Tournament OMPL VII - FINALS [5 STAR JOLTEONS ARE CHAMPIONS!]

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VII
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs -

- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays | Usage Stats | Records -
Commencement Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​
Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion (here, bo3 is by default)

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of "extenuating circumstances" which are unavoidable, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. Moreover, they should generally not be used with a tactical purpose of creating confusion in an opponent's team. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and I find explanations unsatisfactory, I still reserve the right to veto them.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2. A traded player may only feature in the round after they have been traded.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups

klink source
The Five-Star Jolteons
(Ransei & snow) -
[3][3] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs GRNBLN pichus (sub 1)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Chaitanya vs motherlove
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs GL Volkner
USUM Mix and Mega - maroon vs Chazm
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Plas
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs a fruitshop owner
---
~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -12) on September 1st, 2019
--------------------------------------------------
>Tiebreaker<
The Five-Star Jolteons
(Ransei & snow) -
[2][1] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs GRNBLN
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Plas motherlove (sub 1)
~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -12) on September 8th, 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Predictions:

The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei & snow) - [][] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs GRNBLN Come on now
USUM Almost Any Ability - Chaitanya vs motherlove come on now
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs GL Volkner Highlight match! Hiltuw has had a great season, showing that there's plenty of bite in that old brain.
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Plas He is on a tear this season
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs a fruitshop owner I love fruit! My favorite fruit is the mango.
---

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
gl to all the players in finals !_!

The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei & snow) - [2][4] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs GRNBLN -- Skarph has been exceptional all year, and they are coming off a couple of wins vs Zen, and GRNBLN hasn't been too convincing despite the recent success
USUM Almost Any Ability - Chaitanya vs motherlove -- idk how much Chaitanya knows about aaa, but from the only game they played it looked like they used a racool team. I think ml has shaken off the rust from early weeks and should win just based off experience alone
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs GL Volkner -- Anna has somehow cheated death and is still undefeated, and volk has been one of the most consistent bh players since week 3. Should be one of the better matches to watch this week, but I'll take the undefeated person here
USUM Mix and Mega - maroon vs Chazm -- Chazm is one of the best builders in MnM, and for a finals setting I think that's a big deciding factor. I expect chazm to take this one, surprised the game hasn't been played yet tbh
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Plas -- I believe both players are .500 if I'm not mistaken (4-4 and 2-2). I also think word has too much of a tendency to use memes, which could come back to haunt him. I'm also not trying to have the exact same predictions as Skylake top kek
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs a fruitshop owner -- afo is the more experienced zu players and the winner of 5 in a row, and Evi hasn't had the greatest of runs thus far

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)