OM Mashup Megathread

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
Since TSAAA is just about over, I wanted to post the team I found the most success with towards the end (though I got pretty inactive in the latter half of spotlight...) and highlight the mons on it because I think they're cool.

Crabominable @ Choice Band
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Crabhammer

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sap Sipper
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Dhelmise @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Synthesis
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Power Whip

This team centers around laying down webs with Galvantula and trying to keep them up while you deal with bulky fairies/dazzling/psyterrain setters in order to enable Absol (and, to a lesser extent, Crabominable,) to sweep.

Crab reaches about 720 Attack with Band, and since Triage Drain Punch is really really REALLY effective against mons that can't hard-stop priority, it can sweep through unprepared teams. It has a respectable ~250 defense uninvested, so neutral hits tend to bounce right off of it. With webs down, it doesn't need to worry about opposing Triage-ers...from my experience, at least. If you were worried about it, you could optionally run speed EVs instead of HP EVs in order to get past mons that might be faster even with webs down.

FF Dhel provides valuable role compression in that it can spinblock as well as spin. I have found it to be almost entirely useless, however, since everybody and their mother just uses defog instead (for this reason, it might be worth running Defiant on Absol)...I never found a good replacement, though.

Because of the prevalence of setup sweepers, Unaware mons are necessary on any team that isn't hard Offense, IMO. My Musharna set is subpar since it could probably function better as something other than Stored Power, but I think it's one of the best Unaware mons currently.

It seems Arceus will stay into its original typing: Camomons Uber Replay.
On turn 5, Steel/Flying Arceus was hit super-effectively by Focus Blast despite that it should be normal effective.
Some says it was due to Multitype perhaps? Rip, that Arceus set i posted...
Though Arceus would still be decent to me even if its monotyped.

Here is a tour code you can use for Camomons Ubers:-

/tour new gen7camomons, elimination, 32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour rules Mega Rayquaza Clause, +Uber, +Arena Trap, +Power Construct, +Shadow Tag, +Dragonite, +Kartana, +Kyurem-Black, +Latias-Mega
/tour name [Gen 7] Camomons Ubers

Iolanthe is now updated for this spotlight as well.

/

Arceus @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Defog / Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

One of defensive Arceus formes, the Speed investment is to outspeed Mega-Lucario just like majority of defensive Arceus formes since Gen6 Uber, it will still run Speed investment if Mluke is not an issue like 56 Speed and Timid to outspeed 95s like Rayquaza and Kyurem-Black, just like in Gen5 if you look at the analysis of certain Arceus-Forme. And that's because Arceus is not very slow as a wall.
This reminded me that there is a problem with Arceus in this mashup. It seems like it is hardcoded to have its typing changed from Normal only from Multitype + a Plate/Z Crystal, and it will ignore the type-changing effects of Camomons if this state would differ from them (this occurs even if it doesn't have Multitype, like in CAAAmomons Ubers). However, confusingly, it will still be given the UI changes that indicate its type being overridden. So this set will show
/
in battle, but actually be Normal-typed internally, and immune to Ghost-type attacks, for example.

When this issue came up in tours before, I thought about banning it for technical reasons, but users suggested allowing it, while issuing a warning to people joining the tour. I'm not sure if this can even be considered a bug in Camomons (I suppose that is a matter for Camomons council), but even if this behaviour is intended/permitted, it seems the UI change at the least would be a bug.

Please be aware of this behaviour, and feel free to offer suggestions about how it should be addressed.

Should be a quick fix, just change pokemon.types.join to pokemon.getTypes(true).join in config/formats.js. (ROM defers the type display until the next request so I can't test it myself.)
Thank-you so much. I tested this on a clone of main and it seems to work fine (for both Normal and Plate/Crystal typing cases). In the meantime, I also realised that Silvally has the same issue in vanilla Camomons, and this change fixes that as well.

I have asked Camomons council about what the intended behaviour was here. If this was intended or they have no strong opinion, would you mind me submitting this change as a pull request?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Sad to hear about the Arceus bug, would have been dope and would really open up the meta but alas. I still wanna share some cool ideas I had (that I have not tested yet).

(
/
)
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance

Have a dope offensive typing that can still abuse the Aerilate ability and hit most of the metagame incredibly hard expect Steel / Flying mons which I will assume will start to become common due to this immersive threat. Mega Mence could also alot to run a more defensive DD set with a Flying / Steel typing of its own and abuse Iron Defense to further boost its bulk as well. Just feel that it has many more option to go for like its vanilla form has in regular Camo meta (maybe even Special sets can be considered too owo).

(
/
)
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Can now really abuse the rain with it's dual STAB lol. While still getting somewhat walled by specially defensive Primal Groudon (which I will assume will want to run its standard Fire / Ground typing even in this meta), Ogre can still cause a massive amount of hurt imo due to the power it has behind its STABs alone. Resists to this set can really be hard to come by besides solid specially defensive Grass mons that can stomach the coverage in Ice Beam (think Grass / Steel mons or even Ground / Water). I can also see physical Ogre sets elect to run a Water / Ground set of its own due to the amazing defensive typing and the fact that it can smack most of the Water resist down with powerful Earthquakes as well. Another cool offensive threat I can see thrive.

(
/
)
Yveltal @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt / Defog
- Roost

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse / Defog

Preferred Ygod typing imo due to it lacking many weaknesses alongside the fact that it can annoy the many Psychic threats roaming around the tier. I feel both Taunt + Toxic and Scarf have value in this meta to keep both physical and special threats at bay alongside being an amazing stallbreaker as well. I feel more offensive Ygod sets can elect to go with other typings of course, but I feel this mon's true value shines with its defensive / utility sets in this meta imo.

(
/
or
)
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast / Thunder
- Moonblast
- Thunder / Focus Blast
- Geomancy

Standard GeoXern with the added power in it's coverage options which really can make it muscle through its checks even better lol. I really do not see much in terms of counterplay due to it now being able to turn 2HKOes into potential OHKOes compared to its regular Ubers counterpart due to its added power. I can see Steel / Ghost type mons being a huge help on a lot of teams due to this Xern set alone. Which makes me bring up my next and final idea....

(
/
)
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shadow Claw
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance

With arguably the best typing in the game, I can see this Necro-DM set put in work in not only the sweeping compartment, but also checking dangerous threats like the aforementioned Xerneas (esp Fighting variants) alongside other threats like Psychic / Fighting MMY, Ekiller, and Rayquaza variants not having an additional Fire or Ground added typing.

That is it for now, but definitely excited to playtest this meta even more!

