EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Solar Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Protect
Short Description: i want this team to be unexpected and fun to play
This core is not viable; Victini is a solid pokemon, but mewtwonite X is not a good stone for it, while Masquerain is just not really usable in any way. If you wish, we could make a team with just Victini, or with a different core of your choice, but this current pair is rejected.

Fardin

Tournament Banned
  • Metagame: AG
  • Service: 2
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
    1514781381757.png
    1514781445965.png
    1514781506507.png
    1514781513294.png
    1514781520546.png
    1514781552332.png
  • Sets:
Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Toxic

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Scald

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Delta Stream
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- Surf

• Short Description: its an anti-meta Balance squad which is working very nicely so far, but i got a few problems. This team relies on chip damages a lot, because luna, marsh and mray can pick off almost every offensive threat if they were hit by rocks a few times. Dusk mane and toxa can handle every CM and support arc with the exception of CM Ground, and that is the main issue. Mixed offensive yveltal is also a troublesome mon, and if rocks are not up, and mray or marsh is weakened, its a huge threat..especially if it even got taunt. im just looking for some possible changes and etc. btw i dont want it to be weak to goth.
  • Playstyle: Balance/BO

Metagame: Mix and Mega
  • Service: 1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
    weavile.gif
    +
    starmie.gif
  • Sets: Weavile @ Banettite
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Swords Dance
    - Foul Play
    - Icicle Crash

• Starmie @ Pidgeotite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Blizzard
    - Protect

• Short Description: Still want to have fun
  • Playstyle: N/A

Metagame: Anything Goes
Service: 1
Sprites of Pokemon:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
  • Ability: Shadow Tag
  • EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
  • Timid Nature
  • IVs: 0 Atk
  • - Shadow Ball
  • - Sludge Wave
  • - Focus Blast
  • - Taunt / Destiny Bond
Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Description: I'd like an AG team around the core of Mega Gengar and Arceus-Dark to get into the metagame with. I don't know anything about AG, so the sets can definitely be changed if needed. I read Arceus-Dark is a good partner with Mega Gengar to set up a potential CM sweep so that explains my quickly thrown together Arceus set. Thanks in advance!

Playstyle: Mega Gengar seems to favor offensive teams, but I'll take whatever the builder gives me

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
MAMP Sorry for the mention, but it's been quite a while since you reserved my team. Are you planning to review it anytime soon?

Edit: Requesting Funbot28, Pikachuun, Ztest if they want to tune it up instead (sorry for mention again)

Last edited:
Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
zygarde-complete.gif
yveltal.gif

Short Description:
Prankster Zygarde-Complete seems fun and bulky, wanna make something out of it plus some other tanks/walls. Unaware Yveltal for the Gengar-Mega beating wall.
Playstyle: Stall / Bulky Offense

Last edited:
MAMP Sorry for the mention, but it's been quite a while since you reserved my team. Are you planning to review it anytime soon?

Edit: Requesting Funbot28, Pikachuun, Ztest if they want to tune it up instead (sorry for mention again)
MAMP has decided to take a leave of absence from the shop. Pikachuun Ztest Funbot28
Metagame: Mix and Mega
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon: View attachment 95992+ View attachment 95993
  • Sets: Weavile @ Banettite
    Jolly Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Swords Dance
    - Foul Play
    - Icicle Crash

• Starmie @ Pidgeotite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Blizzard
    - Protect

• Short Description: Still want to have fun
  • Playstyle: N/A
Weavile @ Glalitite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Return
- Throat Chop

Starmie @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Zap Cannon
- Rapid Spin

Deoxys-Speed @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Mirror Coat
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Zygarde @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aura Break
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Kartana @ Metagrossite
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Sacred Sword

I had to change the Weavile set to something a bit more viable. ReturnDouble edge allows you to 2hko arceus on the switch with hazards up. I also put rapid spin over protect, as beating shuckle and opposing Deo-S leads is very handy, especially given that Starmie defeats all relevant ghost by outspeeding Gengar and slamming Giratina with blizzard. Zap Cannon was chosen over thunder for additional damage and the utility of paralyzing faster threats.
I then added Deoxys-S as a hazard setter, as it's one of the best pokemon at that in the metagame. Mirror coat is chosen to counterlead Magearna, but magic coat is also an option for opposing deo-s, as is psycho boost to chip some offensive threats. I then added Zygarde, as it's one of the best pokemon in the metagame. It was initially altarianite, but was changed to pinsirite to improve the pdon matchup. Necrozma handles Tapu lele, some opposing espeeders, and Xerneas, all of which are buig threats tio offense, and can also nuke walls with its powerful attacks to clean a way for its teammates. To round out the team I added Kartana for some additional speed and another soft Pdon check.

