Official(!) Smogon University PO Stats -- September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably one of the reasons why Gastrodon was moved up in usage for Gliscor and Thundurus which I am predicting. (Main reasons because of rain and two immunities + reliable recovery and decent stat distribution which people didn't really abuse until now [outside of grass knot, but then who uses grass knot on Thundurus]).
Considering Ground-types are completely immune to Electric attacks, and Grass Knot is Thunderus' best option against them [Except Gliscor]... I'd say quite a few people run Grass Knot on Thunderus. I ran it on my lead Thunderus back when I used one, and it would usually get 2 KO's off the bat, simply because people expected me to carry Taunt because it was a lead.

I mean, there's nothing stopping a NP+ 3 attacks Thunderus, with Grass Knot and HP Ice for Dragons.

Considering Ground-types are completely immune to Electric attacks, and Grass Knot is Thunderus' best option against them [Except Gliscor]... I'd say quite a few people run Grass Knot on Thunderus. I ran it on my lead Thunderus back when I used one, and it would usually get 2 KO's off the bat, simply because people expected me to carry Taunt because it was a lead.

I mean, there's nothing stopping a NP+ 3 attacks Thunderus, with Grass Knot and HP Ice for Dragons.
But what about focus blast? Then you will be walled many Pokemon such as Chansey/Blissey and Ferrothorn.

I usually run Focus blast over grass knot, I have seen quite a few grass knotters but usually i've been running naive Thundurus with hammer arm (for Blissey/Chansey) with sub or focus blast with NP. I still prefer the ice over the grass type move so that's why degraded grass knot during my post.

Give me several instances where Darmanitan needs good special attack.
Just look at what Infernape can do with a good attack and special attack. His would-be counters to his physical set have to be wary of him carrying special attacks, and vice versa. That already is a benefit of Infernape's; the fact that he can run either a physical or special set; you can't be so hasty to send out a supposed counter when he could be using the other set, which turns your counter into a sitting duck. There is no definitive counter upon seeing different opponents send out Infernape, because you don't know what set it's running; not the case with Darmanitan.

Also, mixed Infernape. Mixed sets can cause pure havoc.

*switches in slowbro/rhyperior/gliscor(maybe..)/anything that is a dedicated physical wall, darmanitan NEEDS a good special attack or will get 0hkoed without killing them
Darmanitan with LO and Sheer Force. Jolly with max Attack and Speed:
Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/Defense Gliscor = 62.1% - 73.7% - 2HKO'd
Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/Defense Slowbro = 30.7% - 36.3%, U-Turn = 36% - 42.6% - At most 20.8% HP left after SR
Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/Defense Rhyperior = 24.9% - 29.3%, Superpower = 73.7% - 87.6% - 2HKO'd after SR (if it has Leftovers then not always, but most of the time)

You should really run a few calculations before suggesting counters... Probably the best counter would be something like CroCune or defensive Salamence. A Jolly Arcanine would be decent, but Earthquake does a lot more than anything Arcanine can do back. Either way, because of U-Turn Darmanitan never really needs to overstay its welcome.

Darmanitan with LO and Sheer Force. Jolly with max Attack and Speed:
Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/Defense Gliscor = 62.1% - 73.7% - 2HKO'd
Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/Defense Slowbro = 30.7% - 36.3%, U-Turn = 36% - 42.6% - At most 20.8% HP left after SR
Flare Blitz vs 252 HP/Defense Rhyperior = 24.9% - 29.3%, Superpower = 73.7% - 87.6% - 2HKO'd after SR (if it has Leftovers then not always, but most of the time)

You should really run a few calculations before suggesting counters... Probably the best counter would be something like CroCune or defensive Salamence. A Jolly Arcanine would be decent, but Earthquake does a lot more than anything Arcanine can do back. Either way, because of U-Turn Darmanitan never really needs to overstay its welcome.
people run superpower on darmanitan? i dont think so, its normally flare blitz/earthquake/rockslide/uturn

and while rhyperior gets 2hkoed, darm is 0hkoed by him. also, slowbro has regeneration so him having 20.8% after all that is moot, its more like 53% if he switches out. Also, nobody runs life orb darm its all scarf, and if he does run life orb he gets outrun by a shit ton of things

Dude hipodown is so good on UU, there are really few things that can threaten him down there. I hope he dosent rise to OU again, such a shame if i needed to use hipopotas again. Sand is too good in UU. Stoutland/Golurk with sandstorm is beast, they can cover each up pretty good.

people run superpower on darmanitan? i dont think so, its normally flare blitz/earthquake/rockslide/uturn
I really can't recall ever seeing a Darmanitan that doesn't have Superpower.