One sets of Camomons Ubers:

(
/
) / (
/
) / (
/
) / (
/
) / (
/
) / (
/
) / (
/
)
Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf / Steel Wing / Dragon Tail / Toxic
- Toxic / Roost / Dragon Tail / Steel Wing
- Whirlwind / Roost
- Roost / Toxic / Defog / Recover

The Great Wall Lugia now has good typing option. 110 Speed Stat is great for a defensive wall as it allows Lugia to be faster than pokemon like Primal Groudon, Rayquaza, Ho-oh, both Kyurem formes and Yveltal. This allows Lugia to go first and Roost its health to reactivate Multiscale before they deal a lot of damage to it. The EV spread gives Lugia the ability to outspeed base 100s and below. Alternatively, 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 Spe with Bold Nature allows Lugia to outspeed base 95s and below or 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe with Bold Nature to outspeed positive natured 90s and below or 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe with Bold Nature to outspeed neutral natured 90s, maximum speed Necrozma ( both DM and DW ) and below.

Quick Announcement:
Mega Rayquaza is now banned in Balance Hackmons, and thus, affecting some of our BH-base mashups. Not sure on BH Doubles

Since my school day has started about a few days ago, I wouldn't able to participate tours for as much as before ( My school schedule is on where the chatroom is mostly dead ). But I would still be around if I have enough time, especially finishing up the resources and posting sets for spotlight.

Best Gal

Not very good at Camo Ubers? Need a Z-Crystal user so braindead it may as well be named Unga Bunga?

Look no further than Fightinium Z Pheromosa!

Unga Bunga (Pheromosa) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

Just click Fight Z and hope for the best. Alternatively if you're getting cucked by Ghost types, use Icium Z.

Fight Z won't usually score a kill off the bat unless you get rocks chip damage, and for the most part you will have to scout for Ghosts before throwing out your nuke. You can Spin away things you don't like with this thing, too, which makes it not useless outside of being a nuke. Ice/Fighting is pretty decent coverage, and you can also run Blizzard over Ice Beam for a stronger Icium, as well as Bug Buzz if you want to widen your coverage. I can't say I can think of anything you'd hit with Buzz that you wouldn't already deal with just fine with Focus and Beam, though.

A lot of more bulky spdef mons in the tier (Lugia, Yveltal) take around 60-70 from Fight Z (after rocks for lugia, of course, due to Multiscale) opening them up to a 2HKO which can be great. You OHKO uninvested Pdons.

252 SpA Pheromosa All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon-Primal: 352-415 (103.2 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Pheromosa All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 249-294 (61.6 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

You can run Modest nature Pheromosa if you don't care about outspeeding Deoxys but I find that to be far too risky a venture; though the potential benefit of boosted spatk instead of speed via Beast Boost is a tempting prospect for sure.

or you can just use a mon that takes skill lol

Kyurem-W is a mon that I think is frankly just the coolest ever in this meta.

You can run a variety of good types, with access to great moves like Earth Power, Ice Beam, Draco Meteor, and Fusion Flare- I even saw somebody use an...inadvisable Bug/Ground set with Signal Beam in order to get resistance to Fighting and Ground moves, essentially eliminating the threat of MMX (until you get slapped by Ice Punch). I run Specs because it rips through Giratina-Origin with a Turboblaze Earth Power but I imagine an Expert Belt, Scarf, or Life Orb would be preferable.

That said, the astronomical heights of KyuW's special attack under Specs are super attractive to me since I'm a basic bitch.

-----

I've played a bit more STAAAB in the last couple weeks than I had previously and I think Minior is sort of problematic for the tier. It isn't like you can't counter it or play around it, but it is incredibly strong to the point of feeling almost unfair. You should never be unprepared for it, granted, but it can rip through teams unopposed if you don't have more than one check to it. I think Minior should probably be suspected immediately if we ever get STAAAB as spotlight.

I've played a bit more STAAAB in the last couple weeks than I had previously and I think Minior is sort of problematic for the tier.
Just to clarify, are you talking about STAAAB OU? The consensus by the end of STAAAB RU spotlight seemed to be that it was managable, and that's without things like Celesteela that simply eat it, and less good rockers to stop it from smashing to begin with.

Best Gal

Just to clarify, are you talking about STAAAB OU? The consensus by the end of STAAAB RU spotlight seemed to be that it was managable, and that's without things like Celesteela that simply eat it, and less good rockers to stop it from smashing to begin with.
I was indeed talking about STAAAB OU. The tier seems a lot less able to deal with Minior than STAAAB RU just purely based on the teams I keep seeing there. I might be imagining things and I may have just lucked out with the games I've played but it just seems like it's impossible to manage once it's in, and it has almost always found a way in from my experience.

I've played a bit more STAAAB in the last couple weeks than I had previously and I think Minior is sort of problematic for the tier. It isn't like you can't counter it or play around it, but it is incredibly strong to the point of feeling almost unfair. You should never be unprepared for it, granted, but it can rip through teams unopposed if you don't have more than one check to it. I think Minior should probably be suspected immediately if we ever get STAAAB as spotlight.
Any bulky unaware mon that isn't hit SE should be able to check minior decently - Cresselia, for example. As can Levitating Steel types. I even saw defensive MTTar eat +2 EQ from full and kill it because it was brought down to sash. Minior is kinda gimmicky - it can 6-0 people that aren't prepared because they are unfamiliar with the meta, but just 1 unaware mon or dedicated check prevents it from doing anything.

Also, I'm sorry, but I have to ask this. Are you basing this off of games in Mashups or in Plaza? Because the latter has a lot of people bringing suboptimal teams to Mashup(like) tours, which makes it kinda useless for gauging if a mon really is broken.

+2 252 Atk Minior Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 252-297 (62.3 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

+2 252+ Atk Minior Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 279-328 (79.2 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Minior Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 188-222 (58.9 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Minior Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 235-277 (68.3 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

While most of its checks were fat mons, some of them aren't that completely sitting duck nor has limited used outside of checking Minior; they have enough power to deal with some offensive teams and is not completely reliant on something like toxic against frail ones. I'm aware Dazzling is the best and most common ability Minior used. For offensive teams, setting up Stealth Rock and applying strong offensive pressure will often prevent Minior from setting up or doing anything because it is reliant on it Sash being intact.

I wanna post about something that I've been thinking about and casually mentioning/discussing (along with some other people) in the mashups room for a while. I'll drop a TLDR for anyone who just wants the gist, but I'll also provide a more detailed writeup.

TL;DR: Introduce Community Shop, a team dump for unofficial mashups (IE TS AAA and Camo Ubers), especially those that become spotlights, that everyone can submit teams to in order to ensure there are samples for Mashups spotlight even when the spotlight isn't an official mashup.

While the Ranshop exists to offer samples for official mashups, there is no such thing for unofficial ones - which can be problematic when our Mashups Spotlight is an unofficial mashup, like TS AAA last month and Camo Ubers now. During TS AAA there were times when people would ask about sample teams for it, but there were none; also the "TS AAA resources" button lead nowhere.

