Of Ducks and Men-A UU Warstory!

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello, this is Silent Verse. I haven’t posted much around these boards, and I’m certainly not particularly well known, but I have decided to make a warstory depicting a great battle with FlareBlitz. This is our first warstory, but we certainly hope you enjoy it!

Just so you guys know, this is an extremely long battle. Don't come into this expecting a massive clash of offensive superpowers.

Silent Verse’s Team:

FlareBlitz’s comments will be in red
Silent Verse’s comments will be in blue
Leftover recovery will be omitted.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
Silent Verse sent out Rapper (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).
FlareAlt sent out Rei (lvl 100 Rhyperior ?).

An Ambipom lead. Rhyperior matches up well against it, since even LO versions fail to 2hko with Low Kick. Rhyperior's ability to handle Ambipom, Froslass, and various bulky leads is the primary reason I use it. Anyway, I assume it's going to use Fake Out, or go straight to Low Kick if it's an LO variant, so I click on Earthquake.

Rapper used Fake Out.
It's not very effective...
Rei lost 11% of its health.
Rei flinched!

Hmmm, a Rhyperior lead. Naturally, it’s going to carry Stealth Rock, and probably Earthquake. My Ambipom runs Low Kick, but not Taunt, since I have been having some issues with the ghosts near the end game, but knowing that Low Kick will fail to KO, I simply used this turn to scout, since I have seen some pretty funky Rhyperior lead items. Ambipom fills my lead spot almost perfectly, since it stops Froslass from setting up spikes, and debilitating almost anything else. Now knowing that it has leftovers, I switch to my Milotic to absorb the hit that’s coming my way, or get a free switch in if it uses Stealth Rock, and immediately threaten it with a STAB Surf.

No Life Orb. That means it's either going to Taunt me or U-turn out to something else. Maybe my opponent will switch to a ghost or something expecting an Earthquake, so I'll go with Rock Blast.

---
Silent Verse switched in Siren (lvl 100 Milotic ?).
Rei used Rock Blast.
Siren lost 9% of its health.
Siren lost 9% of its health.
Siren lost 11% of its health.
Hit 3 time(s)!

Ah, Rock Blast. It does a light bit of damage to my Milotic, and I know that it will now switch, fearing STAB Surf. I almost click Ice Beam, but since I don’t want to spoil the knowledge that I have it if he switches into a bulky water, I click Surf instead, just to be safe.
---
Bah, a Milotic. My Rhyperior is pretty specially defensive, but I'm not going to risk it taking massive damage from Surf just to get rocks up. I would switch straight out to my primary bulky water counter right now, but Milotic have had this nasty habit of using Toxic straight out lately, so I'll go to my status absorber instead.

FlareAlt switched in Aria (lvl 100 Altaria ?).
Siren used Surf.
Aria lost 16% of its health.

Altaria, huh? This may prove to be trouble for my team, though if Milotic falls, I have Registeel and Donphan in the wings, ready to take it on as well. It can be fairly threatening to both, since I’m pretty sure Donphan isn’t enjoying a +1 Outrage, and Registeel won’t enjoy taking an Earthquake. I thus click Ice Beam.

Well, that was a waste, although I suppose it pays to be safe. I can't set up with Altaria, since Milotic is probably going to use Ice Beam now, so I'll go to something that can set up on it...
---
FlareAlt switched in Polly (lvl 100 Poliwrath ?).
Siren used Ice Beam.
Polly lost 11% of its health.

Great. Now he knows that I have Ice Beam and will be wary around my Milotic. I really should have clicked it when I had the chance. Oh well, what’s done is done. Now that Poliwrath is up and about, I need to quickly strike it with my HP Grass, since I don’t want it to get a free sub up.

All right, that went well. I'm going to set up a Substitute now, since most Milotic don't carry more than two attacks.

---
Polly used Substitute.
Polly lost 25% of its health.
Polly made a substitute!
Siren used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Polly!
Polly's substitute faded!

Standard turn. I broke his sub, but now he knows my entire moveset, since I doubt he would think that a Milotic would go without Recover, since I am using the standard moveset. I click HP again to smack it for some nice damage.

..but apparently this one does. Fuck. I can't get any momentum going, so I'm going to let Polly take some damage to give something else a set up opportunity.
---
Siren used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Polly lost 32% of its health.
Polly used Encore.
Siren got an encore!

Okay, so Milotic is now encored. I knew that he would probably switch to a grass type, or that Altaria he had in the wings, so I switched to Venusaur, to stop that Sceptile in it’s tracks, and sleep the Altaria.

That wasn't bad. Polly can easily heal later by coming on Surf, so I'm not too worried about the damage.
---
Silent Verse switched in Gardenia (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
FlareAlt switched in Sally (lvl 100 Sceptile ?).

Here I use Sludge Bomb, just it case it tries to HP my Venusaur, being that people have done so in the past. Venusaur takes it like a champ, however, since I made this a specially bulky Venusaur. I also used it over Sleep Powder, since if it subbed, it would make my life much more difficult.

A good play by Silent Verse here. After playing with Wobbuffet so much in Ubers, I forget sometimes that Pokemon can switch out of Encore...this is not a good matchup for me, so I go to my Venu check.
---
FlareAlt switched in Aria (lvl 100 Altaria ?).
Gardenia used Sludge Bomb.
Aria lost 31% of its health.

