Godly Gift: Mossy Sandwich vs Jrdn - goat of aaa
SS Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs Andyboy - most heat mu for this week. andy is levels above qt as far as piloting goes but qt just builds much better teams as far as i can tell in ss. age old mu of builder vs piloter. given that tho, andy with some support from people can get the builder problem fixed and just win
SS NFE: Stareal vs mncmt - heat mu but stareal will probably win cause mnc will just choke away by clicking
SS STABmons: Ren vs Sylveon. - sorry ren

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Mubs vs Reece - idk them
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs avyrie - goat
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Nevelle - hm, i think loti is just far above in every department
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs a loser - idk them
SS Godly Gift: Instruct vs Lily - idk them
SS Mix and Mega: Jordy vs Zesty43 - hmmmm, zesty is my boy but jordy is just a heat player in mnm
SS NFE: King Leo V vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - leo never losses in ompl
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs LBDC - how is pannu starting lol
ratio + SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Nevelle

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
biased predicts
Tyrantrums 6-0 RAWR

Highlight matches:
If you look carefully these are all metas I'm at least somewhat interested in so don't get too upset if you're not here :3
Quantum Tesseract v Andyboy - This is Andyboy's first match back, so we get to see how much his rust matters. Before getting rusty however Andy was known as a titan among Mix and Mega players, one of the best ever to grace the metagame. In most matchups I'd give him the edge but a) RAWR and b) this is Quantum Tesseract, who is top tier by anyone's standards, and regularly went for the most in moccs for a reason. QT is an obscenely good player who has kept up with the meta. This is likely to be one of the best Mix and Mega matchups all season.

FlamingVictini v Byleth - FlamingVictini is a superb player, primarily known outside the OM community. As they have the support they need to regularly bring top teams to the table in both in the hills and xavgstresh I would consider them one of the strongest STABmons slots in this tour. Byleth is also a top tier STABmons slot, and I would consider them one of the best self-supporting STABmons slots that was available in the draft, but with a lower ceiling for performance than fv.

MZ v astralydia - MZ and lydia are both excellent players who have performed very well in the past. Lydia has definitely kept up with OMs better recently, to the point of being one of the most knowledgeable people about the shape of metas in general, but MZ is probably the better overall player. I can definitely see this going either way depending on how well acquainted with the meta MZ manages to get and how much the support he has comes through.

Other people v other people - I had some others in mind but now I'm done writing this because I'm tired and lazy

Last edited:
So my lineups were, overall, ~59% accurate to what endedup happening. There's still room for that to improve - for instance, some of the differences might be due to week 1 availability or ending up swapping to what I suspected, but either way, it could be better. My power ranking might also end up raising the percentage a little, but that paying off is a ways off. Thus to increase my average prediction, let's guess some matches:

The Wiggly Family - [3.5][4.5] - The Hammered Hawluchas
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Blanched vs Vrji Vrji isn't a bad player by any means,but it's hard to bet against blanched here
SS Almost Any Ability: MZ vs astralydia As much respect as I have for Lydia as a player, MZ has the best OMPL IX AAA record of anyone in the tour and this time actually has someone else on his team to give support in AAA, so they have the potential to go very far. This match is definitely a highlight to watch.
SS Anything Goes: Seldanna vs baconeatinassassin It's really hard to bet against bacon in AG
SS Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs TTTech I'm going to be honest, I don't know how to call this one. Mamp's builds are often pretty arbitrary, and you've gotta roll the dice about whether his core mons can actually do anything. TTTech's builds, while generally somewhat linear and passive, are typically pretty solid. I think as a clicker Mamp has enough of an edge to bring this back to par, but it could go either way.
SS Godly Gift: Eli vs Dr. Phd. BJ It was a bit questionable to me if Dr Phd BJ was worth the 20k manager price, but there's no denying he's very skilled, and he's up against one of the Wigglies' weaker slots. Unfortunately, [22:46] +Quantum Tesseract: whyd you have to start now I havent finished predicting you to win
SS Mix and Mega: damflame 3 vs iapt in terms of player skill, this could go either way, but iapt is on a team with Lydia and damflame is doing this solo.
SS NFE: tlenit vs jonfilch Tlenit is Tlenit, and they've got support from 85% as well.
SS STABmons: Fc vs PA Once again a very solid match that I think tilts towards PA due to support from their team