I think a Community Shop, which would be similar to the Ranshop, except open to contribution for anyone; would address that problem nicely. It's probably not necessary to let anyone submit sample teams for every mashup, but having community created teams at least for the unofficial mashups that get made into Spotlight would be very useful for the room. If nothing else, it would make it easier for newcomers to get into Mashups if they could take a team from the forums and join a tour.

Regarding quality control, I'd say mediocre samples are better than none, but it probably wouldn't be hard to enforce if users were required to win a tour before submitting the team as a sample (for example).

Since some people already post teams in this thread, I don't think lack of willingness would be a problem either.

I even saw somebody use an...inadvisable Bug/Ground set with Signal Beam in order to get resistance to Fighting and Ground moves
Excuse me are you dissing the BUG GROUND KYRUEM SET
(i used it as a zygod counter primarily but yeah its not that good)

I wanna post about something that I've been thinking about and casually mentioning/discussing (along with some other people) in the mashups room for a while. I'll drop a TLDR for anyone who just wants the gist, but I'll also provide a more detailed writeup.

TL;DR: Introduce Community Shop, a team dump for unofficial mashups (IE TS AAA and Camo Ubers), especially those that become spotlights, that everyone can submit teams to in order to ensure there are samples for Mashups spotlight even when the spotlight isn't an official mashup.

While the Ranshop exists to offer samples for official mashups, there is no such thing for unofficial ones - which can be problematic when our Mashups Spotlight is an unofficial mashup, like TS AAA last month and Camo Ubers now. During TS AAA there were times when people would ask about sample teams for it, but there were none; also the "TS AAA resources" button lead nowhere.

I think a Community Shop, which would be similar to the Ranshop, except open to contribution for anyone; would address that problem nicely. It's probably not necessary to let anyone submit sample teams for every mashup, but having community created teams at least for the unofficial mashups that get made into Spotlight would be very useful for the room. If nothing else, it would make it easier for newcomers to get into Mashups if they could take a team from the forums and join a tour.

Regarding quality control, I'd say mediocre samples are better than none, but it probably wouldn't be hard to enforce if users were required to win a tour before submitting the team as a sample (for example).

Since some people already post teams in this thread, I don't think lack of willingness would be a problem either.
I support this proposal. There seems to be a good level of interest for a resource like this in chat, both from users who are new to a spotlight and are looking for a sample team, as well as users who have built teams and would like to make them more widely-available. Sometimes teams do already exist and have been posted here, but are awkwardly fragmented across the thread in a way that makes them difficult to find and share. Combining the best ones in a single post like Ranshop that can easily be linked to seems much more usable.

How to manage quality control was the main concern I had, although requiring a tour win (or at least solid replays) for submissions could be one way of handling this. I asked in chat about examples of how other Smogon communities handle similar resources, and The Number Man mentioned the Tours Plaza Sample Teams thread (I'm not sure if this has any particular quality control curation, though):-

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tours-plaza-custom-rules-tournaments-sample-team.3643991/

Maybe there aren't too many other cases where a single thread is dedicated to multiple metas like with Mashups, but I would be interested to hear about examples of best practices if we decided to go ahead with this idea.

Best Gal

Are you basing this off of games in Mashups or in Plaza? Because the latter has a lot of people bringing suboptimal teams to Mashup(like) tours, which makes it kinda useless for gauging if a mon really is broken.
I was basing this on a few games I played on Plaza and a few games I played in Mashup, one was even against Ransei where I 4-0'd him with Minior after sacking a mon getting rid of rocks. I don't claim to be a particularly skilled player in STAAAB, I've just observed it exerting an unhealthy type of influence on the metagame, and I think it would benefit from having it removed. I don't think it's particularly broken or OP, that'd be a silly claim- just not good for the meta.

Would that even be a banworthy situation? I'm not very knowledgeable about situations like that.

How to manage quality control was the main concern I had, although requiring a tour win (or at least solid replays) for submissions could be one way of handling this.
I think instead of having a prerequisite for posting a team, we just allow the community to revise flaws in posted teams so that:
A. It generates more discussion
B. It provides more opportunities for new players to learn the meta, through reading said discussion
C. It deals with outdated samples easily and cleanly since they will continually get revised by the community

at least, in theory.

I think if we could, it'd be better to have a samples thread apart from the megathread- it'd be far less cluttered and I think a second thread for us would possibly raise more awareness that mashups is even a thing. I don't know if that's even an option tho lol

2 sets for Camomons Uber

/

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Healing Wish
- Defog
Same set, but uses Healing Wish over Recover. This set is useful in a more offensive team. Pokemon like Primal Groudon, Offensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and non-Roost Lunala were being used to check some dangerous mons and often gets worn down. But Healing Wish will completely bring them back to full and gave them a chance to sweep again or check mons longer.

/

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Toxic / Earthquake
- Recover

Just regular Ho-oh, but its still good alternative, especially with its good resistance it offers. Fire/Flying is also decent, while both are resisted by Rock, defensive Rock-types aren't really that common.

Announcements:
Its been almost a year since I've been a Leader for LC AAA. I've updated the VR once more:
The main ability is now Bolded just like in standard AAA.

Rises:
Vullaby: A+ to S
Diglett: A- to A
Magnemite: A- to A
Staryu: A- to A
Elekid: B+ to A-
Swirlix: B to A-
Clamperl: C+ to B+
Honedge: B to B+
Onix: B- to B+
Surskit: UR to B+
Frillish: B- to B
Houndour: B- to B
Carvanha: UR to B-
Munchlax: C+ to B-
Salandit: C+ to B-
Amaura: C to C+
Mankey: C to C+
Nosepass: C to C+
Krabby: UR to C
Mime Jr. UR to C
Shellos: C- to C
Voltorb: UR to C

Drops:
Doduo: A to A-
Croagunk: A- to B+
Chespin: C+ to C

In addition, Wingull is now quickbanned in LC AAA. Its a very long overdue that this is still keeps unbanned. Despite its average special attack stat, Water/Flying is close to being unresisted outside from type-immune abilities. This coupled with the ability to reach 19 Speed, access to U-turn and gaining better abilities in Adaptability or Primordial Sea.

Feel free if Wingull needs to be retested. There's also some potential quickbans in the future. I was gonna do a suspect tour, but considering near non-existent interest in LC Mashups ( except maybe MnM LC? ), I don't think it could work. In addition there's almost no LC tour being set in the chatroom for a very long time. Even I (as a user who favors and likes LC a lot) barely sets up any LC tours for a couple of months because I thought no one would join it, I don't even recall when was the last time I set up a LC AAA tour. The previous LC Mashup I set was BH LC, which was few months ago iirc. Let me know if you prefer to suspect test them.

