Tournament OMFL III - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot(628).png

Hello, today I will show you something :
How to win vs The Ballin' Barraskewdas ?
Remember this ? :blobwizard:

Screenshot(624).png
Screenshot(625).png
This tutorial works wighappy.png

See you next week for the next tuto !

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1594233509-5uwxz2m5all4akcc1cd9cz93pr82f3npw G1 Rip the fish idea
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1594242515-5h6suvngkx88hgh2syz3kk3n14to6pupw G2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1594251313-ivl08jrw1rikl3f8wxh9gagt4ayo19lpw G3

Won in 3 vs Tanny89k for the 3rd week in a row, let's go Torracat !
wigdeter.png

Last edited:

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
Since there isn't a post omfl thread, I'll just post this here. Ballers are out of omfl, but I still believe we performed well overall. Time for my shoutouts

ItsChew. I'll save my shoutouts for you until after ompl cutie

SiceXV Hugo47850 didn't interact with you guys as much since I knew nothing about 2v2, but y'all shredded the regular season in the 2v2 slot. Was nice interacting with you guys whenever I had the chance

abriel was nice being able to manage the team you were on because I'd hear a lot about you, but never talked to you. Loved you're aaa builds and you put in a lot of effort, stay up king

80 yrs never talked with each other, but you were a great ag player for the team and would def draft you everytime

Satanic Beast same thing as 80yrs, was nice knowing we had another reliable ag player in case 80 couldn't play. Sorry I couldn't give you more play time

Tanny89k tanny my man... I know you had it rough in the bh slot, but I believe this is only a stepping stone for you to improve so I look forward to seeing what you can do in bh

cscl you were definitely the right pick for our gg slot and you didn't disappoint, was cool seeing you build and play in action

Clasmia ah yes... The majestic clas. Was nice getting to manage for you and see you destroy people in the mnm pool and mostly your memes. One day I'll be popular like you

Shing'n Streets our knight in shining armor, best 24k well spent. Literal nfe and mnm goat, you put in so much work for the team. Was nice being able to manage a team with you on it, you continue being a king fam

DuGuo really nice interacting with you throughout the entirety of the tour, hope to see more of you in tours

CelienneileC know you had it rough in the stab spot, but I still believe you performed well. You'll only get better from here, trust

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ you were great moral support for the team even when you weren't playing by providing test if needed. Cool stab builds as well

Mr.Bossaru continue being a boss

Overall, I hope everyone on the team was able to gain team tour experience and most importantly have fun. Even if we're out, you're all still ballers and ballers do in fact be ballin'. Cya next omfl if get to manage for it again :barraskewda:

Last edited:

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm sorry to see that we finally went out of omfl, but I believe we are the best. Here are my shoutouts.

ItsChew. TTTech Thank you for drafted me. I am sorry that I am not so active in the whole tour, but you still give me so much trust. I will work harder next time: >

Shing'n Streets My God. Thank you for your support in the past six weeks, although I almost screwed up everything: > Next time I want to be a teammate with you, I want to play life orb Abra!

SiceXV Hugo47850 abriel Clasmia 80 yrs Satanic Beast You are the best goat, although I don't pay special attention to your game for various reasons: >

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ Mr.Bossaru You're all better than me lol, plz free maybca and mr.bossaru.

CelienneileC Tanny89k You are still great, believe me, I hope to see you better next time.

cscl 听我说 谢谢你 因为有你 温暖了四季

In a word, I'm sorry for my poor performance in the whole game. I enjoy playing with everyone! Let's see you next time.

edit: Nihilslave I LOVE U.

Last edited:

Hugo

Rain Main (+1 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
SiceXV Hugo47850 didn't interact with you guys as much since I knew nothing about 2v2, but y'all shredded the regular season in the 2v2 slot. Was nice interacting with you guys whenever I had the chance
"I knew nothing about 2v2" Bro we are playing each other in a finals for a 2v2 Tournament. But much love TTTech and I said it once and I will say it again....

atleast we have our trusty The funny manager TTTech to cover for us
when its raining and I feel deserted, I look up to the grey heaven filled with clouds. And there he stands The funny manager fearlessly managing the team

Btw sorry user called The for all the pings but ig thats what you get from that name

I wasn't as active as expected, but I think I did my effort for both NFE and Mix n Mega slot so I think it's worth making a post to thank my crew members.

Clasmia Good job at Mix n Mega slot despite our recent losses which were unfortunate. But I would have to thank you for covering me up against Derpyboi when I was not able to do so. I suggest you join more MnM tours and eventually sign up for OMPL/OMWC again, I think you have a worthy potential for MnM slot in both building and player aspects. There are still things you can improve on, but overall I hope OMFL made a good showcase for you overall.

