OM Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
original thread by Eevee General, then stolen from unfixable
Approved by Eevee General on PS

Sample Teams for starting Other Metagames

Other Metagames has MANY metagames, and that can be frightening to some people first exploring this strange subforum. This thread is here to aid newer players by providing teams that allow them to help learn the metagame they're interested in. This thread is only for popular metagames coded in the smogon's official server on PS! We're trying to open up more people into foreign metagames and posting a team from a metagame that hasn't been played in months does no good to anybody. The metagames that are accepted include Balanced Hackmons, Inverse Battle, Tier Shift, STABmons, Smogon Triples and AAA. We also have a few teams for the challenge formats on Showdown: 2v2 Doubles, Averagemons, and Hidden Type. We'll also accept OMotM teams, but you need to read this post before submitting one.
(PU or FU sample teams can be found here and LC UU sample teams can be found here.)
Before we begin, to keep this in order, there will be a few rules:​
  • This thread will be heavily moderated, any bad team or post will be deleted.
  • This is not an RMT thread! You can post any team you want to have rated here. You can post a team you've RMT'd here, however. If you're posting a team you rmt'd in this thread to serve as a sample team, you can skip the explanations and just link it, but provide the importable here.
  • Be sure to test the team you post in tournaments and on the ladder.
  • Be sure the team you post includes elements of that OM that reflect the overall flavor of how that OM functions.
  • Be sure this team is easy to pick up on and newer players can still use it and learn. Your team could be amazing, the best ever, but if it's too hard to play with unless you're experienced, it's not going to be allowed.
  • Posting replays also will help people see how to play with your team (not required, but is recommended.)
Keep in mind when posting your intent of your actual post. This means do you want your team to showcase the metagame, or do you want it to showcase an underrated playstyle? Things like that!

Here's the format in which your teams should be posted:

Metagame (Balanced Hackmons, AAA, etc.)
Team export (in hide tags)
Short description on how the team works.​

Challenge Formats on Showdown

w0rd / manu 11 Team

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA [Water]
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 SpD [Steel]
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 104 Def / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD [Ghost]
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 SpD [Steel]
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Air Slash

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Last edited:
We are now accepting OMotM/Leader's Choice teams here! However, since this is not a permanent ladder and is more active than the rest, to weed out teams that don't work very well, we'll have additional rules for OMoTM teams that are posted here.

1. Teams are accepted only after a week has passed since the meta has been coded into the server.
2. Teams should have reached at least top 20 in the ladder.
3. GXE of 70+ shouldn't be too much to ask for. Also, shouldn't be more than 200 Elo less than the number one spot. (I'm open to suggestions on this one)

Last edited:
STABmons Stall (Is valid regardless of how the STABmons vote goes! :o)
(just change play rough to moonblast on diancie)

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Play Rough
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Transform
- Seismic Toss

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Precipice Blades
- Recover
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Pretty generic STABmons stall, but I feel like it deserves a post because I haven't seen stabmons stall posted, and it's pretty effective.
Diancie is probably the only unique choice on the stall team, but it's also one of the main reasons why this stall team is actually decent. Diancie checks two things that most stall teams go to extreme lengths trying to check: Hoopa-U and Thundurus. The set is fairly simple, Diamond Storm and play rough are great STABs, Rocks are rocks and Moonlight is a form of recovery, which most walls, especially ones that wall such powerful threats, need. Diancite is used so that it doesn't just succumb to trick, causing my entire team to lose to something like hoopa-u.

Mega Sableye is almost obligatory on STABmons stall, simply because of its ability to stop many defensive mons cold. There was a specific mon I needed to wall (which explains the specially defensive spread), but idr what it was, so w/e. Really good at spreading burns early.

Chansey is an excellent status absorber, and helps me catch some more specially based threats like yanmega off guard. Also my cleric and primary special wall.

Needed a scizor, kanga, Quagsire, and bibarel check here, so quagsire was definitely the top candidate. Not really much to say here, as long as you're not too unlucky with scald you should be able to do things.

Skarmory fulfilled the defogging, secondary physical wall, and phazer, and Skarmory seemed like the best choice immediately, especially with its ability to beat stuff like pin missile scizor, which quag can't always handle. I don't end up using skarm that much throughout most fights, but it's still there.

At this point, the team was super weak to opposing stall, so I just got lazy and slapped on Thundurus because holy shit this thing is bork. I like using this thing over stuff like Hoopa-u, mainly because it's a pest to take down on defensive teams due to oblivion wing bringing insane recovery.

Much of STABmons is focused around countering opposing offensive strategies, and the most people ever do to attempt to fight back at stall teams is slap on a Thundurus or and call it a day. For the most part, it works, which explains why this stall matches up well against others, but diancie's presence severely limits Thundurus's viability. Aside from that, this team is pretty good about beating most of the common things in stabmons. Of course, it still struggles with certain threats like bibarel-pass to a mold breaker, but most of the strategies that can beat this are extremely uncommon.

With Diancie, don't Mega evolve, the bulk is too valuable. Also never let it take status, because once it does, thundurus can eat this team fairly quickly. When using sableye, if you see an opposing sableye, lead with this, mega evolve immediately, and go for knock off if they lead with sab, or will-o if you're in a favorable matchup. Don't let this take too powerful attacks, and try to avoid taunting when other magic bouncers are on the field.
Chansey is pretty simple to use, just don't play too stupidly and you should be fine. Quag goes in the same boat, if you see certain mons like kangaskhan and bibarel, pretty much always switch this in directly. Against aegislash, scout its set before sending quag in, as you do not want to take a shadow ball. Skarmory is similar in terms of brainlessness, and Thundy should typically be brought in on something that's almost certainly a safe switch. Against chanseys, taunt before you set up with nasty plot, and don't let Thundy take attacks that are stronger than a seismic toss. Also don't try to sweep if it's burned, unless you're forced to.

Thundurus and Hoopa-U: If you see this, keep Diancie healthy at all times.
Darkrai: Most things on my team can threaten it, but be wary that if it puts something to sleep and sets up, it's still a massive threat.
Sub/DD/Roost Mega Gyara: Almost impossible for me to cleanly beat, Thundurus has to NP up and try to sweep in order to win against this thing. Skarm can buy it time with whirlwind.

There's obviously alot more threats but they're fairly uncommon

Some things you can try: Counter on Skarmory, Spikes or EQ on Quagsire, switching up the stealth rock/heal bell between chansey and diancie, power gem over diamond storm for a fully special set and more pp.

or if you're struggling against mega gardevoir you can run mr. mime

replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-258334008

Smogon Triples
Hail team

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

Froslass @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Snatch

Glaceon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Yawn
- Detect
- Heal Bell

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Psychic

Mienshao @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Brick Break

Diancie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
Relaxed Nature
- Light Screen
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Trick Room

Teambuilding:
I've played Smogon Triples off and on over the course of a year, and I would say the best thing about triples is the extremely wide variety of usable strategies and themes in a team. I have encountered teams of every weather, and my very first team was a rain team, but I could only remember encountering a decent hail team once. For my fourth team, I created this hail team, which I believe is quite friendly for people new to triples. Hail might not immediately strike people familiar with it as appropriate for Triples, since it is normally used on defensive stall teams. However, raising Blizzard to 100% accuracy while supporting the unusual Ice typing in triples creates an unexpected situation for opponents that they almost certainly did not plan their team for.

Abomasnow is the most obvious core for any hail team due to Snow Warning only existing on it and Aurorus, whose very poor rock/ice typing makes it too frail. M-Abomasnow also has great stats for center position Blizzard sweeping, and normally wins first turn ability-induced weather wars due to its extremely low speed. This low speed goes hand in hand with most Ice types, who also tend to be slow, meaning a Trick Room team is best when using Hail in Triples. The first partner for Abomasnow I chose was Glaceon, who is tied with Kyurem as the second highest SpA legal ice type, (M-Abomasnow is #1) but has a much slower speed and has useful Yawn and Heal Bell utility. The second partner I chose was Froslass, who although is too fast to attack properly in Trick Room, has access to the very useful Snatch move, and can often throw out a very fast Blizzard on turn 1. When building weather based teams that rely on spread moves to quickly sweep enemy teams, it is always a good idea to have good type and utility move coverage, even if it means bringing in pokemon who aren't helped by your choice of weather. No ice type pokemon learns wide guard, only the too-fast Weavile learns feint, and only Weavile, Jinx, and Dewgong learn fake out. (The latter two have no valid use in triples that I am aware of) Fortunately, Hitmontop or Mienshao fit almost any team in Triples, bringing most of the best utility with them. Mienshao's higher speed allows it to block a wider variety of pokemon that might threaten their own Fake Out, while Inner Focus ensures it will never be interrupted by even faster Fake Outs or other flinch moves. With two pokemon left, a choice of Trick Room setter is necessary. Diancie seemed good, as its decent bulk lets it tank most anything except 4x effective steel moves, and the multi-hit Diamond Storm complements Blizzard very well. The final pokemon is Manaphy, because it is my favorite pokemon, and it takes more coverage than just Diamond Storm to beat Sun and Sand teams.