So he switches back into Altaria to take the Sludge Bomb. Thankfully, it chips off almost a quarter of it’s health. I go for the Sleep Powder to stop it from Dragon Dancing.

Aria gets in somewhat safely. The damage tells me that this is a specially-based defensive Venusaur with some investment, possibly a leech seed variant. Leech seed doesn't bother me too much, so I'm going to take the time to set up.
---
Aria used Dragon Dance.
Aria's attack was raised.
Aria's speed was raised.
Gardenia used Sleep Powder.
Gardenia's attack missed!

Dammit! That turn was really horrid. He got a free DD up, and I fail to sleep it. I click it again, to shut up the sky bird.

Some minor hax here, but you'll see that it doesn't matter in just a moment...

---
Aria used Dragon Dance.
Aria's speed was raised.
Gardenia used Sleep Powder.
Aria fell asleep!

YES. Now that he’s asleep, I can Leech Seed it to negate leftovers recovery. Then I can just spam Sludge Bomb as it sleeps to severely damage it. That is, if he opts to stay in.

---
Aria is fast asleep!
Aria used Sleep Talk.
Aria used Dragon Dance.
Aria's speed was raised.
Gardenia used Leech Seed.
Aria was seeded!
Aria's health was sapped by leech seed!
Aria lost 12% of its health.
Gardenia regained health!

…Ffffffff. This means that my lovely dreams of constantly smacking it with Sludge Bomb while sleeping are pretty weak. It only does less than a quarter of it’s health, and it can just constantly gain boosts while doing so. This was really bad. However, maybe I could kill it with Sludge Bomb before it wakes up? I might just be able to defeat it before it wakes up.

Yes, this is a defensive RestTalk Altaria, a custom set I made to deal with Venusaur back when it was number 1 in usage. I expect a switch to Milotic, so I'm hoping I pick Outrage here...
---
Aria is fast asleep!
Aria used Sleep Talk.
Aria used Rest.
But it failed!
Aria lost 28% of its health.

So far so good.

Oh. I guess my opponent isn't going to be switching. Just as well, since I would have been upset if I had been forced out by that Milotic after all this residual damage.
---
Aria is fast asleep!
Aria used Sleep Talk.
Aria used Rest.
But it failed!
Aria lost 28% of its health.

Dang, it survives. At this point, I really should have switched to Registeel, and the mistake I made here affected the match heavily. However, at the time, I hoped that it would stay asleep and I would be able to finally defeat it with Sludge Bomb.

More useless Sleep Talks, and Aria barely survives. I'm going to start Outraging now since I'll probably wake up, because I don't want to risk Resting and then being forced out by Milotic.
---
Aria woke up!
Aria used Outrage.
Aria went on a rampage!
Gardenia lost 100% of its health.
Silent Verse's Gardenia fainted.

No matter, I can easily switch to Ambipom and revenge it with Fake Out. If it switches out, it won’t be much of a menace anyways.

Ah, that feels good. Venusaur causes my team some problems in combination with Milotic, so I'm glad it's dead. Sally can run rampant now, since not a lot else in the tier can stop it.

X vs

5-6

---
Silent Verse switched in Rapper (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).
Rapper used Fake Out.
Aria lost 9% of its health.
FlareAlt's Aria fainted.

Meh, expected. Aria served her purpose, so I don't feel bad about her swan song.

Vs
X

5-5

---
FlareAlt switched in Rei (lvl 100 Rhyperior ?).
Rei used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

So he switched in Rhyperior and set up Stealth Rock, but I switched in Milotic again to counter it. I again debate on whether to use Ice Beam or Surf, but I opt for Surf.
Good. I finally get Rocks up, and Milotic shows her purty face again. I could go to Polly here and get some healing, but if I eat a predicted HP Grass I'll lose her, so I'm going to make the conservative play here and go to Sally.

---
Siren used Surf.
Sally lost 23% of its health.

Dang, my prediction now is pretty weak. Off the top of my head, I won’t know if those damage calcs signify anything, so I switch to my Cresselia, in fear of a Leaf Blade/Energy Ball/Leaf Storm.

My caution once again turns out to be unnecessary, but oh well. I don't think Silent Verse is going to risk Ice Beam when it probably won't kill and when my Grass attack probably will, so I'll take this opportunity to set up a substitute.
---
Silent Verse switched in Cresselia (lvl 100 Cresselia ?).
Pointed stones dug into Cresselia.
Cresselia lost 12% of its health.
Sally used Substitute.
Sally lost 25% of its health.
Sally made a substitute!

Oh. It’s a subseed variant. At this exact moment, I realize that this thing is going to be hell to take down, since without Venusaur, I can’t really do much to it. At least I can hopefully drain it of all it’s substitute PP.

Oh god it's a Cresselia. But that's okay, this is one of the better scenarios for me to be looking at the legendary duck, since its gargantuan HP makes it leech seed bait. Hopefully it's an annoying tank variant or, at least, lacks Moonlight, because otherwise I won't be able to stall it out with Sally.

Note: There is some stalling after this, and it’s pretty unsignificant, so you may skip it if you like.

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Cresselia was seeded!
Cresselia used Signal Beam.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Sally!
Sally's substitute faded!
Sally's leftovers restored its health a little!
Sally restored 6% of its health.
Cresselia's leftovers restored its health a little!
Cresselia restored 6% of its health.
Cresselia's health was sapped by leech seed!
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 20% of its health.
---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!
---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!

