Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Spd / 80 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder
RTRaikou stalls Blissey to its death and helps my overall water weak.
I'm not entirely sure what to do here; Timid to beat Dugtrio or Modest to break Jolteon subs?

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
Here's something you don't see everyday! This T-Tar can take on Dusclops/Gengar without much problem. Taking these pokemon down is essential to my team's survival, not being extremely resistant to sandstream, as otherwise they can wall my Rapid Spin attempts all day.
I usually find myself keeping this in against things like Salamence so I can paralyze them.

The odd thing is, this team also doesn't have much problems in the sandstorm. ;]

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Protect
- Roar
- Wish
A staple Wishmence set I've been implementing into a lot of my teams lately. HP: Fly does more to Snorlax, breaks Flygon's subs, and hits Celebi hard at the same time. Roar makes this an okay Curselax counter, and this totally walls Calmcune with roar.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 20 Spd / 96 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
The only viable bulky water that could pass paralysis is Slowbro. Thus, it is here on my team to wall the things bulky water does, and if I am desperate it can CM and sweep. (I usually don't, tbh.)

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 120 Def / 28 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
My staple Forry set nowadays. Light Screen prevents Magneton rape and increases my team's shaky special defense. Spikes causes havoc like none other, and with EQ it also functions as my reliable Metagross counter. (It will just blow up if I send in Slowbro. ._.)

Breloom (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Mach Punch
- Sky Uppercut
- Sludge Bomb

Ah, here it is. This benefits plenty from the mass paralysis support, and has won countless games. The set should be self-explanatory: Rock for Zapdos/Mence/Gyara, Mach Punch is for fast damage (it is incredibly handy in wierd situations, like a last poke Houndoom, lol), Sky Uppercut is the STAB that hits hard, and Sludge Bomb is specifically for Celebi in case it does not go down to Tyranitar. Spore will just be an empty shell of a move with so much paralysis going on, and Focus Punch is just plain unneeded 90% of the time.

Overall, I have a Dugtrio weakness, but meh, this is one of my favorite teams. Team inspired by Ace777. :]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very interesting team as usual =p. Letting Ttar absorb Earthquake for Salpar is fine, but make sure it is not an Elemence xD. I was also going to say something about your team not being able to do much against Blissey, but it seems from your above description that Raikou is your safe Blissey switch-in. Your team is pretty dependent in Salamence's defense and wish, but Salamence's defensive spread should allow it to survive for quite awhile I guess.

Other than Dugtrio, Raikou could hurt you. Sandstream and Light Screen will help against Raikou, but Breloom is your only reliable physical offense to beat such special uppers, and that isn't that hopeful.

It seems you have a Toxic Swampert weak :o. Meh if you ask me I would lose Tyranitar since you only have two pokemon who resist the Sandstorm. You could also lose CM on Slowbro for Rest but meh... Ludi over Bro for life :P.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, I kind of just now realized that Raikou weakness. xD This means I'll need to replace Slowbro for something to handle that. I've decided to make Raikou Timid to outspeed Adamant Dugtrio just because it is vital to the team. (Keeping the same EVs on it and just switching it to Jolly will give it 341 Speed and 286 special attack)

However, Jolteon starters kind of scare me now, as Raikou will not break their subs 100% of the time anymore. Perhaps I should use Crunch to fix that problem? However, Dugtrio kills me once again, so it's a moot point I think...

Anyways, there are two pokemon I know that will do well over Slowbro's slot to cover Raikou and still counter Swampert: Venusaur and Vileplume. (EDIT: Which also solves that Toxic Swampert problem Ace mentioned...lol.) Both of these pokemon have their strong points, but I'll leave it up to the general audience to choose for me. =p

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Roar
- Leech Seed / Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
Takes care of Jolteon very nicely. Sludge Bomb is to put the beating on Raikou and another electrics, Giga Drain is to smack Swampert while it gives recovery. Venusaur doesn't learn Stun Spore, so I might miss the para support. :[

Vileplume (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed / Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
It gets Stun Spore, which is great for the missing T-Wave Slowbro had in this slot. Same details for Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain as Venusaur, but this lets Jolteon get away. Most likely I won't be needing Aromatherapy, so everything is the same except for Stun Spore > Roar.

I'm torn between which to use, help me out. :[

WHERES THE VICTREEBEL OPTION??? Eh I would really go with Vileplume seeing as you already can haze with Salamence. PS Fire weaks are always cool if you're going to use one of them over Slowbro. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)