Metagame np: PU Stage 8 - Bounce (New Drops Post #24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User 590774

Banned deucer.
Used all of the drops a fair bit and I'm overall extremely happy with this shift, here are my thoughts on all four new pokémons

guzzlord.png
Guzzlord is by far my favorite out of all drops, he compresses a check for so much garbage (Zard, Psychic types, Grass types, Water types, Poltergeist users besides Froslass, etc) and isn't difficult to fit unto teams in the slightest as it has four different and almost equally as good sets (Band/Specs/AV/RestTalk), despite being slow, it's bulk helps with the problem (think of it as Glastrier without the garbage typing in that regard), I don't think Guzzlord restricts teambuilding as most teams run a Fairy-Type to deal with Scrafty regardless, so in my opinion Guzzlord positive influence should far outweigh the negatives, I'm glad we have it now.

doublade.png
This thing kinda doubles down our problem of having poor removal since our spinblockers are considerably better than our spinners (For that reason I think Espeon deserves a retest but that's a topic for another day), despite being a Fake Steel-type, he's still probably our second best physical wall and a decent cleaner, not a lot of things resist Ghost so Shadow Sneak can clean up offense teams with minor effort, I think Doublade is a incredible asset for Balance and Bulky Offense builds and shouldn't be that unhealthy for the tier altogether, overall a good addition

araquanid.png
Mf nearly 6-0q me on ladder not even Specs Jelli hurts that much with a water move

Ahem, ignoring my skill issues, yeah Araq is strong and SubTox completely dismantles Stall but I think he's manageable, like the comments above mentioned he's extremely slow and we have enough splashable Rock-Types that can abuse it's poor DEF stat, I think Araquanid might force a water-resist in most teams but Jellicent already mandated that anyway, regardless if the council decides to suspect him, I wouldn't blame them despite thinking he's not broken, overall a very strong pokémon.

inteleon.png
You know how I just said that the only things that hold Araquanid back from being broken is his poor speed stat and a rock weakness? Well, Inteleon is equally as strong and has none of the issues mentioned above, also a pivoting move to top it off, not much more to say here, a quickban is probably the best way to handle this pokémon, it's just way too strong and fast.

Last edited:
here is my quick inteleon check:
:Poliwrath:
Poliwrath @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab

I was using this before to check Specs Jelli, but it also works on any Intelleon. It also also lures + kills zard and bee/whimsi, along with other danger threats. Dunno if it'll stay around but while you live in mortal fear of it try this bud out. Or the one below.

At best:
252 SpA Sniper Inteleon Air Slash vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Poliwrath on a critical hit: 261-309 (74.3 - 88%)
Yeah yeah they can flinch I know. But I like it, it works for me.
Pairing it with Jolteon further deters the Air Slash.

:Type-Null: Also works as an even better Intelleon check. Battle Armor makes you crit immune, and without crits that sets damage is negligible.
At best - 252 SpA Choice Specs Inteleon Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 130-154 (32.9 - 39%)

Kazeiyuu

formerly Be Like Bisharp
Guzzlord back in a tier where specs Jelli and Cuno-G are everywhere and absolutely broken, sounds like a huge game changer to me. Too much good resistances, excellent typing, even in a tier full of fairies, and insane coverage. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it : This mon is (literraly) a beast, and I'm glad it is back in the tier.
Doublade looks cool, I love this Poke, but damn is it gonna be annoying. Rapid Spin users are very rare these days, and Doublade handles all of them pretty easily. it's also a huge stop for offensive teams, which lake the bulk needed to handle a +2 Shadow Sneak from this monster. I wouldn't be surprised if this mon was suspect tested, or even quickbanned considering its potential.
Araquanid is cool and evreything, but poor bulk + no speed means that it is not that hard to handle, it also struggles against Water-resist such as Wishiwashi (underrated mon fr). This mon hits like a truck tho, especially w/ a choice band, so it can be dangerous for slower teams, but rock weakness is a huge downside for choice users. So this mon looks okay on the paper imo,
Inteleon... Strength + Speed + Pivot + Decent offensive typing + Good coverage options for the tier = Quickban asap please.

Araquanid: This would be good if sticky webs were actually good, but this can have a niche with Magic Coat. And mid physical defense with rock types running around. But this can be a decent mon.

Doublade: This has bad special bulk even with the fellow Eviolite and is slow, there's also Charizard.

Guzzlord: I'm actually really happy this glutton is back in PU! It has Sludge Bomb and Heavy Slam for fairies and threatens some top tier pokemon.

Inteleon: Can somebody please get the banhammer for this demon? Thanks.

Inteleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snipe Shot
- Ice Beam/ Air Slash
- Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
- U-turn
we have it the next Barraskewda

guzzlord.png
Well here he is, Great addition to the tier, been playing Av the most and been having a hard time figuring out the spread, was using my old uu spread for a while
Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost EVs: 140 Atk / 116 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
but as i played i struggled to see why guzzy needed any SpA at all, perhaps going for a more SpA v is better, to lazy to calc that tho.
Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
if any1 got a better spread pass that to me tyty.

araquanid.png
Seen alot of crying about this lil dude and i honestly dont see it, sure liq hurts but theres already so much water resists around i dont get it also
1656844565038.png
hits harder is bulkier and faster, and ive had a p hard time getting sub tox to work, i think its 100% fine imo.
252+ Atk Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Weezing: 66-78 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery

1656844929051.png
Whoooooooooooooooooo! yea no its great love it, solid perr check nice prio and solid bulk.

1656845040164.png
As i thought int isnt a 6-0ing killing machine as alot of ppl were calling it before it dropped, ive seen plenty of teams able to wall its specs set with ease, however the same teams would lose to criteleon or boots and vice versa. I dont think it actually warrants a QB but i really dont see a point in not doing it, if we take it to a test i think its going to get banned regardless, i would hate if the last months of ss were tests (people really seem to hate araq) id like the meta to develop a bit before we take action on any of the other drops imo.

yea thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)