Resource OM Bazaar

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OM Bazaar banner.png

Big thanks to Gravity Monkey for making this!
Other Metagames Team Bazaar
Taken mostly from the Gen 7 OM Bazaar posted by scpinion | (Banner coming soon!)
The OM community features many metagames, and that can be frightening to some people first exploring this subforum. This project is here to aid newer players by providing teams that allow them to learn the metagame they're interested in.

There are two components:

1) This Thread
This thread is occasionally where teams are obtained from. OM community members, we want your submissions and your feedback! Read below for how to contribute a team and feel free to provide *constructive* feedback on a newer player's team.

2) Sample Teams
Teams that are quite viable and relatively easy to use may be chosen as Sample Teams! This thread will be checked often by the users in charge of each metagame's Sample Teams section, and if a team you have submitted fits the above criteria, there is a possibility it will be picked!

This thread is only for metagames with a permanent ladder or metagames that were chosen as OMotM or LCotM!

Only post teams that you have tested
We only want teams that are viable/competitive. No memes! Teams that are not competitive will not be added to the sample team sections.

Feel free to request/offer feedback
In addition to showcasing good teams, this thread is a place where newer players can get community feedback on a team. Just make sure you ask for feedback when you post! If you're providing feedback, please be courteous and present it constructively.

Don't post full RMTs here
If you're going to take the time to explain every Pokémon on the team in detail, just make an RMT in the RMT forum and link the post here. It can still be added. Doing this showcases the OM community to everyone that visits the RMT forum, which is good for us!

Samples by Metagame
Almost Any Ability | Almost Any Ability Sample Teams Post
Camomons | Camomons Sample Teams Post
Balanced Hackmons | Balanced Hackmons Sample Teams Post
Mix and Mega | Mix and Mega Sample Teams Post
NFE | NFE Sample Teams Post
STABmons |
STABmons Sample Teams Post
Check individual threads for the sample teams of other OMs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sectonia

is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Here's how to make a post for this thread, if posting a team for others to see. It could be a post for people to show off their team, or a post asking for feedback. Either way, they should follow a similar format.

twilit sorrow (Kyurem) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

interwoven fate (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser
- Dragon Dance

aching shield (Rhyperior) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

brave solitary (Corviknight) @ Sablenite
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

lonely knowledge (Mew) @ Manectite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Roost
- Heal Bell

blazing power (Arcanine) @ Altarianite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
The team was built around the idea of Kyurem + Fairy Check (In this case, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane), with the rest of the team designed to try and maximize their ability to break.

(You can add more detail to each team member, to explain why you have chosen them, but this is optional, and if there is a lot of details, you may be asked to post it in the RMT Forums instead!)
Kyurem with its current stone is a fearsome breaker, so I thought about building around it. Its current EV spread allows it to outspeed Timid Lunala, with the rest dumped in HP. Necrozma-Dusk-Mane was added to compliment Kyurem, and act as the offensive Fairy check for the team. 36 Defense EVs allows it to survive Arcanine's Flare Blitz from full. Rhyperior provided a way to chip at Lunala and provide Stealth Rocks for the team. Corviknight and Mew is a classic defensive core, with Corviknight taking up the role of a specially defensive wall, and Mew being the cleric and physical wall. Arcanine was added last as speed control, and Arcanine is always a strong addition to most teams.
Ik the team is outdated, but it still serves its purpose as an example

- Keep it simple! Explain briefly what the team was meant to do, or was built around - You can take this time to explain a little more, and then request assistance, if you were making the post to ask for help.
- The details section is entirely optional, but it can help others understand why certain members were added. You can also use this section to explain your questions on what to fix if you're requesting help.

Sectonia

Reserved to serve as a portal for all teams posted - stay tuned!
I'll make it look better later
:ss/incineroar:
Pokesartoolcay: :snorlax: :oranguru: :incineroar: :aegislash:(Outdated)

:ss/snorlax:
Atha: :mew: :hydreigon: :gengar: :togekiss: :cinderace: :weavile:(Outdated)

:ss/darmanitan-galar-zen:

:ss/mew:
PlatypusVenom: :clefable: :gastrodon: :gyarados: :cinderace: :vikavolt: :inteleon:(Outdated)
pileosand: :clefable: :jellicent: :kommo-o: :mew: :arcanine: :dragapult:(Outdated)

:ss/arcanine:
Nakeeb: :corviknight: :clefable: :zeraora: :mew: :arcanine: :chandelure: (Outdated)
Redflix: Team Dump (Outdated)

:ss/sylveon:
pileosand: :dugtrio: :sylveon: :rotom-heat: :ferrothorn: :gengar: :dragapult: (Outdated)

Got any OM teams? Post them here and I'll add them here!