This team has some issues with Naganadel and RP Pdon, but both can be played around and defeated and in my opinion the other nmatchups are well worth it. Here's a replay of the team in action.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-689729386
  • Metagame: AAA
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
    (replace klinklang with another offensive steel if too unviable)
  • Short Description: haven't been good at making AAA teams for some reason, and need help making a good team for laddering and learning the meta more. Naganadel was released recently and seems pretty good with Adaptability or Sheer Force, and Klinklang adds a setup mon that can set up with Shift Gear and do heavy damage with Technician or Tinted Lens Gear Grind.
  • Playstyle: some kind of offense
thanks!

edit: Mind Blown + Magic Guard Doesn't work, replacing my Blacephalon submission
Naganadel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn

Klinklang @ Steelium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Shift Gear
- Magic Coat

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
- U-turn

Zygarde @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 196 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows

Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Gem
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

The Klinklang set is an odd one. Klinklag isnt a good mon, but I focused on doing as much as possible with it. With tinted lens and a zmove, it can OHKO the likes of Victini, Entei, Lucario, offensive celesteela, etc at +1, which noone seems to see coming. Magic Coat is used as Klinklang has no good 4th move, bouncing back moves like wisp from mew, whirlwind from skarmory / hippowdon, and entry hazards if its not useful as a sweeper. Naganadel is a standard offensive mon; it gives up being able to easily take on Magearna for sheer power to anythign that doesnt resist, and is paired with a magnet pull victini to handle steels. Zygarde is great role compression, handling sun, victini, Ferrothorn, Snorlax, and many stalls. Minior and Landorus, in turn patch up our offense matchup. Minior is adapotability, as Priority is actually not that common in aaa and most pokemon won't click that against Minior; If you wish, it can be changed back, but you then lose the ohko on skarmory unless stealth rocks are up. Landorus is the rocker and scarfer in one; choice scarfed sr isnt as bad as it seems, especially sinceit's good at bluffing not being scarf. Here's a replay of the team in action:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-689744617

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
  • Metagame: Mix and Mega
  • Service: Comprehensive Teambuilding
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets: Any
  • Short Description: I like using these mons, but I can't seem to fit them together on a good team. I've tried both metagrossite and lucarionite on kartana, but it's just too frail.
  • Playstyle: Offensive (obviously cause of the mons). I'm fine with all kinds.

• Metagame: 1v1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
    mimikyu.png
  • Sets:
  • Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z Change it to whatever would work the best
    Ability: Disguise
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Play Rough
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Shadow Claw
  • Short Description: I wanna use Mimikyu, but I don't understand what it does
  • Playstyle: I really don't care, whatever works

Reactions: pqs
  • Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
  • Service: 2
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

• Sets: See spoiler tag below
  • Short Description: This team was working wonders before the Primal Groudon ban, but its gone now and I'm stuck trying to fix it. I think an overhaul might be necessary, but I'd rather not spend as long as I did doing the initial build again if I can help it. Mega-Ray replaced Primal Groudon, but doesn't fit the team particularly well and finding something to drop in with minimal change is proving challenging. The team still works, but not so well as I didn't realize how much it was hinging on Primal Don with this particular Pokemon composition. Posting this here in the hopes maybe one of you guys can think of something I'm overlooking before I go back to the drawing board and start rebuilding from near the ground up. If it'll need a lot of changing, feel free to reject this if you'd prefer.