He's a hit and run Pokemon, and Superpower is a fantastic attack for that style.

and while rhyperior gets 2hkoed, darm is 0hkoed by him. also, slowbro has regeneration so him having 20.8% after all that is moot, its more like 53% if he switches out. Also, nobody runs life orb darm its all scarf, and if he does run life orb he gets outrun by a shit ton of things
Yes, Superpower is incredibly common because of Tyranitar, and things like Ballon Heatran. How is Rhyperior going to OHKO Darmanitan when it is slower? Even with a Scarf, Darmanitan still outspeeds. And I run LO Darmanitan only, never Scarf. It's like Nidoking, replace power for Speed. If you want a fast hitter, use Scarf. If you want one to muscle through its counters, use LO. Simple shit, you just need to know the limitations of your Pokemon. And Slowbro switching out doesn't make it a counter. If it has 53%, it can no longer switch into Darmanitan.

Dude hipodown is so good on UU, there are really few things that can threaten him down there. I hope he dosent rise to OU again, such a shame if i needed to use hipopotas again. Sand is too good in UU. Stoutland/Golurk with sandstorm is beast, they can cover each up pretty good.
Any special Water or Grass type attack.

For that matter, sand in UU has massive issues with Milotic and Suicune in general. Shoutland can't beat them [I've walled loads of them with my Milotic], and Golurk dosen't have a hope.

Can someone explain this to me, so if excadrill and thundurus got banned, wouldn't that make the top 2 uu pokemon, ou? Or are they pokemon ou from an amount of usage? Someone please help me.

Can someone explain this to me, so if excadrill and thundurus got banned, wouldn't that make the top 2 uu pokemon, ou? Or are they pokemon ou from an amount of usage? Someone please help me.
Excadrill and Thundurus being banned from OU doesn't affect the tier changes this month.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
They were banned after the stats came out, and the UU Pokemon in question won't change tiers for another couple months (Smogon doesn't update tiers every month).

EDIT:
'd

And it wouldn't anyway. The tiers are based off of usage %, not the top 48 iirc. The two pokes that didn't make OU had < 3.41% usage, so they are not OU. (correct?)

Well Antar seems pretty up on this stuff, so it might be sooner then you think, maybe only a month.
Tiers are updated only once every three months by policy. Constantly-changing metagames would be really bad for the community (especially the Wi-Fi community).

That being said, if the banning of Thundurus and Excadrill radically changes the metagame (based on their usage, I highly doubt it will), I could conceive of a special dispensation being made.

Actually, I think the banning of Thundurus and Excadrill will affect the metagame a lot, maybe not immediately, but eventually. Gastrodon and other rain checks that don't serve much else will fall dramatically due to the loss of probably the most threatening sweeper they had. Gliscor and Skarmory will also drop a little due to many people not requiring them anymore, as there's no Excadrill that crushes the rest of the team like bugs anymore. In the same vein, Quagsire will pretty much cease to exist in OU, as Thundurus and Exca were the only reason Quaggy came near-OU status in the first place. I can also see a rise in Jirachi, as Excadrill isn't there to kick its ass any more. This also might apply to Magnezone as well. Latios might go up to, as Excadrill users who previously did not run Latios are in need of a fast, very hard-hitting poke, although Latios is a lot more hit-and-run than Exca. Terrakion will rise a shit-ton. Sun will also probably rise, due to the banning Exca and Thundurus somewhat nerfing Sand and Rain. Hail might go up I guess...

I saw a Mienshao in literally every battle I played today, I didn't play much, but dam, its atleast going to rise a couple of places. I suppose its the new scarfer choice for most teams.

Great work man.

i would appreciate it, if its possible to get each pokemon, its percent of natures, percent of evsplits, most used sets and so on, like its used on pokemon online - i think we have here a more qualified usage than pokemon online so it would be great to see what sets and errthing ran around last month .

http://stats.pokemon-online.eu/Past Stats/september-2011/Wifi OU/598.html

greets ash
As it says in the OP, this is NOT POSSIBLE. The only information we have is the battle logs, which contain only the names of the pokemon. More than that, they only contain the names of the pokemon USED IN THE BATTLE.

Innocent Criminal has written a patch which will generate this data, and so this might be something we can do in the future, but the patch is not currently installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)