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
stab team that won suspect tour:
https://pokepast.es/8e2ab01515f9f0d9
:dugtrio::sylveon::rotom-heat::ferrothorn::gengar::dragapult:
based on the old galar ou teams of dug + double ghost. p standard defensive core of sylv + heattom + ferro. pult is broken and gengar pressures its checks super hard. dug traps weakened sylv and revenges stuff.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

camo team that won roomtour (vish banned):
https://pokepast.es/d91101ae72351aab
:clefable::Jellicent::kommo-o::mew::arcanine::dragapult:
idk man i just kinda slapped mons together that i thought were cool, nothing special really

Last edited:
Figured I drop this since 2v2 was omotm a few months back and still gets pretty good play:

:ss/snorlax::ss/oranguru::ss/incineroar::ss/aegislash:

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Atk / 36 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Protect
- Body Press

Oranguru @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Instruct
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

This is pretty much my take on Snorlax spam, popularized by MikeTheEntei in roomtours a few weeks back. Oranguru is great support, helping against Fighting-types such as Sawk and facilitating Snorlax's setup with Trick Room and Instruct. Incineroar provides excellent Fake Out Support, being a Ferrothorn answer, and hitting Ghost-types with Knock Off. Aegislash is here to give the team a potent Special Attacker, along with a Fighting-type immunity. It was a refresher to build something that wasn’t redirection spam or FWG. This is the stalest 2v2 meta I’ve built in lmao.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day as always.

This team has generally been doing pretty well in Camomons, though I'm only in mid-1300's atm. Advice appreciated.

1588903890035.png
View attachment 243910
1588903962337.png
View attachment 243911
1588903904240.png
1588903953375.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Infestation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Gyarados@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Court Change

Vikavolt@ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Energy Ball
- Sticky Web

Inteleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Surf
- Air Slash

Clefable [Fire/Fairy] is a more defensive set with the ability to become an offensive threat if given the opportunity. I tried Magic Guard LO but it was just a little too frail for my purposes. The Fire/Fairy typing gives it excellent resistances and STAB coverage; the only downside is the popularity of ground- and water-types.

Gastrodon [Ground/Bug] is essentially Clefable but handles a different set of threats. Originally, this was a hard counter to Dracovish, but it became so much more than that, walling out physical threats like Haxorus and Conkeldurr. I originally ran Curse > Ice Beam so it can set up similarly to Clefable, but flying-types and levitators could only be damaged by Infestation. I find that Gastrodon can net a surprising amount of KOs with uninvested and unboosted EQ and Ice Beam (this Gastrodon has KO'd too many Dragon/Steel Dragapult by just throwing out an EQ here and there). This set often loses to Fire, Flying, and most setup sweepers.

Gyarados [Ground/Water] is this team's primary win condition. Scarf with max Spe investment allows it to outspeed Dragapult and almost every meta scarf user. Scarf is used over DD because (a) I don't need to set up and (b) switching in and getting a kill on an unsuspecting opponent is usually enough to gain Moxie momentum and win the match. It Gyarados wins if there aren't any flying-types or levitators, so the goal is to save it until they're all gone. Earthquake and Waterfall are standard sweeping options, while Stone Edge is just used for the occasional hard read. Crunch is not used at all, so I'd like a suggestion.

Cinderace [Bug/Fire] is a fast pivot with hazard control and can cleanup late-game if needed. All the moves are used pretty frequently, although the mon in general seems kinda lackluster so I'm open to suggestions for this team slot.

Vikavolt [Electric/Steel] is my lead. It used to have specs but that was a bit too suffocating for me. It's primary role is to net early KO's with reads or by feigning specs. I used to have Bug Buzz > Sticky Web but I never used it so I decided to give it a utility option. Sticky Web is not normally used unless they give Vikavolt time to breathe since, like I mentioned, this set is designed to profit KO's off switch reads.

