Nokia Xpressmusic: 5310 or 5220?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VS

Ok, so I'm going to buy myself a new cellphone, due to my old 1 going and busting its screen (can't repair, bought it while I was in Germany). I've limited my choices down to these 2 now. It is mostly for listening to music, but the thing is, I know nobody who owns these phones, so I can't ask them about these. At the moment I'm leaning towards the 5220, because it will be cheaper, and they sound pretty much that they are like each other (word from the internet), except for the size (which I do not care about that much). Does anyone of you here have experience on these? Durability, sound quality, etc. Any info/recommendations are appreciated :)

~Exarius

P.S. Please, don't suggest buying a cheap cellphone and a MP3, I prefer to have both-in-1, instead of having to carry 2, and it would be more of wasted cash to buy the cellphone then, since I rarely get calls/messages.

I don't own either of these phones, but if it was my choice, I'd pick the 5220 over the 5310. It can go about 100 hours longer in standby, which I'd say is quite a lot. Another massive advantage imo is that the 5220 has a 3.5 mm audiojack, which is quite handy as it is a lot easier to replace if your headphones get worn out. Not only that, but it can take 4 GB cards, while the newer 5310 can only take upto 2 GB cards. On most of the sites I've visited, it also received a higher rating.

The only advantages of the 5310 are better colours (16M compared to 56K), more network compatibility, and being slightly lighter (nut, as you've already mentioned, that doesn't really bother you). It's also more expensive.

So really, it depends on whether you'd like more battery power and 3.5 mm jack, or better colours and more network compatibility. Sorry I can't be of any more help to you.

I know out here at least, one of the plans for the Nokia 5800 gives you a year's free access to the Nokia Music Shop. My Dad got $15 000 in music (at ~$1 per song) over the past six months totally free. The 5800 is similar in design to the 5310.

The other alternatives are the iPhone or Nexus Googlephone, but they've got a lot of additional functionality (and price) that you may not be interested in.

@Bounty: Both has 3.5 Jack, so in that regard, they are the same.

@MrIndigo: Here (in Finland), they are selling the phones with this access too. It tempts me, but sadly, the versions with it are so expensive that I can't afford them without using all my cash, and I have to save some of it. (example: 5130 without: 119€, with: 199€. This is the cheapest of them.)

Thanks for the info though, both of you :)

That's fair enough, though if you can find the money somewhere, I totally recommend getting that plan, the value for money is insane, especially if you listen to a lot of music.

I own a 5310, it's a good phone.

Edit: Also, bounty, unless that's new within the last 6 months, that's incorrect. I've got an 8 GB in mine.

Might as well say now, so this can die: I went and bought the cellphone today, ended up on 5220 due to the price and the fact 5310 didn't have anything that would have justified it's price over the 5220. Thanks for the info though, all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)