Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Moonlight
- Strength Sap

Hey, I'm hoping to use this defensive core in a potential Balanced team. Using Blastoise as a physical wall and Vileplume as a special wall, the core uses both pokemons' abilities to stay on the field for Poison spread and other potential statuses. Blastoise would be the primary hazard control while Vileplume can allow Blast to have a safer switch in with Strength Sap.

Hello guys! I wan't a team built around the Sigilyph + Zangoose core.
The set below are the set's i like best in these pokemons, but I'm open to different ideias!

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic / Icebeam
- Heat Wave

I like this set because sigilyph has enough power and speed to skip choice items and to go life orb to trick a choice-item set.
Air Slash hits almost everything and heat wave checks the rest. Heat wave is excellent to catch some steel types switch-ins and heliolisk switch-in.
Dazzling Gleam counters dark types that expect the cosmic power+stored power set (and one-shots Scrafty). Psychic and ice beam depends on the rest of the team

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

This is a standard toxic boost set.

Have fun! ;)

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Refresh

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Moonlight
- Strength Sap

Hey, I'm hoping to use this defensive core in a potential Balanced team. Using Blastoise as a physical wall and Vileplume as a special wall, the core uses both pokemons' abilities to stay on the field for Poison spread and other potential statuses. Blastoise would be the primary hazard control while Vileplume can allow Blast to have a safer switch in with Strength Sap.

Hey! I started with the defensive core you suggested. I added a wallbreaker in Magmortar and a reliable rocker that acts as a normal/flying resist and as the resident Incineroar check while also getting up Stealth Rock vs Xatu. Passimian was added as speed control. Rotom formes a Volt-Turn core with Passimian which helps Magmortar come in and it gives the team another form of hazard removal. I hope you enjoy

notes:
  • the Vileplume is Moonblast to answer Scrafty, Strength Sap, Sleep Powder, Growth and Stun Spore are all valid options.
  • Blastoise outspeeds max speed Incineroar. I dont think the additional phyiscal bulk is all that helpful and it gives you another way out vs Incin. Ice Beam can be ran over refresh since you dont have a proper dragon resist and need some Exeggutor countermeasure.
  • The Rhydon spread is the one from the analysis. It lives a Specs Guzzlord Draco and a +2 Tectonic Rage from Incin

Last edited:
View attachment 165263

Hey! I started with the defensive core you suggested. I added a wallbreaker in Magmortar and a reliable rocker that acts as a normal/flying resist and as the resident Incineroar check while also getting up Stealth Rock vs Xatu. Passimian was added as speed control. Rotom formes a Volt-Turn core with Passimian which helps Magmortar come in and it gives the team another form of hazard removal. I hope you enjoy

notes:
  • the Vileplume is Moonblast to answer Scrafty, Strength Sap, Sleep Powder, Growth and Stun Spore are all valid options.
  • Blastoise outspeeds max speed Incineroar. I dont think the additional phyiscal bulk is all that helpful and it gives you another way out vs Incin. Ice Beam can be ran over refresh since you dont have a proper dragon resist and need some Exeggutor countermeasure.
  • The Rhydon spread is the one from the analysis. It lives a Specs Guzzlord Draco and a +2 Tectonic Rage from Incin
Hey... thanks for the build but... for some reason I can't view it and export it to my showdown. I'm not sure if it's something on my end, so I'm letting you know in case something went wrong when posting

Poliwrath @ Leftovers / Normalium Z / Icium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Toxic
- Protect / Haze

Hello there,
as I was searching for a good Incineroar check I stumbled across Poliwrath.
And the more I looked into it and the current metagame I was seeing that it could also check other threats.
With Water Absorb, Toxic and Refresh it does well against almost any bulky water or wall in general and with max Def investment it's also checking things like Incineroar, Aerodactyl, Steelix and Sneasel. Haze is to check Set-Up Incineroar better and Protect to check Non-Psychic, Future Sight Slowbro and Slowking. The Z-Crystals are giving you a one time semi-rest while Leftovers are there to give Poliwrath residual recovery.
Things it doesn't do well against are Heliolisk, Braviary and the potent grassmons like Vileplume, Sceptile and Torterra.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers / Normalium Z / Icium Z
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Toxic
- Protect / Haze