Basic gist though, Yveltal, Solgaleo, Zygarde, and Arceus form a defensive backbone and spread around poison, mostly via Toxic Spikes and Banefun Bunker, for Rayquaza and Gengar to clean up on with Merciless. Although simply stalling out the opponent is also a valid option. The pre-Primal Don ban version can be found as a full fledged RMT in my signature if you need more details on the sets, reasoning, and strategy. Or you can ask me directly.
  • Playstyle: Toxic Spikes Semi-Stall

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Strength Sap
- Gear Grind

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Baneful Bunker
- Spectral Thief

Zygarde-Complete @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer
- Wish
- Baneful Bunker

Arceus @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Boomburst
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Baton Pass

Gengar-Mega @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Venoshock
- Hex
- Secret Sword
- Defog

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Merciless
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic Spikes
- U-turn

hey i just found me building mimikyu - im building atm and if it's ok with you i'd like to change that set to cursekyu, helping vs koko and slower users in general, it's still ok if not , im open to anything
do as you like, I just wanna use Mimikyu

Reactions: pqs

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
  • Metagame: Mix and Mega
  • Service: Comprehensive Teambuilding
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets: Any
  • Short Description: I like using these mons, but I can't seem to fit them together on a good team. I've tried both metagrossite and lucarionite on kartana, but it's just too frail.
  • Playstyle: Offensive (obviously cause of the mons). I'm fine with all kinds.
Quantum Tesseract may I take this?

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Metagame: Anything Goes
Playstyle: HO / Offense

Core Description: Two setup sweepers, one physical and the mixed specially based. Thats basically it, just to make games go fast and to smash through balance and fat teams. EVs on Groudon can be edited to whatever is the proper set but I would like to leave Rayquaza as fast and strong hitting as possible. :toast:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 64 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:View attachment 98003View attachment 98518
Short Description:
Prankster Zygarde-Complete seems fun and bulky, wanna make something out of it plus some other tanks/walls. Unaware Yveltal for the Gengar-Mega beating wall.
Playstyle: Stall / Bulky Offense
BH teambuilding seems a bit dead with the demise of MAMP so I have taken this teambuilding request under my wing if there are no objections. Will post team when I've tested it a bit.

Edit: The Team

http://pokepast.es/8883f4bf8731283c
Some stuff in there is not quite as I'd have it just so you have to read the descriptions :]

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Haze

Prankster Zygarde-Complete finds it's place on the team bc you told me to.
Haze for removing stat boosts and Shore Up for priority recovery. Haze is used over Topsy-Turvy because it can deal with things such as Simple Smash Tyranitar-Mega which, especially without Scarf Imposter, can be an issue. Core Enforcer helps to deal with various PH mons such as Giratina and Regigigas while Thousand Waves can trap (some of) them so they cannot switch to avoid the poison damage. Waves can also trap imposter which can then be PP stalled (make sure to stay at high health because Core Enforcer does almost 40%). Thousand Waves is chosen over Anchor Shot despite the lower PP and not hitting flying types because of the extra power due to STAB and higher base power as well as hitting most Steel types super effectively.
Leftovers can be used for passive healing and to switch into Choice Band Steelworker Kartana better but Goggles seemed to be useful in testing.

Yveltal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 50 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up

Also here because you told me to.
Revelation Dance to kill Normalise Gengar-Mega and for a solid STAB move with decent PP that threatens Aegislash, MMY and Giratina. Spectral for boost stealing. Anchor Shot is once again to trap Imposter and in a pinch does reasonable damage against Audino-Mega and Tyranitar-Mega which resist/are immune to the other moves.
+SpDef Nature to better answer Mega Gengar as well as things like MMY which may do significant damage with coverage.
Speed is to outspeed everything offensive (up to Pheromosa) after stealing a Shell Smash boost with Spectral Thief.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Level: 99
Sassy Nature
- Slack Off
- U-turn
- Poison Fang
- Core Enforcer / Entrainment

Since so far we've been stacking Fairy and Ice weaknesses I added the ubiquitous Registeel with Magic Bounce to help with hazard control since Yveltal does not like Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes can be deadly if not prepared for.
U-turn is basically mandatory since the first two mons forewent pivoting moves with Lv99 to underspeed opposing Registeel and Audino-Mega to compensate somewhat for the lack of momentum so far. Poison Fang is good for spreading poison, even to Magic Bounce users and Core Enforcer is used to check PH Regigigas. I used Core Enforcer in testing but Entrainment has more PP and can deal with PH Xerneas somewhat which the team otherwise struggles against as well as some uncommon PH Regigigas sets such as Dragon Tail.
Leftovers ensures you avoid the 2hko from Specs Rayquaza-Mega using Boomburst and also lets you avoid wasting Slack Off PP in long matches as well as compensating for the slight loss in bulk from the dropped level. Rocky Helmet is worth considering if you want to change something to punish U-turns more.

