Not open for further replies.

Amberr

Banned deucer.
Authorized by Ransei
no art

Other Metagames Farm League III

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Playoffs | Finals
Information thread
There are 6 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:

1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Godly Gift
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
  7. SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
  8. SS Anything Goes
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play a different team each week for 5 weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.

Tiebreaker

In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager, and each manager will also pick one metagame to strike. Additionally, each manager will submit a backup meta to strike in case their choice is the same as the opposing team's pick. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts from the remaining unpicked, unstruck metagames. In the event that the picks and strikes from each manager are the same, the hosts will determine both the second and third format at random based on the remaining options. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes

Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
There will be a 1 week period immediately after the draft where trades are Allowed.

Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 vs bo7 for 2v2)!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Farm League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMFL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMFL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups

Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Amberr, DuckeryDoodle). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.

Matchups

:snom: The Snomrades (Eggs)- [3][5] - The Ballin' Barraskewdas (ItsChew. and TTTech) :Barraskewda:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs SiceXV
SS Almost Any Ability: OM vs abriel
SS Anything Goes: SlightlyAngryKevin vs 80 yrs
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs Tanny89k
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs cscl
SS Mix and Mega: crow crumbs vs Clasmia
SS NFE: WMAR vs DuGuo
SS STABmons: Don Vascus vs CelienneileC

:dubwool: The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) - [3][4] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratinas (pannuracotta and Fc) :Giratina:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Sanshokuinsumireko vs lancert
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Osake
SS Anything Goes: zee vs Scholar
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Jqlove
SS Godly Gift: GotCookies vs Pigeons
SS Mix and Mega: Daylight vs Nultiprise
SS NFE: 5Dots vs StitChuu
SS STABmons: Shady Icy vs cy

:donphan: The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece) - [4][4] - The Doja Torracats :torracat: (beauts and Byleth)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Morgan vs Helga146
SS Almost Any Ability: Aggrometaile vs Danny
SS Anything Goes: RTM vs Swastik
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ka1xo vs Dragonillis
SS Godly Gift: jonas vs dex
SS Mix and Mega: DerpyBoi vs adem
SS NFE: IBM vs TylerTheMilotic
SS STABmons: drampa's grandpa vs hidden

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on May 1st, 2022

Last edited:
bh predicts!!!

Nighstar o3o vs Tanny89k - battle of the forum heroes. From what I've seen tanny is just more well-versed at building sound teams. Kevin support will help but I also think Nightstar will need to get more familiar with the common bh interactions to win this

XxSevagxX vs Jqlove - Jqlove is good and might just be the second best bh player in the pool but it's literally sevag

SS Balanced Hackmons: Ka1xo vs Dragonillis - idk either much in bh but I think I've seen dragonillis play the tier before whereas I don't think I've seen Ka1xo

:snom: The Snomrades (Eggs)- [0][0] - The Ballin' Barraskewdas (ItsChew. and TTTech) :Barraskewda:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs SiceXV
SS Almost Any Ability: OM vs abriel
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs Tanny89k
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs cscl
SS Mix and Mega: Tranquility vs Clasmia
SS STABmons: Don Vascus vs CelienneileC

:dubwool: The Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract) - [0][0] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratinas (pannuracotta and Fc) :Giratina:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Sanshokuinsumireko vs lancert
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Osake
SS Anything Goes: zee vs Scholar
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Jqlove
SS Godly Gift: GotCookies vs Pigeons

:donphan: The Distinguished Donphan's (Reece) - [0][0] - The Doja Torracats :torracat: (beauts and Byleth)
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Morgan vs Helga146
SS Almost Any Ability: Aggrometaile vs Danny
SS Anything Goes: RTM vs Swastik
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ka1xo vs Dragonillis
SS Godly Gift: jonas vs dex
SS Mix and Mega: DerpyBoi vs adem
SS NFE: IBM vs TylerTheMilotic
SS STABmons: drampa's grandpa vs hidden

BH Predicts:

Snomrads vs. Ballin Barraskewdas
Nighstar o3o vs Tanny89k: Not sure who Nighstar is so they can definetely suprise us, but I do know Tanny89k is someone who frequents the BH ladder and has TTTech + Chew support so going to give them the MU here.

The Distinguished Donphan's vs. The Doja Torracats
Ka1xo vs Dragonillis: Reece does have access to our BH channel to pass teams, but I'm not sure how else Ka1xo will get support. I haven't heard of them either, so they can always surprise us. Dragonillis on the other hand I know does enjoy building and playing BH as well as being a very established OM player, so just going off of that, I'm going to give him the advantage.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Not so serious Perdictions!!
The Snomrades - [5/6][3/2] - The Ballin' Barraskewdas

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs SiceXV - I dont know anything about 2v2
SS Almost Any Ability: OM vs abriel - Honestly this was kinda a toss up to me and I have heard of OM before
SS Anything Goes: SlightlyAngryKevin vs 80 yrs - Heard that 80yrs knows what they are doing
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs Tanny89k - Heard good things about Tanny
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs cscl - Don't know anything about cscl and Wes has UT support
SS Mix and Mega: Crowcrumbs vs Clasmia - Clastia is pretty good at MnM
SS NFE: WMAR vs DuGuo - WMAR players NFE and is a solid player
SS STABmons: Don Vascus vs CelienneileC - Don is pretty cool

The Dubwool Entendres - [4/5][4/3] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratinas

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Sanshokuinsumireko vs lancert - I dont know anything about 2v2
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Osake - Osake is good
SS Anything Goes: zee vs Scholar - Zee is really cool
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Jqlove - Sevag is sevag
SS Godly Gift: GotCookies vs Pigeons - I hate Pigeons and refuse to pick against him
SS Mix and Mega: Daylight vs Nultiprise - Daylight had a really cool rmt
SS NFE: 5Dots vs StitChuu - Honestly this was kinda a toss up to me and I think StitChuu is good at NFE
SS STABmons: Shady Icy vs cy - Shady Icy is very nice, sadly i dont think this translates to STAB skill

The Distinguished Donphan's - [5][3] - The Doja Torracats

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Morgan vs Helga146 - Morgan is apparently good at 2v2
SS Almost Any Ability: Aggrometaile vs Danny - Aggro is a decent all around player
SS Anything Goes: RTM vs Swastik - Amber was very surprised at how low Swastik went for, they are apparently a gamer
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ka1xo vs Dragonillis - Drago is apparently good at BJ
SS Godly Gift: jonas vs dex - Dex is apparently a pretty good player
SS Mix and Mega: DerpyBoi vs adem - Derpyboi is good and he is vs a known bad player such as adem
SS NFE: IBM vs TylerTheMilotic - Tyler is apparently a solid NFE pick
SS STABmons: drampa's grandpa vs hidden - onestly this was kinda a toss up to me and I have heard of grandpa before

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
The Dubwool Entendres [5][3] The Goblin-Sighting-Giratinas
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Sanshokuinsumireko vs lancert - Going with lance because he did well in try outs
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Osake - Osake never bolds me. Gettem hera
SS Anything Goes: zee vs Scholar - coinflip
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Jqlove - Sev has Xx in his name, kinda cringe if you ask me. However, they're a TL and the best player in the pool
SS Godly Gift: GotCookies vs Pigeons - Best GG player in the pool and they're named after a bird
SS Mix and Mega: Daylight vs Nultiprise - Has access to QT teams
SS NFE: 5Dots vs StitChuu - Going with Stitch because dots doesn't have 5 dots in their name
SS STABmons: Shady Icy vs cy - QT wanted em, they gotta be at least decent + got QT support

The Distinguished Donphan's [1/2][7/6] The Doja Torracats
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Morgan vs Helga146 - I heard they're good in 2v2 and their name reminds me of morogrim
SS Almost Any Ability: Aggrometaile vs Danny - Has beauts and byl support, but I believe aggrom can pull through with good plays
SS Anything Goes: RTM vs Swastik - Heard they're an ag main and that they're one of the best in the pool
SS Balanced Hackmons: Ka1xo vs Dragonillis - Dragon plays bh sometimes and they're pretty decent
SS Godly Gift: jonas vs dex - Has byl support
SS Mix and Mega: DerpyBoi vs adem - could go either way tbh
SS NFE: IBM vs TylerTheMilotic - Has the support of beauts, the NFE try hard
SS STABmons: drampa's grandpa vs hidden - I wanna bold my grandpa, but byleth support is busted in stab

Don't come after me pwease

Nihilslave's BH Predicts:

Nighstar o3o vs Tanny89k
Nighstar is an interesting guy to me. They recently posts a lot and builds a lot in the main thread. I dislike most of them but there do be some good ones. They have SlightlyAngryKevin the stall builder as support who is strong in this pool. But you know I hate stall and I think every stall team is outclassed by a certain offense / balance team. Meanwhile Tanny89k is capable of building some solid balance, but I'm curious how they will build in a tour. Tbh this one is very exciting to watch and can go either way. I'm bolding Tanny89k here just because I'm more fond of their building style.
Edit: go away tttech, just let the new players play by themselves

XxSevagxX vs Jqlove
I know who everyone else would bold between them so I don't bother to repeat. QT is a good support, but not good enough to make up sevag's unawareness of gameplaying and ignorance about teambuilding. Also sevag has some "XxxX" in his name which I can't really feel but I guess is funny in your culture. And it makes Jqlove call him "xx" instead of "sevag" every time we talk. Jqlove, on the other hand, is relatively new to official BH tours cause his inability to schedule. But he's a good builder and player to me and I believe he has the strength to overcome this tough matchup.

Ka1xo vs Dragonillis
I don't know much about Dragonillis and I literally know nothing about Ka1xo. Perhaps Ka1xo is good, but I don't think their team has experienced BH player as support so I'm bolding Dragonillis here.

Edit: WMAR vs DuGuo
you can always believe duguo. yeah.

Last edited:
UN-phans your Don.png

now the best part is over with, predicts

The Snomrades - [2.5][5.5] - The Ballin' Barraskewdas

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs SiceXV - already have first blood but probably would have bolded anyways
SS Almost Any Ability: OM vs abriel - OM has great knowledge and building, in this specific format which could give an edge here with two similar battlling abilities
SS Balanced Hackmons: Nighstar o3o vs Tanny89k - they have pretty good support and i'm not too sure about Nightstar
SS Godly Gift: Wes8888 vs cscl - this can probably go both ways tbf
SS Mix and Mega: Crowcrumbs vs Clasmia - Clasmia is goated
SS STABmons: Don Vascus vs CelienneileC - will be a close game

The Dubwool Entendres - [4][4] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratinas

SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Sanshokuinsumireko vs lancert - Lancer is great in this pool if they don't tilt
SS Almost Any Ability: Heracross2.0 vs Osake - Osake is the goat
SS Anything Goes: zee vs Scholar - will be a fun watch
SS Balanced Hackmons: XxSevagxX vs Jqlove - yeah
SS Godly Gift: GotCookies vs Pigeons - goat pigeons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)