Inteleon [Ice/Ghost] is in an ever-changing team slot. It's currently filled with Inteleon to take care of Gyarados' threats and flying-types, but I haven't had much of a chance to use it yet.

In general, most of the battle is switching between Clefable, Gastrodon, and Vikavolt, which cover each other's weaknesses pretty well. Cinderace is mainly used for hazard control often and pressures the opponent to switch to something more favorable for the rest of the team. It isn't ever used as a sweeper, usually providing chip damage at most. The ideal win condition for the team is to KO fliers ASAP and sweep with Gyara's EQ, but some fliers like Togekiss are difficult to deal with. Especially Togekiss. Anyways, I mostly posted this to get some feedback, but it's been doing pretty well so feel free to take it out for a spin.

Attachments

This was my team that I used to peak ladder for like a week or so, except chandy was lunala. Not really much to say bout this team... pretty standard for an MnM team. Arcanine's pinsirite because it breaks stuff that would check it's more common set (altarianite) such as toxapex. Zera's there because it's broken. Clef is there because it's the best rocker in the tier. Corviknight's a defogger and good pivot, same as mew and probably the most consistent check to zeraora. I replaced Lunala with Chandelure because I saw Andyboy going crazy with it so I decided to try it out. So far it's been doing very well for my team.

edit: outdated :(

Last edited:

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
gonna drop few teams that i used in ssnl/ladder

1588950485385.png
Kyurem white offense which i feel is quite good. paired it up with arcanine and zera to break most walls. Also features play rough lopunnite zera which i think is cool. Corviknight + mew checks most of the threats and rhyperior is a pretty great rock setter imo. Glalitite Excadrill could be a problem after the rapid spin boost + facade so u gotta watch out for that

1588950933325.png
features cm necrozma dusk mane which is pretty decent set. sablenite curse hippo + venu corvi + clef is a p standard but effective defensive core. pinsirite lucario and zera are both quite threatening to most teams. Opposing metagrossite zera could be a problem but the mu is still doable

1588951229643.png
Pretty cool team with banetite jellicent and pinsirite zeraora. jellicent blocks spin from latiosite/metagrossite excadrill and is a p decent check to arcanine/necrozma dusk mane. pinsirite zeraora is also very good and often under prepared for. Corvi + clef is p standard. Diancite hydreigon was for lunala but still does well vs dawn wings/ chandelure altho u could change it to blastoisinite.

Sectonia

wow ahaha this thread died for a while............

I wouldn't have bumped this thread if I didn't have anything to contribute to this, so here, have a Mix and Mega team, post-DLC 1.

om bazaar climbers.png <- Click me!

This was built around Urshifu-Rapid-Strikes + Slowbro, which I thought was a potent core. I then added Rotom to serve as a Magearna counter, and then a Magearna to act as a cleric. Excadrill serves as my spinner, and Arcanine wraps all this up with excellent speed control and giving me slow pivoting as well!

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll contribute to this thread since I've always been a huge fan of the Bazaars in every section. Here's some teams I made on my phone while I was bored that I know I'll never get around to using in a more serious nature. Maybe some people can use these to get reqs for the STABmons suspect and stop using my sample submission for once lol.

:slowking::sylveon::cinderace::ferrothorn::gyarados::runerigus:
This was a fun balance I built when I wanted to build around AV Slowking, a really nice blanket check to special attackers. The basic idea is to abuse Slowking's Future Sight+Pivot into Cinderace to catch common V-Create switchins like Toxapex off-guard. I chose Cinderace here over Marowak-Alola for its ability to threaten Tyranitar. For the rest of the build I went with Sylveon+Ferrothorn as hazards core that covers most other threats like Zeraora and Urshifu-Single-Strike. I chose Gyarados as an underrated sweeper in this metagame that can demolish a bunch of teams, and Runerigus was chosen to patch up the huge weakness to Terrakion. Pretty simple balance team that's been fun to use so far, try it out.

