Not open for further replies.

Amberr

Banned deucer.
Authorized by Ransei
no art

Other Metagames Farm League III

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Playoffs | Tiebreak | Finals
Information thread
There are 6 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:

1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Godly Gift
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
  7. SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
  8. SS Anything Goes
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play a different team each week for 5 weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.

Tiebreaker

In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager, and each manager will also pick one metagame to strike. Additionally, each manager will submit a backup meta to strike in case their choice is the same as the opposing team's pick. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts from the remaining unpicked, unstruck metagames. In the event that the picks and strikes from each manager are the same, the hosts will determine both the second and third format at random based on the remaining options. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes

Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
There will be a 1 week period immediately after the draft where trades are Allowed.

Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 vs bo7 for 2v2)!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Farm League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMFL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMFL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions & Lineups

Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Amberr, DuckeryDoodle). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.

Matchups

Matchups

:torracat: The Doja Torracat's (beauts, Byleth) - [5][3] - The Goblin-Sighting-Giratina's (pannuracotta , Fc) :giratina:
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): RobDog747 vs lancert
SS Almost Any Ability: Danny vs Osake
SS Anything Goes: Swas vs Scholar
SS Balanced Hackmons: Dragonillis vs Jqlove
SS Godly Gift: Milo vs Pigeons
SS Mix and Mega: adem vs Nultiprise
SS NFE: Fraise vs AM
SS STABmons: hidden vs cy

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on June 19th, 2022

Last edited:
Screenshot(654).png

Hello, today I will show you something :
How to win vs Osake ?

Playing Genesect.
Genesect is so good Osake can't to be prep vs all Genesect.

Genesect @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Leech Life
- Blaze Kick

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 112 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shift Gear
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Leech Life

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 112 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Leech Life
- Thunderbolt

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Explosion
- Leech Life
- Blaze Kick

Genesect @ Metronome
Ability: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Leech Life
- Blaze Kick

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Leech Life
- Blaze Kick

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 52 Atk / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Steel Beam
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Hax Osake.
If someone is (really) better than you, you have one thing he can't do.
Control his luck.

Screenshot(659).png

Screenshot(665).png

Screenshot(661).png

lmao
Screenshot(664).png

Screenshot(663).png

Screenshot(660).png

what
WHAT
HOW

Screenshot(662).png

Screenshot(627).png

Danny, if I random like me has a chance vs him, you have your chance

Sorry not sorry Osake, but I will use every opportunity, like this :
togekiss_hair_slash.jpg

Let's go team !
wigdeter.png

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Announcement: AAA Kommo-o Ban

The Almost Any Ability Council has quickbanned Kommo-o. Since this ban was announced after the beginning of the week, Kommo-o remains unbanned for OMFL Finals (and the tiebreaker, should we need one).

Players should use the following challenge code when challenging to AAA games:
Code:
/challenge [user], gen8almostanyability @@@ +kommo-o
Tagging Managers: beauts Byleth pannuracotta Fc

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1598091406-mdh7he2jac1rai6as8ty365osiirw6zpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1598092598-vyhq4e2vcxdmgi4fny5sik81wiuy9j2pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1598093711-xv6zm2t92pt1lfa5pxjkldwfxrne80hpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1598095084

gagné ggs,

it doesn't matter what the result is, win or lose. i just want to say thanks to fc and pannu for selecting me, you guys are good guys, very good in terms of captaincy and for all the times we laughed in our cord. it was cool to be back after we entered the "war" phase and forgot that humans exist and still have the bad images of what happened in ukraine. thanks guys for everything and to all my teammates, even if i was a ghost sometimes!

Screenshot(654).png

Hello, today I will show you something :
How to win vs Osake ?

Bringing screen HO with 2 belly drum user (and the goat darmanitan-galar

Screenshot(716).png
Playing Genesect.
Genesect is so good Osake can't to be prep vs all Genesect.
Screenshot(717).png

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: [REDACTED]
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- [REDACTED]
- [REDACTED]
- Leech Life
Hax Osake.
If someone is (really) better than you, you have one thing he can't do.
Control his luck.

Screenshot(718).png

Screenshot(719).png

Screenshot(627).png

Danny, if I random like me has a chance vs him, you have your chance
It work
wighappy.png

Désolé Osake

Jqlove and I will fight this sunday, 5 PM (GMT=0).

Let's go Torracat !
wigdeter.png

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Hello everyone,
It's been basically a day since OMFL finals and I have to say that I cannot be happier with how our team performed to get to this point. Not to get too sappy, but this is the first time I've ever won anything on this site after being on and off for a couple of years. After three straight team tour final losses last year and some very mediocre solo results by my own standards, I sort of resigned myself to never winning anything ever. Which, is a very melodramatic stance to take but this entire tour I was expecting something awful to go wrong. After our Week 3 smashing by the cottas I was really sad and didn't think we'd be able to pull it back, but we did in fantastic fashion and won our semis and finals sets. I apologize to Osake that it came at his expense, your game against Danny was awful and was definitely highway robbery but unfortunately, it happens, and we just happened to be on the winning side of it. Blame Drago for the tutorial, he jinxed it.