Hello there,
as I was searching for a good Incineroar check I stumbled across Poliwrath.
And the more I looked into it and the current metagame I was seeing that it could also check other threats.
With Water Absorb, Toxic and Refresh it does well against almost any bulky water or wall in general and with max Def investment it's also checking things like Incineroar, Aerodactyl, Steelix and Sneasel. Haze is to check Set-Up Incineroar better and Protect to check Non-Psychic, Future Sight Slowbro and Slowking. The Z-Crystals are giving you a one time semi-rest while Leftovers are there to give Poliwrath residual recovery.
Things it doesn't do well against are Heliolisk, Braviary and the potent grassmons like Vileplume, Sceptile and Torterra.
sorry, you're not gonna be allowed to have a poliwrath team, its not ranked on the vr and doesn't really have enough of a niche. you can request something else if u want

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
I really liked the outcome of my last post, so I'd like to see someone else's take on a pokemon I think has a lot of promise in this meta.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch/Recover
- Bullet Punch/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

With the absence of Slowbro, Medicham becomes a lot more threatening of course. I've tested it out in a few games with a fairly memey team and the amount of work Medi was putting in was remarkable. HJK and Zen Headbutt are staples, the other moves are up to you. BP is nice for late game scenarios, while Tpunch hits Slowking and Ice Punch hits Palossand

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello guys! I wan't a team built around the Sigilyph + Zangoose core.
The set below are the set's i like best in these pokemons, but I'm open to different ideias!

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic / Icebeam
- Heat Wave

I like this set because sigilyph has enough power and speed to skip choice items and to go life orb to trick a choice-item set.
Air Slash hits almost everything and heat wave checks the rest. Heat wave is excellent to catch some steel types switch-ins and heliolisk switch-in.
Dazzling Gleam counters dark types that expect the cosmic power+stored power set (and one-shots Scrafty). Psychic and ice beam depends on the rest of the team

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

This is a standard toxic boost set.

Have fun! ;)
Yo, sorry for the wait.

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Heat Wave

Incineroar @ Firium Z / Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Druddigon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower / Ice Beam
- Defog
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Basically, when I saw Sigil + Zangoose I decided I wanted to build some paraspam offense, as well, there's not much that can take on the two if the entire team is paralyzed. Except Rotom and Togedemaru, which is where SD Fire-Z Incineroar comes in, letting the team easily, and efficiently just run through stuff. I am not 100% sure on the exact incin set, as Ground-Z also has a ton of merit, letting you annoy rhydon more, but Fire-Z lets you straight up remove Pass on a good predict. As for the rocker, I went with drudd, as Taunt + SR means you can often get up your own rocks, while easily denying your opponent's (ty mold breaker). Glare also really helps out the first half of the team. I went Silvally-Steel next, as it lets me compress a ton of stuff into one slot, and provides an additional vector for Para spam. Finally, Whimsicott is the team's main way of stopping sweepers, outrunning the tier's main dark type speed booster (aka scrafty), and having a good chance to just para everything else. The team has a few issues with Sub-Bu brav, but you can generally deny it any chance to set up with good play, and with Passimian if you don't manage to knock or para it.

Last edited:
Hello, guys.
Can you help me build a balanced team around CB Pangoro and Life Orb Sceptile?

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

Thank y'all!!! You are the great audience))

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

I'd like to very specifically request that either quziel, Kiyo, banks, or Hootie builds this team for me. Any one else is fine I guess as long as it isn't rozes. The rationale here is that its supposed to OHKO Delphox with Sucker Punch but it doesn't actually do that, you need some prior chip. I put Fire Punch because my team was weak to Plume but if you find a different move better in that slot feel free. The Speed is for Base 50s.

Hello, NU Lab! Sorry to add another request to the plate, I know how busy it can get. Anyways, I'm still relatively bad new to NU, so I can't quite build for the tier myself yet. That being said, I would like to request a team around:

I can't remember the exact set, but I used a Hone Claws Flyinium Aerodactyl during NU majors, and I had alot of fun using it. I would like, if possible, to get a Bulky Offensive or Balance, although it doesn't seem like a balance mon, around the set if possible. Banded is fine too, if Hone Claws isn't viable. Thanks and good luck!