---
Pointed stones dug into Siren.
Siren lost 12% of its health.
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!

Dang, I couldn’t keep stalling with Cress, so I switch to Milotic. I doubted he would use his Grass STAB, so I had a pretty safe switch in. Noting that FlareBlitz has been playing pretty conservative, I can hopefully assume he will not use his Grass STAB, and instead use Leech Seed. This would be great, since it would allow me to break his sub.

Hmm, a somewhat odd move here. Is Silent Verse sacking Milotic to have a chance at breaking my sub, or is this an attempt to bait Leaf Storm? I'm going to go with the safer Leech Seed, since without a fully powered Leaf Storm I can't do much to Cresselia.
---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Siren was seeded!
Siren used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Siren's health was sapped by leech seed!
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 17% of its health.

Yes, as I thought, he used Leech Seed and I broke his sub. I should switch to Regi now though, since at this point, he might use his Grass STAB.

Ah, perhaps it was the former. I might be able to kill it with Leaf Storm here, but I decide instead to get Polly some healing from Leech Seed...and attempt to bait Cresselia back in.

---
Silent Verse switched in Drummer (lvl 100 Registeel).
Pointed stones dug into Drummer.
Drummer lost 6% of its health.

I switch to my Registeel to help stall out FlareBlitz’ Sceptile. However, he has decided to end it and bring in his Poliwrath for another round. I can’t harm it since I run a set of Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Iron Head, and Toxic, so I switch to Milotic.

Well, I'm glad I chose the conservative move (for once!). Registeel comes in, hoping to sponge my attack, but instead finds itself staring down my sumo tadpole thing.

---
Polly used Substitute.
Polly made a substitute!

It subs and I once again switch in Milotic. I go for a HP to break the sub, since Milotic is bulky enough to withstand a Focus Punch.

Hmm, this isn't too good. I know Milotic is just going to break my sub and heal off the damage with Recover. I can't Encore HP Grass again, or I'll lose Polly. Oh well, at least it'll probably still suffer a net loss in health...
---
Polly is tightening its focus!
Siren used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Polly used Focus Punch.
Siren lost 51% of its health.

That turn went as expected. Milotic took the hit like a champ and broke it’s sub. He will probably switch to Sceptile now, but I need to remove the damage, so I use Recover.

---
Siren used Recover.
Siren restored 50% of its health.

Argh. Sally gets in without a scratch, but at least I’m back to full health. I need to get rocks up at this point, since with all this switching, it will help whittle Flare’s pokes down.

Sally gets in safely. My first instinct is to Sub, but I decide to save my PP in case I get into a stall war with Cresselia. Using Leech Seed right off the bat is my best move then, since if Milotic stays in and uses Ice Beam, I'll still end up with around 55% health left after leech seed and leftovers healing.

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Drummer was seeded!
Drummer's health was sapped by leech seed!
Drummer lost 12% of its health.
Sally regained health!

I don’t really mind that Regi took the Leech Seed. I only need to get rocks up and switch anyways, and it’s not like the Seeds are going to hurt too much.

Good. Since Registeel has no recovery, I'm comfortable with weakening it by SubSeeding, because with it weakened the sweeping prospects of my primary sweeper will look very good...

---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
Drummer used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 16% of its health.

Excellent. I now have rocks up. I don’t really want Regi to take too much damage from the Seeds, so I better switch back to Cress.

Ahh. I was enjoying not having Stealth Rock up on my side. I'll have to be a bit more careful about my switches now...

---
Sally used Hidden Power.
Cresselia lost 11% of its health.

He Hidden Powers, but Cress is awesome like that and shaves off the blow like a giant fat man having a can of pop thrown at him. I really need to start healing though, being that Cress is down to almost half health.

Cresselia comes in, and it's almost down to half health. A few more turns of seeding and it should go down...

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Cresselia was seeded!
Cresselia used Moonlight.
Cresselia restored 43% of its health.
Sally regained health!

He Leech Seeds my Cress, but I don’t mind too much. I can easily stall it out with Moonlight and constantly break it’s subs. However, at this point, I think he’s going to switch to something else, since he probably knows that I will be able to stall him out. Psychic seems like the best choice then.

..unless it has Moonlight. Damn. I won't win a stall war with this thing if it has recovery, so I'm going to my late game cleaner. From experience, I know it does substantial damage to even the most defensive Cresselia, and with leech seed I should be able to nab a 2hko, or at least stall it out of Moonlight PP. It also resists Signal Beam, so I anticipate getting it in with minimal damage...

---
FlareAlt switched in Marley (lvl 100 Arcanine ?).
Pointed stones dug into Marley.
Marley lost 25% of its health.
Cresselia used Psychic.
Marley lost 31% of its health.
Marley regained health!
Marley restored 17% of its health.

Okay, so he switches in his Arcanine into my Cresselia’s Psychic. It takes the blow like a champ however and didn’t care much about it. I expect a Flare Blitz or something, so I use Moonlight. I probably should have used Psychic this turn, but in the end, I’m not sure if it would have made much of a difference.

Ouch...that hurt a bit. Leech Seed takes some of the sting off, but that damage still means that if I attack, I'll lose Arcanine. I'll take the safe route and use Morning Sun. If Cress attacks, I'll still end up with more HP than now...

---
Marley used Morning Sun.
Marley restored 38% of its health.
Cresselia restored 19% of its health.
Marley regained health!

