Gen 3 NU RMT WOOHOO!

I have been playing theorymon with myself for a while since my laptop broken, so I decided to post this RMT, my first ever. I wonder if anyone even plays nu anymore...

Pidgeot- Choice Band
Adamant
Keen Eye
4hp/252Atk/252Spe
Double Edge
HP Flying
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

I decided to not even use hidden power ground because steel wing hits Sudowoodo super effective and Pidgeot really has no business staying in on Relicanth. It also let me use ZHP Flying because Aerial Ace/Air Cutter sucks and does less to almost everything than Double Edge. It's also my lead.

Flareon-Leftovers
Mild
Flash Fire
252Atk/252SpA/4Spe
Fire Blast
HP Grass
Double Edge
Quick Attack

As you can tell, I'm lost on the Ev's because I don't know what to make it outspeed. It serves as a special sweeper. HP grass is for coverage and Double Edge is for what fire+grass can't hit.

Sudowoodo-Choice Band
Adamant
Rock Head
252 hp/252Atk/4Spe
Focus Punch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Double Edge

Yes, I know. I have 2 choice banders, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing. There isn't much than can take a strong hit in nu. This switches into CB not very effective attacks and throws a choice banded focus punch there way. It is also kind of like a physical wall I guess.

Chimecho-Leftovers
Calm
Levitate
196 hp/252 Def/60SpD
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Psychic

This provides wish support for the moderately bulky pokemon on my team and doubles as a tank of sorts that can stall.

Wailord-Leftovers
Brave
Water Veil
4hp/252Atk/252Def
Curse
Earthquake
HP Flying
Hydro Pump

This would probably come in as a late game sweeper when any special threats are gone, mainly plusle. EQ+HP Flying is for coverage and hydro pump hits the nu walls if you can call them that.

Girafarig-Lum Berry
Timid
Early Bird
4hp/252SpA/252Spe
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt
HP Fire

Is my main special sweeper. HP Fire is just a filler because I can't think of anything better. Maybe Wish?

If any of you are wondering, I posted this at the publis library, and my time limit runs out in 1 minute. Lol. I'll probably just use my little brothers library card anyway. Umm...Rate Away!?

I would say try Whiscash over Wailord as currently, you have no answer for Relicanth. I'd say go with a Stalk set but that kind of conflicts with this all out offense thing you kind of have going here.

I have been playing theorymon with myself for a while since my laptop broken, so I decided to post this RMT, my first ever. I wonder if anyone even plays nu anymore...

I Play NU sometimes :).

Pidgeot- Choice Band
Adamant
Keen Eye
4hp/252Atk/252Spe
Double Edge
HP Flying
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

I decided to not even use hidden power ground because steel wing hits Sudowoodo super effective and Pidgeot really has no business staying in on Relicanth. It also let me use ZHP Flying because Aerial Ace/Air Cutter sucks and does less to almost everything than Double Edge. It's also my lead.

Most standard teams with Pidgeot carry an SDer which makes it important to carry HP ground to be able to take care of relicanth but since you arent setting up with this then that build is fine. Consider Jolly to outrun some pokemon like Venomoth.

Flareon-Leftovers
Mild
Flash Fire
252Atk/252SpA/4Spe
Fire Blast
HP Grass
Double Edge
Quick Attack

As you can tell, I'm lost on the Ev's because I don't know what to make it outspeed. It serves as a special sweeper. HP grass is for coverage and Double Edge is for what fire+grass can't hit.

Im Going to start by saying, this isnt NU as well as it shouldnt be its stats are a LITTLE too good for NU but enough to make it too good. Smogon is the accepted site for tiers usually. If you want a mixed attacker i suggest Sleep talking relicanth, Torkoal if you want fire, or Whiscash if you like. Without Heal bell i recommend a sleep talker here.

Sudowoodo-Choice Band
Adamant
Rock Head
252 hp/252Atk/4Spe
Focus Punch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Double Edge

Yes, I know. I have 2 choice banders, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing. There isn't much than can take a strong hit in nu. This switches into CB not very effective attacks and throws a choice banded focus punch their way. It is also kind of like a physical wall I guess.

It does wall well even with CB, but im not sure how good an idea it is to have another Choice Band on this team, it will allow your opponent to set up their various pokemon, which could be plusle which really hurts your team. You could use Leftovers, or if you dont use Relicanth over Flareon and use torkoal you can use rest talking Relicanth here. Although it could work as it is.

Chimecho-Leftovers
Calm
Levitate
196 hp/252 Def/60SpD
Wish
Protect
Toxic
Psychic

This provides wish support for the moderately bulky pokemon on my team and doubles as a tank of sorts that can stall.

Meh. Works, but you may want to change it into more of a special wall with LS/Wish/Psychic/toxic(or protect) as your team is fairly weak to Plusle and other special sweepers. Out of Curiosity what mod does Chimecho learn wish in?

Wailord-Leftovers
Brave
Water Veil
4hp/252Atk/252Def
Curse
Earthquake
HP Flying
Hydro Pump

This would probably come in as a late game sweeper when any special threats are gone, mainly plusle. EQ+HP Flying is for coverage and hydro pump hits the nu walls if you can call them that.

Interesting. It can work but you need to be careful and put this in on Walling/weaker pokemon, his hp is huge but it drops like a brick.

Girafarig-Lum Berry
Timid
Early Bird
4hp/252SpA/252Spe
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt
HP Fire

Is my main special sweeper. HP Fire is just a filler because I can't think of anything better. Maybe Wish?

