NU Sweet Potato Award for Great Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome NU posters!

The moderation staff have decided that it's high time some incentive for posting in this fine forum was brought back. We want to recognise all of our excellent posters, and the constant efforts they put into our forum. As such, we are introducing the (Swett) Poster of the Arbitrary Time Period (SPotATp or Swett Potato) award! The posting periods will be flexible, and we anticipate them to be around one to two weeks. If you win this award, your name will be featured in this thread as well as the NU Hall of Fame for all to see, along with links to several of your #winning posts. Winning this award multiple times can lead to some other future awards, and maybe even some pretty pixels in your postbit.

What defines a good poster, you may ask? Well, I'll try to break down a list of criteria. Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive, but it should give you a good idea on how to succeed:

• Make quality posts. Overall, your posts should be worth reading. Readers of your posts will gain insight about the topic at hand or the metagame in general. You participate in projects and help out in the Simple Questions / Answers thread. Your posts are coherent and to the point. Your posts are mature. I'm not saying you're a statue and you have to be stoic, but there is a place for humor. You know how to use it in moderation.
  • Know and follow the rules. You don't create new threads just to ask a question. You don't flame other users or act like an idiot. You don't whine about banning / unbanning stuff. You check to see if a thread about (insert Pokemon/Item/Move/whatever) has not already been made or is not already active. You don't necro bump posts.
  • Keep out of trouble. You don't have any active infractions.
If you can follow these simple rules and use your common sense, you are already on your way to being a SWETT Potato!

NixHex is cool and prodded us into doing this, and should also be given credit for parts of this post!

definitely stole this from dongo

Skylight said to revive it so why not? Make great posts and get added to both this thread and the NU hub!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have our first potato! @Lasagne21 has been a very active poster all over the place this week. He was a great contributor to the Viability Rankings thread, Theorymon thread, as well as hosting his own projects! He is truly a great poster, I hope you keep it up!

An honourable mention goes to @Othesemo, who also made many great posts this week, but lacked the sheer quantity that Las had. Great job Othesemo!

had 2 weeks of really low activity on the forums, and no one really stood out to me (also johned). But I've decided to give this weeks potato to AlexArthur. He has been a great poster around NU since he registered, and he's a cool guy :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)