Why the team works:
Trick Room is a very powerful strategy for new people in triples because people low on the ladder can rarely deal with it. (Or anything else, really) Mienshao or Froslass will enable you to go to town with Abomasnow's Blizzard and whatever other spread move you've got out on the field. Diancie's Diamond Storm will easily ohko Charizard-Y and Talonflame, giving you a great chance of beating most sun teams. Manaphy's bulk investment along with being on the side can often let you set up a Tail Glow for free while your opponent is distracted trying to stop Diancie's trick room or trying to get a fire-type ohko on Abomasnow. With Glaceon providing the back-up sweeper role, you can even afford to lose Abomasnow and still have a huge amount of center position Blizzard pressure, while having a final backup plan in Yawn to stop pesky wide guarders. Basically, unlike most multi-hit teams on the low ladder, this team is very well prepared to break through protects and wide guards that normally sink people who come to triples with 6 hyper offensive OU singles pokemon spamming spread moves. Additionally, it is highly resistant to most gimmicks that can scare away people new to triples, which either take way too long to set up before you start nuking everything with spread moves, or are so overloaded with moves related to the gimmick that they can't get through mienshao's wide guard or attack you with proper type coverage for all of your pokemon. To demonstrate this last point, I have a replay of a time I faced a Contrary Skill Swap gimmick team, which I barely even noticed was a gimmick until the end because it fell apart so easily:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogontriples-262526733

In this replay, the only utility which could possibly threaten me is a Teeter Dance from Spinda, and since I normally Protect with Abomasnow and Diancie has a Mental Herb, there was no reason to deviate from the normal plan. It was not until I had defeated Victini that I even considered something weird had happened, since Abomasnow would have fallen gimmick or not, as would Victini on turn 3. Contrary Serperior is fairly slow, but not nearly slow enough to beat a Trick Room team, and had 0 offensive pressure against this team. Salamence has no moves which can possibly ohko Manaphy, and since dragon types are already kind of useless against Hail teams anyway, I knew Manaphy would be a good idea in case Victini turned out to be problematic. As is often the case with many gimmick teams, they end up dedicating so many move slots and pokemon that only serve the gimmick that they don't even consider basic Triples utility moves such as Fake Out, Wide Guard, or Feint.

How to play with the team:
In most situations, you'll want Abomasnow in center position with Diancie on either side. The third pokemon should normally be Mienshao, Froslass, or Manaphy. Choose Froslass when the enemy doesn't seem to have tailwind support that outspeeds Froslass, (Besides the priority Tailwinder's Whimsicott and Talonflame, this is often a flying pokemon) but has lots of ice vulnerabilities that blizzard can blast through. Another reason to lead Froslass is if the opponent has a Meowstic-M, who often runs an Imprison/Trick Room set that will ruin your day if you don't Snatch the Imprison. Since Snatch is priority, if Froslass is still alive for turn 2, you can Snatch away enemy Wide Guards or Light Screens which could stall out your sweep. Choose Mienshao if the enemy seems to be packing both Feint and something that would ohko Abomasnow or Diancie if it hits it, or only has one offensive move that would prevent your trick room, so you can Fake Out that pokemon. In particular, you will almost always want to lead Mienshao against sand teams, who would love to start wrecking you with Earthquake/Rock Slide or a steel type move on Diancie immediately. In particular, Brick Break will ohko Tyranitar before it can threaten to flinch Diancie with Rock Slide or join a double Earthquake combo to kill it. (I don't believe I've ever seen an unboosted singular Earthquake kill Diancie without a crit) Choose Manaphy against teams with lots of fire type pokemon, especially if there is a Heatran, because Blizzard/Diamond Storm will not come close to killing it on turn 2 and you will get roasted otherwise. You can also choose Manaphy if the other team seems to have no good moves against it, since even if it means risking Abomasnow or Diancie, a free Tail Glow could allow you to sweep outside of trick room if Mienshao comes in after Abomasnow or Diancie fall to help protect Manaphy. Froslass will also still be available to Snatch anyone trying to Wide Guard the Surf, or help out with high speed Blizzards.

Having so many different lead possibilities might seem unfriendly for new players, but it's very rare in Triples to have just one combination of three pokemon always in the same spot that is sent out in almost any circumstance. (And of those teams, most of them are not very good at high elo) Many teams have two pokemon who are often different leads every game around one central sweeper, (such as the sand team i'm working on) or even teams with two different adjustable cores to respond to different enemy typings and strategies. I hope that whoever uses this hail team in triples will be able to learn how their lead pokemon can vary every game according to circumstance without feeling overwhelmed by all the possible combinations more complicated teams can have.

Once the game has started, you should see if your flexible lead's moves are appropriate to the enemy leads, and if it looks like you've guessed your flexible lead wrong but Diancie and Abomasnow will probably be ok, consider a switch and sacrificing one of the other leads or Glaceon's focus sash instead if you need that first pokemon's utility for later. Abomasnow should now protect, but don't mega evolve if the enemy has an obvious weather setter who is not yet out on the field, as they may switch it in on turn two and you will want to keep weather control with a turn 2 mega evolution. Sometimes, if the enemy team's offensive typing is poor enough, Abomasnow can get away with throwing out a Blizzard, or a Giga Drain at rain teams, or even a leech seed at pesky but low damage steel types. Either way, Diancie should use Trick Room unless you know it's going to be crushed by multiple super effective moves, in which case you should Protect and try to deal with the threat with Abomasnow or a Mienshao switch-in. This probably won't go wrong in the beginning of the ladder, however. When Trick Room is set up, if there is no enemy wide guard support, let it rip with Blizzard, Diamond Storm, and the utility move of your choice. (Or switch in Glaceon/Manaphy depending on enemy pokemon types)

What to watch out for:

The team in general has trouble dealing with Steel types, which resist all of its multi-hit typings and hit ice types and Diancie super effectively. Aegislash in particular is very pesky, as you must feint a non-ghost type if you want to cancel its Wide Guard, and it can threaten to ohko Diancie if she is in front of it. Heatran is another pest, as Surf can only be safely used while you use Wide Guard or if it is used next to Abomasnow, while its multi-hit fire attacks threaten half the team with quick defeat, so you might need to do some Protect related maneuvering to give Manaphy the Tail Glow boost it needs to wash it away. Leech Seed is useful to slowly wear steel types down, but except for Aegislash, you'll need Mienshao's Brick Break to beat many of them very quickly. If you run into another Trick Room team, (You can easily identify most of them, they tend to have an excessive number of ghosts which aren't Gengar or Froslass, have Aromatisse or Slowking/Slowbro, or a bunch of obscure and normally useless Singles pokemon) you must be very careful at looking at each pokemon's speed, as there's no telling which team will actually benefit from bringing up Trick Room until you take a look. Abomasnow normally outspeeds anything important after it mega evolves except M-Camerupt, who is used in a Frost Breath related Terracott variant. Amoongus cannot affect it at all unless it has Toxic, which Glaceon can cure after Abomasnow wrecks Amoongus with Blizzard.

There are two gimmicky strategies which I want to highlight for new Triples player's sakes, Shedinja teams and Terracott strategies. It is extremely embarrassing and frustrating to lose against Shedinja teams, who thrive on beating people who know little about building triples teams, but this hail team can easily defeat them. In contrast, Terracott is a ferocious threat which can easily dominate the ladder if executed correctly, and you must execute this hail team's first and second turn very precisly in order to have a chance at victory. Losing to Terracott can seem very frightening to people new to Triples because it seems to generate an overwhelming, unstoppable, and downright unfair amount of multi-hit firepower, but a properly constructed team should always have a chance at beating any of its variants.

