OM Analyses Reservation Index

some elements stolen from my former monotype colleagues
OM Analyses Reservation Thread

Yay, it's a forum! For analyses! Of the Other Metagames variety!

Welcome everyone. If you're here you're probably interested in spreading the gospel of OMs or UMs to unsuspecting Smogon analysis viewers. The OMs and UMs we are offering — to start — will be 1v1, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, and Mix and Mega, due to the increased strain our presence will cause to the GP team. (Sorry, AAA fans.) If you haven't reserved an analysis before, make sure you familiarize yourself with the grammar standards and, even more importantly, the analysis format. All analyses must abide by these conventions.

[OVERVIEW]
Generalize what the Pokemon does in the metagame and as a whole and why you should or shouldn't consider using it on your teams.

[SET]
name: Barack Aboma (Swords Dance)
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
move 3: Ice Shard
move 4: Earthquake
item: Abomasite
ability: Soundproof
nature: Adamant
evs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
========
Describe what the moves, item, and ability on the set do.

EVs
========
Describe the purpose of the sets EVs and nature, along with additional EV spreads that serve specific purposes, if applicable.

Strategy & Support
========
Describe how to use the Pokemon, complicated matchups, notable exceptions wrt archetypes you usually beat, and what Pokemon it can be paired with as teammates.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to being either not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon or archetype is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here: Describe why the Pokemon or archetype is a threat.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2], [username3, userid3]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

To reserve an analysis, please post in this thread with the name of the Pokemon you are reserving and the metagame for which you are reserving it. A moderator (TBA) must approve the analyses before you can post a thread in this forum containing your work-in-progress analysis. Analyses must be in bullet points until they get 2 QC checks, unless they are prewritten. After the 2nd they should be written into paragraphs.

Moderators
Alakazam

QC Team Members
This post

Chloe
Uselesscrab

Guidelines for Reserving an Analysis:
  • If you are currently a badgeholder or a member of the QC team, you are able to reserve two analyses. You may also reserve two for both AG and Mix and Mega. Badgeholders and 1v1 QCers are allowed to reserve three 1v1 analyses at a time. Everyone else may only reserve one analysis, unless you have prewritten analyses from the 1v1 boards or another project. Unbadged people may reserve 2 1v1 analyses at a time if they can show they are experienced with writing analyses. If one analysis is in GP, you may also reserve a second.
  • Do not reserve the Pokemon without extensive metagame knowledge, knowledge of how the Pokemon works, and a lot of experience with the Pokemon. If it is clear you do not know what you are writing about, then your analysis will be reassigned.
  • If you wish to reserve an "unconventional Pokemon," you can certainly attempt to do so. However, you must provide reasonable evidence, a set, and at least some substance to your post.
  • In the future, we may make lists of Pokemon we would like to be reserved for analyses, i.e. those that are especially viable. We obviously don't have those yet. Use your best judgment, please.
Analysis Thread Tags:
  • [WIP] --- The Work-in-Progress tag indicates that you are still completing your Pokemon's skeleton. This tag indicates that you are not ready for QC checks, and are still working. Do not be lazy in this stage, if you refuse to add information within 72 hours of having this tag, then your analysis will be reassigned.
  • [Quality Control] --- This is the most important stage of the analysis. Your analysis must be in bullet points, following the analysis format linked at the beginning of a post, and must not be written out completely. Please put the tag [QC: 0/3] in your thread title. For example, Lopunny [QC: 1/3] will indicate to the QC team that you have received one QC check. As indicated in this thread, you must have 3 QC checks. Unlike other tiers, this is how OM C&C will be run. You do not begin writing the analysis (from bullet points) until receiving the second check on your analysis. You do not receive GP before the third check. You will not receive the third check unless your analysis is written.
  • [Copyediting] --- This stage is where Grammar Prose will come and make sure that your analysis is of written quality. They will correct grammatical errors. You must receive two GP checks before your analysis is considered done. Like GP, you must put [GP: 0/2] in your thread title. This has to be after [QC: 3/3] or it can replace the [QC: 3/3] in your title entirely. It is up to you. You must post in the Grammar Prose Queue that your analysis is ready for GP checks after you have moved to this stage.
  • [Done] --- This tag indicates that your analysis is done. You have received three QC checks and two GP checks, and it is ready to be uploaded by site. (Special for OM analyses: some analyses may only receive one GP check if the writing is particularly exemplary.) This will be handled by our OM C&C Moderators, so feel free to tag us once your thread hits this stage.
Current Reservations (and lack thereof): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y2-mV5qIuvmhLrPofoVoKApCEq5rJ-0fFj__pgQ4ER0/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have preexisting unofficial analysis writeups (whether they're from 1v1 boards, under-the-table BH analyses, etc.), you can start out by reserving two of those to do at a time. I don't want anyone monopolizing the process so I won't allow for significantly larger reservations and you are by no means guaranteed to get all of the ones you were able to do before.

(DMDW, since you and sl42 worked together and sl42 is away you can post two of his anyway and i'll get their ownership transferred.)

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
I would like to Reserve Kyurem for 1v1

uc edit: wait until its viability ranking positioning gets resolved

uc edit 2: ok fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Behind the scenes, I did Groudon, Mega Gengar (revamp), Giratina, Regigigas, Mega Rayquaza, and Mega Mewtwo X.

Gurpreet did Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Diancie, Chansey (Unaware set to be added to ScarfWynaut's Chansey analysis), Mega Audino, Registeel, Xerneas, Mega Kangaskhan, and Solgaleo.

I will post Giratina and Regigigas. I will also post Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Diancie on Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) 's behalf.

uc edit: don't do the Mega Diancie. I just gave it to aki0s. Pick another one of his to post. Others are approved

UC said I can post mdiancie for him

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)