What's up everyone?:]
I don't know how niche Trick Room might be in the current meta (F for Uxie), but I would love to try it out nonetheless.
I was looking for a TR Balance/Offense team around this bad boy:

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

Big shoutouts to my friend Draken-Rox for the awesome Rhydon drawing. Her FB page (where she's more active) is this one.
On a side note: I would like also not to have Cofagrigus
on this team, since I would like to use it on the long-term and no one knows if it will return to NU. However, if it stays, I can edit the team a bit to add this bad boy (since it's amazing w/ Trick Room)
(EDIT: Nvm it stayed in NUBL)

Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! Recently I was playing in the Showdown, and became interested in NU teams. I've tried many times, but couldn't build a team that I liked the performace. So I discovered this thread, and wanted a help of experienced NU players. Was thinking in a team based around this pokémon:

Delphox @ Firium Z
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252 SpA/4HP/252 Spe
Timid Nature

– Fire Blast
– Psychic
– Grass Knot
– Dazzling Gleam

Can anyone help me?

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi I Need A Team With

Minior-Violet @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash

Medicham @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Prefer Hypper offense

Requesting a team built around this core.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

M-Abomasnow in my opinion is quite underrated since it actually has surprisingly limited counter play while behind a substitute. Anyway M-Abomasnow wallbreaks and is able to switch into most of Heliolisk's moves relatively comfortably and force it out. It also puts immense pressure on grass types.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Vaporeon resists Fire and Steel making it great sponge for these attacks. It also gives M-Abomasnow some nice cleric support.

These 2 have amazing synergy so I hope you have fun building with them. :)

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Requesting a team built around this core.

View attachment 190915
Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

M-Abomasnow in my opinion is quite underrated since it actually has surprisingly limited counter play while behind a substitute. Anyway M-Abomasnow wallbreaks and is able to switch into most of Heliolisk's moves relatively comfortably and force it out. It also puts immense pressure on grass types.

View attachment 190916
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Vaporeon resists Fire and Steel making it great sponge for these attacks. It also gives M-Abomasnow some nice cleric support.

These 2 have amazing synergy so I hope you have fun building with them. :)
Hey buddy, I decided to try to build a team around these 2 mons for quite a while, and now you gave me a reason to do it.

(click the mons for the team)

The team started out with the core you wanted, this being Mega Abamosnow and Vaporeon. I decided to change a little bit the sets, making Vaporeon faster then Incineroar while maximizing the defense, this lets it check Z variants of Incineroar much better since Scald is able to OHKO Incineroar after a bit of chip. I switched Focus Blast to Protect on Mega Abomasnow since it lets it scout Choice Locked mons such as Passimian and Aerodactyl while whittling opposing pokemon with Hail. Passimian provides another check to Incineroar while also providing speed control to the team and momentum for Mega Abomasnow. Rhydon offers the team Stealth Rocks while also giving another check to Incineroar, an electric immunity and a Normal-Type resist. Rotom provides another Normal check, while also being able to deal with most of the Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes users such as Steelix, Weezing and Garbodor, that could otherwise be a pain to face. Colbur Rotom paired with Wish Support from Vaporeon offers a great way to deal with Fighting-type pokemon like Passimian and Medicham. Finally, Magmortar provides the team another breaker that can deal with stall and also deal with Comfey, that could get obnoxious to face.

It was a fun team to build and I hope you manage to enjoy it!

Hi I Need A Team With

Minior-Violet @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash

Medicham @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Prefer Hypper offense

Before I begin, Minior-Medicham HO is physically impossible to make. Both give almost 0 defensive utility, most of the time that does not really matter on hyper offense but because both mons don't break through everything in the meta if they get a hit off you'll lose to most things in the metagame. That said I changed Minior with another Shell Smasher that gives you a little defensive utility and ability to sweep teams way easier than Minior would.