Dialga @ Steelium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Quiet Nature
- Tail Glow
- Doom Desire
- Dragon Tail / Whirlwind
- Shore Up

Since I had decided to go for a Bulky Offense/Semi Stall team rather than full stall I needed an offensive mon. Dialga is used over other more powerful/quicker threats due to the defensive utility it provides with Fur Coat allowing it to check Ground coverage or V-create Rayquaza as well as making it easier to stay in long enough for Doom Desire to hit. Tail Glow and Doom Desire are the main ways of dealing damage with Dragon Tail or Whirlwind to force out their check and hopefully bring in something that dies to Doom Desire. Steelium Z is so you can hit something like Registeel twice in one turn alongside Doom Desire which makes it much easier to break through bulky things. Dragon Tail does some reasonable damage and lets you stay in against things you think will stat boost and forces out things that survive Doom Desire to hit the rest of their team. Whirlwind does let you force out things behind a Substitute and makes you slightly less prone to Imposter haxing you with speed ties and misses.

Minimum speed to make is as likely as possible that you can use Tail Glow on the turn Doom Desire will hit without them stealing the boosts immediately but 252- can be used to make it easier to heal up on things like Giratina should your health drop too low.

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Calm Nature
- Scald
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam / Moonblast
- Spikes / Stealth Rock

Poison Heal Kyogre-Primal is used as another sweeper, however since this one boosts speed it can be more useful for seizing an opportunity to finish off a weakened team.
Scald is used to spread burn and for it's good PP, Moonblast for coverage but Ice Beam can be used to deal with Mega Rayquaza and Groudon-Primal more effectively but you then struggle with the occasional Gyarados-Mega. If running Moonblast use Calm nature to deal with Imposter a bit better although thanks to not running Spore it is still an issue.
Spikes is used to punish passive checks such as RegenVest Pogre and makes the Shedinja matchup actually winnable as well as working nicely with Dialga's P-Hazing. Be careful with this mon if Imposter is still in the running because it can set Spikes or even beat you if running Moonblast. This mon can threaten almost every Magic Bounce user in some way or other, even if it is just stalling out recovery PP with burns and Scald as well as being durable so it makes a nice hazard setter.
This also provides another soft check to Triage Ray and Precipice Blades Diancie which can be nice in a tough spot.

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spectral Thief / Poison Fang
- Topsy-Turvy
- Roost
- Defog

The team was still a little weak to Contrary and Fire Coverage -ates and a switchin for Shedinja was needed so Aegislash found it's place on the team. Spectral Thief is better against setup users and threatens Mewtwos with noticeable damage but Poison Fang lets you actually force out Shedinja. Topsy-Turvy so you have something to do against Contrary and Defog because it wasn't on the other 5 mons.
This can also switch into most No Guard sets without risking much which saves some stress on low/mid ladder.

I've tested a little (50 games) on ladder and brought it one match for BH Open and it seems reasonable. I might update with some tweaks if I have time to test it properly. Can struggle against Imposter on teams with strong wall breakers but so far it has been manageable.

Tagging insaneguy1083 sorry you didn't get a response sooner.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Metagame: BH and Stabmons
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
STABmons- Whatever works.
BH- FC Chansey, and my friend Audino-Mega, any sets work

Sets: (required for the Tune Up) -
Short Description: I want to be the new Marin, and Id like to try Audino.

Playstyle: Bulky offense or stall.

