Tournament NUPL VII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
teddeh asked for 10pm +1 today. ive waited for an hour and checked in w/ his managers too and he didnt show. i made it clear from the contact i couldnt play sunday so requesting activity. (proof on my wall)

I disagree with the activity claim - he never gave a time window and i'm online and willing to play now. I was late and I suggested 10pm estimating what time, but i didn't know exactly when i would be home. i didn't even see what he responded because of my irl situation. However, he suggested 1 time for today after telling me he couldn't play tomorrow and didn't make me aware that he had to leave at 6pm his time until it was already too late as i was a little late getting on. I'll still be online for the next hour or 2 to play the match and i'll be around tomorrow as well

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
I disagree with the activity claim - he never gave a time window and i'm online and willing to play now. I was late and I suggested 10pm estimating what time, but i didn't know exactly when i would be home. i didn't even see what he responded because of my irl situation. However, he suggested 1 time for today after telling me he couldn't play tomorrow and didn't make me aware that he had to leave at 6pm his time until it was already too late as i was a little late getting on. I'll still be online for the next hour or 2 to play the match and i'll be around tomorrow as well
1) why was he supposed to suggest a time window? you asked for times and he gave you specific ones, and then you were the one that suggested 10pm not even giving a fucking time range yourself if you are trying to say its mandatory in any way.
2) he suggested one time for today and then when you said you couldnt make that time he agreed to the time that you suggested, was he supposed to reply to you again with more times after that or what.
3) he gave you adequate heads up as you were already 40 minutes late and he had to leave, we tagged osh as well in the managers channel so he would be aware as well and could maybe get a sub if needed. once again, you were the one that was 40 minutes late so its not on him at all.

also to recap, star at first requested thursday/friday at first, and once it was clear that wasnt going to work out he made time on saturday. from the start you have been the one with terrible scheduling, not offering times at the start, just a simple "gmt+1 when fight for nupl". not figuring out times till the day of the scheduling or the day before, and waiting from monday->thursday to even reply back to him. this should be a fairly clear cut activity win, you missed the time by an hour, star said he wouldnt be able to do sunday, and this was the result.

also re bughouses post, he played that game on his phone for a tour on a random other subforum because he was at risk of losing off of activity there. in this scenario he has no reason to handicap himself by playing on phone for this tour because teddeh, not him, was the one that missed the scheduled time by over an hour.

1) why was he supposed to suggest a time window? you asked for times and he gave you specific ones, and then you were the one that suggested 10pm not even giving a fucking time range yourself if you are trying to say its mandatory in any way.
2) he suggested one time for today and then when you said you couldnt make that time he agreed to the time that you suggested, was he supposed to reply to you again with more times after that or what.
3) he gave you adequate heads up as you were already 40 minutes late and he had to leave, we tagged osh as well in the managers channel so he would be aware as well and could maybe get a sub if needed. once again, you were the one that was 40 minutes late so its not on him at all.

also to recap, star at first requested thursday/friday at first, and once it was clear that wasnt going to work out he made time on saturday. from the start you have been the one with terrible scheduling, not offering times at the start, just a simple "gmt+1 when fight for nupl". not figuring out times till the day of the scheduling or the day before, and waiting from monday->thursday to even reply back to him. this should be a fairly clear cut activity win, you missed the time by an hour, star said he wouldnt be able to do sunday, and this was the result.

also re bughouses post, he played that game on his phone for a tour on a random other subforum because he was at risk of losing off of activity there. in this scenario he has no reason to handicap himself by playing on phone for this tour because teddeh, not him, was the one that missed the scheduled time by over an hour.
I don't like your tone in this post, so i'm going to cut the crap here and tell you straight up to talk to people with respect. If you can't do that, then don't bother replying to me at all because you just make yourself sound like a twat.
Secondly, I was free and willing to play thursday, he preferred another day and I had been very clear with my scheduling.

Responding to your final point - if he's okay to play a tour game on his phone for another tour, then he should be able to fight me. Being able to fight another tour demonstrates his unwillingness to play due to me being late - hence fishing for activity wins.

Also - if he's refusing to play despite being able and willing to play for another tour (after I was available and showed up) - then I am requesting activity win since he's shown an unwillingness to play our series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)