Tournament OMPL VII - Playoffs & TieBreaker

Rough to go out like this especially when I was one of the ppl to lose a crucial game. Sorry team but it was still an enjoyable run. It was a pleasure playing with you guys. All of you guys were awesome and supportive. Thanks for the enjoyable run team!!! GL to those who made it to the finals!

hey can you update the post
the current stats are here:

Honchkrows [0] VS [5] Klinks

PurpleGatorade vs GRNBLN
rozes vs motherlove
sugarhigh vs GL Volkner
Catalystic vs Chazm
aesf vs Plas
TJ vs a fruitshop owner

Jolteons [2] VS [3] Tyrantrums

Skarph vs Zenithial
Racool vs itsKimbo
HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs jasprose
maroon vs TectonicDestroyer
w0rd vs Official Fissure
EviGaro vs 5gen

Last edited:
drew the first match vs good pal and aaa ladder buddy kimbo: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-961800754
and won the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-962194760
sorry bout the unfort mu second game, and ppl in general need to put more respect on kimbos name ngl, dudes record does NOT reflect how good he is, just been screwed over my my consistently this tour ngl solid player in a stacked aaa field who just couldn't get even a fairly even mu to save his life :/

unfort im tapping out for the tour, I got faith tho, go jolteons!!

Also as this is my last post of ompl probs, might as well do s/o's, id make them more detailed but I really cba with typing out an essay when I got so much irl work to do. Thanks Snaquaza and E4 Flint for being great hosts, all in all im glad I came back, although I burned out really quick ngl, im no longer cut out for these long tours :P

Ransei snow - thanks for drafting me, v proud to have only represented jolteons in OMPLs, and im glad that u guys put so much faith in me, even if I think u were crazy for doing so at the auction, I wouldn't have paid more than 7/8k for me. Im glad I was able to actually deliver on a price tag for once, and finish with a result that wasnt 3-2 or 3-3 which I always seem to end up with.
@ everyone else on our team (except chait) - sorry getting lazy now but y'all are great, pretty massive range of personalities, but it somehow worked pretty damn well. PR's did us dirty but we proved everyone wrong woo.

id tag other friends but I don't have a badge so I think I can't really mass tag so uh... @ om frends (you know who you are hopefully, if not w/e), @ tourgoons, s/o for being part of the reason I did decide to temporarily un-retire, y'all are cool
Chaitanya - dude I keep coming out of retirement for a fun throwback tour only to always end up on a team with u, leave me alone rat

:jolt:

Last edited:
Jrdn before the draft, I always pictured you as a mysterious guy and wasn't as talkative as the rest of the managers but I can gladly say that I was wrong. You're a great manager with a great mindset towards the game and helped around in almost every tier (best of luck in snake my guy :D)

TheCoastsOfToast Mr. Enthusiastic, Musician, and Model himself. I was glad to be another teamtour with you as you're motivating and gave positive feedback before and after games :bloblul:

Catalystic Owl fanatic himself, you had a rough season but don't beat yourself too hard over it. You were the man of the season for your preparation for every tier and teambuilding. I'm sure you will have the chance to perform in any tier. Hope to team with you in wcoom!

aesf Man you might just be the goat. You beasted almost everyone in STABmons and switched to AAA and smashed that too!! i hope to team with you in the future.

PurpleGatorade Bro this is like the 5th or 6th I've been on a teamtour with you and everytime you come clutch in our series. You had some rough games but that doesn't describe you as a player. You played well in your games and thats all that matters (now lets go win agpl ;) )

rozes you also had a great season as always in AAA. (When we're not clowning cata all the time), you built your teams and showed interest and performed well.

sugarhigh bro you might actually be insane. Before ompl, I knew fuck all about BH but everytime I kept watching you play it, it made me want to pick up on the tier. I was glad to be able to test along with you, and a loser (s/o's to you for being awesome in bh despite the loss). You had some great games all season long regardless of your record. Pleasure to meet you two :)

TJ Thanks for taking over useless rawmelon in zu. You played well and did your best. Thank you for that, you're a cool guy :D

RawMelon
561345160743485440.png

S/o to the other guys who helped us in during playoffs like stresh, finch, lpy, and haylighter during the season

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
meant to write this last week but it's never too late. unfortunately magearnas run was cut short before playoffs, but I still had a great time managing this team.

Funbot28 - you were legitimately the glue that held this team together, we wouldn't have made it nearly as far without your meta knowledge + teambuilding, and you were a great person to chat with and be around

PinkDragonTamer i was iffy about drafting you at first, but you were probably one of the biggest steals of the tournament. As soon as I saw you 6-0 mamp i knew you were a great choice. Keep it up, can't wait for the next tour
SuperSkylake Amazing BH support + great creativity. Definitely looking forward to playing with you again.
Marsopa Trump & Test Rex Another part of our insanely good BH core, you brought a ton of cool builds and creativity into our team chat. Super appreciative of both you and skylake.

Sylveon. AAA GOAT going like 900-1 in back to back ompls isn't easy at all. Super amazing person + incredibly kind and great to hang around.

xavgb I know team tours aren't your thing, but you were an amazing presence in our teamchat and you pulled a solid record in mnm, as well as helping out our BH core and talking in non-mnm chats.

Megazard Unfortunately we couldn't get to finals of this tour, but we definitely performed better here than in snake. GL in the rest
cromagnet42 again, unfortunately our AG wasn't too great this year, but you did a great job of supporting + teambuilding in AG and you were a super cool guy to hang out with.

Cam STAB wasn't too nice to you this year and you ended up losing a ton of games to unfortunate misses. You were a super solid player and a great friend, so I'm glad we ended up drafting you in the end.

LPY This season was just mean to you left and right. Although you didn't have the best record, you were a great presence in the teamchat and I'm glad i got to meet you and team with you. Your meta knowledge was still super impressive, and I'm looking forward to seeing you succeed in ZUPL.

Gmansour20 you don't know how nice someone can be until you team with gman. One of the most kind people i've ever met and ALWAYS doing his best to help the team. Best 3k

some more shoutouts
dibs I hope you find this post more substantial than my last one
TheCoastsOfToast power Chloe OM room drampa's grandpa Ransei Thanks for being good friends and good managers. GL to all of you that are in tiebreaks / finals, and GGs to everyone for the fun matches throughout this season
vivalospride GL both teams! please like my post.
GL Volkner because apparently he doesn't count as a "countless player that i'm friends with in this tour". also because he suggested we draft pdt. goat

To the countless players that I'm friends with in this tour, GGs and GL in future tours. If you weren't on my team this year, hopefully we can team together in the future.

And to the teams in playoffs / finals, good luck to everyone! I'm looking forward to a great finals week and exciting tiebreak matches.

Last edited:

MAHOH

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-963715073
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-963719116

solar beam crit ended g1 abruptly and i brought stall g2, this looks like a pretty shit series and i agree that it wasn't good at all. frankly the game wasn't immediately decided for either side w/o the solar beam crit and it would have gone on how many paras my ogre received and if i could para the waterceus with thunder or eventually chip it enough, gotta love mons. this leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth and im sure zen can agree. ggs out of respect and i look forward to any future series we play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)