I hate seeing this pokemon, it can destroy some NU teams and imo should be UU, but its NU. You could (if you wanted) put BP/Sub over HP fire.

If any of you are wondering, I posted this at the publis library, and my time limit runs out in 1 minute. Lol. I'll probably just use my little brothers library card anyway. Umm...Rate Away!?
Huge Special weak and weak to reversal once pidgeot falls eventually from double edge....you could use return to stop that if you wanted but you lose a needed punch. Mainly Get rid of Flareon Asap and put something in that slot that may help and ill see what can happen from there :D

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cool people use HP Grass Pidgeot. I bullshit you not. 4x strong against Relicanth, as well as Whiscash for a side bonus. Also does about the same damage (give or take) as HP Ground/Fighting vs Sudowoodo.

i use hp grass on crawdaunt :D. The only thing against HP grass is he loses HP flying, on the other hand Double-edge/return is a safer bet to do damage. And Also....Mawile walls that and can SD.

@HeYsUp- O s**t, you're right. It doesn't get wish in adv. I guess I can replace it with Light Screen and give Flareon wish over quick attack for switches it's bound to make. It also helps me get rid of the plusle weakness some.
If reversalers are as common as you are making them sound even if there are only 2, I can keep quick attack.(And there is basically 1 reversal since the rat outclasses Furret in almost every way.)

Running jolly is a good idea, I din't think about Venomoth. I'll think about using return over Double-Edge but I think I would be losing a lot of power. Also, I used Girafarig because I couldn't find a special sweeper besides plusle, and I can't use plusle because that would give me 3 ground weaknesses, unless I change the team around a good bit. Besides it's name is almost like refrigerator. Girafarigerator maybe?
I could possibly fit in trapinch to trap them and use QA, and ev it to be able to take an unboosted hidden power for plusle.

Like I said, my computer is broken for the moment, and I normally don't see things like that until I test the team.

@Umby: OK... I guess I'll test it when I get a new computer and see if it works for me.

@Falkner12- Girafirig kills it with t-bolt or at least drastically weakens it. Also, if some Relicanths run speed I can give some to Flareon to outspeed and kill with HP Grass.

I would say more, but I feel pretty sick today.

I would suggest Earthquake over HP Fire on Girafarig, HP fire is pretty redundant. The only pokemon you seem to be countering with that is Bellossom, which you can probably hurt it enough with SpD chance lowering with Psychic.

Erm, try running a subset on Sudowoodo with Leftovers, it would probably support you better as a wall.

Chimecho set is kinda iffy, I would suggest a Rest Talk Chimecho; Rest/Sleep Talk/Psychic/Toxic or Hidden Power Electric, then you can absorb a sleep powder and defeat Bellossom instead of trying to rid it with Girafarig, makes more sense.

I would have to agree with another move thinking further about it. The only pokemon you counter is Sunflora. Not bellosom because bellosom is UU. Id suggest substitute or even Crunch to deal with Annoying chimecho Special walls.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Silly Smogon UU/NU tiers. :(

You might try to add some Electric buffer to your team, so Plusle doesn't rip through things so easily. Maybe Whiscash over Wailord or Piloswine somewhere. Keckleon could also work over Girafarig, I believe.

Well the smogon tiers make more sense then uu stadium does. Hariyama is has near 500 hp with average defense, think fat, and a big attack. How is that UU?

Anyway, You should be careful when using whiscash or piloswine to stop plusle and others, 75% of them will have HP grass.

You could put kecleon or whiscash over flareon. Piloswine has bad defensive NU typing since there are so many grass/sunny beamers.

Hell, even trapinch can get rid of Plusle.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well Hariyama is the only thing on UUSF tier list that doesn't make sense IMO. After that I believe Flareon and Tangela are NU.

Ugh, I was thinking UUSF NU tiers too Umby, haha.

I don't think he has a huge problem with Plusle or of that nature with my suggestions above because he has Flareon, though he certainly could use some SpD ev's in it. Whiscash over Wailord is a bad idea as x4 grass weak is not what he needs lol.

Well Tangela yes should be nu, Flareon is barely too good for nu. Flareons stats are too high, and even if you dont consider that, you have the incredibly powerful Fire stab in NU.

Im talking about W/O flareon Serenity.

EQ on Girafarig wouldnt really help TBH, IMO sub/crunch/BP work better.

I don't think he has a huge problem with Plusle or of that nature with my suggestions above because he has Flareon, though he certainly could use some SpD ev's in it. Whiscash over Wailord is a bad idea as x4 grass weak is not what he needs lol.
I mean, I only see one other grass weak, and that's Sudowoodo who won't be taking special hits anyway. I think he can afford a x4 grass weak if it means being able to take hits from Relicanth and stopping BP Plusle.

You could just put kecleon over Flareon, even make it Mixed if you want. It can hit hard AND get rid of plusle.

Well Tangela yes should be nu, Flareon is barely too good for nu. Flareons stats are too high, and even if you dont consider that, you have the incredibly powerful Fire stab in NU.
The fact that flareon's stats are high isnt the reason it is in NU, the fact that it cant really use its high attack stat would put it in UU, but the fact that it has less than mediocre SAtk makes it NU to me. Plus with all the water/ rock types in NU means it is still suppose to be there.

if it was Slow(for nu) and had average spD, and average SPA then it would be as good as crawdaunt. but it is Sort of Fast for NU, and its SPA is high in itself, as well has having a crazy physical attack stat, its Defense is sub par but thats it. the water types cant usually touch it with its high spD and hp grass/return anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)