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ I'm really glad that I convinced the managers to draft you and oh boy you performed beyond my expectations by having a 4-1 record overall. I appreciated when you could play NFE and be the sub for Duguo when they couldn't have played for their difficult schedules based on where they live. Play more games and I think you'll be noticed again by other people. The only thing I've any feedback I want to tell out of the tour is probably to be less stubborn and be open-minded with your stuff. Being comfortable with your teams is important, but being too comfortable can lead yourself being too predictable to people that will exploit that weakness. Otherwise thanks for playing for Barraskewdas and being a good crewmate :>

DuGuo I know you're definitely not happy with your NFE performance and you had a lot of difficulty being available due to timezone and the circumstances you're in right now. However, I've NO REGRETS for you playing NFE despite the record because I think you were capable to win NFE games based on our tests. I'm thankful that you played NFE because I wouldn't have done it myself LOL. You were so active to ask for NFE games, and wanted to get comfortable with the teams as much as you could. Now I'll admit I got caught off guard by how you were interacting with me because it was out of my comfort zone, but in the end, I think it worked well and I think I adapted to your way to talk. If there is something anything I wish I could have done would be being able to play more test games, give you clearer feedback due to the language barrier(same goes for you Maybca), and just be there when you needed it.

I hope you are not taking this tournament as only "failure" for yourself and take it as an opportunity to improve from the bad sides instead. We all start somewhere so instead of taking the easy way to quit, take the faults and make something good out of it. Thanks for playing Duguo and I hope the best for you on Smogon and in real life : >

TTTech ItsChew. Obviously, had to tag you two nerds for somehow managing to draft me over Beauts. How I felt about that bidding war over me is something I'll keep to myself, but I'm glad you guys took me in even if I was .overpay
Now for TTTech I appreciated how responsive you were whenever I @'d you to check on my teams on NFE and MnM, and sorry for that heart attack on my NFE game at the playoff game :P. I'm very thankful you took into consideration my activity issues and we were the clear #1 into the playoffs. I wish we could get in finals because it felt like we dominated this PL based on our goated teams, but hey sometimes it do be like thanks.
For ItsChew, very much appreciated how you had the time to respond back since you've also been busy with OMPL. I do definitely think I had different conversations with you over TTTech, mainly on the MnM aspect where we talked meta stuff and tested games that benefit both OMFL and OMPL. I don't think I had that type of interaction with another manager before, and if so it would be rare af.

I'll make a quick confession that I wanted to be on Beauts's team out of everyone else, but in the end, I think being on Barra's team ended up being way better than I expected. In the end, I did what I could do and it got us this far. Thanks for drafting me and I wish the best out of you two in the futute.

I don't have much stuff to talk about other than my crewmembers simply because I wasn't active on the server, but we were definitely getting people's asses no cap, great job to everyone, and as the same good luck in the future courses, make the path the best out of it.

DerpyBoi Had to mention you because if you didn't sign up for this tournament, then I wouldn't have joined in the first place. It sucks that we didn't get into finals because that would be so heated if we fought once again, and sorry for johnning the shit outta you. We will face each other in Mix n Mega somewhere in the future, eventually. I'll have to settle against you and Tect again, can't stay 1-1 forever y'know.

Amberr DuckeryDoodle Special thanks for the effort you guys for taking care of this tournament. Will say it's not as perfect, especially on Information Thread feeling so unfinished, but at least it's better than nothing I assume it's one of your first times being the host so I'll be less critical overall. But thanks for using your time and I appreciate the work you guys have done!

Thanks to all of my opponents, and those who faced my teamcrews in NFE slot. It helped me to experiment with things out of my comfort zone and I'll use that opportunity for one of my long-ass NFE metagame posts. This doesn't mean I'll join another team tournament again though. This was an expectation with a clear different purpose for me. But to end this with a good note, the tournament was very fun overall by seeing less known players to join :]

Good games everyone, and I hope OMFL will continue to exist as it's such a valuable team tournament to showcase new players and see how they're capable to play in a team tournament. Not only from playing, but experiencing the pressure in a tour game and teamwork with other people you don't know and meeting new people from different communities. I'll always see OMFL as a bridge for many different paths that OMPL can't do, from other sub-community being interested in another community or other OM sub-communities being interested in another OM tier, or potentially whole another tier with an arguable bigger audience than OMPL since those who join OMFL are usually more novice ones. There are always newer/immediate players than Top Players, and the chances they'll be drafted for OMFL are bigger than OMPL as I see it. May OMFL still continue :]

I wasn't as active as expected, but I think I did my effort for both NFE and Mix n Mega slot so I think it's worth making a post to thank my crew members.

Clasmia Good job at Mix n Mega slot despite our recent losses which were unfortunate. But I would have to thank you for covering me up against Derpyboi when I was not able to do so. I suggest you join more MnM tours and eventually sign up for OMPL/OMWC again, I think you have a worthy potential for MnM slot in both building and player aspects. There are still things you can improve on, but overall I hope OMFL made a good showcase for you overall.