Vs. Shedinja:
Hail almost automatically wins vs. all Shedinja teams which aren't carrying Safety Goggles, Diamond Storm will break the sash if you Fake Out either of Shedinja's partners in crime, (generally Carbink and Ferrothorn/Audino) and there's always Leech Seed against Shedinja if the Sturdy pass works somehow. Shedinja players who have kept up with the times will send out two Final Gambit users like Lucario and Accelgor first to try and eliminate pokemon on the enemy team who seem like they have the necessary utility to stop the strategy, but you can switch out Abomasnow on turn 1 for Glaceon's focus sash, and sacrifice Manaphy, which has no use vs. Shedinja at all. The sash will allow Glaceon to survive, and if Ferrothorn or whatever tries to change the weather, Abomasnow can come back in and restore the hail. Also, watch out for explosion users, such as Belly Drum Lickilicky and M-Glalie, who you can more easily stop with Mienshao's Fake Out and Wide Guard. If Shedinja somehow gets behind a Substitute with goggles and Sturdy in place, you may be able to pp stall if Diancie racks up several Diamond Storm defense boosts. That should, however, never be necessary against any of the Sturdy Shedinja teams I've encountered if you don't make a mistake. If a Shedinja team does not have any of the usual suspects on it to set up a Sturdy pass, it is either a very rare Wonderpass team, or the opposing player is just not very good at team building. Wonderpass takes up a lot of move slots which will allow you to basically play normally, just make sure to throw Leech Seed at Shedinja as soon as possible or Fake Out whatever pokemon knows Entrainment. (They are probably Lopunny, Hawlucha, or Pangoro)

Vs. Terracott strategies:
Terracott comes from Doubles with Whimsicott using Beat Up to activate Terrakion's Justified ability 6 times, maximizing its attack and instantly defeating almost any pokemon in the game with Rock Slide or Earthquake, and combined with Whimsicott's tailwind will easily 6-0 any team which is unprepared. (Or 4-0 as in the case of Battle Spot) Triples just makes the problem worse, as with a second support, Terracott users have a way to shore up its weaknesses to Trick Room, Taunt, redirection shenanigans, and Wide Guard. (Phazing and Haze are very uncommon in Triples, with the exception of the occasional Red Card) Fortunately, nobody running Terracott can counter every one of its weaknesses all at the same time, which allows many types of teams to be built against it without overly centralizing team building. The most popular Terracotts seem to use Whimsicott, Weavile, or Meowstic as their supports these days, though there are many other possibilities such as Follow Me/Rage Powder support. So that this team description doesn't last all day, I will only describe how to get by Whimsicott/Weavile supporting Terrakion, as it is the most popular combination currently. (Cobalion, Lucario, and M-Gallade can also be played identically, though their damage is lower or can't sweep all 3 of your pokemon at the same time) This hail team does not have a very simple sure-fire to get through Terracott, so the following sequence of events took me a very long time to develop. To lead, send Abomasnow to the left spot, Mienshao to the middle, and Diancie to the right.

If Diancie is in front of Whimsicott, you're in good shape, as Mental Herb will prevent Whimsicott from stopping Trick Room. If Whimsicott itself uses Trick Room to stop you, you'll need to develop your own strategy on the fly, because the correct sequence of moves and switches starts to depend a lot more on outguessing your opponent rather than a single sure-fire move order. Normally, they only have two of Encore/Protect/Taunt, so you'll probably be ok. Use Fake Out on Terrakion so that you will be certain it will not attack on the first turn. Abomasnow will likely eat the Fake Out from Weavile if you don't use Protect, so use it. On turn two, you've probably got Trick Room up, so use Brick Break to ohko Weavile, Giga Drain on Terrakion, then switch out Diancie for Manaphy to get around a possible Encore which would undo your Trick Room. (An Encore on Mienshao won't impact things much, the Weavile kill isn't that important) After the hail damage from turn one, this is an almost guaranteed kill on Terrakion, setting you up to sweep easily. (And if not, the hail will kill it afterwards, and most Terracott people don't have a reliable back up plan) If Terrakion was able to protect turn 2, have Manaphy use Psychic on turn 3 to heavily weaken Terrakion, and then have Abomasnow use Giga Drain again or Blizzard to finish it off.

If Diancie is in front of Weavile, you will have to settle for only a 75% or so chance of setting up Trick Room and having a good chance to win. This time, Diancie will use Trick Room right away, Mienshao will Fake Out Terrakion, and Abomasnow will use Blizzard. If Weavile went for the Feint, Trick Room will be up right away and you will take basically no damage at all, setting up an easy sweep against the now slow as dirt Terrakion using Diamond Storm + Feint + Giga Drain on Terrakion. If Weavile goes for the Fake Out instead on Diancie and both Whimsicott and Terrakion protected themselves from Blizzard, use Trick Room again, while Mienshao uses Wide Guard, and Abomasnow now uses Blizzard. (If Whimsicott is already dead from trying to Taunt Mienshao on turn 1, you can Giga Drain Terrakion instead if Blizzard won't hurt the switch in much) Diancie's defenses are too high for a +6 Rock Slide to kill even after hail damage, (This is in fact the main purpose of the defense investment rather than SpD) giving you a somewhere near 75% chance to set up Trick Room and win with Glaceon and Manaphy switch-ins. If Weavile attempts to guarantee Diancie being knocked out with Knock Off instead of the Feint, Wide Guard will block the spread damage of both Earthquake and Rock Slide. Earthquake + Feint or a Close Combat on Diancie also ensures Abomasnow will survive to defeat Terrakion, while beating Abomasnow instead allows the Trick Room, so Glaceon can come in on turn 3 to sweep alongside Diamond Storm. If Terrakion was never damaged seriously, you will need to switch in Manaphy instead, as you will need Surf + Feint + Diamond Storm to guarantee the K.O. . In the case of Trick Room failing due to Diancie falling, Froslass or Manaphy can then come in to salvage the Trick Room-less situation, since Whimsicott would have had no chance to both Tailwind and Beat Up. Manaphy will not outspeed anything at 90 speed or higher, however. Do watch out for Weavile's Knock Off on Froslass though, as it will ohko if you don't Protect against it and you might not be able to salvage the situation without your fastest sweeper. There actually are several other usable turn orders that I know of which don't rely on flinch chance at any point, but they involve sacrificing most of the team to get diancie switched out and then back in, so I don't believe they are good for beginners.

Higher MMR Replays:
I've collected some replays from a higher spot up on the ladder to demonstrate how this team can still pull through even when the basic strategy is thwarted in various ways.

Wrong Lead, Win Anyway
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-308762068
Seeing Talonflame and Rotom-H, I send out Manaphy to counter, but neither is sent out. Froslass would have been a better choice, as a turn 1 Blizzard would have dealt major damage, and even if it died Mienshao would be available for the feint on turn two. I go for the turn 1 Abomasnow Blizzard but get blocked, while the mechanics of Pledge moves leave Diancie free to set up TR. My opponent sends in the two main threats, but they certainly aren't safe to come in with Diancie out. The TR is un-done, but Diancie is so bulky that the failure to double target lets me bring it right back up. Giga Drain wipes out Mr. Mime, and I once again tank a super-effective move. After that, there's nothing left to stop Blizzard.

Who Needs Trick Room?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-315957766
I must have been thinking M-Aggron was going to use Earthquake, which Diancie would tank, but instead I get dunked on by Iron Tail. However, the Tail Glow threat from Manaphy lures attention away from Abomasnow, allowing a Fake Out of Aggron to allow for Blizzard to go through anyway. Surf barely scratches Abomasnow, but I probably didn't need to use that, and could have gone for +6 instead. Brick Break whittles down Aggron, while I mistakenly use Psychic instead of Surf, since I couldn't remember if Aggron or Darmanitan could learn Wide Guard or not. (They can't) Another Surf finishes things off while Cobalion turns out to be useless.

Rain Dance Rains On My Parade
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-328433812
The combination of having to take Diancie out due to the OHKO threat from Metagross and an unexpected Rain Dance forces me into a difficult position. Blizzard's reliability goes way down outside of the Hail, and I miss several times. However, the switch out of Metagross on the same turn as Mienshao dies gives me a safe switch in of Diancie to set up Trick Room, since Milotic has no way to stop it. Froslass can now go out for Abomasnow, but my Surf does very little damage thanks to Light Screen. On turn 5, I sense a lack of offensive pressure and set up a Tail Glow, while Blizzard continues to whittle down the opposition as Klefki gets scared out and doesn't use Rain Dance again. Diancie isn't needed anymore so I get ready to surf after the Diamond Storm to get a safe switch, but Togekiss moves first and does it for me. Light Screen continues to stall me out until Trick Room wears off, but the threat of Manaphy lures the Air Slash away from Abomasnow and lets me throw out the Leech Seed. Hail gets stalled out though and I miss an important blizzard on turn 10 that lets Klefki come back in for free. I need hail back if i'm going to win, so I do some switching shenanigans to give it a chance to exit and re-enter, and Turn 11 is the critical moment. If my opponent had gone for Froslass instead of Abomasnow, I wouldn't have been able to get off the Life Orb boosted Blizzard that ties things up. With Trick Room down, Destiny Bond easily out speeds Metagross for the K.O.. Leech Seed doesn't follow Milotic after the automatic center, which I didn't realize, so a Mirror Coat after my Giga Drain probably would have won for my opponent. Most games in Triples don't last this many rounds, and it takes a lot of switching to keep weather or Trick Room up over the long run.

