Tournament NUPL VII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
NUPL VII thread titles are the best!
Deadline: Sunday, June 16th @ 11:59pm GMT -5

After 7 weeks of qualifying we're finally here with the playoffs. Congratulations to all you who made it, and good luck in the last two weeks of trying.

vs

The Sacred Samurotts (5) vs The Pile of Swines (5)
USUM NU: Osh vs Lopunny Kicks
USUM NU: Snou vs EviGaro
USUM NU: Ren-chon vs Chaitanya
USUM NU: DurzaOffTopic vs Kingler12345
ORAS NU: honchkrow vs Jarii
BW NU: HJAD vs Insult
DPP NU: Bughouse vs DeepBlueC
ADV NU: M Dragon vs col49
GSC NU: Watchog vs elodin
Bo3: Teddeh vs Garay oak

vs

The Pablo Sands (5) vs The Krusty Krabs (5)
USUM NU: lax vs Lycans
USUM NU: TDK vs Santu
USUM NU: emforbes vs Jytcampbell
USUM NU: Pearl vs Gunner Rohan
ORAS NU: tko vs Kiyo
BW NU: ebeast vs Peli
DPP NU: ima vs Heysup
ADV NU: Bouff vs Megazard
GSC NU: soulgazer vs Earthworm
Bo3: FLCL vs Evan.

If I made a mistake please contact me asap. Good luck everyone!

Tiebreakers
The Sacred Samurotts vs The Pile of Swines
SM: Snou vs elodin
DPP: M Dragon vs col49
Bo3: Ren-chon vs Garay oak

The Pablo Sands vs The Krusty Krabs
SM: lax vs Jytcampbell
GSC: TDK vs Earthworm
Bo3: FLCL vs Kiyo
Tiebreaker deadline Wednesday, June 19th @ 11:59pm GMT -4

Last edited:

Sjneider

swag to the yolo
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
My first predicts for anything ever, just gonna do SM cuz that’s what I know

Osh vs Lopunny Kicks – I think this is probably the closest mu in the series despite what others may think. Osh is no stranger to NU obviously having started in all officials involving this tier iirc. However, I think Punny’s aggressive high risk high reward playstyle combined with Elodin support matches up quite well vs Osh’s more safe and calculated route, which is why I am predicting what I’d consider an upset.

Snou vs EviGaro– Snou’s just been on a tear in NU, whether its 6-1 vs a good group of players going into semis in NUPL and some other tours I’ve seen him in. Think he’s got a really solid understanding of the metagame and can also be very creative with his builds. Im really hoping for a stunfisk or something of sorts from our Italian friend over here.

Lax vs Lycans – I mean Lax is the best NUer in the game rn imo not to mention just a top player in general. Having said that, Lycans is no slouch though and he can definitely hold his own against a lot of good players. However, I feel that the sheer aidsness of having to play against Lax’s mono-tect 6 will just be too much for Lycans to overcome.

TDK vs Santu- oml a Pack mu. Both good players but I’m gonna give the edge to TDK just because he’s more involved within the tier and I think his game-planning ability is second to none. I feel like Santu’s just gonna bring standard, which is where it might cost him bc TDK has some of the most unholy techs that have yet to be unleashed and when they hit, they rly do hit.

Good luck to everyone in playoffs and may the non-plume wielders win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)