Tournament NUPL VII: Manager Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Welcome to NUPL VII!

Kicking this off with little fanfare, because things currently are a mess elsewhere... The only change that is currently final is that GSC NU is replacing the Bo3 slot this year (thanks Earthworm). The discussion of what will happen with DPP NU is still ongoing, but it should hopefully be concluded prior to player sign ups going up.

Reminder that we will be maintaining the legacy team names this year and will not allow managers to change a prior team name without permission first. As a reminder, here are the 8 teams from last year:
The Vibrant Vivillons
The Krusty Krabs
The Busted Team Player Cats
The Moneymaker Musharnas
The Reckless Rhydons
The Dilly Dilly Dewgongs
The Klinklang Gang
The Listless Lilligants
Managers will be chosen based on experience in NU tournaments (most notably NUPL and SPL), involvement in the community, competence™, and historically demonstrating good behavior. If you're signing up, include solid reasoning as to why you would be a good manager based on these qualities we're looking for and which team you would like to take over if you have a preference. No shitposts masquerading as sign up posts, so no "in" posts please.

Here is the post outlining the format for this year

Dates

Manager Sign Ups: April 1st - April 7th​
Player Sign Ups: April 7th - April 14th​
Auction: Weekend after player sign ups end (TBD)​

Format

8 Teams of:​
3 USM NU​
1 ORAS NU​
1 BW2 NU​
1 DPP NU​
1 ADV NU​
1 GSC NU​
2 Subs​
Changes

Legacy Teams:
Teams that have been part of the NUPL roster for three consecutive years are given "legacy status" and will become permanent franchises. Our current franchise teams are: The Krusty Krabs, The Money Maker Musharnas, and The Vibrant Vivillons.​
Format:
GSC NU will be replacing the Bo3 slot this year. You can find out more information about the tier here.

Retains:
Continuing on with the focus on team legacy, we've decided to allow two retains per team this year. As always, each retain is worth their price from the previous year with an additional 3k credits added on. If a player was worth 7k or less credits last year, their retain price will cost 10k credits. Retains must be announced, at the latest, 24 hours before the auction. You are not allowed to retain the manager from the year before if you are inheriting a team.

For reference, here is the list of players price from NUPL VI https://pastebin.com/raw/RB8nRUEA

Manager buy-ins:
As per the same rules from last year, each manager is required to pay 10k credits to purchase the right to play for their team.​

Deadline for Manager Sign Ups will be Sunday, April 7th at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4).

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
I would like to take a team; i know i might not be the most known option, but i have been in the NU community for a while now, and i feel confident on myself doing well as a manager since i'm a tryhard and i always try to create a good enviroment where people have fun but also gives the best of themselves. I also have a good knowledge of all the metagames and the playerbase so that's a plus. Not as important but i already managed in some side pls and my team still won (one of them had eternally managing and rozes comanaging another team) so i can definetly lead whatever team i get to the win!! :blobnom:

Edit: requesting the klinklangs

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I would like to manage.

Krabs if Kiyo isn't managing again, but assuming he is, either of the Rhydons or Lilligants would be ideal.

edit: as per Kush's post, I would like to get the Lilligants if at all possible

Last edited:

Scottie

formerly Osh
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Gonna give this a try. I've been dedicating quite a bit of time to NU lately and have taken a step back from other tiers as a result, so I would definitely have more time to put into this, I have a good grasp of the player-base and the tier as a whole, with my results backing it up, having had a lot of success in the tier within recent times (SPL, Slam Winner, Ribbon Finals, etc), so I have a large understanding of who's up for the task in NUPL. I've played in multiple PLs, so I definitely know how to be part of a team environment. I'm fully willingly to dedicate myself to this, and will definitely prioritise this if I got the opportunity. I'll take whichever team.

Would like to take over busted team player cats, was on the team last year and would change the name this year to Mesmerizing Mesprits. I would be a good representation of the overlooked NU players that don’t get much attention and that would reflect in my draft.