Suspect Test On Yawn Any Day Now
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-330513327
I looked for the Giga Drain on Azumarill but the unexpected Fake Out targeting throws me off. I need Mienshao's Fake Out again, so I sacrifice Froslass, knowing that it would ignore Return or Power-Up Punch if Kangaskhan went for it. Trick Room can go up now, and I can block the Aqua Jet, while Sucker Punch won't do much damage to Abomasnow. The Diamond Storm boosts are really stacking up now, which will be decisive later. On turn 4 I predict the priority and rack up more Diamond Storm boosts, while Yawn outspeeds Aegislash, who is one of the worst Pokemon for this team to face and needs to be disabled for long periods. The incoming sand is a big problem, so I must save Snow Warning and send in Manaphy. Detect prevents any steel or rock moves from threatening Glaceon so that Yawn can do its thing. My opponent makes a mistake and uses Protect too many times in a row, allowing Abomasnow a free switch-in, and letting Manaphy boost nearly unopposed. The Diamond Storm boosts allow me to set Trick Room up again even in the face of 4x effective Iron Head, while I go to work on trying to kill Aegislash. Things look bleak on turn 8 due to the type disadvantage, but the second Trick Room decided the game with a Glaceon Blizzard, demonstrating how Diamond Storm's boosting can be invaluable. A funny duel between Glaceon and Excadrill takes place at the end.

Abomasnow Vs. Rain Teams
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-330522721
Abomasnow's 4x resistance to water generally means it is the only thing you need standing to beat rain teams no matter what variety they are, though sometimes there can be close calls where you don't have time to set up Leech Seeds and need to survive through Giga Drain. In this match, my opponent obviously needs to set up rain dance first, and without Politoed the most likely setter is Klefki. I try to wait it out by not Mega-evolving right away, and since the team looks slow I predict it is also a Trick Room team, allowing me to keep Diancie safe from the water. There's no enemy offensive pressure until turn 3, so I just keep clicking Blizzard. Finally, the Rain Dance occurs, so I can mega evolve at last. On turn 4 I set up a Light Screen since it's obviously a Surf spamming Water Absorb team, and then start fishing for freezes, but the damage gets a lot more out of hand that I expected. Diamond Storm and Giga Drain take out Lapras, giving Abomasnow some necessary health back. I fail to notice the Safeguard on turn 5 so Glaceon dies for nothing, but since Manaphy is still alive, there's nothing my opponent can do while my screen is still up.

Freeze Hax is a Legitimate Strategy
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-330542886
In this match my opponent has three of the worst Pokemon possible for this team to face, Aegislash, Heatran, and Talonflame, so I can't even think about sending out Abomasnow, and all I can do is hope Aegislash isn't in front of Diancie so it can set up Trick Room while Mienshao covers it with Fake Out. All three of them come out on the first turn, but Aegislash is on the wrong side, so Fake Out on Heatran makes it impossible for my Trick Room to be stopped. I throw out a Destiny Bond hoping for a K.O. on Aegislash, but my opponent doesn't go for it and starts boosting. Talonflame protects itself from Diamond Storm, and Heatran decides not to go for the K.O with Flash Cannon on Diancie, but misses Froslass with Heat Wave. That would have killed Heatran as well if it had hit, but it now allows the freeze hax to begin on Aegislash. Brave Bird is sent to the wrong target on turn 3, letting Abomasnow escape extreme damage. Yet another Heat Wave dodge by Froslass, who is not using Snow Cloak, allows for the freeze hax to continue and punish the greedy boost by Aegislash. With Aegislash disabled I am free to spam on turn 4, but the typing is against me. Manaphy's bulk investment and Sitrus Berry easily allow it to tank the Thunder from Rotom-W. My opponent tries to stall out the hail and whittle me away with Toxic from Blissey, but Heal Bell shuts down that strategy. M-Altaria somehow tanks a blizzard with 1% left, but Yawn + Detect ensures it won't be able to get in a late game sweep.

Snatching A Victory
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-330618442
My opponent was above 1500 elo in rating earlier that day and well within the top 20 on the ladder. After he beat my sand team multiple times already in the same day, (It has too many ground vulnerabilities) I switched things up for a bit and went back to Hail. M-Aerodactyl runs Wide Guard and Sky drop, but Abomasnow is too heavy for Sky Drop, and since I knew it didn't seem to use Rock Slide, Abomasnow had an opening to attack on turn 1. I protect with Diancie predicting a Sky Drop to block my Trick Room, but he goes for Mienshao instead to remove my utility option. This turns out to be a mistake, as the freeze hax on Rotom-W allows Diancie to set up Trick Room on turn 2 unopposed. The Giga Drain is used to remove the Rock Slide threat instead of throwing out a Blizzard to kill M-Aerodactyl, because of the special surprise I had coming for after Mienshao falls. Froslass is so rare in triples that my opponent didn't see the Snatch coming, so even after the sash saves Rhypherior, i'm totally protected and the hail finishes it off. On turn 4 I sacrifice Abomasnow to go for a single target Giga Drain on M-Aerodactyl, but I probably should have used Snatch again and used Blizzard in case of a Protect. Machamp can learn Wide Guard, but I knew this particular Machamp was a Choice Band offensive variant. Without Wide Guard, I can pick up the victory.

Last edited:
Bumping this with an announcement.

Since Zangooser has put up such a great resource thread that contains AG sample teams, we're no longer accepting sample teams for AG here. If you want to submit an AG sample team, consult Zangooser about it in PM or wall post on smogon (maybe even PS).

Monotype teams are no longer exclusively hosted here either since the resource present in the room's website is superior to the one we have here (i.e none >_>). Sample teams for mono can be found here.

Last edited:
[23:31:27] @imas234: p-please
[23:31:35] NOC Hell's Spawn: but I don't have many replays ;-;
[23:32:15] @imas234: you don't need replays

Alright imas, you asked for a BH sample team, and though this is a WIP RMT, I'll post it. I will warn you all, it is HYPER OFFENSE.

(Closest I have to a banner for this. Also happens to be my avatar.)
HELL'S SPAWN
A BH Modern Stall Team

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Soft-Boiled
- Skill Swap
- Metal Burst

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform
- Soft-Boiled
- Parting Shot
- Topsy-Turvy

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Parting Shot
- Heal Bell

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 6 Atk / 154 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

Arceus-Ghost @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Dark Void

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Heal Order
- Substitute
- Spiky Shield
- Curse

Alright, let's get started.

So this team was started as a team I wanted to make cause I am addicted to teambuilding. As such, I didn't quite have my eyes set on a particular playstyle, but Imposter Chansey hopelessly fits right in on every playstyle. After that, this team permeated through several playstyles, including Regigigas offense, until arriving at stall. Once at stall, I ended up slapping Magic Bounce Registeel, as it functions so well on stall as an -Ate wall and status/hazard wall. Next came Unaware Mega Audino, as I wanted something that could shut down common powerful special attackers. With this focus in mind, I then slapped on Fur Coat Chansey to help deal with them, (though it doesn't do to well, it just walls practically EVERYTHING). Then Flash Fire Mega Aggron was added as I rarely run a stall team without it as it is good to switch in on almost anything because Fire type moves are everywhere. PH Arceus was added as I didn't know what to add other than something not named Giratina, since I use it in ways it wasn't meant to be used in (sweeping people), but it gives me some solid presence. Eventually, I realized that Mega Aggron wasn't doing enough for the team as sacking fodder, and replaced it with something I didn't want to add (Poison Heal Giratina) as it counters so much I had trouble with.

Why this team Works:

Regardless, this team works because it can take a number of blows while wearing away at an opposing team like erosion; it eats away at your enemy until they have nothing left to switch into that nasty Facade from Arceus, or that they just forfeit when a battle takes too long to end that they just quit. Either way, you tend to win long enough to get somewhere on the ladder.

In Layman Terms:
1. It stallz.
2. People hate being stalled.
3. People don't like being forced to bring stallbreakers.
4. People forfeit when fighting stall without using a stallbreakers.

How to use this team

There really isn't a specific way to use this team. All you have to know is that if you see something, scout it ahead with Chansey. Is it an -ate mon? Use Registeel. is it a MM2Y? Send in Non-Imposter Chansey. Is it Mega Gengar? Send in Mega Audino. Can they hurt you? Send in your PH mon of choice and start killing stuff. In short, just play smart with this team.

What Scares This Team

Standard Dialga: I have nothing to switch into this monster's Doom Desire safely. This makes walling it very hard.
Mega Mewtwo X: This thing is in a very similar rut to Dialga, only this thing is completely unpredictable. It can be a Mixed, Choice Band, Special, Defensive, and Supportive set all at the same time. -Ate sets, however, are the most problematic, as they kill Giratina, my best counter.
Mono Chansey/Blissey stall: While Arceus can auto-win versus this, it requires that I kill everything in one shot, or Metal Burst will instantly kill it, and ensures a stall war without any fun.
Mono Mega Mewtwo Y: This thing is something I don't have enough checks to.
Magic Bounce Giratina: A well played MBounce Giratina beats both of my main Pokemon (PH Tina and PH Arceus), and forces me to go down to psychological warfare.
Flint: His skills are impossible to check or counter, and he can never be hard walled.

