Tournament OM Snake Draft II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by Chloe

Welcome everyone to the second annual OM Snake Draft! Following on from last year, this is the tournament that features some of the biggest non-permanent OMs. The metagames selected for this year's Snake Draft are: Camomons / Inheritance / Partners in Crime / Sketchmons / Tier Shift!

Managers are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
  • Will be active for the entire tournament (6 weeks).
  • Will fulfill all responsibilities of the position in a punctual manner, including but not limited to team submission, ensuring activity of players, and making substitutions.
  • Can be trusted to uphold sportsmanlike conduct.
If you think you can handle it, please sign up! Format your post like this:

Bio: Why are you qualified for the position? Why do you think you'll be a good manager? Do you have prior experience? Those are good things to put here.
Team name: Your preferred team name. Nothing inappropriate.
Commitment: A pledge that you will be active for the entire tournament and fulfill your managerial duties.

You may sign up individually or as a pair of co-managers. If you have limited experience playing or managing in a team tournament, it is recommended that you sign up with an experienced partner. Managers are not allowed to play in the tournament.

There are 6 teams. Each team will draft 8 players, enough for 5 starters and 3 substitutes. Managers are not allowed to play. The draft order will be determined prior to the start of the draft and teams will pick in this order. Each team will pick one player, until the final team is reached, after which the draft order reverses and the final team will now get the first pick for the next round, making this a Snake Draft. This process will repeat until every team has a total of 8 players. For the following 5 weeks teams will face off against each other, where winning a round earns 2 points. After the 5th week, the two teams with the most points will advance to the finals where a champion will be crowned.

Signups will be open until we find 6 capable teams. Feel free to contact me on here / PS! / Discord if you have any questions.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Bio: Managed last year and had a great time doing so. Pretty well adversed in most of the metagames in the tournament itself so can offer support to team alongside managing.
Co-Manager: aki0s
Team name: Prosperous Pheromosas
Commitment: We should both be active throughout the majority of the tournament and are committed to fulfilling any roles given.

co manager: Betathunder
Bio: Managed last year for OMSD. Assistant manager of the U.S. East Pokemon Online World Cup team (lmao). Betathunder and I are both pretty well known in the OM community and have been experienced in most of the tiers. Betathunder and I also know each other IRL so we have hype synergy.
Team name: Bodacious Bisharps
Commitment: we dont take naps me and the money way too attached for that

Bio: I really want to manage as I have never done it before, really want an experience
but I promise I will be a nice, good, active manager throughout the tour
Team name: Sliding Surskits
Commitment: I promise by my heart I will be here during everytime, submitting linups, etc
Manager: yours truly
Assman: starry blanket

Last edited:

Aliss

is a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
In with Catalystic :)
Bio: I'm a decently experienced manager myself, having managed in the most recent 1v1PL and assembling qualifying teams in the last 2 WCOPs. While I might not be known as an OM gal, I've been paying attention to OM tours like OMPL and OMGS for a while now, and think I have a decent grasp of both the metagames and the playerbase. Catalystic however is an OM mainstay, playing in the last 2 OMPLs, as well as managing his OM snake team to finals last year.
Team name: Partying Poliwags (Or TBD if we don't get that name)
Commitment: Both Cata and I will be active throughout the tour, submitting lineups etc. and making sure act calls will be avoided as much as possible.

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
Managers: Mateeus & Myself
Bio:
We were both interested in trying out managing since it'd be a new experience for us and we've been in monotype team tours so we thought we'd try this out and do our best if we were given the opportunity
Team name: Victorious Victinis
Commitment: Both of us will be active throughout the tour, and doing our jobs as managers to the fullest of our ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)