Tournament NUPL VII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
NUPL VII BANNER YEAH!
Deadline: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59pm GMT -5

STANDINGS

vs

The Mesmerizing Mesprits (4) vs The Pablo Sands (6)
USUM NU: Sjneider vs TDK
USUM NU: yeezyknows vs emforbes
USUM NU: Louna vs soulgazer
USUM NU: paper dreams vs lax
ORAS NU: Skelos vs tko
BW NU: pinktidal vs ebeast
DPP NU: KW vs ima
ADV NU: kaori vs Pearl
GSC NU: Sage vs ggggd
Bo3: ict vs FLCL

vs

The Vibrant Vivillons (2) vs The Krusty Krabs (8)
USUM NU: Dangerous vs Santu
USUM NU: Gondra vs Jytcampbell
USUM NU: Hootie vs quziel
USUM NU: Star vs Lycans
ORAS NU: Abejas vs Evan.
BW NU: Slide vs Peli
DPP NU: rozes vs Heysup
ADV NU: spink vs Megazard
GSC NU: TonyFlygon vs Earthworm
Bo3: Eternally vs Kiyo

vs

The Moneymaker Musharnas (6) vs The Sacred Samurotts (4)
USUM NU: mael vs SANJAY
USUM NU: Charmflash vs Snou
USUM NU: Stone_Cold vs Osh
USUM NU: -Davon vs Ren-chon
ORAS NU: Shaneghoul vs Teddeh
BW NU: Raseri vs Robert Alfons
DPP NU: Honko vs Bughouse
ADV NU: Rabia vs M Dragon
GSC NU: Diophantine vs DurzaOffTopic
Bo3: Raichy vs honchkrow

vs

The Listless Lilligants (4) vs The Pile of Swines (6)
USUM NU: HarrisIsAwesome vs col49
USUM NU: Kushalos vs Lopunny Kicks
USUM NU: robjr vs elodin
USUM NU: Eternal Spirit vs EviGaro
ORAS NU: The Goomy vs Jarii
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Insult
DPP NU: HSOWA vs DeepBlueC
ADV NU: Noitu vs Sam
GSC NU: HSA vs -Tsunami-
Bo3: Finchinator vs byronthewellwell

If I made a mistake please contact me asap. Good luck everyone!​

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
USUM NU: Sjneider vs TDK
USUM NU: yeezyknows vs emforbes
USUM NU: Louna vs soulgazer
USUM NU: paper dreams vs lax
ORAS NU: Skelos vs tko
BW NU: pinktidal vs ebeast
DPP NU: KW vs ima
Bo3: ict vs FLCL

USUM NU: Dangerous vs Santu
USUM NU: Gondra vs Jytcampbell
USUM NU: Hootie vs quziel
USUM NU: Star vs Lycans
ORAS NU: Abejas vs Evan.
BW NU: Slide vs Peli
DPP NU: rozes vs Heysup
Bo3: Eternally vs Kiyo

USUM NU: HarrisIsAwesome vs col49
USUM NU: Kushalos vs Lopunny Kicks - love u but its tough
USUM NU: robjr vs elodin
USUM NU: Eternal Spirit vs EviGaro
ORAS NU: The Goomy vs Jarii
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Insult
DPP NU: HSOWA vs DeepBlueC
Bo3: Finchinator vs Garay oak

lets go Samurotts!

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
GSC predicts:
GSC NU: HSA vs -Tsunami-: HSA will take this I think. He is the king of GSC Lower Tiers, though is a lot more modest about it at the moment. Tsunami played last week, but I think that HSA will be too tough an opponent for him.

GSC NU: TonyFlygon vs Earthworm: Tony’s game was dead last week and I’ve never seen him play GSC NU, or any GSC tier for that matter. While I think he’s a good player in general, Earthworm slaughtered everyone in his NU tournament and is of course a force to be reckoned with.

GSC NU: Sage vs ggggd: again, another case of “I’ve never seen this person play this gen/tier” vs “someone whom I have seen play well” so going with Queen Sage here

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
adv predicts

ADV NU: kaori (40) vs. Pearl (60):
Sam is heat, but Pearl is super heat. Between the two teams from last week, I think Pearl also brought a more significantly sound team. Prepping for Pearl last week, I thought he'd bring a lot of general goodstuffs, but he showed that he's put in the time to learn the tier on a deeper level than that. Hard to predict against someone that beat me too lol

ADV NU: Rabia (99.99) vs. M Dragon (0.01):
Rabia is some kind of elder god in ADV NU. The level of skill he is capable of is so high, you wouldn't expect the son of a mortal man to be able to demonstrate it. His prophetic ability is unmatched, and the only chance M Drag has of challenging it is probably by randomizing every aspect of his approach to Rabia including his team and plays. These are my honest and very truthful thoughts on this matchup and not the result of me rooting for a friend.

ADV NU: Noitu (55) vs. Sam (45):
I think during last week's game, it felt like Noitu was always a step behind M Drag, but got through it with the Trop that M Drag wasn't prepared for. That being said, it's not as if he played bad. Playing to a win condition doesn't always mean you need to play out of your mind. Sam also had a very lucky bout in the battles of Sams last week, so it's hard to really gauge his level of proficiency in the tier nowadays. Gonna give the edge to Noitu simply because the depth of experience he has playing the format should give him an edge in the builder and playing.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
ADV NU: kaori vs. Pearl
I think Pearl has demonstrated to just be a really solid player regardless of tier. Although his game last week vs. the SPINKINATOR wasn't a rout by any means, I'm really high on Pearl at the moment. This obviously isn't to say that Sam is outclassed; this should overall be a really solid game.

ADV NU: spink vs. Megazard
The only reason Megazard beat me last week was by virtue of me outplaying myself; spink is the only person I know that is capable of even coming close to my level of god-king state, so as long as he remembers who he is playing, this shouldn't even be close. if spink so much as loses 1 Pokemon, I think mzard should be satisfied with the results of this battle.

ADV NU: Noitu vs. Sam
I think Sam's win last week can largely be attributed to lucking the shit out of other Sam. This isn't to say he played poorly, but I think Noitu had a more solid game overall even if he didn't look dominant in his win.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok i'll bite for oras :)

Skelos (60) vs tko (40)
if you'd asked me a year ago i'd have deffo gone with tko, but i've seen skelos getting way better as a player and doing p decent in tours. though if tko brings some whack af shit then it could go either way.

Abejas (40) vs Evan (60)
ok so as much as i'm a needless dick to evan, he definitely isn't bad. abejas hasn't played (?) in nupl since this one and evan has had a lot of team tour experience, along with rather interesting builds, so i see him taking it.

Shaneghoul (50) vs Teddeh (50)
impossible to call and the hl match of the week. two oras titans and metagame innovators with differing play-styles. teddeh usually uses more reliable and solid builds whereas shane is borderline impossible to guess what random shit he'll pull outta his head. a must watch!

The Goomy (45) vs Jarii (55)
have to give it to jarii here. i personally haven't watched much of The Goomy, but i'm positive of jarii being able to come up with some nice non-standard build. though i have seen the kind of stuff The Goomy can make so maybe he'll out meme jarii who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)