Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Raseri
Favourite Pokemon: Musharna
Most used Pokemon: Tauros
Most known for: being nu tier leader, being a musharna fanboy, being top 1 NU
Shadestep: Hi there, raseri! First off, where does your name come from?
raseri: It is the norwegian word for rage. I first started using it when I was 12 and chatting on irc with the runescape clan I was in. My friend had a really cool irc name that i cant remember, but I know I wanted one too. So I started translating random edgy words into random languages until I found one I liked, that being Raseri.

Shadestep: You have been on Smogon for almost 10 years now. That’s insanely long. Do you ever feel like any of the time you spend working on this site is wasted time, or feels like a chore?
raseri: Wasted time? No. Sometimes Smogon does feel like a chore when I deal with the same thing for the 1000th time, but Smogon is really important to me, as is the competitive Pokemon scene as a whole. When I do start feeling tired of it all, I just step back and lead things from behind the scenes for awhile.

Shadestep: How did you find out about Smogon and competitive Pokemon?
raseri: Back in 2007 I wanted to beat the battle frontier in Emerald and through my random googling I found Smogon Analyses for different Pokemon. I read all of them and eventually found Shoddy Battle and started playing DP OU there (Garchomp was still legal!!)

Shadestep: Since you’ve been around since 2008, have you been active on Smogon for all those 8 years? Have you ever taken a break?
raseri: In 2007 and 2008 the only things I posted in was CAP Voting threads, but when 2009 rolled around I started joining a few tournaments and posting in the LC subforum occasionally. I have always been around since then, but it wasnt until late 2011/early 2012 when BW NU first came to be that I started posting a lot. Since then there have been a few times where I've gone very inactive for a month or two due to irl stuff, but I've always come back.

Shadestep: Seeing as you have been NUTL for about 3 years now, you have worked with a lot of different people. Have you ever had trouble with certain people on the council which you had a hard time coming to an agreement with?
raseri: Yeah of course, there are people I have a hard time agreeing with all over NU, but I still respect their opinions as long as they can be professional about their own. The problem members are the ones who don't speak up when needed, or just try and start fights.

Shadestep: You are known as one of the nicest and easy-to-talk-to Leaders on PS and Smogon. Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing, in your position?
raseri: I think it is a very good thing, it allows me to connect with contributors on a more personal level. I want people in NU to feel comfortable coming to me when there is a problem they don't know how to handle, or they just need a bit of support.

Shadestep: If you would decide to quit one day (please don’t) and Kiyo would have to lead the tier on his own, do you think he would be able to?
raseri: I do trust Kiyo to lead the tier on his own, once he familiarizes himself with how to do things I think he could do a great job :) Kiyo is a cool guy now that he doesnt BabyRage everywhere

Shadestep: Do you enjoy all the responsibilities and ‘power’ you have on Smogon, or does it get tiring from time to time?
raseri: Yea I enjoy being in the position I am. In the position I am I can try to change things on a more fundamental level if there is an issue. It does get tiring sometimes, and occasionally I do sit out from discussing important things because I am just too drained to contribute.

Shadestep: What is the thing you enjoy doing most on Smogon?
raseri: Right now the thing I enjoy most is just casually playing games with my friends, but the thing I enjoy most often changes every so often. I used to ladder a lot, play in a lot of tournaments, write stuff for c&c, and I enjoyed all of that. But right now I mainly enjoy using weird sets and trying to beat NU regulars with it :)

Shadestep: What is your favourite NU metagame?
raseri: ORAS NU post Gallade / Sneasel ban was my favourite

Shadestep: What do you think of the current NU meta? Do you think it’s balanced, or is there anything potentiall broken in your eyes?
raseri: I think the meta is pretty balanced right now, the only thing that I think could be a problem is something to do with Combusken/Xatu. We are discussing what to do about them right now :OOOOOOO