Replays

Only this.

Rate My Team

If you like this team, you can rate it here.

Last edited:
tyranitar-mega.gif
MRayquaza_ORAS.gif
gengar-mega.gif
chansey.gif
giratina (1).gif
MAudino_ORAS.gif

Balanced Hackmons
Mega Rayquaza and Mega Tyranitar Balance
The Vengeful One (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear

King of Pringles (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Ugin (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- U-turn

Pink Blob of Doom (Chansey) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Anafenza (Audino-Mega) (F) @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Heal Order

All Nightmare Long (Gengar-Mega) (M) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- Shell Smash

Teambuilding: Generally when i build BH teams, i don't go out looking to build around a certain core or Pokemon. I often find that building that way leads to forcing cores that don't work. So generally i just try to "out do" the meta. The original team had Red Orb Groudon and Mega Rayquaza, but i switched to Mega Tyranitar for more of a "sweeper" and something else that beat Mega Ray's Counters. Speaking of Mega Ray, i chose a pretty standard set. Aerliate is good in just about any match up because it always beats something on the opponent's team. Mega Tyranitar is an amazing bulky PH set up sweeper, and beats almost all -ate counters. Mega Gengar traps and kills Shedinja, which can trouble both sets. Mega Ttar can beat Shed with Knock Off and Sacred Fire with a little bit of luck, but you might lose that match up. The main Defensive core of this team is Chansey and Giratina, backed up by Audino. Chans counters most -ate sets, MM2y and other powerful special attackers. Giratina can counter MM2x sets and Primal Groudon sets. Mega Audino synergies with the core by countering Knock Off users that otherwise trouble this team, such as Mega Tyranitar and Yveltal. It also counters Spooky Judgement sets such as Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo Y.

How to use this Team: Mega Tyranitar is the primary wincon, thanks to its natural bulk and Aerliate resistance, it can easily sweep many BH teams. If you wish to change this team i suggest building the other offensive sets more around eliminating its counters. The idea is to use the defensive core to switch into offensive threats and then pivot to Mega Tyranitar or Mega Ray. This pivoting also helps Mega Gengar trap Shedinja. Occasionally you will stall out a team, but it usually doesn't happen.

Why this Team Works:
Mega Tyranitar and Mega Ray eliminate most of the meta together. Both are good at wearing down potential counters. The defensive core can switch into most of the offensive threats in the meta. The team also carries good utility and support moves.

What Scares this Team.

Specs Mega Ray- 2hkos Chans, so no switch ins.

Diancie- we have a check in Gengar and a Counter in Chans, but it destroys everything else on the team. We would much rather see non Specs Mega Ray.

Sleep Spam- To be fair what BH team isn't a little scared of Sleep spam? Just try to stay on Tyranitar/Audino/Giratina, and hope you don't see something with Spore that beats them.

Tinted Lens Dialga- We can actually counter with Chans, but its still Sp00py.

Stall teams with multiple counters for Ray and TTar- can anyone say "bad matchup"

Replays-
Currently Down.
see the silly things thread.

Maybe Imas stops harassing me now y/y

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
So the STABmons Type Restrictions Tournament is now over, and I thought I'd dump a couple of my teams here (the ones I used in the last two rounds):

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Oblivion Wing
- Solar Beam
- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Power Gem

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Wish
- King's Shield

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Stoutland @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower

Restrictions for this round:
  • Fairy-type pokemon are banned. (Gen VI without Fairies!)
  • New Psychic-type moves are banned. (Bye-bey Psystrike and Healing Wish!)
  • New status Steel-type moves are banned. (rip King's Shield)
  • New physical Dark-type moves are banned. (how's that, Tyranitar?)
  • New special Grass-type moves are banned. (screw Diancie)
Teambuilding: So this was a pretty fun team I made based around Spike Stack. Spike Stack is one of my favourite playstyles in STABmons right now, and it has great synergy with the best mon in the tier, Spin Doge. So for this team I started with Chesnaught, as it is a pretty neat physical wall and sets spikes. I then added obligatory Spin Doge to check fast and frail mons as well as set up spam, and as hazard removal that leaves my spikes up. Next I wanted a rocker cuz more hazards is great. I selected Jirachi, as SpD Rachi is such an excellent check to the majority of the special attacking meta rn and it can pass wishes to Chesnaught and slow down faster things it walls with Paralysis via Body Slam. NOTE: I had to run Protect cuz rip King's Shield for this round, but if you steal this team you might as well run King's Shield. Because this is Spike Stack, I next wanted some wallbreakers, to capitalize on the extra damage and rip gigantic holes in teams :D Hoopa-U and Mega Zard Y were my choices as a physical wallbreaker and special wallbreaker respectively. Hoopa-U runs Scarf to give it a chance against offense, and I elected to run the 4 attacks physical set for increased revenge killing capabilities. Hyperspace Fury is the main STAB, Zen Headbutt is the other STAB (also hits mons like Terrakion). Fire Punch bops Scizor/Ferrothorn, while Gunk Shot is mainly for Clefable. If Lando-T or Dragons are a problem Ice Punch can be used over Zen Headbutt (in fact I'm thinking of making this change myself as I never really find myself clicking Zen Headbutt :\). Zard Y is the standard special attacking set. Blue Flare is so spammable and powerful in Sun, Solarbeam bops bulky Waters and Oblivion Wing is a handy STAB for recovery. Sleep Talk is because I hate Sableye lol and Zard Y can switch in and win. Finally, I needed a late game sweeper. I selected RP Special TTar because I wanted to try something new, and it looked fun :] Lum Berry is for annoying Sableye/Whimsicott and the set is rather simple, just Fire Blast for Skarm, Ice Beam for Dragons, and Power Gem for a STAB attack. I was tempted to use this because originally new special ROCK-type moves were banned for this round, then Brawl MK changed it to Grass-type moves, so this allowed me to try this set :p

How the team works: This team is based around setting as many hazards as possible with Jirachi and Chesnaught, then bashing stuff around with Zard Y and Hoopa-U, before hopefully cleaning with TTar, unless the wallbreakers can kill everything lol. It's really as simple as that, with 2 excellent wallbreakers, a late-game cleaner, hazard setters, and a very solid defensive backbone to fall back on if necessary (Jirachi/Chesnaught are very bulky and cover a lot of the meta).

How to play with the team: Get hazards up first. Then, bring in Hoopa-U or Zard Y safely and start bashing stuff. Jirachi and Chesnaught are pretty good at this, as Seeding the opponent or paralyzing them buys you free turns as they switch. If they remove hazards, kill their hazard remover and repeat. Clean with TTar when TTar can clean, or use it if you need the coverage midgame--Scarf Hoopa-U is dangerous late game as well. Really simple team to understand and use imo, just set hazards and keep up the offensive pressure.

What to watch out for: As this team was made not too long ago and just for this round, I obviously haven't tested it against every threat in STABmons, so I'm just going to mention a few things I believe could be troublesome.

RP Lando-T looks like a problem. For the most part, stuff can handle it, but it can set up on Chesnaught basically for free (especially if you mispredict and use Spiky Shield the turn they RP cuz you think it's choice locked). It also sets up on anything Most of the other mons can handle it if it hasn't set up yet though (albeit Jirachi only has a 60% chance to paralyze it). If it gets that RP up thought, it can basically sweep the rest of the team. It can be played around by either setting up TTar first, or by simply keeping up the pressure with Zard Y. Stoutland can rk it if it doesn't run bulk, but you need to sack 2 things because it needs 2 Fake Outs + 1 ESpeed to kill it, and a safe switch in. Overall it looks like a pain in the ass that can be handled, but it will take a huge chunk out of the team.

Kube is like, a problem to every single team ._. It has a bunch of different sets and if it runs something you weren't expecting it could be an issue. Should be able to rk it w/ Stout or Hoopa-U or Zard Y tho, again, just don't let it set up or attack lol, and setting up a bunch of hazards first definitely helps

Talonflame and opposing Zard Y get a shoutout for being stronk asf as both can demolish the defensive backbone of my team with ease. Stout can rk both, however, and Tyranitar eliminates sun/beats Talon most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Metagame: AAA
How it works:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-legendary-kennel.3553699/#post-6488860
Importable
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Desolate Land
Rash Nature
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sleep Talk
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Suicune @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Cobalion @ Fist Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Close Combat

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Memento

Last edited:
I'm going to contribute to this once again. I made this rmt specifically for use as a sample team so if you're using the team I recommend you read through the thing to get an idea of the meta.

