Tournament NUPL X - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

NUPL X Info Hub
NUPL X Spreadsheet

Semifinals

The Moneymaker Musharnas (5) vs (2) The Holy Heliolisks
SS: GXE vs Kushalos
SS: Confide vs turtledoggo1
SS: pdt vs OranBerryBlissey10
SM: Luthier vs Alpha Rabbit
ORAS: Kiyo vs etern
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Annoyer
DPP: vivalospride vs HSOWA
ADV: Jisoo vs Roseybear

MF PLOOMS (4) vs (4) The Malding Machamps
SS: zS vs Star
SS: mncmt vs Xiri
SS: gum vs TJ
SM: avarice vs robjr
ORAS: Spl4sh vs Chaitanya
BW: Togkey vs ninjadog
DPP: Beraldinho vs tlenit
ADV: Raichy vs ziloXX
The Moneymaker Musharnas (0) vs (0) The Holy Heliolisks
SS: GXE vs Kushalos
SS: Confide vs turtledoggo1
SS: pdt vs OranBerryBlissey10
SM: Luthier vs Alpha Rabbit
ORAS: Kiyo vs etern
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Annoyer
DPP: vivalospride vs HSOWA
ADV: Jisoo vs Roseybear

MF PLOOMS (0) vs (0) The Malding Machamps
SS: zS vs Star
SS: mncmt vs Xiri
SS: gum vs TJ
SM: avarice vs robjr
ORAS: Spl4sh vs Chaitanya
BW: Togkey vs ninjadog
DPP: Beraldinho vs tlenit
ADV: Raichy vs ziloXX

Deadline is July 3rd at 10 PM GMT-4.

Last edited:
The Moneymaker Musharnas (3) vs (5) The Holy Heliolisks
SS1: GXE vs Kushalos: un un un
SS2: Confide vs turtledoggo1: top 5 luckiest NU players I know
SS3: pdt vs OranBerryBlissey10: self price gouge into demolish this tour foolproof plan
SM: Luthier vs Alpha Rabbit: idt Luth can lose anything if he doesn't want to
ORAS: Kiyo vs etern: kiyo's gonna bring some heat little cup team and get out-BST'd
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Annoyer: he builds like me and I'm the best
DPP: vivalospride vs HSOWA: goat
ADV: Jisoo vs Roseybear: goat

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
MF PLOOMS (5) vs (3) The Malding Machamps
SS: zS vs Star (Highlight matchup, Star is one of the best players on the site and zS is a rising NU star. I'm gonna give zS the edge on a gut feeling, he'll be a lot more motivated by the occasion and determined to make a statement win here.)
SS: mncmt vs Xiri (If mncmt shows up I favour him against most people in the tour, he's an extremely dangerous player and has a knack for making smart team choices. That being said, Xiri has had a good season and is no slouch either, so this will probably come down to whoever preps better.)
SS: gum vs TJ (TJ is more proven and less likely to falter in a higher stakes match, so I'm gonna lean towards him here, but iirc gum has had some solid wins as well, so it's by no means a lost cause of a match.)
SM: avarice vs robjr (rob should take this with a solid team and sturdy outplaying, I have a lot of faith in his ability to pick up wins in SM)
ORAS: Spl4sh vs Chaitanya (This match is either gonna be an epic clash of heat teams and aggressive play, or an absolute trainwreck that we cant turn away from, I think the latter is more likely and Spl4sh thrives in those types of matches, so going with him. That being said, Chait is better in terms of team choice and that could be the determining factor here.)
BW: Togkey vs ninjadog (Another hl, ninjadog is the goat of BW, only reason I'm bolding togkey is because I know he'll be a lot more invested in this as manager and a relative newcomer to the scene, and he's already proven to be a top contender in this tier since the revamp. This could easily go either way though, ninja has the experience and already proven himself in countless pls, will young Togkey prevail against his greatest obstacle yet? We'll see.)
DPP: Beraldinho vs tlenit (I'll be honest I haven't watched much DPP or ADV this time around, but I think Berald is a bit better at this tier and I like his name, it's fun to say.)
ADV: Raichy vs ziloXX (Raichy and zilo both knocked out some strong opponents last week, but I believe last time they played zilo was victorious, so I'll go with him here.)

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
i wanted to prep last night, but i got the news that one of my favorite content creators of all time technoblade, lost his fight to cancer. couldn't even think about pokemon the rest of the day. normally wouldn't reload for semis or make a sappy post but this one hits hard, this one's for you techno. rest in peace brother, love you.

1gg https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ru-635586

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)