Now that Cress is back to mint condition, I switch to Milotic to absorb an incoming Flare Blitz. Milotic would be able to threaten with a STAB Surf like with Rhyperior. Then, hopefully I could bait Sceptile and Ice Beam it once and for all.

Cress takes the opportunity to heal, possibly expecting a strong attack. I expect that it'll fire off a Psychic now. It's time to bring in my unrevealed sweeper and set up on it...

---
FlareAlt switched in Missy (lvl 100 Mismagius ?).
Pointed stones dug into Missy.
Missy lost 12% of its health.

…And he switches an unrevealed Pokemon, Mismagius! Luckily, Registeel can handle it easily with Iron Head so I’m not too worried. If all fails, I can use Ambipom to Pursuit it to death.

Hmm. Cress does not suffer more damage from Leech Seed, but Milotic comes in, who's just as easy to set up on.

---

Missy used Calm Mind.
Missy's special attack was raised.
Missy's special defence was raised.

He Calm Minds, but that’s fine, since Registeel can still withstand a HP Fighting at this point. I go for Iron Head to hopefully weaken the ghost.

Bah, that has much more health than I remember. Missy can't beat Registeel when it's still this healthy. I only have one safe switch in to Registeel...
---
Pointed stones dug into Polly.
Polly lost 6% of its health.
Drummer used Iron Head.
Polly lost 11% of its health.

Oh geez, Poliwrath gets in basically for free and I really can’t do much to it. Now, it’s pretty much guaranteed to get a sub up, and Focus Punch something. I better switch to Cress since it can survive a Focus Punch and break it’s sub with Psychic.

Polly comes in safely. I'm expecting either Cresselia or Milotic now. I'm getting kinda low on health here, so hopefully Polly won't have to come back in until it's time to eat a surf. I do have the vague inklings of a plan on how to break this stalemate...

---
Polly used Substitute.
Polly made a substitute!

Just as predicted, FlareBlitz used substitute. I can easily break it with Psychic, however, so I thus use that.

Ah, Cresselia. Good. I think this Cresselia is faster than Polly, so I'll Encore right off the bat and lock it into Psychic. Once that happens, I'll be able to put my plan into action...
---
Cresselia used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Polly used Encore.
Cresselia got an encore!

Cress breaks the fighting tadpole’s sub with Psychic, but now it is under encore. Just looking at FlareBlitz’ current revealed team, he doesn’t seem to have anything that wouldn’t really mind being Psychic’d. Using this, I stay in and use Psychic yet again.

As planned. Now it's time for the forgotten member of my team to make an appearance.

---
Pointed stones dug into Rei.
Rei lost 6% of its health.
Cresselia used Psychic.
Rei lost 23% of its health.

Wow that’s one specially defensive Rhyperior! It took that Psychic pretty dang well, and that means that I won’t be doing much to it with my Psychic’s. I switch to Milotic to threaten it out yet again.

As I mentioned, my Rhyperior is pretty specially defensive, so it shrugs off Psychic. It also runs a somewhat unique set...

---
Rei used Toxic.
Siren was badly poisoned!
Siren is hurt by poison!
Siren lost 6% of its health.

That’s going to be pretty hard to deal with later. It means that my Milotic that has been reliably soaking up these strong hits isn’t going to do that very well anymore. At this point, my Milotic should probably get some healing so I use Recover.

Perfect. Rhyperior cripples Milotic. Granted, Marvel Scale means that it'll take less damage from physical attacks, but it can no longer stall Polly or Marley anywhere near as efficiently.

---
Siren used Recover.
Siren restored 27% of its health.
Siren is hurt by poison!

FlareBlitz tries to switch Poliwrath into my apparently expected Surf, only to have my Milotic heal itself. I can’t keep my Milotic in though, since the Toxic damage will slowly accumulate and destroy it. Cress seems like a good option, so I’ll use that.

I was hoping to get some healing from Surf, but Milotic wisely heals back some of her health. It'll probably go HP Grass now, so I'll Encore the recover and let Toxic build...

---
Polly used Encore.
But it failed!

Hmm, encore. I guess he wanted me to use HP on Poliwrath to get one of his pokes in safely. I decide to spam Psychic again, to hopefully further weaken Flare’s team.

In retrospect, it was obvious that Milotic was going to switch, but I didn't want to waste more of my health on Substitute, so I suppose this wasn't a totally waste move.

---
Pointed stones dug into Rei.
Cresselia used Psychic.
Rei lost 22% of its health.

Like last time, he switched in Rhyperior. Psychic helps weather it more, and it’s getting pretty weak now, since it won’t be able to constantly take these Psychic’s. I do know that he will probably use Toxic now. I don’t really mind it though, as I run Psycho Shift on my Cress, since when Cress first came down to UU, I thought it would be a good way to remove status from it without using Rest+Sleep Talk, and it has proven to be quite helpful.

It's time for Rhyperior to cripple something else or, at least, let more residual damage build up on Milotic.

---
Cresselia used Psychic.
A critical hit!
Rei lost 45% of its health.
Rei used Toxic.
Cresselia was badly poisoned!
Cresselia is hurt by poison!
Cresselia lost 6% of its health.

A crit there, but it doesn’t seem to matter much. He Toxic’d me, but now the fun begins. Go, Psycho Shift!

HA! The crit is bothersome, but I manage to finally Toxic that annoying little whore! Cresselia will now be much easier to handle...

