NP: UU - Bye Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can see, none of these drops are all that likely to happen. Maybe Heracross... but lol how many times has it toed that usage range, only to wince back in fear?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Isn't Heracross just a slightly slower yet more bulky Hitmonlee? I can see how Heracross would be top of the tier Pokemon, but it has largely the same counters as Hitmonlee. Saying that, guts makes it that much harder to control, if you accidentally burn Heracross, not a lot is stopping it.
Slightly slower, bulkier, turns status against you with better boosting moves (SD) Hitmonlee with a fantastic secondary STAB to hit what counters Hitmonlee (Megahorn). Other than that, he's basically Hitmonlee, yeah!!

The only sure fire counter against Heracross is Weezing. Many Pokémon in UU that wall many things because of above average defenses get murdered by Heracross.

Adamant max attack Heracross with any boosting move at all 2HKOs all variants with either Megahorn or CC with SR up
252/252 Slowbro takes 72% - 85% from an unboosted Megahorn from the same max attack Heracross without a boosting item.
Max/Max Blastoise has a 95% chance of being 2HKOed by CC or Megahorn with SR if Heracross is holding the worst boosting item, Muscle Band.

Basically a Gallade with more bulk on the physical side, less Sp. Defensive bulk, (although his HP makes up for some of that) better secondary typing, and higher speed. And we all know how Gallade performed in UU a while ago...

I suppose if he doesn't get enough OU usage he will be tested in UU, although that is one metagame I will not enjoy too much =/

The only sure fire counter against Heracross is Weezing. Many Pokémon in UU that wall many things because of above average defenses get murdered by Heracross.
Adamant, Choice Band 252 ATK Heracross' Megahorn vs. 252 HP/252 Defense Bold Weezing: 29.6% - 35%

Weezing can switch in once, twice on some near min-min, rolls against Megahorn with Stealth Rocks up.

Fire Blast does 48.6% - 57.8%, which is a good shot at 2HKOing...if they leave Heracross in for this and Fire Blast hits. Flamethrower's 38.8% - 46.2% is unlikely to 2HKO.

Weezing is a check, not a counter.

The only surefire Heracross counters are:

Aerial Ace Gligar(Lolz, Gligar)
Calm Mind Rest Driftblim
Choice Scarf Heracross(Can come in on it's own Megahorn and KO nicely)

Of those, Gligar is useless except for countering Heracross, Driftblim has a ton of problems and Heracross is...itself.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
+3 Facade (Considering SD and Flame Orb) OHKOs Weezing after SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)