Possible Quickbans:

Abra: Abra is rather frustrating to deal with. It one shot nearly anything with its STAB moves under Pyschic Terrain. Even bulkier ones that don't resist it gets OHKOed by Shattered Psyche. It also possesses 19 Speed, which is the 2nd fastest unboosted pokemon. There are only few mon that naturally outspeed it, and others have to take a risk to win a Speed Tie. Abra is sometimes paired with Gastly, known as "Gastbra" core. These 2 are powerful special wallbreakers capable of breaking down each other's checks; Gastly is used as a breaker to punch holes while Abra cleans the rest.

Weather: LC AAA is mostly an offensive metagame, and most bulky mons are reliant on resistances, though there is 3 Options:

Abusers:

The main abuser would be Clamperl with Deep Sea Tooth. This isn't mainly about Shell Smash set, and I know it has hard time setting up because of its frailty, lack of Eviolite and generally offensive nature of LC AAA mashup. The main reason why I think Clamperl is broken or rather unhealthy is its Swift Swim set, it just OHKOes everything under rain, even resist gets 2HKOed on the switch.

248 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee in Rain: 24-28 (88.8 - 103.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

248 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Munchlax in Rain: 19-24 (63.3 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

248 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 84 HP / 228 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed in Rain: 9-12 (40.9 - 54.5%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

248 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 236 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Frillish in Rain: 11-13 (44 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

248 SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus in Rain: 12-14 (48 - 56%) -- 60.9% chance to 2HKO

Swift Swim sets doesn't even need to set-up Shell Smash most of the time, it only needs Drizzle support because it boost its STAB, gets an immediate Speed boost, and it already has an immediate power coming from Deep Sea Tooth.

Item: ( Heat Rock, Damp Rock, Smooth Rock, Icy Rock )
It will give us an easier time dealing with weathers. Banning them will not make weather teams completely unviable; it is still useable, but not as nearly broken. I.e. set up rain, bring Clamperl safely and spam Surf (and/or scout for mon with Water-Immune ability ).

Weather itself

Surge Surfer: This is also included on the Weather part. I've chosed this over Terrain Extender because there isn't other Terrain Speed Boosting ability (Unburden is not included)

Adaptability: Nearly any mon with a dual typing can 2HKO almost anything, and some of them have their STAB move being resisted by a few mons. With potential users being, Pawniard, Vullaby, Gastly, Magnemite, Croagunk, Houndour, Frillish, Salandit, even some with rather middling or average offensive stat like Onix and Chinchou.

Swirlix: It is still one of great Unburden abuser despite being its original ability. It has 2 different set-up, which is Belly Drum or CM + Cotton Guard. Though, what holds it back is the more offensively nature, less bulky Fighting-Types, wider distribution of Unaware (though rather rare) and some mons like PrankHaze Mareanie.

Also, Araquanid is now banned and Mega Pidgeot now unbanned in STABmons. And this will affect some of our STABmon-base mashup. A same case for Dewpider in STABmons LC might potentially be applied as well because both Dewpider and Araquanid perform a same role; being able to sweep a lot of team using Tail Glow and Water Bubble-boosted STAB, having a good bulk to grant them good set-up opportunities and forces teams to run at least 2 checks(Bulky Water-Resist or Water-Immune) to avoid getting swept by it. Since no one is running STAB LC ( I'm not currently appointed/nominated to run it), it will not be immediately applied. But I do hope that Dewpider gets banned in STABmons LC, that thing is broken.

AAA TS is still going strong even post-spotlight, so in the interest of generating more awareness and discussion for it, here's a team that I've been having success with.

Necrozma @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Sparkling Aria
- Ice Beam

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Strength Sap

Braviary (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Golem-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Volt Switch
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Golem is an easy pick, being a hard counter to a notable majority of the special attackers in the tier, examples being Manectric, Noivern, every Fairy aside from Primarina, and both of the popular Sticky Web setters in Galvantula and Ribombee. It also functions as a safe, slow pivot into any other Pokemon on the team, all of which can threaten to either net an uncontested KO or outright sweep

Necrozma's power stems from its extreme versatility, having both a generally impressive statline and fantastic movepool diversity. It can run both physical and special sets, offensive and defensive, and can choose to run boosting moves or forego them. This particular set is rather simple, and difficult to wall without a dedicated check or counter. Offensive Bug- and Dark-type Pokemon such as Absol, Golisopod, Scyther, and Houndoom can easily dismantle Necrozma, and Dark-type walls such as defensive Incineroar and Unaware Mandibuzz stop it in its tracks, but in absence of these threats, Necrozma's only major worry is losing its Toxic Orb before it activates.

Gallade was chosen for a number of reasons, all of them simple: It has the most powerful Triage move in the meta after the inferior Crabominable, it has high special bulk, and it has access to Knock Off to threaten Poison Heal users and most things that resist Drain Punch.

I wanted a Fairy to put on the team to threaten the Fighting- and Dark-type Pokemon common in the tier, and I decided on Primarina because it is the most powerful Fairy barring Psychic types, which this team already had two of, and because its Water type allows it to hit Golem, easily one of the most reliable special walls in the tier, for 80% of its HP at the absolute worst. Unfortunately, Primarina is one of the slowest Pokemon in the meta, but its fantastic defensive typing means it resists many of the most dangerous attacks.

Victreebel is this team's offensive answer to opposing Fairy-, Water-, and Rock-types, such as the popular Regirock, Rhyperior, and Lanturn. Guts is chosen over an ability like Tough Claws because burns are otherwise crippling to most of the team, and a Life Orb is chosen over a Flame Orb due to the extreme prevalence of said burns. Poisonium can be used instead to score KOs against Pokemon such as Scyther and Noivern that could otherwise survive and retaliate, reducing reliance on Golem to check them.

Braviary is simply an offensive Defogger, and can be safely substituted with any fogger or spinner unafraid of poison and webs, such as Aerodactyl, Scyther, Magic Guard/Magic Bounce Mandibuzz, or Regenvest Hitmonchan

I have also (with help from The Number Man) compiled a list of popular or powerful Pokemon in the tier to build around, with, or against, though this list is not complete.
Manectric @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge / Desolate Land
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Switcheroo

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Absol @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Absol @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Play Rough

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Aromatherapy
- Sticky Web

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Sticky Web

Dhelmise @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Switcheroo

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Victreebel @ Life Orb / Poisonium Z / Grassium Z / Flame Orb
Ability: Tough Claws / Guts
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Strength Sap

Golem-Alola @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Volt Switch
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Fire Punch / Superpower

Incineroar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Blastoise @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out

Golisopod @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Waterium Z
Ability: Primordial Sea / Triage
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet / Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Noivern @ Sky Plate / Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate / Tinted Lens / Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Boomburst / Hurricane
- Taunt / Draco Meteor
- U-turn / Draco Meteor / Defog
- Roost / Switcheroo / Defog

Regirock @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Drain Punch
- Bulk Up / Stealth Rock / Fire Punch
- Protect

Aromatisse @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band / Life Orb / Flame Orb
Ability: Tough Claws / Magic Guard / Guts
Jolly Nature
- Return / Double-Edge / Facade
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack / Jump Kick / Knock Off
- Jump Kick / Pursuit / Knock Offf

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Trop Kick

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Counter / Spikes
- Defog

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire / Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost

Kommo-o @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Drain Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Protect

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
So I made an AAA Ubers Viability rankings since the old one is very incomplete and outdated, and I don't see it being updated. Let me know things you disagree with. Pokemon within ranks are placed in viability order, and their abilities are too.