The Spinda Wheels - [5.5][2.5] - The Malding Mavericks
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): london13 vs Chris32156 As a player, I rate london here, but chris has more and more reliable support. In future weeks I'll have a better idea of how to quantify that, but for the moment I'll have to leave an unconfident guess on Chris
SS Almost Any Ability: shiloh vs luisin Shiloh is a crazy AAA player, and has support from AAA goat flamingvictini as well as stresh I guess
SS Anything Goes: skarph vs BasedWhat? No contest
SS Balanced Hackmons: xavgb vs quojova Quojova is good but stresh earned their rep last OMPL
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs crying I don't follow godly gift as much as most of the others, not sure who's got the edge here
SS Mix and Mega: ez vs TectonicDestroyer Someone who doesn't play MnM, vs someone who doesn't play MnM well. If beauts works their ass off and tect doesn't go ignore the team last minute, this could be a W, but I have no faith and will predict EZ.
SS NFE: tj vs ojr
SS STABmons: FlamingVictini vs byleth FlamingVictini is an inarguable goat but it's hard to bet against byleth in stabmons.

The Larping Lopunnys - [5][3] - The Uh Oh Kommo-os
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): mubs vs Reece I cannot bet against mubs, sorry
SS Almost Any Ability: the number man vs avyrie TNM might not be the best in the pool, but they're still a scary AAA player to come up against. Poor luck for avyrie to get them w1 before they can get into the swing of things
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs nevelle Vivillons represent
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs a loser This is the best BH match this week since it's between two people who's building skills I extremely rate. I'm going to bet on A loser just because having 6 BH players on your team has to be good for something but city could very well pull it off
SS Mix and Mega: jordy vs Zesty43 Zesty is hella rusty and has no support to help unrust
SS NFE: king leo v vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d King
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs LBDC Pannu isn't bad but it's hard to bet against LBDC

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Awesome predicts made by the best OM Player (left OMGS to let TNM win) and best Manager, Osake :

Note that I have no idea of the 2v2 and AG pool atm, so my predicts are either based on names or PRs. Will adapt this in the incoming weeks

:spinda: The Spinda Wheels (xavgb and in the hills) - [4,5][3,5] - The Malding Mavericks (Morgan and IBM) :ponyta:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): London13 vs Chris32156 32/156 < 13, ez
SS Almost Any Ability: shiloh vs luisin stresh support + shiloh skill is like pretty strong
SS Anything Goes: Skarph vs BasedWhat? they are fast
SS Balanced Hackmons: xavgb vs quojova I mean I don't know how much stresh will grab the meta but if they are as strong as last year only top cityscapes can defeat him imo
SS Godly Gift: TPP vs crying Two players that haven't play much GG afaik, I don't really know who's their support is gonna be. Since GG is somewhat based on OU mechanics, I'll give the edge to TPP for their experience
SS Mix and Mega: ez vs TectonicDestroyer not that I think that ez is bad but if tect wants to save the rest of honour he has he shouldn't lose this (build good teams instead of cancering your team bro)
SS NFE: TJ vs ojr that will be a close battle but I like ojr and I think they'll win here, good luck !!
SS STABmons: FlamingVictini vs Byleth if STABmons isn't the harder meta to understand I think Byleth experience will make the difference here

If Redflix plays that is a 100% lose week for Malding Mavericks tho, bench him all the tour pls
It's kinda hard to predict Spindas Week 1, because it'll depends a lot on how their tour players will adapt to the respective metas, and it can go either way, or a massive stomp 7-1 or a total flop, we'll see in the next weeks !

:tyrantrum: The Temper Tyrantrums (OM and drampa's grandpa) - [6][2] - The Honey Linoones (aesf and Catalystic) :linoone:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Potatochan vs Adam3560 Why does all 2v2 players have numbers in their name omg
SS Almost Any Ability: PandaDoux vs pdt pdt is certainly good but I don't see Panda losing here, esp for their first OMPL game (I think?), gl
SS Anything Goes: WSun1 vs Trade they won NDAG Open, they'll win SS AG, same tier...
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nihilslave vs Career Ended I'm pretty excited to see Nihilslave play ! It must be frightening to play against someone that can literraly end your career tho lol
SS Godly Gift: Mossy Sandwich vs Jrdn ik Jrdn is probably better overall but idk I have a feeling. Good luck Mossy Sandwich !
SS Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs Andyboy even with prime Andyboy this would be a close game, and since Andy is returning I'll bold QT here. If this was happening week 5 or something that would be different
SS NFE: Stareal vs mncmt more experienced + PandaDoux support
SS STABmons: Ren vs Sylveon. If I ever bold against geerat during this OMPL I'm leaving OMs (I hope I'll not forget this LOL)