---
Cresselia used Psycho Shift.
Rei was badly poisoned!
Rei used Rock Blast.
Rei's attack missed!
Rei is hurt by poison!

Rock Blast missed, and he’s now poisoned. This certainly makes up for that Altaria miss. He’ll probably use Toxic again though, so I’ll switch in Registeel.

I say "Cool", but what I really mean is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU". Well, at least now I know it can't set up on me with Calm Mind. Of course, that won't stop it from walling my team to hell and back. Well, maybe I can Toxic it again and block Psycho Shift with Substitute.

---
FlareAlt: Oh psycho shift rids you of status too? I didn't know that
FlareAlt: Cool
Rei used Toxic.
It doesn't affect Drummer...
Rei is hurt by poison!
Rei lost 12% of its health.

As predicted, he uses Toxic again. Hoping that he would use Earthquake, which I thought he had, I switched back to Cress.

Smart move there. But I don't think Silent Verse will keep Registeel in. After all, its literally the only thing stopping Missy from rampaging through his team. So the logical move here would be...

---
Rei used Toxic.
Cresselia was badly poisoned!
Rei is hurt by poison!
Rei lost 18% of its health.

Good move by FlareBlitz right here. He obviously predicted my attempt to bait him and used Toxic as a response. The toxic could prove to help me though, since I have a status I can spread around with my Cress. Might as well finish off the Rhyperior though.

Perfect. Cresselia is now crippled, and I can let Rei rest. You did your job, doll.

---
Cresselia used Psychic.
Rei lost 5% of its health.
FlareAlt's Rei fainted.

Vs
X
5-4

---
Pointed stones dug into Sally.
Sally lost 12% of its health.
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!

……And Sceptile is back again to wreak havoc around my team. Hopefully I can stall out it’s PP. Otherwise, I’ll have some trouble. I still need Registeel to stop Missy, though, but a sub break won’t hurt too much.

Registeel? I'm not sure why Silent Verse switched in the only Pokemon without recovery on Sceptile, but I'm not complaining.

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Drummer was seeded!
Drummer used Iron Head.
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 16% of its health.
---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!

Naturally, after I break his subs, I switch back to Cress, since I really can’t let Regi become even more weakened. I did want him to lost more sub and Leech Seed PP, which is why I kept it in.

Ah, I suppose he saw that he shouldn't let Registeel get weakened. I'm running low on both Substitute and Leech Seed PP, but Cresselia is poisoned, so it won't last long.

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Cresselia was seeded!
Cresselia restored 32% of its health.
Sally regained health!

Dang, this Toxic is really starting to annoy me. At least I should be able to get rid of it soon. I better switch to remove the Seeds and reduce the poison again.

Cresselia attempts to do some healing here, but still loses significant HP to poison and leech seed. I'm expecting a switch now, so I'll use Leech Seed again.

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Siren was seeded!
Siren is hurt by poison!
Sally regained health!

I make a switch to Milotic, seeing that Flare would probably predict my switch to Regi and hit it with a Leech Seed. Now, hopefully I can bait him into using a grass STAB on Registeel instead of Milotic.

Great. I think I'll finish this thing off now, so Arcanine can start spamming Flare Blitz in peace.

---
Sally used Leaf Storm.
Drummer lost 16% of its health.
Sally's special attack was harshly lowered.
Drummer's leftovers restored its health a little!
Drummer restored 6% of its health.

Wait, Leaf Storm on a SubSeed Sceptile? Weird. At least I know what grass STAB he has. I should hopefully be able to bait it if he uses it again.

Oh. Registeel comes in and sponges a Leaf Storm. I'm not too upset about this, however; Registeel is now dangerously low on health. Some more damage and it will be within Missy's ko range.

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Siren was seeded!
Siren's leftovers restored its health a little!
Siren restored 6% of its health.
Siren is hurt by poison!
Sally regained health!

I wonder if Leaf Storm will kill or not. I mean, it is half SATK down. I really need to recover right now so I’ll risk it.

Silent Verse switches Milotic back in, probably to avoid letting Registeel take more damage. I think he'll leave it in this time, so time to finish it off...

---
Sally used Leaf Storm.
It's super effective!
Siren lost 38% of its health.
Silent Verse's Siren fainted.

Dang. I really overestimated that. I should have been more careful and switched back to Registeel. I’m not sure if even then that would have been a good option, as Regi is dangerously low on health.

Good. Arcanine is now free to wreck things, once I get it in safely.

X vs

4-4

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Drummer was seeded!
Drummer used Iron Head.
Sally regained health!

Basic stalling, not much to see. I should switch to Cress now, or I’m going to lost my Mismagius check.

Registeel breaks my sub and takes more residual damage. However, I am now VERY low on Substitute PP, and I don't want to use it up against Registeel when I might need it against Cresselia. I decide to switch to Polly...

---

Ooh, he switched to Poliwrath on the same turn I switched to Cress. Should I Psychic or should I shift my Toxic onto him? It’s going to be hard to remove the toxic later, so I chose Psycho Shift.

..and get completely screwed over. I cannot Sub before Cress Psycho Shifts her Toxic on me, meaning that it will be able to outstall Sceptile now. However, I'm going to at least prevent it from recovering its health...

---
Cresselia used Psycho Shift.
Polly was badly poisoned!
Polly used Encore.
Cresselia got an encore!
Polly is hurt by poison!

Encore leads me to switch to Donphan. t should definitely be able to take a Waterfall if he somehow predicts that I have it, seeing as I haven’t revealed it all match.

