Dragapult.gif
Lele.gif
Ferro.gif
Lando.gif
Tran.gif
Swole.gif

Team (
Pokepaste)

Hello, I am semi-better at teambuilding than I was before I hope and I'm here with my second attempt at a good team lol. This time I was thinking about two really cool mons I enjoy playing against and playing with. Those two mons being physical Dragapult and Scarf Tapu Lele (my favorite Lele set)
Team: https://pokepast.es/89f44184b2024464

Dragapult.gif

Arbalest (Dragapult) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
> To start off the team, I really really wanted to use Physical Dragapult. I think it is a great offensive mon with more of a surprise factor to it's game plan even if it is only slightly less common than choice specs. This mons role was to come out and really just get up a substitute a dd and then begin doing good damage to mons that couldn't handle it. Of course that plan varies based on what team I'm going against, but most of the time, I was able to reliably get a dd up or two and start a sweep or just knocking off certain defensive threats that don't resist both moves.

Lele.gif

Kanaloa (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
> This is easily my favorite Pokémon offered for it's viability and it's versatility. I love scarf Lele's ability to wrap up offense on my team and that's it's main use on my team. It is great at ohko'ing mons that have been chipped through adverse damage. My main purpose on using it was just the ability to have a fairy type that would compliment Dragapult and not feel weak or incredibly defensively centered around Dragapult's offensive nature. I love this mon, it's entire existence is a threat.

Ferro.gif

Thorn (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Body Press
>Ferrothorn. I always find myself using this mon and it's usually really hard to distinguish why. Today I think I finally put it on my team for a good reason. Ferrothorn is an amazing hazard setter with the ability to also defend against a lot of psychic threats. I told myself I was going to need something to beat other scarf Lele's and while this mon by itself doesn't do that, it starts the ability to beat Lele very well. With the other mons on this team, it felt like a good addition for pivoting and setting up rocks. I added gyro ball for some cheeky switch in kills. But its purpose relies on its teammates abilities to function around the opposing teams threats.

Lando.gif

Gilded (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
>Lando-T, this mon always finds a way onto a team. Lando is my defogger for when I'm scared of the chip damage my team is taking compared to the value I am getting out of having rocks on the opposite side of the field. It is truly an amazing mon. I couldn't find another mon to really use to differentiate this team from looking really basic (too bad it already does) but I figured it stopped electric types, Earthquakes, and knock off is just that amazing move everyone uses. I couldn't find a reason not to have it. Though I do feel like I could've made this team more interesting outside of these mons.

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
>I noticed from the beginning that my playstyle struggles with stallier battles and for that I added heatran. This mon is amazing against toxic blisseys, basically forcing them out with, and it is especially good at dealing with all of the other stally mons in the tier. Mamga's trapping just helps a lot with stopping mons from escaping or just doing really solid chip damage even on resisted hits. This mon felt like a really good addition for it's fire neutralization as well. Considering fire types do pretty good against ferro and buzzwole, so I added it for it's flash fire as well.

Swole.gif

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Life
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
> One of the mons I realized did really well against my offensive core was weavile and because I don't really know how to build teams around offensive strategies yet, this was the only idea I had for beating SD weavile. When I was making the team I was also thinking about physcially defensive unaware clef, but I liked buzzwole more just because it's Buzzwole. It added a really good check to the physically attacking mons in the tier, other than gapdos and probably brave bird corvi, and does excellent chip with rocky helmet. I just figured it fit together with my really defensive mons considering again, I'm not great at teambuilding.

I think my creative direction was definitely snuffed using this team considering it is all pretty standard, but I couldn't help it. I think the team is okay, nothing fantastic, but I'm happy to take constructive criticism to see what I can improve on in my teambuilding process. IF anyone has any tips to making offensively structured teams, that'd also be very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Attachments

Hi! Nice idea to run Physpult + Scarf Lele, I do recommend a couple of changes here though.

Disclaimer: I'm not the best rater so another person may come in and just say more helpful things than I did.

MAJOR CHANGES:
:buzzwole: -> :tyranitar:

While I do think that :buzzwole: is very nice for :rocky helmet: chip and walling :weavile:, your team really struggles against stab shadow balls from :choice specs: :Dragapult:,:Blacephalon: and the less common :gengar: as you have no resist. :Landorus-Therian: and :Heatran: both get 2HKOD or 3HKOD and do not have reliable recovery. For that I recommend this change, :tyranitar: still checks :weavile: but can get worn down over the course of the game. Sadly you cant have everything in a team.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I made this a full physical defence set as I don't like having the imbalance of 3 special walls and 1 physical wall.

MINOR CHANGES:
Arbalest (Dragapult) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Infiltrator -> Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Clear body is better for when you cannot sub safely and get intimidated. I also prefer :leftovers: over :lum berry: to give some longetivity but thats your choice.

Thorn (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock -> Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Body Press

As we now have sr on :tyranitar: we can make this change.

That is all! I liked rating this team but someone is prolly gonna come in and give better advice than me. While I am the only rate I hope you enjoy the new team!

New Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/b987d5ea938bdd66

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)