S Rank
Necrozma-Ultra (from Dawn Wings: Psychic Surge, Magnet Pull)
Xerneas (Tinted Lens, Dazzling, Sheer Force, Turboblaze)

A+ Rank
Yveltal (Regenerator, Triage)
Marshadow (Tough Claws, Adaptability, Magic Guard, Dazzling)
Mewtwo (Sheer Force, Psychic Surge)

A Rank
:Rayquaza: Rayquaza (Aerilate)
:Giratina: Giratina (Poison Heal, Regenerator)
:Arceus: Arceus (Pixilate, Poison Heal, Scrappy, Tough Claws, Guts, Magic Bounce, Defiant)

A- Rank
:Kyogre: Kyogre (Primordial Sea)
:Lunala: Lunala (Adaptability)
:Solgaleo: Solgaleo (Unaware, Regenerator, Flash Fire)
:Magearna: Magearna (Regenerator, Prankster)
:Ho-Oh: Ho-Oh (Magic Guard, Volt Absorb)
:Groudon-Primal:Primal Groudon (from Groudon: Grassy Surge, Misty Surge, Intimidate, Download)
Deoxys-Attack (Psychic Surge)
:Gengar-Mega: Gengar-Mega (Download)
:Hoopa-Unbound: Hoopa-Unbound (Hustle, Adaptability)

B+ Rank
:Arceus-Ground: Arceus-Fairy (Multitype)
:Mewtwo-Mega-Y: Mega Mewtwo-Y (from Mewtwo: Psychic Surge)
Blaziken-Mega (from Blaziken: Magnet Pull)
Darkrai (No Guard, Mega Launcher, Sheer Force)
Zekrom (Surge Surfer)
Palkia (Adaptability, Swift Swim, Primordial Sea)
Slaking (Poison Heal, Tough Claws)
:Arceus-Fairy: Arceus-Ground (Multitype)
:Zygarde-Complete: Zygarde-Complete (Power Construct)
:Kyurem-White: Kyurem-White (Sheer Force, Tinted Lens)
:Pheromosa: Pheromosa (Dazzling, Tough Claws)
:Reshiram: Reshiram (Adaptability, Sheer Force, Chlorophyll)

B Rank
:Skarmory: Skarmory (Intimidate, Flash Fire)
:Jirachi: Jirachi (Unaware)
:Celesteela: Celesteela (Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Prankster)
:Heatran: Heatran (Levitate, Regenerator)
:Chansey: Chansey (Unaware, Magic Bounce)
:Regigigas: Regigigas (Poison Heal)
:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings (Psychic Surge, Adaptability, Sheer Force)
:Kartana: Kartana (Tough Claws, Steelworker)

B- Rank
:Kyogre-Primal: Kyogre-Primal (from Kyogre: Electric Surge, Download)
Kyurem-Black (Refrigerate)
:Groudon: Groudon (Magnet Pull, Prankster, Mold Breaker, Poison Heal)
:Deoxys-Speed: Deoxys-Speed (Mold Breaker, Magic Bounce)
:Shuckle: Shuckle (Prankster, Mold Breaker, Magic Bounce)

C+ Rank
:Blissey: Blissey (Unaware, Magic Bounce)
:Lugia: Lugia (Magic Bounce, Unaware, Poison Heal, Shadow Shield)
:Dialga: Dialga (Regenerator, Levitate)
:Arceus-Poison: Arceus-Poison (Multitype)

C Rank
:Tapu-Koko: Tapu-Koko (Electric Surge)
:Zygarde: Zygarde (Adaptability)
:Blacephalon: Blacephalon (Magic Guard, Adaptability)

C- Rank
:Xurkitree: Xurkitree (Surge Surfer, Sheer Force, Prankster)
:Naganadel: Naganadel (Sheer Force)
:Shaymin-Sky: Shaymin-Sky (Adaptability)

D Rank
:Buzzwole: Buzzwole (Triage, Intimidate)

Last edited:
I know TS AAA isn't spotlight anymore and it's also an unofficial mashup, but it's still decently popular so I decided to make a viability rankings to get started on resources for the mashup. I might be biased towards the mons that I like to use and the mons that gave my teams the most trouble, so I'm open to suggestions/criticism.

Bolded abilities are those that are deemed most viable.

Will update with images later. Ty to ice-master-523 for telling me how to add images into my post without having to copy paste.

S Rank
:Metagross: Metagross (Steelworker, Tinted Lens)
:Absol: Absol (Defiant, Adaptability, Tinted Lens, Tough Claws, Dazzling)

A+ Rank
:Noivern: Noivern (Aerilate, Tinted Lens)
:Aromatisse: Aromatisse (Unaware, Poison Heal)

A Rank
:gallade: Gallade (Unburden, Triage)
:cresselia: Cresselia (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal)
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz (Unaware, Volt Absorb, Delta Stream, Magic Bounce, >Drought)
:skarmory: Skarmory (Intimidate, Unaware, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire)
:eevee: Eevee @ Eevium Z (Normalise, Tinted Lens, Scrappy)
:golem-alola: Golem Alola (Regenerator, Poison Heal)
:tsareena: Tsareena (Regenerator, Tinted Lens)
:mantine: Mantine (Volt Absorb, Prankster)
:snorlax: Snorlax (Poison Heal)

A- Rank
:ribombee: Ribombee (Mold Breaker)
:Blastoise: Blastoise (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Volt Absorb)
:minior: Minior (Dazzling)
:probopass: Probopass (Levitate, Sand Stream, Grassy Surge)
:simisear: Simisear (Desolate Land)
:manectric: Manectric (Desolate Land, Electric Surge)
:floatzel: Floatzel (Sheer Force, Guts, Tough Claws)
:dodrio: Dodrio (Magic Guard, Guts)
:regirock: Regirock (Poison Heal)
:lanturn: Lanturn (Regenerator)
:gardevoir: Gardevoir (Psychic Surge)
:raichu-alola: Raichu-Alola (Psychic Surge, Sheer Force)