I don't really know where I'll stand on OM stuff competitively after PL ends. I still have crippling feelings of self-doubt and am always unsure of whether I belong in the competitive scene, but being able to win this tour and share this experience with my team has shown me that I do somewhat belong at least, and that feels good to know. I'm glad that despite my controversial nature at times that people have been able to see that even though I am pretty awful sometimes as a person, that all I really want is the best for my team and my friends, and to be able to win this tour means a lot to me and if this is the only thing that I ever win, I'm ok with that. Now, onto the shoutouts!

I'd like to first thank Byleth for managing with me. I asked you on a complete whim some random day in our teamcord because I was bored and honestly a bit frustrated that I was relegated to building tiers I had less experience with (STAB/AAA) compared to what I was expecting to (GG/NFE/MnM) in OMPL, although this was definitely a problem of my own creation, and I couldn't be happier that I did. You're honestly such a cool and lovely person to talk to, and you've quickly become one of my closer friends on this site. I'm sad that you're going into moderate retirement, but I'm glad that I've been able to bring you back for a short while in Spotlight Trios. Hopefully we're able to win this weekend in OMPL because how epic would it be to be the only two people to win both OMFL and OMPL the same year :^)

Next I'd like to thank Dragonillis. You were an absolute GOAT this tour, supporting so many slots for us. It wasn't intentional to draft the French squad with you, Fraise, and hidden, but it worked out. Your ability to help them this tour was invaluable, especially with Byleth and I being more preoccupied with OMPL these past few weeks. You were the driving force behind this team doing as well as we did (especially with your luck lmao) and I couldn't thank you more.

Milo I'm so thankful we were able to trade for you. I'm sorry I was a little hot mess express with forgetting to pass you builds once or twice....but I am glad you were able to get past that lol and have a great tour, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed Godly Gift (come back for ssnl pls) and had a positive experience. You were amazing

Swas Thanks for doing AG solo this entire tour. I am still stunned we were able to get you for so cheap, and you performed way above your price. I appreciate you doing so well with no support from anyone on the team really and your ability to carry your slot every week was invaluable. Thanks :-]

Danny AAA is a very difficult tier to pick up and you did a great job every week growing and doing a better job of understanding the meta. The first week was a little rough I'm ngl but after that you did a great job and really only lost based on mu. I know you're a big shot RU player now but I appreciate you coming on down to little OMFL to put in some work, gl in future tours :D

berry The MnM GOAT, after we put you in w4, despite not playing you, you carried our slot for the rest of the tour. I do wish I had put you in at least one more time so you could have had the opportunity before you go back into your slumber but you were fantastic support for the latter half of the tour and you snatching nyAndy teams for us was invaluable :-]

adem You are incredibly whiny every time you lose, which is a little endearing, but you have to stop beating yourself up. You were an anchor for any slot we put you in, whether a last minute sub into NFE or Xurking Heracross that one week, and you were a great value to the team but maybe u should stop trusting Derpy teams over mine smh

hidden You showed tremendous growth this tour, going from liking me when we drafted you to hating me (ironically) by the end because I posted too many cat gifs.....As Drago said, you gotta cool off a bit. Your competitiveness is infectious, but at the end of the day this is a hobby website, don't take it too seriously. You should have gone undefeated this tour, truly, you were that good, and I hope to see you again next year in OMPL meow >:3

dex I'm sorry I didn't play you more :cry: I enjoyed chatting and prepping with you when you played, you were super fun and chill. I hope to see you around in OMs more, you were a great team presence and a fun dude to talk to

Fraise So, funny story. I was looking through all the signups for this tour just doing my due-diligence and I saw your name and I was like "huh, that name is French I better ask Osake who this is because he is also French" and he told me that basically, you were a newer player but that in French OMPL you played NFE and did well. I was like hell yeah, I love undiscovered players that I can snatch for 3k and have them do well. I had also spoken to Drago about who he thought may be good in the OMFL pool and he had recommended you so I spoke with Byleth and we decided we would get you and lo-and-behold, we snatched you up for 3k at the end of the draft and you did amazingly well. I'm so proud of the effort you and Drago (and later Givra) did to prep every week. You far exceeded my expectations and I'm so glad that I was able to pick you up.

RobDog747 My 2v2 GOAT, you were fantastic this tour. I do think you need to relax a bit and be more thoughtful sometimes in-game, but that's all personal growth. You most definitely grew this tour and did better every week, and I'm thankful that you and Chris32156 together put the effort in to put your best foot forward every week. I know you were a bit skeptical when you found out you were drafted for 10k, but promise me, you were worth it.

Helga146 omicorio I'm sorry that I wasn't able to play you guys more, but I'm thankful I was able to bring you guys along for the ride. Hope to see you two next OMPL/FL :-] and gl in future endeavors

Also, lastly, thank you Albi for the art, I don't even think you know that we won but I'm sure this ping will be a nice surprise. Hopefully I'll be able to bring this team back for another tour, we'll see.

I know this is a bit of a long post for a farm league win, but it means a lot that I'm able to be here at the end of this tour with a victory. Hopefully, we're able to bring OMFL back next year for the repeat ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)