I’d prefer either one.
Given that this STABmons request has been open for about three months without anyone taking it I decided to give it a shot even though I'm not an approved builder. Sorry :X

I wasn't sure if you wanted a Bulky Offense team or not in STABmons so I built BO that sort of turned into Balance as it went along.
The team

Bewear @ Protective Pads
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

I started off with Bewear because to me it is the face of bulky offense and specifically bulky Espeeding in STABmons. Fluffy gives it a lot of leeway in setting up and tanking other mons Espeeds / other priority moves once set up. While running Shadow Claw might seem worthwhile for the perfect coverage I find being able to kill Landorus-Therian as it switches in (or as it Beak Blasts if you've scouted it as defensive) much more important.

Without a boosting item it can have a bit of trouble working as a revenge killer, so make sure you have a good sense of how much damage it's going to do or have a calculator open. Depending on how much you want to count on having Misty Terrain up / if you want the power boost Silk Scarf is an option over Protective Pads.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Diamond Storm
- Accelerock
- Knock Off

Tyranitar is one of the best Pokemon in the metagame right now, and importantly for this team, the single best Pursuit trapper. Tyranitar was added to remove Ghost / Psychic types that could check or counter Bewear like Gengar or Latios. It also single-handedly checks a large portion of the tier, acts as a secondary revenge killer, and hits hella hard.

The big problem with Tyranitar is that the only available recovery for Tapu Fini is Moonlight, which Sand Stream messes up. Honestly if this wasn't Tyranitar and a god among mons I wouldn't run it on this team but it's just so amazing. Tyranitar's movepool is very customizable so feel free to play around. If I was going to switch something out it would be Knock Off.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

S rank. On basically every team except when people go "I don't wanna run Lando-t for once." This main reason thisthing was added was so far the team had a horrible weakness to fighting types of every description, so I wanted a resist. I opted for Scarf because it a) catches people off guard and b) allows for easy revenge killing of stuff like Lopunny-Mega.
+1 252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 220-261 (68.9 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Hidden Power Ice hits Lando-T and I guess Zygarde and Chomp etc. Mostly Lando-T. It's also your strongest move against Thundurus but in most cases there you'd probably want to try to try to get the matchup of Ttar v Thundurus.

Since this team lacks hazards this is probably where you'd slot them in if you feel the need. Ground STAB/Dragon Ascent/U-Turn/Stealth Rock is a decent enough set for a scarfer, if not the first choice. They could possibly go on Ttar too, with a change in items.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Defog
- Origin Pulse

At this point I noticed I had a pretty heavy weakness to Ash-Ninja, so I slapped on a Tapu Fini. It actually performs better than I expected for such a one-note add, providing a defogger, status prevention, and all-around bulky mon. The evs could probably be more optimized, because this doesn't function simply as a special wall. It's also your most reliable switch-in to a number of threatening physical/mixed mons whose attacks hit Buzzwole hard, including unscouted Lando-T. Fini is, in my mind, the glue that keeps the team together.

Moonlight and Sand Stream have awful synergy, but there's not much you can do about that without 100% replacing the mon.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Diamond Storm

This is standard SD Rockium Terrakion, except with Mach Punch over Accelerock. The main reason for this is the presence of Tyranitar, which already has Accelerock, but also allows for stuff like killing most Espeeders. I think I had a specific target in mind but I forget it now. It's intended to sweep, break, weaken things for Bewear, and take advantage of Ttar weakening things for it.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

At this point I basically decided screw espeed and this team looks kinda Zygarde weak, so I threw on the counter to all things physical. It's fat, and pretty strong too. When in doubt let it pivot. Close Combat makes Diggersby unable to set up in front of it (0 Atk Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 180-212 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO v 0 Atk Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 426-504 (113.9 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO). There are some physical things that beat it from full; Flying types ofc, and Fire types because V-Create is broken, but it has great synergy with Tyranitar there.

If you feel the need for hazards defensive Mew might serve in this slot as well, with Ice Beam/Roost/U-Turn or Volt Switch or Psychic or Will-O-Wisp/Stealth Rock, but Mew really lacks either the offensive capabilities of Buzzwole or the pivoting.