:magearna::crawdaunt::marowak-alola::hatterene::rhyperior::porygon2:
This is a Trick Room team I wanted to try out while V-Create was still legal. It's a pretty basic Trick Room team for the most part, with Magearna and Porygon2 as the Trick Room setters. Marowak-Alola and Crawdaunt are both insanely potent breakers under Trick Room, and Choice Band Rhyperior is a fun option that helps patch up weaknesses to opposing V-Create and Tyranitar. Hatterene is another nice choice for HO, as Magic Bounce is a useful tool to have to keep hazards of your side of the field. Fleur Cannon returning in DLC2 is a great tool for it as well as it hits insanely hard.

:klefki::terrakion::gyarados::alakazam::mimikyu::zeraora:
Another HO team, this time Screens. Wanted to try Klefki over the more popular Grimmsnarl here, as Spikes seemed beneficial to have at the cost of Taunt. Otherwise, this is a pretty straightforward Screens HO, though I did forego the popular Double Dance Magearna on this team due to not wanting too many type redundancies. All of the breakers on this team, especially Terrakion+Gyarados, have pretty limited counterplay, and cover each other well. Mimikyu is a great pick for offensive teams, as Disguise+Spectral Thief is a great stop to many opposing sweepers. Alakazam is an underrated pick as well in STAB, as there are few switchins to it at +2. This team is somewhat weak to opposing priority, namely Shadow Sneak users like Aegislash and Marowak-Alola, but the team can play around both of those matchups with aggressive play.

:hydreigon::sylveon::toxapex::scizor::terrakion::rotom-heat:
As seen by the name, this team's main draw for me is the fact that it looks like a Gen 7 UU team on the surface, bar the obvious Toxapex. I started this team with the desire to use Choice Band Scizor this gen, a Pokemon I have yet to see a single time since DLC dropped, but on paper looks terrifying. Additionally, I wanted to try out Choice Scarf Hydreigon for its speed control capabilites, particularly being able to outpace Scarfed Urshifu formes. After adding the defensive core of Sylveon+Toxapex, I felt that I was weak to Ferrothorn and other bulky Steel-types, so I added an offensive core of SD Terrakion and NP Rotom to cover that weakness. It was at this time that I noticed how much it looked like a Gen 7 UU team, so I figured I just had to share it lol.

I'm not gonna vouch too heavily for these teams effectiveness as they're just some fun builds I made, but please try them out! Also post in this thread more it's a really great resource to have!

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Double post idc I wanna bump this thread
My first Gen 8 AAA Team:
:spectrier::swampert::tapu bulu::zapdos::snorlax::barraskewda:
I built my first (serious) AAA team in forever, so I thought I'd share. I wanted to build around Spectrier after watching some WCoOM games, it seems really annoying in like every tier atm despite only having a few special moves. I also wanted to throw Swampert on here because it's been one of my favorite mons to watch people use so far in DLC2 meta. Tapu Bulu felt like it had pretty good synergy with these two just by virtue of typing and being a strong physical attacker, I really wasn't sure exactly what meta threats other than random Dark-types and Zeraora that annoy Spectrier. I opted for Desolate Land Zapdos to block Flip Turns from opposing Swampert, as well as provide a nice check to Barraskewda, which is another annoying Pokemon that outpaces Spectrier. After that, I went with Snorlax because it's been one of my favorite Pokemon in AAA for the past few generations, and it felt like it fit on this team pretty well. Finally, I went with Primordial Sea Barraskewda to form a weather core with Zapdos and for some extra speed control.

Not much to this team really, I'm sure there's a few Pokemon that can be really annoying to face like Ferrothorn and opposing Snorlax, but I was just excited to share my first team in a meta that seems really fun right now and that I hope to get more into by OMGS. Enjoy!

Welcome to Chazm's chasm! Recently my builder had been getting really frustrating to navigate, so I made a deal with myself - once I was done with all the major tournaments, I would dump my builder for other players to sift through, potentially finding builds that they might enjoy for theirselves. Today, that day has come. I recently reset my builder from around 2200 teams to 301, making it considerably easier to build with. I tried to filter these teams out to be DLC 2 only but the file sizes were so large that actually dealing with the text was a nightmare. So, without further ado, here are all of my teams that I have built up until this point for the 5 metagames in OMWC.

https://pastebin.com/2SQAWmf3 - BH
https://pastebin.com/NiACfJv5 - MnM (+ Skybolt)
https://pastebin.com/FYJaqtF0 - AAA
https://pastebin.com/Lnta5gts - STABmons
https://pastebin.com/rHqZQYC2 - Camomons

Please note that these files are huge and will likely lag up your computer if you're going to copy the whole thing, so copy selectively.