Metagame: AAA
Team type: Some sort of bulky offense
How it works: It's all here.
Importable:
Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Discharge
- Roost
- Toxic

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Skarmory @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Protect

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dropping This because I told Imas I would.

Metagame: Inverse Battle
Team type: Balance
How it works: With The RMT you can find by clicking this.
Importable:
Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Roar
- Avalanche

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Metagame: Inheritance
Team Type: Balance
How it works: The RMT
Import/Export:

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Encore
- Safeguard

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Steel Wing
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Chansey @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Metal Burst

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Desolate Land
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Metagame:
Balanced Hackmons
Team Type: Sandstorm Balance
How it works: Sand performs a multitude of useful functions in BH. Among these are killing non-safety goggles Shedinja, bolstering the Special Defense of Rock-type Pokémon massively, and adding pesky residual damage. This team is built around a core of Tinted Lens Dialga and Magnet Pull Xerneas with several pivots to allow both to switch in safely. Assault Vest Regirock is the go-to pivot when you want to get something in safely - With titanic 80/200 physical bulk, and base 100 Special Defense increased by both the Assault Vest and the Sandstorm, it is almost guaranteed to get a threat in safely. This team lacks Imposter support, so take care to not let anything get boosted out of control.

Import/Export:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Parting Shot

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Level: 99
Sassy Nature
- Roost
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Metal Burst

Xerneas @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast

Regirock @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm
- U-turn

Dialga @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Heal Order
- Doom Desire
- Tail Glow

Tyranitar-Mega @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Slack Off
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Metagame: BH
Team Type: Bulky Nuke Offense
How it Works:
Nothing too extraordinary. Use Registeel as your main damage absorber, phazor, status dealer, and pivot to try and get latios or megaray in as much as you can. Giratina PH can be used to come in on things that Registeel cannot take 2 hits from (see MewtwoMegaX that is not protean with DM). Latios is your primary form of nuking and does the job quite well, with Tinted Soul Dew basically making a mockery of the tier (Psystrike can ohko opposing Latios Mega for example). You can use MewtwoMegaX as a way to get in the faces of threatening Dark types, who can defeat Latios with Sucker/Pursuit mindgames, as well as set SR up against Steel types for Shedinja, or kill it directly. Registeel takes care of Imposters for Megaray and Latios, while Giratina can come in on m2x, and is itself resistant to Imposter. Since this team is so nuke and momentum oriented, it is wise to try and act quickly in the face of setup. Moves such as WW or Dragon Tail. can be added if you find yourself losing to them consistently. Overall it is a basic team that is a good place for new players to start out with and modify according to their needs and wants, while being good against the majority of the ladder as is. It is why I give this team out very often to beginning players and I'm sure others can attest to its success, with many of my sets, especially the Latios, found in other teams as well.
Notable Replay:
I can't seem to find many so I'll just post this:
Vs Adrian Marin (Prototype version of team)http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-189636134
Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- King's Shield
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor

Registeel @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Nuzzle
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 125
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- Magic Coat
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Close Combat

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald

Last edited:

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub

Inheritance
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Trick

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

Team Type: Balance
How it works: Suicune + Chansey form a really nice core that requires a decently strong mixed attacker, a strong physical attacker, or setup special attacker to break. Greninja is a nice mon to lead with, as it outspeeds most things, ohkoing the majority of offensive mons that dont resist it, and 2hkoing non-Chansey walls, including physically defensive Suicune and specially defensive Cresselia (that's 120/130 bulk!). Once the physically defensive walls have been weakened, Staraptor can sweep with an ESpeed that ohkos Pokemon up to 95/90 physical bulk uninvested without stealth rocks. Metagross can OHKO many offensive mons with its coverage, and can 2hko some physical walls like Suicune. Krookodile is the main wallbreaker on the team, reaching an impressive 713 attack stat after Hustle + Life Orb and destroying things with STAB EQ and Sucker Punch.
To compare, Krookodile's Sucker Punch is marginally stronger than Jolly Scarf Victini's V-Create

What to watch out for: Sash Protean Azelf can generally get off a couple kills on this team, landing super effective hits on all 6 mons. Non Sash can easily be revenge killed, as 3 of the mons either carry priority or plain outspeed. Banded Aerilate Lando-T can also pose a threat, being able to 2hko anything with the right prediction, but Staraptor is immune to Earthquake/Suicune isnt 2hkoed, and Metagross is only 3hkoed by Return.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Ladies and Gentlemen! I welcome you to the Chansey gets no boost 350 cup team!
Metagame: 350 cup
Team Type: Offense
How this team works:
This team is surprisingly just a brutally offensive team you can use as you got many quite a few options to set up on Pokemon like Shroomish, Xerneas, and Arceus. I'll show the plans of each Pokemon on this team.

Chansey

I DON'T GET BOOST (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Ahh Chansey, the one Pokemon that does not have stats doubled and has below 700,600, and even below 500 BST! Chansey is basically a recovery system just in case one of the Pokemon in the team has a bad condition like a burn for example. It can also KO the physical attackers easily with Counter as well as do some damage to the defensive Pokemon with Seismic Toss. It's most needed when a really defensive Pokemon's pp is drained down at the most but still useful either way.

Shroomish

Ha, Chansey (Shroomish) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

One of the main Pokemon on this team who apparently makes fun of Chansey because of its boosted stats; This Pokemon is a shocking offense to the opponents. Most Shroomish in the metagame have defensive sets and moves while this physical one with Swords Dance stands out just in case it's ready to attack. Seed Bomb is a move for STAB and Drain Punch is for recovery if it's needed.

Xerneas

2 STRONG 4 BOOST (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Psychic
Ahh, typical Xerneas! Xerneas is used as a set up special sweeper like always but like my other Pokemon in this team, this Xerneas stands out as different. Why you may ask? It's because yes it generally has Geomancy to boost its stats up, Moonblast to do heavy STAB damage to the opponent, and Substitute to get away from status when it has the chance too; but Psychic? Xerneas has Psychic just in case it gets to use its Geomancy and the opponent brings out a deadly Poison-type Pokemon that are really common in the metagame like Koffing, Skorupi, Foongus, or Skrelp. After Psychic takes on those deadly Poison-types then usually it gets the chance to start sweeping. Steel types are still a threat though but they are much less common and usually handled by other Pokemon like Mienfoo and Arceus.

Skrelp

Ha Ha Chansey (Skrelp) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse

Choice Specs Skrelp is really a current test subject on the team but its main strategy is to take down tough opponents with STAB moves. With Adaptability Sludge Wave and Hydro Pump, it could tear down opponents to shreds. Its only downfall at the moment is its lack of speed as it has only 156. Scald is a move usually for if you think it would still do a lot of damage anyways and you hope it would burn the opponent. It still works successfully either way.

*= Has 350 boosts added in effective areas of defense.

Each of these Pokemon (excluding Skrelp) has max Special Defense and HP EVs and IVs with high Special Defense Nature meaning that there is a low chance any of these Pokemon could have that.

Here are some Calculations of Skrelp's attacks against bulky Pokemon.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Skrelp Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 204-242 (56 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

*252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Skrelp Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shroomish: 408-484 (91.8 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Skrelp Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 174-206 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO (Yeah uh, don't use Skrelp against Chansey)

*252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Skrelp Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Staravia: 310-366 (73.1 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Skrelp Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO

Arceus

3 STRONG 5 BOOST (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Yes, you know it! It's the typical Swords Dance Extreme Speed Arceus sweep set. This set is great in Ubers and not bad in 350 cup. Just because some Pokemon got more boost doesn't mean Arceus still can't sweep. Extreme Speed is a pretty harsh STAB move that cuts through opponents but more slowly since a lot of these 350 cup Pokemon gain a ton of HP and Defense.

These Pokemon all have maximum Defense and HP.

+2 252 Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Shroomish: 207-244 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefairy: 219-258 (45.2 - 53.3%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowpoke: 178-210 (31.5 - 37.2%) -- 83.1% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Foongus: 229-270 (48.5 - 57.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Froakie

lol Chansey (Froakie) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

This Protean user is fairly strong and extremely fast at 421 speed. It can shift through moves like Grass Knot and Ice Beam while making them STAB moves to do more damage while it has the other option of making a quick escape using U-Turn. Froakie itself doesn't have that many options for coverage moves so it's best to use these excluding U-Turn if you don't like.

Why would this team work???

This team generally works mainly because of its many options of offense attacks from physical to special along with the coverage moves it holds with many types including Water, Grass, Ice, Fairy, Psychic, Ground, Ghost, Poison, Dragon, Fighting, and somewhat Bug. Setting up is also a big thing this team has that allows to it overtake other teams when used with no big interruptions.
I DON'T GET BOOST (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Ha, Chansey (Shroomish) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

2 STRONG 4 BOOST (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Psychic

Ha Ha Chansey (Skrelp) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse

3 STRONG 5 BOOST (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

lol Chansey (Froakie) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Don't worry Chansey. You're still really good! You have really high HP and SpD to defend against enemies, Counter to K.O. Physical Pokemon, Softboiled to recover from the HP you lose, and best of all, since you don't have access of getting stats boosted by double the amount, you get Eviolite! This makes you one of the most special Pokemon out there Chansey!