Some overall notes:
-This team has no hard switchins for Lando-T but a lot of ways to kill it unexpectedly. It's meant to be played so that at some point you have the opportunity to hit it on a switch-in with Ice Punch or Hidden Power Ice, so make sure you make those reads.
-I haven't had time to test this much given the lack of a ladder this month so I'm not really sure what exactly this team is weak to. Toxapex comes to mind looking at it, but when I get more opportunities to test I'll expand on this.

REPLAYS:
I had one and I lost it rip so here's a picture of The Immortal saying XD
Bewear @ Protective Pads
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Diamond Storm
- Accelerock
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Defog
- Origin Pulse

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Diamond Storm

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

EDIT: Here's an updated version of the team. Well sort of the same team.
Running this Tyranitar set is an option to let it survive one Focus Blast from Mega Alakazam and kill back. It hits a slightly higher Attack stat too, but no Lefties and Megaing reveals item.
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Pursuit
- Diamond Storm
- Shore Up

Ursaring has replaced Bewear as the Espeeder of choice for its ability to gib Mega Eye reliably along with being pseudo-status immune.
Removing Lando-T allowed for use of Celesteela and Zygarde over Terrakion. Shed Shell Fire Blast Steela is nasty to any Magnezones that try to switch in and trap it, but watch out for it being paired with Knock Off.
Chansey was placed over Fini primarily for bulk. Stealth Rock is an option over Seismic Toss if you don't mind being Taunt bait.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-727128265 here's a replay v virginia where Steela really pulled its (considerable) weight

Last edited:
Metagame: 1v1

Set:
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Short Description:
I’m not the best 1v1 player (or a good one lol) by any means, but I was hoping to experiment with a Special Scarf Mence set, as it’s similar to one my brother used at some local tournaments so Mence has a soft spot in my heart <3

I’m mostly trying to find some good teammates to build around him. I was thinking Fini to deter Ice types but I’m not 100% sure.

Also, if it’s not too much trouble, could someone also recommend EV sets? I’m using a pretty basic one atm and I’m not very good at customizing. Thanks!

Playstyle: Pretty much HO tbh

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Metagame: 1v1

Set:
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Short Description:
I’m not the best 1v1 player (or a good one lol) by any means, but I was hoping to experiment with a Special Scarf Mence set, as it’s similar to one my brother used at some local tournaments so Mence has a soft spot in my heart <3

I’m mostly trying to find some good teammates to build around him. I was thinking Fini to deter Ice types but I’m not 100% sure.

Also, if it’s not too much trouble, could someone also recommend EV sets? I’m using a pretty basic one atm and I’m not very good at customizing. Thanks!

Playstyle: Pretty much HO tbh
I was initially dubious of how well I'd be able to get Salamence to work, but I'm pretty happy with what I came up with.
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 12 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 248 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Fly
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Grassium Z
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 Def
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Confide

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 48 Def / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

I started off with the basis of Scarf Salamence as you wanted. I've replaced Hydro Pump with Fly, which hits Mega Lopunny and Mega Heracross as opposed to pretty much only Heatran and replaced HP Rock with Stone Edge for higher damage output in general, especially against pre-Mega Charizard X. I added Ferrothorn as it's able to take care of Sturdies and the infamous GyaraKoko really well. Confide is some cool tech that lets it beat CM Magearna and Metal Sound Magnezone. Lastly, I added Gardevoir as a means of dealing with the myriad of offensive Psychic types that beat both of them, as well as Dragonite and Mega Venusaur. Focus Blast notably beats Heatran, too. Enjoy!

I was initially dubious of how well I'd be able to get Salamence to work, but I'm pretty happy with what I came up with.
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 12 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 248 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Fly
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Grassium Z
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 Def
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Confide

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 48 Def / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

I started off with the basis of Scarf Salamence as you wanted. I've replaced Hydro Pump with Fly, which hits Mega Lopunny and Mega Heracross as opposed to pretty much only Heatran and replaced HP Rock with Stone Edge for higher damage output in general, especially against pre-Mega Charizard X. I added Ferrothorn as it's able to take care of Sturdies and the infamous GyaraKoko really well. Confide is some cool tech that lets it beat CM Magearna and Metal Sound Magnezone. Lastly, I added Gardevoir as a means of dealing with the myriad of offensive Psychic types that beat both of them, as well as Dragonite and Mega Venusaur. Focus Blast notably beats Heatran, too. Enjoy!
That was so quick!
Thank you so much, the way you described each set was great.
Again, thank you!