Pretty fun physical boosting Shared Power team since the month is coming to a close. Fairly match up based though.
Structure: I built the team around Beast Boost + Moxie Salamence because it seemed like a fun wincon. It's pretty effective but it requires all or most of the abilities to be set up to sweep. Scarf Kartana is an effective revenge killer/sweeper that provides beast boost and can do a ton of damage with all the ability stacking. I'm sure you've all seen Kart in this tier before. Hustle + No Guard is standard for physical teams in this meta, and Durant provides speed + priority that can also snowball like Salamence can if Beast Boost and Moxie are both enabled. Sash Golurk to get up rocks in most match ups as a lead, but I would recommend saving the sash in difficult match ups. Crawdaunt provides Adaptability and can pretty much guarantee you one kill every game, especially in the early game when your opponent is trying to activite abilities with weaker lead mons. Aqua Jet is very helpful to have. The last mon is either an offensive SD Decidueye or Rillaboom to act as another potential breaker/sweeper/revenge killer that provides a beneficial ability for certain match ups. Rillaboom's terrain also synergizes well with Kart but not with Salamence's EQ.
Variants: As I mentioned before, the team is pretty match up based in the sense that it does great in the majority of games but both variants have certain things that they struggle against hard. Using Rillaboom over Decidueye pretty much makes the Fluffy match up a guaranteed loss, while sacrificing Grassy Surge makes Psyterrain quite difficult and makes Psyterrain + Sturdy or Quick Feet almost unwinnable unless you manage to get all your abilities up super early and snowball with Salamence (mence does well against Sturdy thanks to Dual Wingbeat) or Durant. You kind of have to read the room and decide which variant to use based on what you're running into on the ladder. Decidueye is definitely better for lower ladder imo, as they tend to spam a lot of Fluffy + Ice Scales stuff and use less Lele teams. And usually the lower ladder doesn't have super optimized Psyterrain squads with Sturdy or Quick Feet, which you can beat by keeping more sacks by forcing kills early game and keeping Golurk's sash intact. When you get higher you do face a lot more of those really optimal Psyterrain teams so I would switch to Rillaboom as the default once you get around 1400's I guess.
Other Potential Set Variations:
Defog can be nice sometimes, especially if you run into random webs, so it could be slotted into Salamence's last slot or even Kart's moveset, but hazards seem to be way less prevalent in this meta and usually aren't an issue.
Dragon Dance is my preferred last move for Mence since it is crucial for beating Quick Feet revenge killers that outspeed +1 Mence as you can DD on protect. I've played around with coverage moves but find they generally aren't that useful. For example, Stone Edge for the Levitate Heatran match up is the same power as Dragon Rush with Adaptability active, and Iron Tail is only marginally stronger against Galar-Weezing than Dual Wingbeat. Crunch or Fire Blast could theoretically be helpful for Levitate Doublade or Skarm for the latter, but we have ways to weaken/lure them.
I use Thunder Fang on Durant primarily for Skarm because getting it out of the way for Mence is crucial for beating Sturdy teams, but you can use Crunch or Stomping Tantrum for Doublade and ohkoing bulky Blacephalon invested for a speed boost.
Last slot on Crawdaunt is complete filler
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Thunder Fang

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poltergeist
- High Horsepower
- Dynamic Punch

Decidueye @ Life Orb
Ability: Long Reach
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Crunch
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Thunder Fang

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Poltergeist
- High Horsepower
- Dynamic Punch

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Crunch

Last edited:

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I forgot this thread existed and the hackmons samples are really old

