Project OM Interviews (#22: Ren)

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1613344363732.png

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you're staying happy and have as much joy as you spread :)

On the topic of Valentine's Day, what'd be the perfect gift to get? Candy? Flowers?

What do you think 2021 has in store for you? Any plans?

What's it like being the cutest user on this website :3

Favorite TV Show

Band/Song?

Most embarrasing story?

That's all I got, we love you dude for real!! I hope you continue to stick around and can maybe come back to mnm council one day too :)

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I met you when you nearly gave up your spot in the Magearnas because you believed that I wanted to be drafted more than you did and I'd "be a way better pick" something that I found really humorous back in 2019 cause I was less involved with OMs than what I am even now. You're a fantastic user and genuinely the nicest person I've met on Smogon. I wish there were more users like you playing this game.

questions so that I can say I contributed:

1) You're a polyglot, what do you think the best approach is to picking up a language, especially if it's something far from what your native language is.
2) What's your most disastrous experiment while trying to build? I'm talking trying to scrape the bottom of the VR and finding absolutely nothing.
3) Do you think Doubles OMs have a future?
4) Do you prefer living in Lausanne or Italy?
5) :blobnom:

I hope you win the Smogon Award for nicest user, you truly deserve it friend!

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
why do you have a yveltal as your pfp?
Grats on badge Fardin!!! You're wrong though, it's not a Yveltal, it's a Magikarp, aka MnM's best birb!! :blobnom:
You were a great OMPL partner Fardin :heart:

who is the nicest user and why is it you?
The jury's still out on that one :bloblul: Many really nice users that I look up to did not make the cut on Smogon Awards, and I'm definitely no better than any of them, or than any of the people that did make the cut!
Another great OMPL partner sweet Jett :heart:

On the topic of Valentine's Day, what'd be the perfect gift to get? Candy? Flowers?
Probably a memory :) Flowers wither and candy suffers an even murkier destiny, whereas memories last for a long time!
Like how I remember you saying nice things about me in MnM cord when I wasn't there yet :heart:

What do you think 2021 has in store for you? Any plans?
I hope to obtain my Master's degree, to be able to meet more Smogon friends irl, and to develop healthier eating habits :) Also, I hope that Cousiin and I both find a stage soon!
Can't plan any trips yet, unfortunately, but if I get to see more of France, I'll consider myself really fortunate!!

What's it like being the cutest user on this website :3
SFG, Xizaaa, S poi re any idea? :blobnom:

Favorite TV Show
Ok, hard one but I have a list so I'm just going to c/p from it ^^
Series: Gilmore girls, Friends, The office, Scrubs, Sense 8, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, Sherlock, Breaking Bad.
Cartoons: Justice League (+ Unlimited), Teen Titans, Young Justice (seasons 1 and 2), X-Men Evolution, ATLA and ALoK, Phineas and Ferb, Futurama.
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, One Piece, Detective Conan.

Band/Song?
Bands/Artists I love include The Queen, Blink-182, Foo Fighters, Sum-41, Avril Lavigne, Ne-Yo, Rihanna, Eminem, Panic! at the disco, The Killers, and many Italian artists :)
My 2 all-time favorite songs are I miss you by Blink-182 and Mr.Brightside by The Killers!

Most embarrasing story?
I was trying to look for sober stories to almost no avail but then I remembered that alcohol exists ^^' So yeah, being so drunk that I pass out very early on at a party after people helped me throw up, or confessing relinquished feelings because of the inherent lack of self-control definitely take the spot x)
Drink responsibly, guys and only when you're legally allowed! (I, and this is true, only started trying once it was legal :))

How can you be so perfect?
I'm not perfect by any means :0 You must be thinking of The Number Man, or maybe of yourself, my dear friend :heart:

How do you feel about your well deserved incoming "nicest user" award? :blobnom:
"Man I'll look like a fool tomorrow when I lose x)" is my main thought right now ^^ I'm not going to lie, winning it would really mean a lot, but being nominated twice in a row is already something for which I'm extremely grateful! And winning coolest user in OFCS, which was quite the surprise, would definitely be important enough of a win for the year!!
(Your voice is amazing and so are you :heart:)