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello, as usual I am absolutely not interested in managing but I'm here to drop off a brand new batch of free team names. QQ used my banner so I reserve shitposting rights for this thread, goml

the BWAHAHARIYAMAS
the FOAD Ferroseeds
the Free #general Froslasses
the J Jynxes
the Kay: Ban Decidueyes
the Kliqueklangs
the Nazi Mod Ninjasks
the Notorious Rozelias
the Quitpost Quagsires
the Retarded Opinion Rhydons
the Rimjob Rotoms
the Scrafty Doos
the Still 14 Steelixes

And as always, holding out hope that someone will actually make the Man Balamars a reality

id like to manage
i have some previous experience managing in some discord team tours, and ill be v active within the team. ive been in this community for almost a year now, and have had some decent results in individual tours. would like klangs but happy with anyone

Last edited:
I beg u Quite Quiet, pls let me manage at least something, I want to manage for once
I really want a managing history in a annual premier league like this one and really want to
feel the experience while managing. I want to try my best to learn the managing while I am
at it so please. Please. I want to make a better change to myself and prove I am good at
hosting, managing, and playing competitively. Because I wanted to learn a new tier in the month,
I have tried NU and I felt like It was the right tier that I should be playing so every time I was on Smogon
or PS!, I go to the NU Community and see what is going on, and ask for suggestions to fix my team so
I can be the best NU player I can be. But I want to manage in this tour to prove to other managers in the
future that I am a good, competitively, organizing, and active player/manager.
What I am trying to say is: NU makes me happy in a way that I have kind of stopped playing OU
and other upper tiers and I want to continue it for a long time and be a very good player.
If an annual NU tour signups went up, I would be very excited that I get to prove my self to
NU leaders, NU players, and NU managers that will come in the future at this tour. So, Quite Quiet,
Please look in the best of me and pick me for the Krusty Krabs manager. Thank you for reading my summary
of me and why I like NU and why I want to manage.

Please. Quite Quiet. I will show the requirements I need to be a successful team leader and player.
:blobuwu:

Last edited:
Id like the opportunity to manage this year

Obviously I have a bit of a checkered history with this tournament but that incident was almost 2 years ago and i'd like to think that my resume as both a sub and a manager since then (SPL 9, WCOP, Snake) has proven that im an extremely active chat presence and adept creating and fostering a fun and winning team environment.

I'm still extremely familiar and able to assist with ADV-ORAS and familiar enough with SM to be an asset to my players fairly quickly (GSC is kind of a mystery to me lmao). I'm also still in tune with the playerbase enough through watching seasonals / majors and SPL and scouting for snake that I have no doubts my team would be competitive.

I'd be happy with any team that was available, but it probably makes the most sense to take the klangs since I was a member last year. If i was picked though, I would be bringing back the ramps

VAMOS

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
After having been on the lilligants last year i do not believe rapture should get a manager spot. As a retain my input was completely ignored and we ended up with a bunch of holes across our team because of so called "friends" that ended up being dead slots and general lack of tier depth. I took the challenge and pretty much felt like i ended up managing the team because my former manager started to appear more and more on the background. I reckon a lot of my teammates from back then understand my point of view and some might even share my sentiment.

That said, Finchinator has my blessing as lilligants manager. There doesnt seem to be a shortage of other competent managers otherwise id have signed up myself. I hope my opinion is taken into account and i dont want to end on a negative note so heres to a fun nupl.

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
I would like to sign up to manage the Rhydons this year :woop:

I think I’ve moved on from my past mistakes for the most part and cemented myself as an NU player.
Experience: managed in like 5 monotype tours with success and my spl team would support my leadership both in the draft and during the main season

Edit: dibs on renaming to The Pablo Sands fuck you elodin

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Here's the managers for NUPL VII:
The Vibrant Vivillons: Eternally
The Krusty Krabs: Kiyo
The Busted Team Player Cats: banks
The Moneymaker Musharnas: Raseri
The Reckless Rhydons: lax
The Dilly Dilly Dewgongs: elodin
The Klinklang Gang: Osh
The Listless Lilligants: Finchinator

Player signups will come out soon. One more thing, which is why this is a bit late: There has been a lot of people asking for the Bo3 slot and how much they enjoy it, and after thinking and discussing about it with Eternally and friends we've decided to make NUPL 10 slots instead of 8. The two extra slots will be a 4th SM NU slot and the Bo3 slot.

Also if anybody wants to change names now is when I'm gonna let you do it if you pm me + eternally + finch with w/e you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)