Gen 3 Not your typical UU (RMT!)

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I've used this UU team to good effect over the past month and want to give it some good last life before I jump to Standard.

Electabuzz (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Static
EVs: 128 Atk / 216 Spd / 166 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Meditate
- Thunderbolt

My opener. The EVs are set up to outspeed all Base 100's while getting the guaranteed 2HKO on Blissey after a Meditate. No prediction needed here! :-)

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 158 SAtk / 100 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

My anti-water/special wall. I added HP Electric over Haze to improve my odds against Milotic, Gyarados, etc. I enjoy both ground and water immunities.

Gligar (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 162 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

My "physical sweeper," capable of occasionally overrunning Skarmbliss. I know HP Flying is more powerful than Aerial Ace, but I need it for random DT noobs, and this set is easier for me to translate to in-game.

Yanma (M) @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Reversal
- Shadow Ball

Stupid Yanma! This Pokémon is ridiculous. Endure to get a Speed Boost up to 432 speed and trigger Liechi for more power, and then win. Shadow Ball gets free kills on any ghost other than Dusclops.

Lunatone @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

My "special tank." Sleep + setting up (even only one CM) = devastation.

Banette (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Insomnia
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

I've been trying all sorts of Pokémon in this slot. I've been mostly working with Choice Banders in this slot, with Hitmonlee working the best for me. I'm not big on the whole hit and run thing, though, because my team is aggressive and doesn't want to be taking hits on the switch. For Banette, I had Thunderbolt over Will-O-Wisp, but the SAtk EV's were too much to deal with. Any ideas?

All feedback will be appreciated!:)

I've used this UU team to good effect over the past month and want to give it some good last life before I jump to Standard.

- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Meditate
- Thunderbolt

My opener. The EVs are set up to outspeed all Base 100's while getting the guaranteed 2HKO on Blissey after a Meditate. No prediction needed here! :-)

It looks like you're using this team against standards, am I right? In that don't forget that you could well get Intimidated off the bat, and that Swampert will also be all over the place. Try HP grass over Meditate - you will still 2HKO Blissey without it if either hit critics.

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

My anti-water/special wall. I added HP Electric over Haze to improve my odds against Milotic, Gyarados, etc. I enjoy both ground and water immunities.

HP Electric doesn't help you that much against Milotic/Suicune even then. I'd go back to Haze over it so Cune doesn't get any clever ideas about trying to CM up and either pressure stall or Ice Beam you.

Gligar (M) @ Lum Berry
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

My "physical sweeper," capable of occasionally overrunning Skarmbliss. I know HP Flying is more powerful than Aerial Ace, but I need it for random DT noobs, and this set is easier for me to translate to in-game.

OK, but overrunning Skarmbliss with this thing looks wildly overoptimistic. Leftovers as it's actually pretty good at taking physical hits

Yanma (M) @ Liechi Berry
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Reversal
- Shadow Ball

Stupid Yanma! This Pokémon is ridiculous. Endure to get a Speed Boost up to 432 speed and trigger Liechi for more power, and then win. Shadow Ball gets free kills on any ghost other than Dusclops.

I'd get rid of this for something else. Its attack is just too low to OHKO stuff with un-STABed reversal, Liechi or not.

Lunatone @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

I guess...

Banette (M) @ Lum Berry
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

I've been trying all sorts of Pokémon in this slot. I've been mostly working with Choice Banders in this slot, with Hitmonlee working the best for me. I'm not big on the whole hit and run thing, though, because my team is aggressive and doesn't want to be taking hits on the switch. For Banette, I had Thunderbolt over Will-O-Wisp, but the SAtk EV's were too much to deal with. Any ideas?

What exactly are you going to be Taunting? Knock off over it, and either Leftovers or CB. Most of the time you won't want to leave Banette in on whatever comes in on it anyway, and you'll need the extra power from CB to really dent anything

It's an interesting try but really don't expect to beat OU teams with it. The power just isn't there and you just can't get past the standard tanks, while your own sweepers don't pack the same punch. I'd list pokemon to watch out for but... basically everything :-/

- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Meditate
- Thunderbolt

I guess

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

Haze over HP Electric, Toxic will wear down Gyarados enough, and HP Electric won't do shit to Milotic or whatever from Mantine's low SpAtk stat.

Gligar (M) @ Lum Berry
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

I can see the Blissey half (assuming it's not running Ice Beam), but how do you intend to overrun Skarmory with that? You need a fair few Swords Dances under your belt, by which time Skarmory will have Spiked at least once and then Whirlwinded you out. This is quite standard, but you may want Quick Attack somewhere since you lack a Quick Attacker on this team.

Yanma (M) @ Liechi Berry
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Reversal
- Shadow Ball

Meh, don't like this. Yanma's Atk isn't high enough for this to be effective imo. If you must go Endrev, put Scyther here, and go Substitute/Silver Wind/Swords Dance/Reversal with a Salac. Or, if you don't mind not having STAB, go HP Ghost in place of Silver Wind to complete the Ballbreaker combo.

Lunatone @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

This isn't a tank. It's a sweeper. I've used this Lunatone before, but you may want some more Def to help you survive more random Normal hits.

Banette (M) @ Lum Berry
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Banette's too frail for Taunt, go Knock Off there. After that it's standard Banette. Which is sex. Needs Leftovers though.

Ice Beam Nidoking will give you a lot of shit, since it can 1- or 2HKO everything but Mantine. Without Quick Attack on Gligar, you'll get smashed by anything that Subs down for something, be it Petayabuzz or a Hitmonlee going for Reversal. CB Solrock might give you problems if it comes in on anything but Banette, since it can beat most of them down, and Gligar can't touch it since it also lacks Iron Tail.

A fun alternattive to Knock Off in Banette's extra slot is Imprison. Since HP Ghost or Shadow Ball is often the first thing people think of of to take it out, and you have both HP and Shadow Ball, you Imprison on their switch in and then they're forced to switch and eat an attack off Banette's nice Atk stat, or sit there with no way to hurt you. Or you can Twave on the switch and then Imprison only if it looks practical.

I prefer Twave over WoW for the imprsion set, althought both work, although being Wow'd yourself probably hurts more, Twave is more common on enemy pokes and ends up Imprisoned more often because of it. Since UUs tend not to have the same speed as OUs and you seem to want to play them as well, it will help the rest of your taem sweep a bit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)