Metagame np: SS DOU Stage 9: Heaven Is A Place On Earth | Landorus-I Remains DOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I’ve been knocked out of the dynamax dou tour, and I decided I’d wait and see if it changed any of my prior beliefs before posting my thoughts on dynamax.

Firstly I’m always in favor of suspecting something that has enough prominent voices calling for it, so I support a dynamax suspect.

However, I’d be voting to keep it banned. I understand that Dynamax is the defining mechanic of this generation, and that many choices Gamefreak made were assuming dynamax existing (the number of fake outs, for example). Despite all this, I’d vote ban because ultimately dynamax is a bad mechanic, and DOU is better off without it.

I think Dynamax is a bad mechanic because of the uncertainty it creates in every battle. At any point weather & terrain can be changed. A Pokémon that is seen as a check may suddenly not check that opposing mon, as their HP is doubled, stats are changed, and move power is increased. This all makes planning ahead extremely difficult, and planning in the builder even more so. Currently EV’ing a pokemon to live a specific hit is easy enough, but with all the stat changes and base power changes it becomes much more difficult. This is also not mentioning how teambuilding drastically changes, as teams lose coherency since things like meteor beam celesteela becomes much tougher for something like rain as it can dynamax and change the weather to sand at any point.

I get why we’d want to include this generation’s defining mechanic, but there is a reason basically every tier that has an option to ban dynamax has, and that’s because it’s a bad mechanic.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yo dou should either a) ban kyub or b) unban zamazenta because 1) most of the reasons kyub was unbanned in the first place are no longer applicable since it has DD and icicle spear and also 2) if kyub were to remain legal, then zamazenta should be suspect tested for dou legality since the initial reasons for allowing kyub to be legal now apply to zamazenta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)