np: SV UU Stage 2 - Atomic Karate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Hey all! Scott here! As today is the first of the month, we've got some new shifts!

Espathra moved from UUBL to OU
Orthworm moved from UU to OU
Pelipper moved from UU to OU

Iron Hands moved from OU to UU
Pawmot moved from OU to UU
Torkoal moved from OU to UU

Losing the worm and the bird eliminates quite a lot of cheese strategies people had gripes with... and then we gained Torkoal for new ones! The Electric/Fighting duo makes its way to UU, one of them new and one a returning face. It'll be fun to see how they shake up the meta! And no, we're not quickbanning anything off the rip, don't ask >:( take a few days to play with the new guys!!

As always, lemme know how you feel about the new tier shifts! I love reading all your posts :D

UU lost the rain mon AND got the sun mon? It seems Punxsutawney Phil came a day too soon to announce early spring (it's funny because it's summer in my country and we're experiencing severe droughts).

Well, back to my cave it is.

I’m super excited for Iron Hands. It’s a little worrisome where Pawmot on the other hand, is meh. Torkoal means that we’ll just have Proto spam in UU too, and a tier where Scovillian is viable. I’ve been doing some Calcs and Iron Hands has potential to be broken, but it’s slow speed really holds it back

Fair enough. Also, Iron Hands being in UU might be enough to make Staraptor of all things unviable and eventually dropping to RU, or should I say RUBL because it might get banned almost right away by virtue of it's raw power

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hands might be UUBL in a couple of days I presume, but Torkoal will be fun to use in UU now.

It's time to pull out the hidden Leafeon tech again

On a more serious note, I wonder how good Sun will be. At a glance, Chlorophyll sweepers seem poorly positioned in the metagame with both Talonflame and Mence being common, and none of the Chlorophyll mons have a real way of hitting them.

Unless...

:sv/Scovillain:
Scovillain @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Fire / Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Growth
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball / Giga Drain
- Stomping Tantrum / Tera Blast

This set does seem theatening on paper, at least to me. You get Scovillain in on a mon that doesn't threaten it much, force a switch and then Tera Rock to blast the birds into the stratosphere. The main problem ofcourse is getting Scovillain in safely, because it's defenses are absolute paper and it's typing leaves it with a lot of weaknesses & neutralities.

Modest can be ran too, but Timid outspeeds Scarf Gengar, and +2 +Spe Cloyster & Polteageist

The protosynthesis mons seem really theatening though, Slither Wing was already really good, and Sandy Shocks can now run a Specs set with +Spe Proto boost

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

I feel like this mon is so underated, being able to spam CC, being able to have priority for mons such as mence, gyara, and poltea which is pretty valuable for a team, something slither wing cant really replicate (other than Revenging a poltea). Also 110 is pretty valuable esp in this tier where slither wing has to rely on their 1 turn first impression and is pretty slow esp while running adamant while lycanroc-d can pretty comftorably outspeed pokemon such as gyara, mence, gallade, tying with gengar, grafaiai, etc.

I think it would be worthless to unban Hydreigon or even Baxcalibur since Iron Hands can hit them super effectively with it's Fighting STAB

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
Oh boy, can't wait for rain to leave and immediately get replaced with another weather archetype! Real talk though, do we think sun is gonna have any merit? Protosynthesis mons that are already good in the meta do exist, and we have some unexplored abusers like Scovillain, Sawsbuck, and even Charizard. I think it could definitely be fun to toy around with.

Hands in UU is a crime buuut I'll have fun with it for now.

More surprised torkoal dropped but no orthworm or pelipper means sun can have some fun here. Should be interesting to see (and abuse banded FI slither wing under sun lol)

Oh boy, can't wait for rain to leave and immediately get replaced with another weather archetype! Real talk though, do we think sun is gonna have any merit? Protosynthesis mons that are already good in the meta do exist, and we have some unexplored abusers like Scovillain, Sawsbuck, and even Charizard. I think it could definitely be fun to toy around with.
sun doesnt have the best abusers... sure slither wing is an abuser, and sandy shocks is but its not gonna be as big as drizzle was with CB wave crash floatzel spamming its stabs to tear through UU. sandy shocks with a speed boost sure is strong but its not gonna be anywhere broken at least that is what i think

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
sun doesnt have the best abusers... sure slither wing is an abuser, and sandy shocks is but its not gonna be as big as drizzle was with CB wave crash floatzel spamming its stabs to tear through UU. sandy shocks with a speed boost sure is strong but its not gonna be anywhere broken at least that is what i think
Yeah, I agree, looking at it more I think the only thing Sun as an archetype can really do is enable the cavemen. Unfortunate, but also kinda happy we aren't gonna get Rain 2 any time soon. At least Morning Sun and Synthesis are good now!

1675289374045.png

Also, this is fucking ridiculous. Specs Gengar doesn't one tap Iron Hands with a super effective hit. This wasn't even Assault Vest. I do not like this fucker. Not at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)