Yes. I really mean it Chansey. You are special.

:)

:D

Last edited:
There were no Averagemons teams so I figured I might as well post it, even though its already a RMT and is on Ransei's Weebly.

Averagemons Stall

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Absol is surprisingly a great special wall and wishpasser. Its starting ability, Pressure, is great for taking out opponents that abuse low PP moves, while its mega ability, Magic Bounce, helps it function as a stallbreaker and a form of hazard control. It is also my primary way to work around Taunt, as you can often bounce Taunt back at the user. Its EVs are to max out its special walling capabilities while still having a little bit of speed investment to catch things off guard. Wish and Protect let Absol have recovery and function as a Wishpasser in case Clefable is at low HP or fainted. Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp are both for reducing an opposing Pokemon's attack power. Knock Off lets it tank hits from things such as the Nidos (Nidoking and Nidoqueen) even better once their life orb is gone, while Will-O-Wisp drastically reduces the sweeping capabilities of physical sweepers. The main reasons to use this over Mega Sableye are its Dark and Ghost type resistances (as well as its looks!) However, if you would prefer Mega Sableye for its ability to wall Fighting Types or Poison Types, a moveset with Recover / Will-O-Wisp / Knock Off / Taunt performs many of the same roles.

Ho-Oh @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Assault Vest Ho-Oh is a great pivot. Its superb special bulk and regenerator allow it to easily switch in on most Primal Groudon (if it has no Rock Type moves), Nidoking/queen (non-Rock Slide sets), and Serperior sets. Its EVs maximize its special bulk while keeping its HP at an odd number so that Stealth Rock doesn't take it below half. Sacred Fire is a great move due to its power and high burn chance, Brave bird is a more powerful STAB, Earthquake is used against stuff such as Nidoking, and Iron Head is primarily filler, but helps against stuff like non-physically defensive magic guard Clefable.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Since this team has Ho-Oh, it needed a really good defogger. In addition to being a typical defogger, Arceus-Steel is a physical wall and status spreader with a great defensive typing. It, despite being physically invested, is quite capable of walling Pokemon such as Dragalge and the Staryu line. It also walls a plethora of physically offensive Pokemon, such as Sheer Force Totodile line, physical Mawile, Mega Gyarados (assuming it doesn't have multiple boosts up already), and Beedrill. Judgment allows it to damage some Fairy, Ice, and Rock types, as well as not forcing it to struggle while Taunted. Recover is the much-needed recovery move. Defog clears hazards, letting Ho-Oh switch in and keeping Spikes off the field. Will-O-Wisp is used to cripple any physical attackers or get some chip damage on special attackers.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Gliscor is my win condition, and is great against both stall and offense alike. Gliscor functions as this team's status sponge (and sometimes Scald sponge!) as well as it set up sweeper. Specially Defensive, oddly enough, has survived a lot of Ice Beams and Scalds in the past, surprising and killing Pokemon such as Staryu and Surskit. However, with this set, it is set up fodder for Flying Type or Levitate Megas unless it has multiple attack boosts. Regarding the moves, they're all fairly obvious. Swords Dance to boost, Earthquake as its primary attack, Roost to heal off any damage that Poison Heal can't, as well as to take Ice Beams even better, and Knock Off to disable Pokemon like the Nidos on switch in or to defeat annoying Psychics like Natu.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic / Moonblast
- Protect

Clefable is definitely one of the best Pokemon in Averagemons, albeit probably the Pokemon that offense teams most prepare to break. This is my catch all for physical attackers and set up sweepers, as well as a cleric. It is capable of taking on extremely powerful Pokemon such as Band Talonflame, the Belly Drum Zigzagoon line, Crawdaunt, and Mega Salamence. However, many people have begun to run set up sweepers that beat Clefable, which brings us to my next Pokemon...

Wooper @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
- Encore

Wooper is simply amazing. It serves as my catch all for special attackers. Wooper beats a variety of threats including Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Primal Groudon, and Gardevoir, as well as set up sweepers that beat Clefable, including Mawile and Scizor. Earthquake is used to hurt the Nidoking family and Primal Groudon, Recover is healing, Toxic is to spread status, and Encore is to do even better against dangerous setup sweepers, usually forcing a switch.​

Ho-Oh @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Wooper @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
- Encore

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Taunt Yveltal destroys a lot of this team. If it finds a way past Absol, I usually lose.
Try to keep Absol in its regular form so you can pp stall. Good luck.
CM Clefable is very threatening to this team. Best chance is to encore it into CM with Wooper and get as much damage off as I can.
Its impossible to tell which set this thing is running, I'm fucked if I go into the wrong Pokemon and it has LO.
Band Talonflame is extremely powerful. Usually I can use protect to scout which move it uses, then go into Arceus, Wooper, or Clefable.
Staryu with Natural Cure just spreads burns, heals, and switches to remove status. Have Gliscor already poisoned before this starts spamming Scald to absorb the burns and set up Swords Dances.
Crit Draco Meteors and Hydro Pumps hit even the bulkiest of special walls hard. Your best bet is to not Mega Evolve Absol and start to PP stall it.
Poison Heal Breloom is amazing at breaking my stall team. It is beaten 1v1 by Gliscor.

Since I've heard multiple times about people using this team and doing stuff like sending gliscor into Nidoking, I decided it would be a good idea to go in depth as to how to counter S and A rank mons.
Note: These viability rankings are probably outdated and not perfectly accurate.

Another Note: All of them below S I had finished, and then got deleted. I'm not going to put anywhere near as much effort into those as I did the first time.

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are the pinnacle of the Averagemons metagame. These Pokemon are able to perform a variety of roles very effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits. These Pokemon define the metagame.

Clefable -- Immediately burn or poison it to check if it is Magic Guard. If it is unaware, it can't harm you in any way but will be a nuisance due to Heal Bell. If it is Magic Guard, use Knock Off on it if possible. However, this may prove a challenge due to it having coverage for both of our Knock Off abusers (I've seen it use Ice Beam for Gliscor, and it always runs Moonblast for Absol.) A way to get around that is to go into Wooper (which walls Clefable but gets pp stalled,) and Encore it into Calm Mind or one of its attacks that isn't super effective on Absol or Gliscor.
Nidoking/Nidoqueen -- We have not one, not two, but three counters to this. Ho-Oh beats all sets barring Rock Slide/Stone Edge as long as Stealth Rock isn't up by spamming Earthquake/Sacred Fire. Absol beats all sets barring Superpower by using Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp while healing itself with Wish. Wooper beats all sets barring Hidden Power Grass, and all sets as long as Nidoking/queen has its Life Orb knocked off by abusing Encore and Earthquake.
Primal Groudon -- Pray that it isn't Eruption PDon. If it is the more common SR + Lava Plume Pdon, both Wooper and Gliscor beat it (be careful switching Gliscor in however, as it runs the risk of getting burned. If this happens, go into Clefable and Heal Bell as soon as possible and try again.) Wooper just spams Toxic and Earthquake, while Gliscor can set up on it (unless it has Roar) with Swords Dance. If it is Eruption + Solar Beam + Rock Slide / Stone Edge, you lose barring a Rock Slide / Stone Edge miss on Ho-Oh.

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Averagemons metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits. These Pokemon exert a strong presence in the metagame.

A+ Rank:
Chatot -- Chatter Ban
Kecleon -- Scout out its set and go into the appropriate check/counter. This requires a lot of Protect spamming.
Sableye-Mega -- Try to status it before it Mega Evolves, however, if that fails, Moonblast on Clefable can help with it or you can go into Gliscor and use it as set up fodder.
Skrelp -- Go into Absol as it switches in and PP stall it, hopefully also knocking off its item, leaving it wallable.
Swoobat -- If it is mono attacking (Substitute / Calm Mind / Roost / Stored Power) or Shadow Ball, wall with Absol. If it uses Signal Beam or Giga Drain, you can wall a few with Ho-Oh.
Talonflame -- If Choice Band, figure out what move its using and go into an appropriate counter (Brave Bird -> Arceus, Flare Blitz -> Wooper.) If Stallbreaker, try to bounce back its Taunt with Mega Absol, leaving it able to be hit by Toxic from Clefable or Wooper. If Mega Absol dies, it requires quite a bit of predictions and double switching, but isn't impossible to beat.