Bolt Beak Regieleki + Flip Turn Cramorant-Gorging Pure Hackmons Team

I wanted to build around Bolt Beak Regieleki, as it seemed like an interesting but comparatively unexplored Pokemon. Most Pokemon that aren't afraid of switching into Fissure get hit really hard by Bolt Beak, creating a nice combination; the move also hits hard in general, 2HKOing many metagame Pokemon outside of Eternamax. There's not much to say about the Eternamax sets, only that I changed the second one to have Spikes after I realized Cramorant could help prevent faster Taunts from opposing Pokemon not named Regieleki. Whirlwind's for physically defensive Eternamax to act as a second Shell Smash sweeper check, as Obstagoon's quite difficult to take down otherwise. Max Flare Comatose Regieleki is an improved version of the standard Comatose set, as Roar + Whirlwind is redundant; it 3HKOes most Zacian-C. The Grimmsnarl set is standard, having Horn Drill + Knock Off + Sucker Punch to attempt hitting as many Pokemon as possible. Cramorant's an interesting pick that helps as a paraspreader, also chipping Pokemon behind a Substitute. OHKO threatens Eternamax, Taunt forces the opponent to attack, reliable recovery is a must, and Flip Turn helps to know which Pokemon the opponent switches into (though it will often be Regieleki), giving the user an advantageous position.

I actually made an RMT of this team, it's here if you want to read it.

e: went 35-1 on the ladder; the loss was due to getting hit by sheer cold twice in a row

Last edited:

in the hills

spreading confusion
Posting a team dump here since I didn't really pass teams with World Cup and really only helped with testing, but I did my own thing and did a lot of building. Also only posting legal teams since I don't care about the banned ones anymore.

No Retreat Kommo-o
No Retreat Urshifu-RS
Gambity Webs
Pex Ferro Balance
Specs Gengar
CB Tornadus-Therian
Demon Mew BO
Scarf Tapu Fini BO
an attempt at making defensive Azu viable (spoiler: it still isn't)
Reuniclus BO
Nihilego Offense
Galarian Form Roost Moltres-Galar Offense
Reuniclus+Hydreigon Bulky Offense
Rhyperior Balance
Galarian Form Funny Gambit spam

Some of the more gambit centric stuff is pretty meme but fun to use nonetheless. As I was pasting all these teams I realized I've somehow not built with Tapu Lele a single time recently which is pretty crazy, genuinely no clue how that happened lol.....
Anyways enjoy!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Now that I am out of the STABmons Open I thought I'd post the teams I used. These teams come in two varieties: threatspam hyper-offense and not very good.

The nicknames are almost universally terrible, I know.

:hydreigon::terrakion::slowking::ferrothorn::gyarados::excadrill:
:bisharp::accelgor::gengar::thundurus-therian::urshifu-rapid-strike::magearna:
:volcarona::buzzwole::thundurus-therian::urshifu-rapid-strike::tyranitar::corviknight:
:buzzwole::slowking::magearna::weavile::nihilego::tornadus-therian:
:hawlucha::tapu_lele::grimmsnarl::polteageist::magearna::zygarde-10:
This last team is probably the best I built this open, largely because Screens Double Dance Magearna is ridiculous.

:rillaboom::magearna::rhyperior:
:heliolisk::buzzwole::tapu_fini:
:gigalith::slowbro-galar::porygon2::drampa::mew::conkeldurr:
If you use this team change Gigalith -> Tyranitar; I only originally built around Gigalith because I randpoked it for a roomtour. But don't use it.
:krookodile::polteageist::braviary::magearna::weavile::terrakion:

Hope you find my teams useful ^_^

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
These are all the teams i built for stab open. Pretty similar styles.
Fun mag team
Webs + spikes lead offense
Mono choice
specs kyurem
Big boys that have big attack stats
Poliwrath rain
Screens set-up
Choice webs

Also i never got around to building it, but i wanted to use this set. Basically a lot of flip turn rn so just switch in on a flip and get your boosts. ada is needed for some ohko rolls like sucker against zeraora and hjk against seismitoad.
:ss/cinderace:
Cinderace @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Libero
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Pyro Ball