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ I'm really glad that I convinced the managers to draft you and oh boy you performed beyond my expectations by having a 4-1 record overall. I appreciated when you could play NFE and be the sub for Duguo when they couldn't have played for their difficult schedules based on where they live. Play more games and I think you'll be noticed again by other people. The only thing I've any feedback I want to tell out of the tour is probably to be less stubborn and be open-minded with your stuff. Being comfortable with your teams is important, but being too comfortable can lead yourself being too predictable to people that will exploit that weakness. Otherwise thanks for playing for Barraskewdas and being a good crewmate :>

DuGuo I know you're definitely not happy with your NFE performance and you had a lot of difficulty being available due to timezone and the circumstances you're in right now. However, I've NO REGRETS for you playing NFE despite the record because I think you were capable to win NFE games based on our tests. I'm thankful that you played NFE because I wouldn't have done it myself LOL. You were so active to ask for NFE games, and wanted to get comfortable with the teams as much as you could. Now I'll admit I got caught off guard by how you were interacting with me because it was out of my comfort zone, but in the end, I think it worked well and I think I adapted to your way to talk. If there is something anything I wish I could have done would be being able to play more test games, give you clearer feedback due to the language barrier(same goes for you Maybca), and just be there when you needed it.

I hope you are not taking this tournament as only "failure" for yourself and take it as an opportunity to improve from the bad sides instead. We all start somewhere so instead of taking the easy way to quit, take the faults and make something good out of it. Thanks for playing Duguo and I hope the best for you on Smogon and in real life : >

TTTech ItsChew. Obviously, had to tag you two nerds for somehow managing to draft me over Beauts. How I felt about that bidding war over me is something I'll keep to myself, but I'm glad you guys took me in even if I was .overpay
Now for TTTech I appreciated how responsive you were whenever I @'d you to check on my teams on NFE and MnM, and sorry for that heart attack on my NFE game at the playoff game :P. I'm very thankful you took into consideration my activity issues and we were the clear #1 into the playoffs. I wish we could get in finals because it felt like we dominated this PL based on our goated teams, but hey sometimes it do be like thanks.
For ItsChew, very much appreciated how you had the time to respond back since you've also been busy with OMPL. I do definitely think I had different conversations with you over TTTech, mainly on the MnM aspect where we talked meta stuff and tested games that benefit both OMFL and OMPL. I don't think I had that type of interaction with another manager before, and if so it would be rare af.

I'll make a quick confession that I wanted to be on Beauts's team out of everyone else, but in the end, I think being on Barra's team ended up being way better than I expected. In the end, I did what I could do and it got us this far. Thanks for drafting me and I wish the best out of you two in the futute.

I don't have much stuff to talk about other than my crewmembers simply because I wasn't active on the server, but we were definitely getting people's asses no cap, great job to everyone, and as the same good luck in the future courses, make the path the best out of it.

DerpyBoi Had to mention you because if you didn't sign up for this tournament, then I wouldn't have joined in the first place. It sucks that we didn't get into finals because that would be so heated if we fought once again, and sorry for johnning the shit outta you. We will face each other in Mix n Mega somewhere in the future, eventually. I'll have to settle against you and Tect again, can't stay 1-1 forever y'know.

Amberr DuckeryDoodle Special thanks for the effort you guys for taking care of this tournament. Will say it's not as perfect, especially on Information Thread feeling so unfinished, but at least it's better than nothing I assume it's one of your first times being the host so I'll be less critical overall. But thanks for using your time and I appreciate the work you guys have done!

Thanks to all of my opponents, and those who faced my teamcrews in NFE slot. It helped me to experiment with things out of my comfort zone and I'll use that opportunity for one of my long-ass NFE metagame posts. This doesn't mean I'll join another team tournament again though. This was an expectation with a clear different purpose for me. But to end this with a good note, the tournament was very fun overall by seeing less known players to join :]

Good games everyone, and I hope OMFL will continue to exist as it's such a valuable team tournament to showcase new players and see how they're capable to play in a team tournament. Not only from playing, but experiencing the pressure in a tour game and teamwork with other people you don't know and meeting new people from different communities. I'll always see OMFL as a bridge for many different paths that OMPL can't do, from other sub-community being interested in another community or other OM sub-communities being interested in another OM tier, or potentially whole another tier with an arguable bigger audience than OMPL since those who join OMFL are usually more novice ones. There are always newer/immediate players than Top Players, and the chances they'll be drafted for OMFL are bigger than OMPL as I see it. May OMFL still continue :]
I didn't know you convinced the captains to take me a big thank you. received 5/5 bye thank you for helping me and I will try not to be stubborn anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)