The team started with Gorebyss + Medicham which gave this team a sweeper and wallbreaker right off the bat. Gorebyss has to ability to abuse people who run bulky Water-types like Blastoise and Vaporeon, Gorebyss can easily set up on them and break through the teams that dont have a solid answer to it. Medicham doesn't need an explanation, it's one of the best wallbreakers in the tier what helps HO a lot. A pokemon that wins almost instantly vs HO which is Comfey, Comfey just needs one Calm Mind up to 6-0 HO instantly. This is why Garbodor is put on the team, with Garbodor the team has a Comfey check, a Toxic Spikes absorber and gets Spikes so Medicham can break through teams easier. Electrode is added next, I wanted something that can put up both Screens and has access to Taunt. Electrode does that job nicely, there is nothing faster in this tier than electrode. Therefore the spread does not even have to be 252 Spe, 216+ it already outspeeds everything in the metagame (which is Accelgor) Volt Switch you have some utility too which is nice. A HO team isn't a HO team without any sort of Braviary, I needed a Scarfer on the team and Braviary provided me the Defiant you want from Braviary and gives the team a Scarfer what was needed. Last was tough, the team could be a suicide lead like Lycanroc or Aerodactyl but I felt this team does not keep their rocks on the team well enough to use a suicide lead. There isn't a Ghost type on the team so Blastoise or Dhelmise can spin pretty freely. Piloswine gives the team an electric immunity which is always nice and work well vs most defoggers and Dhelmise can't spin freely on it. This isn't by any means a standard HO like in other teams, but I feel this works well enough to do decently in this metagame.

Here are 2 replays to show how the team works: (it also shows how Gorebyss is a better Shell Smasher than Minior)

I hope you enjoy it!

Hello, I do not play NU very often but I started getting back into it once the Pangoro drop was announced. Now, I am asking you to build an offense team around SD Pangoro.

Pangoro @ Chople Berry / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
I prefer SD Panda to the Banded counterpart due to how it requires less prediction and can retaliate successfully against Passimian thanks to Chople Berry, letting it KO it with a +2 Drain Punch.
Every time I have built around this, my teams always ended up super weak to Fairies, so hopefully you can create a good team for me that can ward 'em off successfully.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello, I do not play NU very often but I started getting back into it once the Pangoro drop was announced. Now, I am asking you to build an offense team around SD Pangoro.

Pangoro @ Chople Berry / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
I prefer SD Panda to the Banded counterpart due to how it requires less prediction and can retaliate successfully against Passimian thanks to Chople Berry, letting it KO it with a +2 Drain Punch.
Every time I have built around this, my teams always ended up super weak to Fairies, so hopefully you can create a good team for me that can ward 'em off successfully.

Pangoro @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Dhelmise @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 156 HP / 200 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Synthesis

Aerodactyl @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Had this sitting around, and it fulfilled yer request so here it is. SD Goro is a very efficient breaker, and definitely one of the scariest mons to face in NU. Its ability to destroy Passimian, break basically every single wall in the tier (especially water types), and clean if needed is generally very useful atm. I decided to pair it with Scarf Delphox, which heavily appreciates it wearing down bulky waters, potentially weakening Aerodactyl, and takes on the Fairy- and Poison-types that goro hates. Aero is another mon here meant to pressure offense, and if Goro ever kills Pass, it is literally the fastest mon in the game. This is then supported by a simple defensive core of Steelix + Slowking + Dhelmise, which take on Fairies for Goro, set rocks, remove them, and then Slowking is just generally good at everything.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Requesting a team with choice band Aerodactyl. The more offensive the better.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

I had this sitting in my teambuilder and never had the chance to really try it out. The team was built around metronome Vikavolt, pokemon that is a huge threat to most defensive cores of this metagame and completely destroys stall. Dhelmise provides a great offensive spinner to the team, since z steel can OHKO pretty much anything that doesnt resist it. Aero provides a soft Incineroar check, a decent wallbreaker, and a way of trapping rotom, if that mons gets a bit to annoying. Steelix is the rocker of the team, while also providing a Comfey check and a way to deal with Braviary. Magmortar provides another breaker and Comfey check, Protect lets it scout moves that choice locked pokemon might want to go for, which is really nice. Finally Passimian provides another Incineroar check and speed control.

Hope this is offensive enough, and I hope you enjoy it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)