National Dex Nuisance Team

The primary focus of my team is to just annoy the opponent with different sets such as a toxic stall, PP stall, curse killing, etc., but I've only really messed around with the viability of teams within PU and above metagames, so I'm not accustomed to gimmick sets such as these. Any help given would be greatly appreciated. Also forgive any errors with the post, I've just lurked before so this would be my first one.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Curse
- Substitute
- Protect

First off is my curse killer, Trevenant. Substitute + Leech Seed is used for protection and healing, while Protect is used for Seed recovery and turn stalling for Curse damage. The Sitrus Berry is here for bonus heals if you get too low off of Substitute or outside damage, along with Harvest to give more berries as the battle goes on. This set falls off against Grass types due to Leech Seed immunity, or anything that can one-shot your Sub.

Dusknoir @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spite
- Protect
- Pain Split
- Night Shade

Dusknoir is used here as a very gimmicky PP stall, focused on Pressure + Spite. Pressure and Spite both lower the PP of an opponent's moves tremendously, leading to a Struggle knock-out. Pain Split is for healing and giving a source of damage simultaneously. Night Shade for damage if Taunted, and it's decently reliable, especially against Def or SpD setups considering it bypasses all of those by doing a guaranteed amount. Ghostium Z used for Z-Spite, which allows it to heal to full HP one time outside of Pain Split.

Sigilyph @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Ancient Power

Next is Sigilyph, focused entirely on stat boosts. Cosmic Power provides Defense and Special Defense to make it become a tank, while the Weakness Policy gives Attack and Special Attack when hit super-effectively. Ancient Power has a low chance at everything being increased, and allows for damage aside from Stored Power if you don't want to waste boosts or don't have many. Roost provides healing for any damage you might take, which with a Cosmic Power or a few is very reliable. Magic Guard prevents pesky Toxic users from ruining the setup as well. The only real issue here is Unaware and Haze, or someone who can kill quickly before setup.

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soak
- Toxic
- Block
- Rest

While Sigilyph is useful for preventing Toxic, I have my own Toxic staller here. Pyukumuku is pretty tanky, so stat boosts or Sub are mostly unneeded. Unaware is great because it renders setups useless against it, adding somewhat to the bulk. Soak allows you to use Toxic on Steel and Poison types, while Block prevents them from switching. Rest of course is used for healing, considering Pyukumuku doesn't learn Recover and the damage taken during Rest is usually pretty minimal. Rest also allows you to remove your own status conditions, removing the threat of Toxic.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Breloom is a pretty mediocre Mon on its own, but with this set it becomes a threat against many others. Spore allows you to set up a Substitute, and the Substitute allows you to set up a Focus Punch, since it fails if you take damage. Seed Bomb provides some STAB coverage, and Toxic Orb + Poison Heal recovers Sub damage. The issue with this, however, is actually setting up. Grass types and anything with Insomnia are immune, or if your Sub gets one-shot. If that's the case, you aren't able to get off Focus Punch.

Unfezant @ Razor Claw
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Sky Attack
- Substitute
- Roost

Unfezant isn't particularly what I'm looking for, but I was out of ideas other than maybe a ParaFlinch Jirachi. Anyways, this revolves solely around crit. Obviously Razor Claw + Super Luck for boosted crit chance, Night Slash for high crit base, and Sky Attack for high crit base as well as being a powerful STAB. Substitute is used for damage prevention, while Roost allows for recovering Substitute damage as well as outside sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)