Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Primarina is water starter i love how stalling and versatile it's typing. It can cover a multitude of my teams weaknesses. It can severely cripple a lot of physical attackers with burns from scald. it can also sulk up special hits and hit back really hard making it a important member to keep alive.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Nidoking in a wallbreaker used to cover all of Primarina weakness and also pokemon that can easily wall my team. Also substitute can be used to predict switches. So all in all he is here to do most of the damage and support the team large amount if weaknesses

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chandelure like the others a lot of the teams weaknesses mostly: psychic, ghost, and steel. It also helps with stall pokemon by using trick and also it can be used to sulk up fire type moves and normal/fighting type moves too.

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Latias is here to help the team withs it weakness to poison and also break through special walls and deal with fighting types. It can also be used as a nuke with draco meteor or dragonium Z.

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic

Rotom-Heat is used as a defogger and also a good pivot tool which can damage walls with toxic and also deal alot of damage with overheat and live a bit long with wiki berry.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sylveon can just be used as a way to cover dark and dragon types also being able to remove status and heal other players.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hi rellc_lordgodslayer76kile , this was an interesting team to look at. I wasn't sure I really understood the concept of calling this an "offensive stall team", but I'm assuming you are referring to this Primarina set as a "stall set". There were a few major issues looking at this team at preview,

• No stealth rocker, this is an absolute requirement on nearly every single competitively viable team.
  • No stall matchup at all, this is an absolute requirement in UU in general, and you have no way of beating it.
  • Two fairy types, fairy types are usually very unwise to stack together unless one of them is a Steel/Fairy type, due to weakness stacking, especially with Pokemon like Scizor and Nidoqueen everywhere currently. Similarly, because of this Gengar can run amuk on your team once it gets behind a substitute, and can reallly pressure the double fairies.
  • Dangerous matchups vs Altaria and opposing Latias. Neither of these are necessarily auto-losses, but if Latias starts getting calm minds, it is essentially game over if it can stay out of shadow ball range from chandelure, and forces you to have to try and speed tie with your own latias, as your sylveon cannot out PP it. Altaria is slightly less of a threat, but can set up on Rotom-heat, and Chandelure locked into flamethrower (or try and swap in on a trick), at which point both your Fairies are taking 70%+ damage from a +1 return.
  • Primarina is far less of an issue, but in the same vein can claim free kills if it comes in on Rotom-heat after overheating, or chandelure locked into hp ice / flamethrower, as you don't have any real Specs Primarina swap ins due to the Sylveon ev spread. a quick sylveon ev spread change could make this a non issue however.

For this rate I tried to take you down the more fat team route as you had wish passing on the team and mentioned you wanted an "offensive stall team" so I decided to give you a fatter team to try and equate that definition with a more balance based team. I will offer you two versions here, so you can decide which you like better.

I made a few changes to the sets first of all with the three mons I kept, before I did anything else;

Minor Changes:

:latias:

:sm/latias:

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

I decided to change your Calm mind latias to a specs latias, which could help your fat / stall matchup a little with trick, but also makes an unpredictable presence that rewards good prediction vs teams with its strong coverage, allowing you to break through teams nicely, while offering you more immediate breaking power. Surf with a choice specs 2HKOs all scizor variants after stealth rocks, and cripples Steelix-mega. Psyshock chosen over psychic as it can 2hko sylveon and blissey after rocks with some chip damage.

:rotom-heat:

:sm/rotom-heat:

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

In the current metagame, Defog on rotom-heat isn't really that good, especially on fatter teams as it doesn't have the longevity to keep defogging, and can't remove against common setters such as Terrakion, cobalion (without losing a lot of hp) and nihilego anyway, while Pain split offers you much more longevity to check the sort of stuff that rotom-heat checks, such as scizor, and lets it potentially check mamoswine better too. It also lets you fully heal of blissey, which can be irritating for stall teams (though it won't ever break stall).

So now the first thing I needed to do was give you a stealth rocker. As we didn't want primarina anymore, because it gave you two fairy types, I replaced this.

Major Change:

:primarina: -> :steelix-mega:

:sm/steelix-mega:

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

Steelix-mega offered you a nice stealth rocker, that gave you one of the best checks to Latias nd non-fire blast altaria, while forming a steel dragon fairy core with sylveon and latias. It really appreciates the wish passing sylveon can offer too, while also offering extra support vs aerodactyl if your sylveon gets chipped heavily. Standard set, more information can be found on it's analysis page.