Encore will force Cress out. I go back to Sceptile, who's probably best suited to handling Silent Verse's other Pokemon.

---I
Silent Verse switched in Boom Box (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Pointed stones dug into Boom Box.
Boom Box lost 6% of its health.

Damn. Sceptile again. I really don’t want to lose Donphan now, since it might prove useful later on so I switch to Registeel to take the possible Leaf Storm.

I'm pretty sure this Donphan isn't going to stay in and use Ice Shard, so I use Leech Seed to catch the incoming Registeel. I'm getting a bit low on Leech Seed PP as well, but if I predict right here Missy should be able to sweep very soon...

---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Drummer was seeded!
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 0% of its health.

---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!

Cress comes back in to relieve the burden off of Regi. I can now just stall him out, so I’m not too worried.

Cresselia comes back in. Damn. I can't outstall it, but I'm going to create a safe opening for Missy to come in

Stalling is here. Skip at your discretion.
---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Cresselia was seeded!
Cresselia restored 37% of its health.
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 13% of its health.
---
Sally used Hidden Power.
Cresselia lost 11% of its health.
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!
---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 19% of its health.
---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 19% of its health.

---
Cresselia restored 43% of its health.
Missy regained health!
Missy restored 6% of its health.

Okay, so after that lengthy exchange, FlareBlitz finally switched to Missy. Unfortunately, Regi is pretty weak by now. However, at least I have Ambi in the wings if all fails. I just need to constantly break his sub.

Missy gets in safely. Registeel should be coming in now, and it should be within KO range for 2 HP Fightings...if I pull this off, it's gg.

---
Missy used Substitute.
Missy lost 25% of its health.
Missy made a substitute!
---
Missy used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Drummer lost 23% of its health.
Drummer used Iron Head.
The substitute took damage for Missy!
Missy's substitute faded!

Ugh...I don't think this next attack will ko, and I'm pretty sure the thing has Thunderwave. Unwilling to risk paralysis, I decide to Sub.

---
Missy used Substitute.
Missy lost 25% of its health.
Missy made a substitute!
Drummer used Iron Head.
The substitute took damage for Missy!
Missy's substitute faded!

..and Registeel happily moves well out of KO range while breaking my sub. I guess Whoostle is right, I'd win twice as often if I didn't Substitute so much...not much point in leaving Missy in now.

---
Drummer used Iron Head.
Polly lost 12% of its health.
Polly is hurt by poison!

Ok, he switched in Poliwrath again who is incredibly weak after being constantly bombed by attack after attack. He’s in the range for an Earthquake to KO, and I don’t want him coming in again and encoring something, so, so long, and good riddance fighting tadpole!

Polly comes in on Iron Head and manages to survive, but the poor gal is on her last legs now. Regardless, Silent Verse is in a tough position now. A switch to Cresselia would mean that Polly will die and clear the way for Missy to come in again, allowing me to Calm Mind and KO Registeel when it comes back in. On the other hand, leaving it in would mean that waterfall has a good chance of dropping it into HP Fighting KO range. A switch to Donphan is, for obvious reasons, not wise.

---
Polly used Waterfall.
Drummer lost 24% of its health.
Drummer used Earthquake.
Polly lost 8% of its health.
FlareAlt's Polly fainted.

Vs
X

4-3

---

Ah, he switches Missy back in to finish Regi off. That’s fine for me, since Regi did great during that match. And I can then use Ambipom to sac Missy. I really thank the fact that I decided to put Pursuit on my Ambipom.

Missy used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Drummer lost 18% of its health.
Silent Verse's Drummer fainted.

X vs

3-3

And, finally, Registeel goes down...now Missy should be able to sweep!

---
Pointed stones dug into Rapper.
Rapper lost 12% of its health.
Rapper used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Missy lost 63% of its health.
FlareAlt's Missy fainted.

Tee-hee. This is why I run Pursuit over Taunt. It makes Ambipom a great cleaner.

..oh, fuck. I completely forgot about that Ambipom. Killing Registeel cleared the way for it to come in safely. There's nothing i can do; Missy dies to a swift Pursuit.

Vs
X

3-2
---
Sally used Leaf Storm.
Cresselia lost 37% of its health.

He switches in Sceptile, to which I counter with my switch in to Cress. However, he finally decides to use Leaf Storm again, severely weakening my Cress. I need to Moonlight NOW. I’m really running out of Moonlight though, and I only have 1 left. I hope his Subs run out soon…

I switch in Sceptile and attempt to eliminate the Ambipom, but no such luck. Cresselia comes back in and sponges Leaf Storm with her fat ass. Lose weight, Cresselia.
---
Sally used Leech Seed.
Cresselia was seeded!
Cresselia restored 50% of its health.
Sally regained health!
Sally restored 0% of its health.

Good, it's seeded, somewhat weak, and low on Moonlight PP. It's time to bring in Arcanine again.

---
Marley lost 9% of its health.
Marley regained health!

Hmm, so he decides to switch Arcanine back in. That shouldn’t be too much of a problem, Donphan takes it’s hits pretty dang well. I think I might be able to pull off the win!

Thankfully, Arcanine comes in on Signal Beam instead of Psychic, shaking off the damage and also some Stealth Rock damage due to leech seed. Now, I haven't revealed any of my Arcanine's moves except Morning Sun to Silent Verse. However, Morning Sun would probably suggest that I'm running a somewhat defensive Arcanine. This isn't the case, however...