B+ Rank
:galvantula: Galvantula (Mold Breaker)
:kommo-o: Kommo-O (Poison Heal)
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini (Poison Heal)
:scyther: Scyther (Aerilate, Tough Claws, Magic Guard)
:aerodactyl: Aerodactyl (Aerilate, Magic Guard)
:registeel: Registeel (Flash Fire, Magic Bounce, Levitate, Grassy Surge)
:nihilego: Nihilego (Regenerator, Levitate, Water Absorb)
:lickilicky: Lickilicky (Poison Heal)

B Rank
:torterra: Torterra (Poison Heal)
:crabominable: Crabominable (Triage)
:golisopod: Golisopod (Primordial Sea, Triage, Poison Heal, Regenerator, Adaptability)
:rhydon: Rhydon (Sand Rush)
:pikachu: Pikachu (Refrigerate, Galvanize)
:heliolisk: Heliolisk (Primordial Sea, Electric Surge)
:raikou: Raikou (Desolate Land, Primordial Sea)
:cresselia: Cresselia (Unaware, Magic Bounce, Poison Heal)
:victreebel: Victreebel (Tinted Lens, Tough Claws, Triage)
:mudsdale: Mudsdale (Poison Heal)
:Celesteela: Celesteela (Volt Absorb, Flash Fire)

B- Rank
:ariados: Ariados (Mold Breaker)
:hydreigon: Hydreigon (Psychic Surge)
:florges: Florges (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal, Stamina)
:poliwrath: Poliwrath (Poison Heal)
:BLASTOISE: Blastoise (Regenerator)
:incineroar: Incineroar (Regenerator)
:braviary: Braviary (Magic Guard)
:camerupt:/:camerupt-mega: Camerupt/Mega (Magnet Pull, Desolate Land, Chlorophyll, Water Absorb and variants/ Magnet pull, Download, Water Absorb and variants-> Sheer Force)
:rhyperior: Rhyperior (Poison Heal, Adaptability)
:necrozma: Necrozma (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal, Stamina)
:cofagrigus: Cofagrigus (Unaware, Poison Heal)
:Pyroar: Pyroar (Desolate Land, Tinted Lens, Chlorophyll)
:typhlosion: Typhlosion (Desolate Land, Tinted Lens, Chlorophyll)
:delphox: Delphox (Unburden, Desolate Land, Chlorophyll, Psychic Surge)
:houndoom: Houndoom (Chlorophyll)

C+ Rank
:oricorio pom-pom: Oricorio Pom Pom (Delta Stream, Magic Bounce)
:passimian: Passimian (Regenerator, Merciless)
:haunter: Haunter (Merciless)
:magmortar: Magmortar (Magnet Pull)
:mr mime: Mr Mime (Unburden, Tinted Lens)
:silvally: Silvally (Regenerator)
:guzzlord: Guzzlord (Regenerator, Mega Launcher, Poison Heal)

Last edited:
STABmon Doubles watchlist

It has been some time since we've discussed STABmon Doubles, so I'm going to do it to spark some interest and list which prominent threats anyone should be wary.

Chansey :chansey:(:blissey:)

Admittedly, I think I might have overhyped Transform. It's good, just not as dangerous as I thought unless it's Diancie (trust me, it's hard not to activate Weakness Policy than it sounds). But to recap, having both Fake Out and Follow Me makes Chansey a huge issue as it can provide momentum with its amazing bulk. With other good supporting options such as Stealth Rock, Whirlwind and Heal Pulse. Furthermore, Chansey now has Super Fang which is mostly better than Seismic Toss except for KO anything with it. I would need some replays to inspect whenever or not Chansey's broken in STABmon Doubles or not. While Blissey wasn't used, I will ban it as well if Chansey's banned.

Araquanid :araquanid:

One Pokemon that's recently been banned in STABmon is Araqunid. I think its Tail Glow set might transition to STABmon Doubles well. Araquanid could replace Steam Eruption for Origin Pulse or Muddy Water for hitting multiple foes while not getting roadblocked by Gastrodon, not that it would do much to it anyway. Surprise to see that it might be a threat that's considered banworthy.

Hyperspace Hole :hoopa-unbound::hoopa:

With how valuable Protect is in Doubles, Hyperspace Hole could be a potential problem as it breaks through it. Prominent users include Tapu Lele, Mew, Deoxys-Attack, Cresselia, and Victini. On the other hand, Incineroar does check them well. As for Hyperspace Fury, that's restricted on Unbound Forme so we shouldn't worry about it.

Mega Metagross :metagross-mega:

Heavy Slam alone enables it to get OHKO offensive Tapu Koko, as well as dish out heavy damage on Amoonguss and Tapu Fini. Not certain about how dangerous it is in practice, but it's worth being careful of.

Stuff that you shouldn't be too wary of:
Aerodactyl :aerodactyl::aerodactyl-mega:

The biggest factor is Diamond Storm is banned, so it's stuck with Rock Slide, Stone Edge, or Head Smash if you're hardcore. It may also suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome as it struggles to fit Accelrock, Tailwind, Sky Drop and Stealth Rock all at the same time. Lastly, Earthquake is not recommended on it since it doesn't gain STAB, leaving it easily walled by Steel-types like Mega Metagross and Aegislash.

There's no reason to use regular Aerodactyl when its Mega form is available and its Choice Band set isn't as good in Stabmon Doubles.

Blacephalon :blacephalon:
Unless it's monofire, Blacephalon shouldn't be a main concern. It's vulnerable to revenge killed due to its low bulk, and speed control can easily dealt with it. Eruption isn't reliable as expected, so it's best to stick with Blue Flare and Moongeist Beam. Or use other Fire-types.

Celesteela :celesteela:

Struggling right now due to Incineroar.

Extreme Speed :lopunny-mega::altaria-mega::diggersby:

Tapu Lele being legal in STABmon Doubles makes FakeSpeed strategy even less reliable combined with none of these users are particularly amazing in Doubles. Stick with Fake Out for supporting unless they can learn Belly Drum.

Porygon-Z :porygon-z:

Even with how appealing Z-conversation may be, it eventually fell out of favor in most formats and Boomburst (the primary reason why it's banned in STABmon) being less than desirable. Better off skipping this mon.

alternatively i could wait for gen 8

Last edited:
Bad set for Camo Uber:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Trick
Note: 20 SpD lets it tank 2 uninvested Moonblast from Ghost/Fairy Timid Lunala from full.

Anyways, I liked to post this one too:
Mix and Mega LC Presents:

Rhyhorn is a decent Red Orb user with an additional typing that grant it great STAB combination that can hit a lot for at least neutral damage. It seperates itself from other users like Salandit and Bulbasaur with the ability to 2HKO Blue Orb Ferroseed and a good physical bulk. While it still gets 2HKOed, it can't be one-shotted by many strong neutral physical attacks either. However, it is quite slow without a Rock Polish boost, meaning it will almost always take a hit first. In addition, its low special bulk leaves it vulnerable to strong special attacker such as Diancite Abra and Leaf Storm Tangela, it even can't switch into some neutral special coverage from pokemon like Sceptilite Staryu, Giga Drain Tangela as it gets 2HKOed.