I now needed a new hazard remover as I removed defog from rotom-heat. As we already had a trick user now in latias, and because chandelure is a kind of below average choice scarf user because of the prevalence of pursuit users such as scarf krookodile and aerodactyl, I decided to get rid of this.

Major Change:

:chandelure: -> :tentacruel:

:sm/tentacruel:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze

Tentacruel offered you a new form of hazard removal, and importantly, a good primarina check for your team. Without chandelure's presence, it also gave you secondary check against Pokemon such as infernape and lucario incase your latias gets pursuit trapped or heavily chipped, while giving you another answer to cobalion too, (all of this is more improtant without roost on your latias directly, though you can wish pass to it). Haze also allows it to clear boosts off suicune, allowing you to not be 6-0d by it without calm mind on latias. Tentacruel greatly appreciates the wish support from sylveon too. Sludge bomb allows it to hurt togekiss and primarina, and importantly celebi to stop it trying to come in and/or set up on you.

The EV spread allows you to outspeed rotom-heat (and by virtue of this nidoking), but this can be customised as you see fit, by either going faster to 176+ Spe to outspeed lucario for a fast haze, or dropping lower to increase bulk, however I wouldn't go slower than Togekiss, as this is helpful.

Finally, I needed to give you some extra support on the stall department. An extra breaker and some extra speed would be appreciated too, as I was no longer running a choice scarf user on this team due to its fatter nature. On teams such as these with wish passers (and importantly no doublade/slowbro to deal with terrakion better), nidoqueen would have often fit better than nidoking anyway, and could have supported the stall matchup with toxic spikes and other things, and is very popular currently paired with rest talk primarina like you did.

Major Change:

:nidoking: -> :terrakion:

:sm/terrakion:

Terrakion @ Fightinium Z / Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Substitute + Swords Dance terrakion gave you some extra speed compared to nidoking, and a way of really pestering fatter teams by braeking through them. Substitute can help terrakion to set up against more passive teams, and offer it some protection from revenge killers such as scizor and aerodactyl too. Z-Close Combat or Z-Stone Edge are both options for the final slot, Z-Close combat would allow you to 2hko quagsire along with close combat, while Z-Stone Edge would allow you to revenge celebi better and deal with gligar better on stall teams.

Final Team

:sm/sylveon: :sm/latias: :sm/rotom-heat: :sm/steelix-mega: :sm/tentacruel: :sm/terrakion:

Overall, I tried to fix some of the original issues I felt with your team. Altaria and Latias matchups have been vastly improved, and you now have a stealth rock setter. The stall matchup is now playable too, however could be improved with some further changes to your pokemon present, such as changing Latias to a Scarf Hydreigon, and then trying to fit Nasty Plot Celebi into the team now it wouldn't stack psychic types, however this would have required more than three Pokemon changes.

Below I will also talk you through an alternative version that has a slightly better matchup versus terrakion, nihilego, and mamoswine, and a slightly better stall matchup, but at the cost of a few other matchups.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze

Terrakion @ Fightinium Z / Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Option Two

:sm/sylveon: :sm/latias: :sm/rotom-heat: :sm/steelix-mega: :sm/slowbro: :sm/nihilego:
This version now has defog rotom-heat unfortunately, which does make the team's scizor matchup more unreliable. Slowbro instead of tentacruel (with a block set) allows you a potentially better stall matchup by trapping and toxic stalling Pokemon.

Latias now runs a calm mind set instead to help break Bo/Balance teams as this is necessary to now deal with suicune, while Sylveon runs a 16 Calm EV spread so it can check Specs Primarina better.

Nihilego over terrakion in the last slot helps you more vs celebi, as that can now set up freely on both sylveon and slowbro unlike just sylveon before, with a scarf set giving you some extra speed control, or toxic spikes helping you to break fatter teams / stall teams while giving you some extra longevity, and serves as an extra flying resist now rotom-heat can't have pain split anymore. (Run toxic spikes + protect with black sludge, otherwise 4 attacks with choice scarf).

In general, this version has a better mamoswine and terrakion matchup thanks to slowbro's support, and a slightly better stall matchup thanks to slowbro being a really scary stallbreaker (though it will struggle with teams featuring articuno or rest pyukumuku). The scizor matchup isn't as amazing anymore, however you still have two good checks to it with wish support being fed into them. Finally, if latias gets pursuit trapped, the infernape/lucario matchups become a little rougher, however slowbro can still survive any +2 hit from them if it stays at full hp.
Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish

Latias (F) @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Scald
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf / Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem / Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot / Protect

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)