---
Marley used Flare Blitz.
Boom Box lost 67% of its health.
Marley was hit by recoil!
Marley lost 23% of its health.

GOD DAMN! Choice Band Arcanine was not something I expected. Worst of all, Donphan is basically sacked at this point. In my desperation, I switch to Cress, hoping it can take the Flare Blitz better than Phan.

Yes, I'm running a monstrously powerful CB Arcanine. With Morning Sun. Why? Because Arcanine's physical movepool is as barren as the Sahara. Seriously Gamefreak, give it Earthquake or Stone Edge or something...anyway, I expect to finish off Donphan here.

---
Marley used Flare Blitz.
Cresselia lost 46% of its health.
Marley lost 21% of its health.

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap! I can’t outspeed this thing with anything but Ambipom, nothing can take a Flare Blitz, and Ambi’s not coming in anytime soon! I might as well sac Donphan then.

Not at all sure why Silent Verse made this move. Did he underestimate how strong Arcanine is? Cresselia moves into KO range for another Flare Blitz.

---
Marley used Flare Blitz.
Boom Box lost 27% of its health.
Silent Verse's Boom Box fainted.
Marley lost 9% of its health.

Go, Ambipom! Destroy that Arcanine and net me the win!

Silent Verse makes the logical move here and sacs Donphan, probably to bring in Ambipom safely and force Arcanine out.

X vs

2-2

---
Pointed stones dug into Rapper.
Rapper lost 12% of its health.
Rapper used Fake Out.
Sally lost 54% of its health.

Okay, he switched to Sceptile. I realize I probably lost at this moment, since Cress isn’t going to take an Overgrow Leaf Storm well at its current health, and Ambipom is going to be outprioritized and KO’d by Arcanine’s Extremespeed. I really should grow some balls and use Return immediately sometimes. As such, I say good-bye to Ambi.

As expected, Ambipom comes in. I switch out to Sceptile, my last remaining Pokemon, who takes the hit like a champ. Sceptile moves into Overgrow range, meaning that SOMETHING is now going to die.

---
Sally used Leaf Storm.
Rapper lost 75% of its health.
Silent Verse's Rapper fainted.

X vs

1-2

See ya Ambi. You were a great cleaner, like always.

Ambipom bites the dust. Unfortunately, the special attack drop means that I might not be able to KO Cresselia (or so I thought)

---
Silent Verse: gg
Sally used Leech Seed.
Cresselia was seeded!
Sally regained health!

I say my gg’s. I know I probably lost at this point. Cress is weak, it’s my last poke, and I have nothing that can destroy Arcanine. Sceptile can stall out my last Moonlight PP, and I know I’m helpless. But wait! I can still pull this off! I can outstall Sceptile(hopefully) and if I predict when Arcanine switches in, I can kill it and finish the game off!

I did calculations later. Yes, it would have killed. Yes, I felt really stupid. Now begins a fairly long stall war between Cresselia and Sceptile. You can read over it if you really don't have anything better to do, or you could just skip to the next relevant move...

Note: Remaining stall is here.

---
FlareAlt: Would that have killed
FlareAlt: I would feel stupid if so
FlareAlt: >_>
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
Cresselia used Psychic.
Sally regained health!
---
Silent Verse: no idea
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
Cresselia used Psychic.
Sally regained health!
---
FlareAlt: Ya I don't remember
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
Cresselia used Psychic.
Sally regained health!

---
Silent Verse: I've haven't faced many Leaf Storm Sceptiles with Subseed
Marley regained health!

NOOOOOOOOO! There goes my last hope of winning. Morning Sun is just going to outstall me and Psychic doesn’t do enough. Darn you FlareBlitz for sticking Morning Sun on such an offensive Arcanine! But what if I get a crit? C’mon, Crit!

I make a very ballsy move here, and switch in Arcanine on a predicted Moonlight. Note that, in all likelihood, even Signal Beam would have killed me at this point. Now, you might be asking, why would I, such a conservative player, do such a risky thing? Well, it's simple. I had literally 3 Substitute PP left. It was only a little while later that I realized Silent Verse was probably out of Moonlight PP too...if Arcanine had died here, this game would have been over. Anyway, now I'm going to take the time to (unnecessarily, it turns out) heal up...
---
FlareAlt: xD
Marley used Morning Sun.
Marley restored 50% of its health.
Cresselia used Psychic.
Marley lost 34% of its health.
Marley regained health!
---
Marley used Morning Sun.
Marley restored 45% of its health.
Cresselia used Psychic.
Marley lost 31% of its health.
Marley regained health!

So now, I have finally lost. I see no way I can win. I’m finished. The game is over. The King is in the corner, surrounded by the remaining opposing pieces, ready to finish his reign of evil once and for all. These are the last turns. The checkmate is in place. And it happens now. GG FlareBlitz, you played incredibly well. It was a fun match. Quite the anti-climactic ending, but it was an excellent match nonetheless.

---
Cresselia used Psychic.
Sally lost 33% of its health.
Sally regained health!

Sceptile comes in. The game is pretty much mine now, as I'll be able to use up my last few subs and damage Cresselia enough with Leech Seed to put it into KO range for Leaf Storm. And, well, that's what happens! Man, battles involving Cresselia end on such anti-climatic notes...but the journey getting here was one hell of a ride at least.