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
  • Metagame: 1v1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon: View attachment 98487
  • Sets:
  • Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z Change it to whatever would work the best
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Play Rough
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Shadow Claw
  • Short Description: I wanna use Mimikyu, but I don't understand what it does
  • Playstyle: I really don't care, whatever works
Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Atk / 96 Def / 44 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Substitute
- Rock Slide

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 52 Def / 224 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Overheat

The Mimikyu set I chose is fine-tuned to beat Donphan/Golem and Gyarados. I paired it with Zygarde as a method of dealing with Steel types, Tapu Koko and Mega Charizard Y. Volcarona beats Genesect, Scizor, Slowbro, Jumpluff and Haxorus. Sorry this took so long - I must have missed it before.

Hey everyone, I've been trying to get back into the AG meta but tbh my builds have just been really subpar recently ~~implying they were ever good~~ so I've come up with a core that I've enjoyed using and I'm hoping that someone smarter than me can do a much better job with it. Thanks for your time!

Metagame-Anything Goes
Service-1
toxapex.gif
hooh.gif

Sets-Really very flexible in general, but I wanted to be running TSpikes Haze Toxapex
Description-Toxapex seems to be really underplayed, if at all, right now, which made me quite interested in it considering that the Ubers people decided it was good enough to merit an analysis. Looking closely at it I began to understand it's usefulness as a defensive pivot, being able to switch into a wide variety of physical attackers that can't seriously scratch it (Ekiller w/o EQ, Marshadow w/o Bulk Up to name a few) and set up mid-game TSpikes, which can be a serious threat imo when hazard control Pokémon could have already been sacked, not expecting more hazards to be deployed. Haze stops things that aren't already very strong, Ekiller, MLuke, even a Xern perhaps (?) from exploiting and Regenerator (!) also seems very nice.
Ho-Oh seems to be a natural partner, covering Toxapex's special defense, as the Uber kids run physically defensive, and is able to check a variety of Pdon, Support Groundceus sets. Ho-Oh, meanwhile, loves Toxic Spikes to make wallbreaking cleaner. (However, it is perhaps a little counterintuitive /w Sacred Fire, so idk)
Playstyle-Probably not a HO core, Toxapex doesn't seem to do that well (hmm) but Balance or Stall is good, I would just like to be using Toxapex in it.
Once again, thanks for your time!​

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
Stakataka @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Metal Burst / Mirror Coat / Anchor Shot*
- Gyro Ball / Diamond Storm*
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

Golisopod @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster*
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Liquidation*
- Haze*

*flexible

• Short Description: These SM bois actually have pretty nice type synergy: Stakataka tanks (mostly special) Flying and Electric attacks while Golisopod tanks (mostly physical) Fighting and Ground attacks. It also helps that Stakataka is resistant to Stealth Rock so it can easily come in and remove hazards for Golisopod.
  • Playstyle: Balance / Semistall / Stall

• Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
Stakataka @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Metal Burst / Mirror Coat / Anchor Shot*
- Gyro Ball / Diamond Storm*
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

Golisopod @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster*
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Liquidation*
- Haze*

*flexible

• Short Description: These SM bois actually have pretty nice type synergy: Stakataka tanks (mostly special) Flying and Electric attacks while Golisopod tanks (mostly physical) Fighting and Ground attacks. It also helps that Stakataka is resistant to Stealth Rock so it can easily come in and remove hazards for Golisopod.
  • Playstyle: Balance / Semistall / Stall
Just thought I'd post to say I'm working on this but I got held up with testing by irl stuff and also realising the first attempt was dreadful.
I will just say that your core is pretty gimmacky which you realise (I hope) so the team won't exactly be perfect and maybe I won't spend as much time polishing it due to its nature. (I saw someone else using this core on ladder so whoever you are feel free to post the team lol)

For anyone in the BH backlog I'll try to get there but it takes a while :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)