Announcement np: High Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion

:rb/slowbro: :rb/zapdos:

And when I go
I wanna go out on a high note
I'm too young to worry now
I've got so much more to do
But when I run out of time
I wanna know I've seen it through, for when I go

After 15 months and two separate tenures, my time as RBY Moderator has come to a happy ending. As opposed to when I stepped down in March, this time I am at a great, but busy, place in my life. Between conducting research in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, finishing up my Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, and a lot of other fun and exciting things, I no longer have the time to dedicate in order to make this subforum great and would hate to be an inactive section leader.

I'm very proud of all my work since when I first got started the forum went live in June 2021. RBY OU is played at a very high level every SPL and Invitational with legends returning and new stars developing, as well as the most active discussion threads and extensive tournament archives. The forum's own resources, contributions, and structure are excellent and set the standard for the rest of Ruins of Alph. An upgraded tournament structure is coming in 2023 and lower tiers have hit peak activity. I am very happy to step away with all my goals being achieved.

I have a lot of people to thank, and of course it starts with Amaranth, the greatest competitive RBY OU contributor and one of my best friends. If I do say so myself, I think we made a pretty good team running the show and wouldn't want to shape RBY with anyone else. I hope you're happy with everything we've gotten done. Meet me in SPL.

I'd also like to thank Amaranth, BIHI, chuva de perereca, Excal, Hayburner, Heroic Troller, Lusch, Mako, marcoasd, Nails, Peasounay, Prinz, SaDiSTiCNarwhal, shiloh, spies, and everyone else I've ever discussed with, played with, or even just watched play RBY OU - I don't get to be a SPL Champion or even just stick around without you all :heart:

I'll still be around from time to time as a tournament player and perhaps contribute when it comes to SPL and Invitational, but it's time for someone else to be the face of RBY. To whomever that may be, I have one challenge for you - be the upgraded version of me.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
emma! Thanks so much for all you’ve done for this community over the years now. Really, the passion you’ve shown and hard work you’ve put in for this community is unrivaled and is much appreciated. It’s been an absolute privilege working alongside you as a mod, and I have you to thank for showing me the ropes in that regard and for RoA Leader as well. I’m a proud part of the “emma leadership tree” as you’ve called it in the past haha, and once again want to thank you for what you’ve done for me and the community.

so happy to hear you’re in a better place this time around, and know you’ll always have a home here. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)