OLT VII Gameplay Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey everyone,

As most of you know, I've taken a break from playing competitive for a while, as I've felt my abilities falling short of many of the newer competitors. As my competitive spirit itself hasn't waned, the frustration forced me to acknowledge my limitations and make way for a new and talented generation. That said, I thought one thing I could provide was a veteran eye in analyzing some neat games toward the top of the ladder in this current iteration of OLT, showcasing some of the meta's more recent techs:

Right off the bat we see LT73IU Leon lead with Charizard, which has been a popular pick in this meta, so I don't think there are any surprises there. However, Lance (I'm surprised the TD's allowed him to sign up for this cycle, I had thought he was permabanned, but I'm glad to see him tbh, his successes in ladder formats ARE well known) chooses an interesting pick with Gyarados which matches up well and we see a VERY niche move which catches ict offguard with Hyper Beam turn 1.

Zard takes decent damage but leon overpredicts afterwards and goes for steel wing, perhaps predicting the clef switchin which doesnt come, a completely bizarre coverage move on zard though.

Throughout the course of the battle Lance shows his absurd creativity by then finding a way to roll back the clock on the bans in the tier by dynamaxing, which is SOMEHOW then one upped by Leon by fucking gigantamaxing his Charizard, I kid you not. Also throughout this I should mention the Gyarados Dragon Danced and was hit by several Thunder Punches, a 4x effective move, but lived, despite the trainer directing it to use it repeatedly, so the gyara has a TON of HP.

Despite the absurd amount of coverage shown thus far lance has yet to reveal a single super effective move on the zard btw. I'm still baffled, Leon has used that wildfire move, noting that this is the "last act", although not a single other mon has hit the field yet. I'm wondering at this juncture why there are commentators that are not saying variations of "LOLOLOLOLOLOL" or "PERDEMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" as thats really all i am used to when it comes to high level, in depth pokemon commentary that isnt a psychological analysis delivered by BKC PhD in a 2 hour 45 minute long breakdown which delves into the heart, soul and childhood of both competitors.

well this has been another in depth pokemon match analysis by teal6. have a good night or whatever peace.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I'm sorry but can we for future cycles and tournaments make the sign up name easier?
LT73IU pokemonisfun is the name I have to use and it's hard for me to remember, and I fear I might log on to a wrong account mindlessly and do a pointless game or two without realizing.

Since we can see the join date of users already, I don't know if there's a point to make the prefix so not intuitive. You could just do like 2020 or something (the year of the tour since this is an annual tour).

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm sorry but can we for future cycles and tournaments make the sign up name easier?
LT73IU pokemonisfun is the name I have to use and it's hard for me to remember, and I fear I might log on to a wrong account mindlessly and do a pointless game or two without realizing.

Since we can see the join date of users already, I don't know if there's a point to make the prefix so not intuitive. You could just do like 2020 or something (the year of the tour since this is an annual tour).
while you make a great point pif this is the thread for sick ass gameplay analysis . take your trolls elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)