Shadestep: What are some fun underrated NU Pokemon / sets in your opinion?
raseri: Offensive Gastrodon is a lot of cool. I also mess people up with Scarf Aggron but i dont think its actually good. Also Pivot Mushy and Mush with more SpDef is cool too :)

Shadestep: You also have a YouTube channel. Why won’t you upload more often? D: Take notes from Kiyo!
raseri: It just felt like a chore. If I do start uploading again it won't be primarily Pokemon content

Shadestep: Tell us a bit more about yourself. What kind of person are you? What are your hobbies / interests outside of Pokemon? Do you sport, do you have college?
raseri: irl I am a really reserved person, don't have too many friends, don't go out a whole lot. I have asperger's on top of a lot of other things, so I can be quite the oddity. Outside of Pokemon I play a bunch of random games that change a lot. I am also on a weight loss journey right now, 20 pounds lost so far :)

I was on the Curling team in High School which I was pretty good at. Not good enough to win against the top teams in the city, but we could give them a decent match.

I'm not currently in college right now, I left 2 years ago due to health problems, I tried to go back last September but ended up leaving due to mental health reasons, but I'm going back this September for attempt #3!!

Shadestep: What kind of music do you listen to?
raseri: honestly, a little bit of everything. Right now I'm listening to Brain Power cause it makes me laugh :)

Shadestep: What does a normal day in your life look life?
raseri: wake up, do morning stuff, mess around on internet for a bit. Go outside for a bit to stay active. Come back, play games for awhile, sleep.
Also look for jobs when there are new ones available

Shadestep: Lastly, do you have any advice for newer players that want to get into NU?
raseri: Just come by the NU room and start chatting, we are (mostly) friendly and can help you get started :)

Thanks for your time, ras! I hope you all enjoyed a little look in raseri's life. If you have any more questions or just want to post something funny xd, feel free to do so!

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Gimme some good anime to watch

how delicious are the tears of everyone bitching about bp?

also favorite meme mon in NU?

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why is ur signature mon something that loses to shedinja? have I taught you nothing.

would you re-test typhlosion if its usage dropped low enough?

do you think garbodor and togetic are actually gonna swap or do you think its not even gonna be close again?

favorite sandwich?

coffee, tea, or other? what kind is your favorite?

you rn

why is ur signature mon something that loses to shedinja? have I taught you nothing.
uhhh shadow ball toxic mush??????? sheddy cant handle the mush

would you re-test typhlosion if its usage dropped low enough?
i'd rather not retest it but if council really pushed it then yea we could

do you think garbodor and togetic are actually gonna swap or do you think its not even gonna be close again?
i hope not but it would shake things up :o

favorite sandwich?
Hot Dog.

yeah its a sandwich.
coffee, tea, or other? what kind is your favorite?
im definitely not a coffee person. I don't drink tea often, but I do like the oolong tea at this one place in chinatown where I live

i only drink water nowadays though cause other drinks = bad

Kiyo is a cool guy now that he doesnt BabyRage everywhere
FREE BabyRage XY BabyRage KIYO

favourite NU metagame of all time (gsc, adv, dpp, bw, xy, oras, some specific time in each)?

if you could change one thing about any NU mon to make it better / worse what would you do?

when are you coming out east?

typh isnt broken lol.

FREE BabyRage XY BabyRage KIYO

favourite NU metagame of all time (gsc, adv, dpp, bw, xy, oras, some specific time in each)?

if you could change one thing about any NU mon to make it better / worse what would you do?

when are you coming out east?

typh isnt broken lol.
fav nu is adv nu lc doubles

really though I think BW is my fav cause mush the best :)

I would give Musharna magic guard but not let RU take it. really though id like to give barbaracle and kingler waterfall

idk when im coming out east, pay for my trip and lodgings and we can talk :)

yea it was broken lol

rate me

what are you looking for most in what assume would be called "SNM OU"
4 (you dont get to know the denominator)

im most looking forward to it being SuMo OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)