This is my actual BH team that I use. Even though I suck, I can sometimes get wins anyways lol.
Amogus is very sus(ik very cringe), but also useful for a counter sweep if he is not already dead. Also, I think blissey is the best carrier of imp.
Curly Fries is my ultra setup sweeper. 2 moves, and now you have 1314 sp.atk and can actually take a hit. Cosmic Power is optional if ur low on turns
Heah? is my Unaware user. It is so useful going up against drummers. It's also a techno reference lol. He can either steal the boost, which is useless or say do a flip and use topsy turvy. I might replace spectral thief but u can threaten them so idk.
RockEmSockEm is my backup plan. He can smack you with a 90BP drain punch, steal ur boosts, set up himself, or frick your setup with haze. Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none
Blasta is a tank. Even though he can pretty much hit most of ubers cause gamefreak loves their dragon legendaries. That is why I packed neuroforce. Also that name is the coolest name in pokemon honestly, that sounds like an awesome band, ok ill move on. Metronome the item is purely a meme and rewards u for spamming. They'll never expect it.
Purplecliffe is my beast boost abuser. Dude, he has 450 atk w/o boosts. He has some strong moves so he can smack ur stuff in 2 sec. Beast Boost doesn't help either.
IDK if I should be asking this on a teams thread, but why are there so many setup sweepers in BH?
I made a pokepaste for it https://pokepast.es/e5bb8eb4a9877e0e

in the hills

spreading confusion
Very late team dump from STAB Open
GOATlurk- kind of a weird team since it's awkward to build around Poltergeist but Golurk is actually dope
offensive sylveon build- would make seis physdef and corv full spdef now most likely
cm tapu fini,i think this went unused but the starting idea was messing around with doom desire heatran+circle throw buzzwole
steelix moment
webs HO
belly drum marowak HO
wanted to try out terrakion, went unused i think
mbeam roost celesteela, probably would try it again on an HO but it was neat for this team
had the funny idea of mantine stopping most grounds (especially non-toxic seis) which opens the door for eleki
scarf chandelure offense
moltres BO (burns are good)
an attempt to use mandibuzz, not sure about it but the rest of the team is fine
nidoking+offensive sylv kinda goes straight through most builds its cool

will be posting metagame thoughts in the stab thread shortly, enjoy the teams for now!

My team's OMFL III run has recently ended, here's all the BH teams TTTech, ItsChew., and I built throughout the tour:

:zygarde-complete::kyurem-black::zamazenta-crowned::ho-oh::xerneas::giratina: Misty Terrain Zygarde-Complete Balance
:giratina::regigigas::xerneas::solgaleo::groudon::zekrom: Pixilate Xerneas + Magic Guard Zekrom Balance
:zacian::ho-oh::giratina::regigigas::xerneas::melmetal: Poison Heal Zacian + Magic Guard Ho-oh Offense
:ho-oh::zygarde-complete::xerneas::regigigas::zamazenta-crowned::palkia: Magic Bounce Zygarde-Complete + Regenerator Zamazenta-Crowned Balance
:xerneas::celesteela::kyogre::giratina::palkia::blacephalon: Regenerator Kyogre + Adaptability Blacephalon Balance
:palkia::tapu-fini::regigigas::magearna::ho-oh::groudon: Dragon Dance Regigigas + Pixilate Magearna Balance
:spectrier::regigigas::chansey::xerneas::ho-oh::giratina: Simple Spectrier + Dragon Dance Regigigas Balance
:yveltal::zekrom::groudon::giratina::xerneas::zamazenta-crowned: Triage Yveltal + Magic Guard Zekrom Balance
:kyurem-black::ho-oh::xerneas::darmanitan-zen::eternatus::giratina: Mold Breaker Kyurem-Black + Desolate Land Ho-oh Offense
:regigigas::eternatus::groudon::zamazenta-crowned::giratina::xerneas: Swords Dance Regigigas + Regenerator Eternatus Balance

Kinda weird how, as the Ballin Barraskewdas, we never ended up bringing Barraskewda.
ballin_barraskewdas.png

Last edited:

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
hi
teamdump from all my time in gen 8, some may be illegal now but im just dropping the hole builder
aaa https://pokepast.es/0ba69e5c2db99a4e
bh https://pokepast.es/7bbda8035523a8b9
gg https://pokepast.es/236e75c8ce4960d9
mnm https://pokepast.es/359011b892044019
nfe https://pokepast.es/cd1af14a63a15829
stab https://pokepast.es/c944252cc310ad88

anyways champs probably my last om tour for a while, bittersweet ending but it's ok i have realized i am a washed clicker. this gen was fun, thanks everyone who made it lots of fun specific s/os to the us south discord, UT in particular you are literally the kindest soul it's a little bit concerning how nice u are all the time. kinda mad i made a bunch of good teams just to play like doodoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)