biased predicts
Tyrantrums 6-0 RAWR
Quickly reminder to Drampa that there are 8 tiers now :D
However 6-2 is perfectly fine :d
This will heavily relies on how Jrdn/Andy/geerat adapt themselves to new metas, kinda the same as for Spindas but aesf support will be really huge for them

:lopunny: The Larping Lopunnys (adem and DerpyBoi) - [6][2] - The Uh Oh Kommo-os (XxSevagxX and willdbeast) :kommo-o:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Mubs vs Reece no numbers !!
SS Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs avyrie sorry avyrie. was nice to know you
SS Anything Goes: lotiasite vs Nevelle uhhnn idk lol
SS Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs a loser let's enjoy 8 BH players losing to cityscapes alone
SS Godly Gift: Instruct vs Lily Lily + support would have been different but idk who will help her here lol
SS Mix and Mega: Jordy vs Zesty43 more experience imo
SS NFE: King Leo V vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d KING LEO
SS STABmons: pannuracotta vs LBDC si tu perds je vais pas te rater sale taunteur de pacotille

I'm ngl, Sinnoh/loser is solid, LBDC can either perform really well or really bad (see last tour in STABs), but the rest of the team is kinda shaky and I don't really see how they can win more than 4 tiers in a week (and when we gonna lose against them ik ik)

Good luck to everyone, enjoy this week and this OMPL ! Love on y'all except Siamato :heart: :heart:

(I will maybe do AAA reviews if no one does it and if I'm not too lazy, I'll see)

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
a loser's OMPL BH Preview
Metagame Observations
Not much has changed in BH since the last OMPL ended, as far as rules go. Court Change and Sleep moves got banned but nothing else really major has happened since those changes. The playstyle that was seen late in OMPL IX (which was fresh off the Rusted Sword ban) has led directly into the current metagame that is ruled by Regigigas, Xerneas, paralysis, and some fat and/or powerful Dragon-types. While this playstyle can lead to some longer games, there is still plenty of room for faster-paced styles of offense that won't drag out as long as viewers fear.

Upcoming Matches
MAMP vs TTTech - this is an interesting matchup between two players I haven't personally seen battle each other. I think this one comes down to whether or not MAMP's offensive core is able to penetrate whatever variation of TTTech's defensive core is brought. If it can't, this will get long and ugly. I am interested to see what TTTech's build looks like with astralydia support.

xavgb vs quojova - "retired from OMs" stresh vs team-borrowing quojova. I can only assume here that xavgb cooks up something solid and balanced as usual but I have no idea what to expect from quojova at this point. Support from beauts and Redflix is interesting here and I'm ready to see what they come up with.

Nihilslave vs Career Ended - two players making their OMPL debut here and it should be fun to watch. Nihilslave has experienced teammates like QT and Ren to work with but I'd be curious to see how Nihilslave does in a team environment when it comes to building. Career Ended looks to be going it alone in BH, which is tough to do but he seems capable of doing it based on what I've seen. This could really go either way.

cityscapes vs a loser -
1649277407177.png
a motivated cityscapes is a scary thing. This happened after beating them in the BH Open recently and I'm intrigued yet terrified at what they might bring. Should be fun though! It's also happening in less than 30 minutes so be sure to tune in.

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Schedule W1 Wiggly Family vs Hammered Hawluchas : (GMT=0)

2v2 Blanched vs Vrji : Sunday 9 PM
AAA MZ vs astralydia : Saturday 1 PM
AG Seldanna vs baconeatinassassin : Sunday 1 PM, maybe earlier
BH MAMP vs TTTech : Saturday 3 AM
GG Eli vs Dr. Phd. BJ : [NO JOHN] (DONE)
MnM damflame 3 vs iapt : Sunday 6:30 PM
NFE tlenit vs jonfilch : Sunday Afternoon/Evening
STABmons Fc vs PA : Thursday 10 PM (DONE)

doing this for Americans since they can't schedule properly...
(I will update if I can be more precise)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)