1) You're a polyglot, what do you think the best approach is to picking up a language, especially if it's something far from what your native language is.
2) What's your most disastrous experiment while trying to build? I'm talking trying to scrape the bottom of the VR and finding absolutely nothing.
3) Do you think Doubles OMs have a future?
4) Do you prefer living in Lausanne or Italy?
5) :blobnom:
My Adonis friend who has the charisma of a Greek God :heart: Next time I see you on a call I'm jumping in!!
1) Ohh interesting question! Personally, I've never had the experience of having to learn an idiom very different from my native language all by myself, as I studied German (arguably the most different language from Italian out of those that I know) in school for 8 years, and all my courses were taught in German so I was constantly immersed. As far as English goes, when I was a teen I've exposed myself to English-speaking media and English books without translating everything. Developing a contextual understanding was a good first step, which then allowed me to grasp some peculiar expressions. Overall, I felt that I learned better when it didn't feel like I was learning something at all, when I was having fun and being entertained.
2) Oh noo I love all my teams don't make me insult them ;-; But if I have to pick, something comes to mind (besides the countless double stone mishaps, one recently with 2 Metagrossites that I really could not solve for the life of me, so I had to throw the whole team out).
There was a player around, in 2019, who was fixed on Sylveon and wanted people to help him build around it, in every meta, including Mix and Mega. So, wanting to help them, I really built a team around Slyveon, which I was not very proud of x) To top it off, they were unsatisfied with the team because it did not have any other Eeveelution, at which point I had to tell them that I could not help any longer...
3) Whatever happened with Partners in Crime? :smogduck: Doubles are fun and dynamic, I recently tried 2v2 for the suspect and found it to be quite a fun tier. Of course, to develop, Doubles OMs they need a player base, which might be the greatest obstacle. Time will tell :)
4) Both are beautiful places that have their perks and their downsides! I have to say that once you have friends, either place feels like home and feels welcoming, even the cold and expensive Lausanne and the chaotic and disorganized Rome!
5) :blobnom::heart::blobnom:

Gman

If today was a friday night, and I told you I was pregnant while we were skydiving, how fast would a chicken fly?
Hey sweet Secty :heart: I love seeing that sunflower and that banner!!
You asked a very hard question, as I can't proceed to experimentations until next Friday, so I have to answer theoretically :0
It is a given that a chicken's longest recorded flight is 13 seconds.
If the chicken were competing with us in some kind of skydiving competition, then it would be flying at high speed but trying to make the fall last at least 14 seconds to break the world record!
If we assumed that I was the chicken in the scenario, I'd be free-falling at high speed, but definitely not away from you, we're raising that baby together, a child needs a father and a father!
If the chicken was just passing by, then we'd need to know how far Agarica was standing from him (he's the most powerful chick magnet I know), and then merely calculate minimum speed by dividing that distance by 13 seconds (as empirically, the flight won't last any longer than that). The metric system surely helps us. If we assume that the chicken is 1000 km away from Agarica, and that it's a regular chicken that doesn't fly for unnatural lapses of time, then the chicken is flying towards him at a minimum speed of just under 77km/s, or ~276923km/h.
Hopefully, it won't hit the pregnant Secty mid-flight :psynervous:

Gman

Was late in seeing this oops but will you be my valentine next year?
I will be your valentine this year, Volky :3 You are best!!

1) favorite italian dish?
As far as savory foods are concerned, Pasta alla Genovese is probably my favorite. It's not to be confused with Pesto alla Genovese, which is the classic everyone knows. Rather, it's a typical Neapolitan dish where the sauce is composed of onions that have been stewed for hours with meat and herbs, and honestly I love it ^^
My favorite Italian Desert is Cassata alla Siciliana. It's an extremely sweet ricotta-based cake that I would eat day and night ^^

My favorite international cuisines include Spanish, French, Thai, and Japanese cuisines. There's way too many things I like for me to be able to select just one though ^^

3) do you have any plans to sign up as a manager in this year's ompl?
I had seriously not thought about it this year, prior to reading this question :0 I think that if I have the opportunity to co-manage, I'll gladly take it! However, being the main manager is too much for me, imho, seen as I'd bring little to no practical support to my players!
If I do get the opportunity, I can only hope that my players are half as active and positive and reassuring as you've been last WCoOMWC :heart:

Also S/O to Quantum Tesseract whom my brain sabotaged last night, and to PTF because his tag did not go through ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)