Approved Old Gens Player Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
***Approved by room owner ashiemore***

I've spent some time in the Old Gens room on showdown (about a month or so) and would like to an article on the room to get it more users. I felt advertisement in The Player might get a larger userbase.

I'm planning to do 4 paragraphs and they are as follows:

• Introduction: give some starting statements and history of the room
  • Competitive: talk about the competitive user base and the tournaments hosted
  • In-game: list ways newer users could bring up older gen in-game topics
  • Conclusion: "all in all, old gens is a great room and should be recognized more than it is"
Yes I know, my 2 posts makes me like a new guy, but I have time to work on the article and make it informative. I would probably have the time to finish this article in 2-3 days. I'm open to criticism on any level of harshness.

Here's a more in-depth preview of said article.

A year ago, the Old Gens room was created on Pokemon Showdown! The focus of it is for those who have a nac for the older tiers and games are welcomed to focus just on that! The Old Gens room is owned by ashiemore and Ruins of Alph Moderator Bedschibaer.

If you're into RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, or BW metagames, our room is the place for you! The users in this room play tiers from RBY LC UU to BW Ubers. (in other words, we play everything) Tournaments are hosted when the room has a large enough user base to get a small sized live tour running.

Maybe you don't play the older tiers, but are interested in that old cartridge of gold lying around your house from 2000. That's fine! A lot of users in the room don't play older tiers, just the older games. There's plenty to talk about, whether it be about getting Missingno in Red version or finally getting your zweilous to level 64 in Black version.

Overall, Old Gens is a pretty cool room, huh? The staff and regulars of the channel would love to see you drop bye anytime, we don't bite, we don't even crunch! We're friendly to newer uses, just drop in, introduce yourself, and try the room out in person!

^That was a shortened point of what the article would be about, the main version is going to cover more stuff and obviously be more lengthy.

Thank you for reading Player Staff, and have a good one~

Seems like a fairly straightforward introductory article on the purpose of the PS! Old Gens room as well as outlines general specifics about the room. This has my approval.

Antemortem?

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
RedBlueXY: You've got approval from ashiemore to write this but I'd appreciate if you also got either him or Bedschibaer to co-author with you to ensure that the article's quality is as high as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)