---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!
---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!
---
Sally used Substitute.
Sally made a substitute!
It's super effective!
Sally regained health!
---
Sally used Leaf Storm.
Cresselia lost 38% of its health.
It's super effective!
Sally lost 40% of its health.
Sally regained health!

---
Sally used Hidden Power.
Cresselia lost 2% of its health.
Silent Verse's Cresselia fainted.
FlareAlt wins!
FlareAlt: gg
Silent Verse: gg

X vs

0-2

And so, the long, drawn out fight was ended. Here are the props and slops!

Silent Verse’s Props+Slops
Props:

· Flareblitz for playing great and predicting a lot of my moves.
· Cress, for basically sitting there and taking almost every form of punishment, and surviving for a long time.
· Ambipom, for revenging a lot of things and effectively stopping Missy from dismantling my team.
· Flareblitz’s Arcanine, for hitting like a tank on steroids and helping my team fall to Subseed
· Flareblitz’s Sceptile, for stalling out a lot of my team with subseed.

Slops:

· Me, for predicting badly at points.
· Donphan, it didn’t pull much weight other than be a giant punching bad for Arcanine.
· The small bit of hax we had during this match.

FlareBlitz’s Props+Slops

Props
-Sceptile, for being the fastest non-Uber subseeder and probably doing well over 1000% total damage this match.
-Cresselia, for probably taking well over 1000% total damage this match. While being a fat duck that looks like it's about to go to
Woodstock.
-Arcanine, for being sexy.

Slops
-Poliwrath, for being unable to outspeed something I specifically EV'd it to outspeed.
-Mismagius, for being on the cusp of a sweep and then dying to pursuit.
-Venusaur, for trying to take on an Altaria.
-Me, for adding about 10 turns to the match and risking a loss by failing at math.

FlareBlitz’s Team:

We hope you enjoyed our first warstory!

I liked the warstory, comments from both players is nice, however, I would like to see the percentages of the Pokemon, otherwise it gets confusing when you say something is near death. Nice Job though.

An Ambipom lead. Rhyperior matches up well against it, since even LO versions fail to 2hko with Low Kick. Rhyperior's ability to handle Ambipom, Froslass, and various bulky leads is the primary reason I use it. Anyway, I assume it's going to use Fake Out, or go straight to Low Kick if it's an LO variant, so I click on Earthquake.
Comes before you actually sent out your leads.

And wow, that was really long, but great. Cresselia is breakable even with reliable recovery, but damn hard to kill anyways. Really nice warstory though.

the comments were good, really good, and some of the predictions were great. The battle was pretty average half of it was just a leech seed toxic stall fest, but it had a good ending

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@Regarding the HP Percents:

Yeah, we got kind of lazy at that point, since it would take such a long time to do it. However, if you want, I could attempt to recreate them, though it might take a while.

@ARandomDude:

Ok, I'll edit that then.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
One of the best warstories I ve read.

Comments were great and the battle was exciting.

Kudos for using custom sets.
5/5

SubSeed Leaf Storm Sceptile is nothing new - Hyu and I have been using it for ages as I'm sure many others have also. It works great, and this warstory really shows that well. Good game!

Man was that so long to read....

Anyway good warstory overall. The commentary was great and some predictions were decent. Not much hax either.

Through I agree that adding HP percents would make this better,I'm really curious to see Cresselia's HP after being in a small stallfest against Spectile.

8.0/10

a pretty good warstory with well written comments that explained your thought processes. i've actually had a bunch of matches that played out in this general style, haha. 4/5

flareblitz you should stop subbing unnecessarily >:(

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, I would have put the %s in, but this battle is well over 80 turns long and I get very unpleasant when I do lots of tedious math. Anyway, glad you guys liked it.

Generally i dont find long warstories too interesting, nor stall wars for that matter.
Also you both made some mistakes (for example, forgetting about amibpom and trying to sweep with mismagius).
However, both of your comments kept me entertained and the teams were well made and well thought out.
3.5/5
I hope you guys make more warstories, a little less on the stall side of things.

Great warstory. Pretty long, but I love the use of SubSeed Sceptile. The amount of teams that are ill prepared for it's onslaught and end up dying is amazing. 8/10

the battle was good but stall wars just aren't that interesting.

god cress is a pain..

good comments though

Good warstory. A few fairly obvious mistakes that I can't remember due it being so damn long xD. I love that sceptile set, I used it a lot in the last phase of the meatgame...such a terror to many teams. Stalling is so effing boring! Quick question for Silent Verse: Where are you from? I ask because some of your English was a little off. If I ever start playing enough in this metagame...I may have a decent warstory too!

SilentVerse

Into the New World
@Flamewheeler: I'm from Canada, though I'm purely Asian. I never noticed that my English was off, but then again, I tried to write my comments in a style that mimics the way I speak. My way of speaking English is a little bit awkward sounding, so yeah.

Also, thanks to all you people that read and enjoyed our warstory! I'm glad that you liked it.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No critical hit at the end? I salute you. That would be typical.

9/10. Just add percents at crucial moments, like, say, after stall wars, and when one poke kills another.

Definately one of the better UU warstories i've read, great comments, great sets, great plays; the only flaw I could find was, of course, the percentages. They just make it so much easier to understand. 9/10

good warstory. the stall was ok, since you didn't make us read the whole thing. Props to the SubSeed Sceptile. I've used one for a while and it just crushes unsuspecting teams, even in OU. good job you two 8.5/10(precentages and a few mistakes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)