Rhyhorn @ Red Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 36 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Stone Edge / Rock Blast​

Red Orb Rhyhorn is used as a late game sweeper once its checks are weakened or eliminated. Rock Polish is used to patch its low speed, Fire Fang and Earthquake is for STAB, and either Swords Dance to boost its high Attack or Stone Edge to hit Pinsirite Archen, Blue Orb Wingull and Pinsirite Ponyta for super-effective damage. Rock Blast is alternative as well for breaking Surskit's Focus Sash and Dwebble's Sturdy. Adamant is chosen to boost its Attack stats to the point it OHKOes Pinsirite Mienfoo and Altarianite Zigzagoon after Stealth Rock and Sceptilite Staryu and 16 Def Eviolite Mareanie from full. A Jolly Nature can be used to outspeed Sneasel, Lopunnite Buneary and Scyther after a Rock Polish boost, but it misses out some KOes. The remaining 116 HP and 36 SpD Evs allows Rhyhorn to tank +2 Scyther's Aerial Ace, Adamant Meditite's High Jump Kick and Diancite Gastly's Shadow Ball from full and Offensive Jolly Gligar's Earthquake, +1 Adamant Pinsirite Klink's Return and a 2HKO from Metagrossite Pawniard's Night Slash after Stealth Rock, assuming the chip damage was taken in its base form. An alternative spread of 36 HP / 156 Atk / 116 SpD / 156 Spe can be used to tank few special attacks such as +2 Z-Conversion Porygon's non-STAB Ice Beam from full and Modest Lucarionite Yanma's Air Slash after Stealth Rock, which again, the chip was taken in its base form, but at the cost of unable to reliably survived hits from +2 Scyther and Adamant Meditite from full, and can only tank some physical attackers like Jolly Gligar, Pinsirite Klink and Metagrossite Pawniard from full. Another spread of 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe allows Rhyhorn to outspeed Lopunnite Buneary, Sneasel and Scyther while having the power to score OHKOs on some pokemon, but it will no longer survived most of the aforementioned attacks reliably.

Rhyhorn @ Red Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 156 Spe
Naughty / Naive Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge​

This set is a mixed variant using Fire Blast over Fire Fang. Fire Blast actually hits harder than Fire Fang thanks to having a higher base power and a huge Special Attack boost the Red Orb provides. Fire Blast also OHKOes Eviolite Tangela, Aggronite Mudbray and Offensive Berry Juice / Acrobatics Gligar, which Fire Fang misses to, and 2HKOes Defensive Gligar and Pinsirite Archen from full. This set uses either Naughty or Naive Nature to increased Fire Blast's power while still having enough special bulk to tank Red Orb Ponyta's Fire Blast from full.

Attack Damage:
Adamant Nature

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Earthquake vs. 84 HP / 188 Def Blue Orb Ferroseed: 13-16 (59 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16)

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 132 HP / 108 Def Altarianite Zigzagoon in Harsh Sunshine: 18-22 (81.8 - 100%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22)

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Sceptilite Staryu: 16-21 (84.2 - 110.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
(16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21)

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Pinsirite Mienfoo in Harsh Sunshine: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Jolly Nature
156 Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Pinsirite Mienfoo in Harsh Sunshine: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19)

156 Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 132 HP / 108 Def Altarianite Zigzagoon in Harsh Sunshine: 16-19 (72.7 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

156 Atk Rhyhorn Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Sceptilite Staryu: 16-19 (84.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Survival Damage:
116 HP / 36 SpD

196 SpA Diancite Gastly Shadow Ball vs. 116 HP / 36 SpD Rhyhorn: 22-27 (84.6 - 103.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 27)

+2 196 Atk Technician Scyther Aerial Ace vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 22-27 (84.6 - 103.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

196+ Atk Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 22-27 (84.6 - 103.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

236 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 20-26 (76.9 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(20, 20, 20, 20, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26)

+1 236+ Atk Aerilate Klink Return vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 21-25 (80.7 - 96.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 25)

236 Atk Tough Claws Pawniard Night Slash vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 10-13 (38.4 - 50%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)

36 HP / 116 SpD
196 SpA Diancite Gastly Shadow Ball vs. 36 HP / 116 SpD Rhyhorn: 19-24 (76 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24)

+2 196 Atk Technician Scyther Aerial Ace vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 22-27 (88 - 108%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

196+ Atk Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 22-27 (88 - 108%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

236 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 20-26 (80 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(20, 20, 20, 20, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26)

+1 236+ Atk Aerilate Klink Return vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 21-25 (84 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 25)

236 Atk Tough Claws Pawniard Night Slash vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Rhyhorn: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
(10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)

+2 236 SpA Porygon Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 116 SpD Rhyhorn: 21-25 (84 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 23, 23, 23, 23, 24, 24, 24, 24, 25)

236+ SpA Adaptability Lucarionite Yanma Air Slash vs. 36 HP / 116 SpD Rhyhorn: 20-24 (80 - 96%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24)

Fire Fang vs Fire Blast
156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Pinsirite Mienfoo in Harsh Sunshine: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

36 SpA Rhyhorn Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Pinsirite Mienfoo in Harsh Sunshine: 19-24 (90.4 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
(19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24)

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 116 HP / 116 Def Filter Aggronite Mudbray in Harsh Sunshine: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 22)

36 SpA Rhyhorn Fire Blast vs. 116 HP / 76+ SpD Filter Mudbray in Harsh Sunshine: 27-33 (108 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(27, 27, 28, 28, 28, 28, 28, 28, 28, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 33)

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 156 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Tangela in Harsh Sunshine: 14-20 (56 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(14, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)

36 SpA Rhyhorn Fire Blast vs. 156 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Tangela in Harsh Sunshine: 32-38 (128 - 152%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 36, 38)

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gligar in Harsh Sunshine: 15-18 (65.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

36 SpA Rhyhorn Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gligar in Harsh Sunshine: 22-27 (95.6 - 117.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 236 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Gligar in Harsh Sunshine: 7-10 (26.9 - 38.4%) -- 84.5% chance to 3HKO
(7, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10)

36 SpA Rhyhorn Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 0+ SpD Eviolite Gligar in Harsh Sunshine: 15-18 (57.6 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

156+ Atk Rhyhorn Fire Fang vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Pinsirite Archen in Harsh Sunshine: 9-11 (39.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11)

36 SpA Rhyhorn Fire Blast vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Pinsirite Archen in Harsh Sunshine: 11-13 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO
(11, 11, 11, 11, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)
Perhaps, I can do something like this on other Mashup as well.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
We're nearing the end of August's Mashup Spotlight and with this, it's time for new voting options. Drampa is currently on a break and we are heading towards the end of this generation. With that, I've decided to come up with five different options to choose from this time.