A Rank:
Crawdaunt -- I believe both Clefable and Steelceus beat most sets. Toxic or Will-O-Wisp it.
Dragalge -- If its physical, definitely go into Steelceus and Will-O-Wisp it. If special, try to Knock Off its item (usually Choice Specs) and burn it with Absol.
Exploud -- Ho-Oh walls it and Absol can use Knock Off to weaken it, at the cost of a lot of its hp, usually preventing it from switching into anything later in the game.
Foongus/Amoonguss -- Not very threatening, Mega Absol can Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp it, Gliscor can use some sets as set up fodder (watch out for Clear Smog,) and Ho-Oh can Sacred Fire/Brave Bird it.
Gliscor -- Try to Will-O-Wisp it or Knock Off its Toxic Orb first turn. Both Wooper and Clefable wall it, although they can't really touch it. Best bet is to Encore it into Earthquake and pp stall it.
Greninja -- Wooper and Absol both wall it.
Serperior -- Ho-Oh is your only choice with this one. Keeping Stealth Rock off the field is a must.
Wooper -- Is even less threatening than Foongus.

A- Rank:
Corsola -- Haven't really seen offensive sets a lot, but if you see one, Wooper walls it. If its defensive you can use it as set up fodder for Gliscor.
Klefki -- Typically I use Mega Absol against it to keep it from setting up Spikes, just Will-O-Wisp it as soon as possible so Play Rough doesn't hurt.
Kyogre -- Wooper and Absol should wall it regardless of set.
Salamence-Mega -- Usually its mono attacking with Substitute / Roost / Ddance / Return, so Steelceus walls. See if you can Will-O-Wisp or Toxic it before it gets a substitute up.
Xerneas -- Wooper and Ho-Oh wall it and can do whatever they want to it.
Zigzagoon/Linoone -- Status it as soon as possible. The problem with these is that they learn both Gunk Shot and Seed Bomb, letting them get past my Unaware walls.

Last edited:

Metagame:
Almost Any Ability
Team Type: BirdSpam HO
How it works: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tell-your-friends.3559206/
Importable:
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Defog

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Return
- Tailwind

Manaphy @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Hi everyone! So I don't usually share my teams, but this one is pretty generic and fairly easy to use, so I think it could be a great resource.

Double Dragon Dance: A 1v1 Team

I'm sure you all have already seen me rave about Mega Tyranitar and its excellent stallbreaking ability, but if not, here's the post. It handles a variety of top-ranked threats, including both Charizards, Kyurem-B, and Chansey. The EV spread is to beat Greninja and better handle random Focus Blasts. Mega Slowbro, one of the most underrated Pokemon in the entire meta, covers the omnipresent Fighting-type attackers that plague Mega Tyranitar and also synergizes well with Tyranitar because of the latter's amazing Special Defense in sand, though Slowbro itself can handle weaker attackers with Calm Mind. Substitute Charizard X is just a generic nuke that takes out Mega Mawile, Aegislash, and other random Steel-types, as well as weird things like Mega Sableye. Plus, Charizard is a good Pokemon for beginners to get used to using anyway.

Notable weaknesses include Mega Gyarados (this thing, especially with Crunch and Outrage, requires serious prediction with Charizard to beat) and Greninja (if you see a Greninja user on the ladder, always pick Tyranitar! They will choose it 100% of the time, unless they know this team). Mega Altaria can be really obnoxious too, but it can be beaten by Mega Tyranitar with some luck. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but those are the three that immediately occur to me.

If you have questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me know. Should I post more teams?

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 168 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Slack Off
- Scald

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

This team won a daily tour!

more replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-256188336 vs Costa
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-256187438 vs Costa
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-268435200 vs Futuristic Beats

these were the only ones I could find...

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Team preview

So this is a 1v1 sample team, which I used to peak the ladder with multiple accounts, and it makes use of an underated threat in terms of Keldeo. Usually most people would assume greninja> keldeo, but keldeo has the unique ability to beat Chansey unlike many other special attacking mons, and in 1v1 CHANSEY is one of the most dominating defensive threats. It's also really, really annoying. So I started with keldeo. Then I realised keldeo losed to mons which could OUTSPEED and bop it, eg scarf Kyurem-black. So I added a double "hit back" core to lure mons such as Kyub. Counter zard X + metal burst Sableye mega hit back at opponents depending on the power of the moves they used, hence the term "hit back". ZARD X deals with physical threats, Sableye with special threats. Zard deals with KYUB, mence (if they don't DD) and many others. Sableye deals with timid extrasensory greninja(most are modest but just in case) , diancie-mega(yes the given Ev spread lets it take a max special attack moonblast and Ohko with moonblast), and Porygon-Z. This team has peaked the ladder, currently has me at second and has won a few room tours.

Note: if you see a DIANCIE, use Sableye

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Icy Wind

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 236 HP / 60 Atk / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Metal Burst
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Recover
[\HIDE]

Importable^

EV

Banned deucer.
OUTMODED - see updated version below
Metagame: STABmons
Team Type: Pixi + FakeSpeed
How it works: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/better-pixi-late-than-never-stabmons.3558963/
Basically, apply pressure with Swords Dance Mega Altaria early and use Magnezone to pick off Steel-type checks. You can be a little reckless with Mega Altaria in terms of status as long as you have Latias in the wings to use Lunar Dance later. Rotom-W and Landorus-T form a good defensive pivot core. Diggersby is Diggersby.

EDITED VERSION BELOW

Now that Mega Alt and Diggs are banned, substitute Mega Bunny and Blue Bunny for them instead:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out / Rapid Spin / Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Life Orb / Safety Goggles
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Nuzzle
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Azumarill @ Lum Berry / Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out / Crabhammer
- Extreme Speed
- Water Shuriken
- Play Rough

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Lunar Dance
- Psystrike / Spacial Rend

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Forgot to post this in December...

350 Cup Sand Balance

: Hippopotas was mandatory on any sand team as it is the main sand setter. It also has very high 136/156/84 bulk and is very good at setting up rocks and walling physical threats such as other Drilbur, Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence and Mienfoo.

: Drilbur is the perfect partner for Hippopotas due to Sand Rush, doubling it's already outstanding 136 Speed to astronomical levels. Coupled with very high 170 Attack, and we have one of the most deadliest offensive powerhouses in the metagame. It usually can sweep weakened teams during the end of the match with Swords Dance, and also has utility of removing hazards with Rapid Spin.

: Clefairy is one of the best pokemon in the metagame due to it's amazing ability in Magic Guard which let's it only get damaged by attacking moves in conjunction with it's impressive bulk. It can sweep countless teams with Calm Mind if your opponent does not play careful around it, as once it starts getting boosts, it's extremely difficult to stop it. It also deals well with all the dragons in the tier in Mega Salamence, Axew and the Latis. The Ev's are set so it can live a Double Edge from +1 Mega Mence and Moonblast from Xerneas.

: Magnemite is a key member of the team, as it deals with BirdSpam that plagues the tier, and can also trap steels that can stop Clefairy in it's tracks. It's base 190 Sp.Atk is deadly, letting it be a great revenge killer and overall amazing momentum pivot.

: Slowpoke was added to counter Primal Groudon which dominated the meta atm. It also acts as a blanket check to almost all physical attackers of the tier, and with Regenerator, it means it has a high sustainability. It's just a great mon to abuse on any balance team really.

: At this point, realized my team was very weak to the most annoying mon ever in Shroomish. It literally can wall each member of my team except Clefairy. Meg Gar can trap and KO it with it's STAB. It can also trap a variety of threats under 130 Speed that can wall Drilbur like Slowpoke and Clefairy (lol all on my team).

: Mega Salamence can still destroy my team if it carries Earthquake. After +1, I will need to rely on Drilbur outspeeding it in sand, and hopefully is weak enough to get KO with Rock SLide, but Mega Mence's high bulk can restrict that.

: Xerneas can also proove to be a big threat after Geomancy. I have Magnemite and Mega Gengar that kan take care of it with there STAB's, but Xern outspeeds then at +2, so I have to be careful with that.

: Ekiller is very threatening to the team, but I have Mega Gar that can deal with it if it's weakened down by Slowpoke.

: Primal Ogre can be very threatening if Slowpoke can Clefairy are taken out.

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Clefairy @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Slowpoke @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Sorry don't have any replays :(

MAMP

MAMP!
Noticed there were no Monogen sample teams, so here's a squad I've had success with:

GEN I STALL
Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

This is a pretty standard Gen I stall build, built to be able to wall as much of the metagame as possible. Chansey + M-Venu + Slowbro forms a formidable defensive core that can take on most offensive threats, and the other members patch up this core's weaknesses. Clefable takes on dangerous set-up sweepers, Zapdos defogs and provides a Ground immunity and a Flying resist, and stallbreaker Mew rounds out the team by providing a solid means for the team to deal with opposing stall teams, and a way to beat slow set-up sweepers that can stall out Clef. Mew is also very effective at spreading burns around opposing teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)