Here they are:
Nearly anything that can be hacked in-game and is usable in local battles is allowed in a 1v1 setting.

Clauses:
BH Clauses

Banlist:
Pokemon: None

Moves:
Chatter, Perish Song

Items:
Focus Sash

Abilities:
Huge Power, Innards Out, Moody, Parental Bond, Protean, Psychic Surge, Pure Power, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard

Complex Bans:
Transform + Imprison

FAQ:
Q: Where can I play this?
A: by tours on the main server
/tour new 1v1, elimination
/tour setautostart 10
/tour rules +Illegal, +Unreleased, Ability Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Moves Clause, CFZ Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Endless Battle Clause, HP Percentage Mod, Cancel Mod, Team Preview, -Huge Power, -Innards Out, -Moody, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Psychic Surge, -Pure Power, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Chatter, !species clause, +Arceus, +Darkrai, +Deoxys-Base, +Deoxys-Attack, +Deoxys-Defense, +Dialga, +Giratina, +Groudon, +Ho-Oh, +Kangaskhan-Mega, +Kyogre, +Kyurem-Black, +Kyurem-White, +Lugia, +Lunala, +Marshadow, +Mewtwo, +Mimikyu, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, +Palkia, +Rayquaza, +Reshiram, +Salamence-Mega, +Shaymin-Sky, +Snorlax, +Solgaleo, +Tapu +Koko, +Xerneas, +Yveltal, +Zekrom, -Transform + Imprison
/tour name [Gen 7] BH 1v1

Sample Sets: Needed
Sample Teams: Needed
Replays: Wanted!
Nearly anything that can be hacked in-game and is usable in local battles is allowed but each Pokémon can change type to match their first two moves.

Clauses:
BH Clauses

Banlist:
Pokemon: None

Abilities: Arena Trap, Contrary, Huge Power, Illusion, Innards Out, Magnet Pull, Moody, Parental Bond, Protean, Psychic Surge, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Stakeout, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard

Moves:
Chatter

Items:
Gengarite

Complex Bans:
Comatose + Sleep Talk

FAQ:
A: by tours on the main server
/tour new camomons, elim
/tour setautostart 10
/tour ruleset +illegal, +uber, Pokemon, Ability Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Moves Clause, CFZ Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Endless Battle Clause, HP Percentage Mod, Cancel Mod, !Species Clause, +Dragonite, +Kartana, +Kyurem-Black, +Latias-Mega, +Shedinja, +Power Construct, +Baton Pass, -Arena Trap, -Huge Power, -Illusion, -Innards Out, -Magnet Pull, -Moody, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Psychic Surge, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Stakeout, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Gengarite, -Chatter, -Comatose + Sleep Talk
/tour name [Gen 7] Camomons BH

Mega Stones and Primal Orbs can be used on almost any fully evolved Pokémon with no Mega Evolution limit, in a Doubles setting.

Clauses:
Doubles Clauses
Mega Stone / Orb Clause: Only one of each stone on a team

Bans:

Restricted Mega Stones: Beedrillite, Blazikenite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite, Pidgeotite

Can't Mega Evolve non-natively: Arceus, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Dragonite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Jirachi, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Magearna, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Naganadel, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Reshiram, Slaking, Snorlax, Solgaleo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom

FAQ:
Q: Where is this playable?
A: Playable on Rom.psim.us

Sample Sets: Wanted!
Sample Teams: Wanted!
Mega Stones and Primal Orbs can be used on non-native Pokemon with no Mega Evolution limit in a ZeroUsed setting.

Clauses:
OU Clauses

Banlist:
Pokemon: All Pokemon above PU, PU, Carracosta, Crabominable, Gorebyss, Jynx, Musharna, Raticate-Alola, Raticate-Alola-Totem, Throh, Turtonator, Type: Null, Ursaring, Victreebel, Zangoose

FAQ:
A: Rom.psim.us or by tour on the main server
/tour new Mix and Mega, elimination, 32, 1
/tour setautostart 10
/tour rules -Uber, -OU, -UUBL, -UU, -RUBL, -RU, -NUBL, -NU, -PUBL, -PU, -Carracosta, -Crabominable, -Gorebyss, -Jynx, -Musharna, -Raticate-Alola, -Raticate-Alola-Totem, -Throh, -Turtonator, -Type: -Null, -Ursaring, -Victreebel, -Zangoose, +Pinsir-Mega, +Glalie-mega, +Lopunny-mega, +Camerupt-mega, +Manectric-mega, +Banette-mega, +Ampharos-mega, +Altaria-mega
/tour name [Gen 7] Mix and Mega ZeroUsed

Pokémon can use any ability, barring the few that are restricted to their natural users, in a Little Cup setting.

Run by Roldski32

Clauses:
Little Cup Clauses
Ability Clause: Teams are limited to 2 of the same ability, this includes "variants" such as Teravolt and Turboblaze.

Banlist:
Pokemon:
Aipom, Archen, Cutiefly, Gligar, Meditite, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Porygon, Scyther, Sneasel, Tangela, Yanma
Moves:
Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom
Items:
Eevium Z

Restricted abilities: Arena Trap, Comatose, Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Parental Bond, Protean, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple, Speed Boost, Stakeout, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard

FAQ:
A: Rom.psim.us or by tour on the main server
/tour new LC, elimination, 32, 1
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 3.5
/tour rules -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Huge Power, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Stakeout, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, +Gothita, +Swirlix, +Torchic, +Vulpix, -Archen, +Drifloon, Ignore Illegal Abilities, Ability Clause
/tour name [Gen 7] Almost Any Ability LC

Note that this code will ban these abilities even on Pokemon that naturally have access to them. Use your own judgement in unbanning abilities.

Sample Sets:
Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws / Tinted Lens
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
Abra @ Life Orb / Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute / Knock Off / Shadow Ball
Omanyte @ Eviolite / Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling / Queenly Majesty
EVs: 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]
Sample Teams: Roldski32's LCAAA Sample Pack
Other Resources: Viability Rankings

Discussion Points: Skill Link- ban or keep?

Three things to note regarding these options:
  • Voting will end on September 15th at 9 AM EDT.
  • Mix and Mega Doubles will have to be played on https://rom.psim.us. It cannot be made as a tournament in the OM Mashups subroom.
  • Voting will be on the OM Mashups discord in the voting channel.
Have fun voting!

Along with this I'm glad to announce that OM Mashups is now officially a public subroom of Other Metas on PS! Thanks to everyone who supported us along the way so far! Come check out this room!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)