Ninetales Sun UU team (First attempt at teambuilding)

Ninetails (Ninetales) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day
Ninetales is the center and the reason I decided to make a Sun team. They're primarily here to set up the sun on switch-in, and throw out fire special attacks in a pinch, although they can be a sweeper if i need them to be.

ReptilePlant (Venusaur) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
Venusaur is here to be a secondary sweeper, using Solar beam and Earth Power to take out mons, while Hidden Power Ice can help with dragon-types that might be otherwise problematic.

Chicken (Blaziken) (F) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Detect
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
Blaziken is my primary sweeper, aiming to take advantage of the sun to boost Flare Blitz and/or set up with Swords Dance and Speed Boost to make Close Combat a one-hit KO. I'm torn between Blazikenite and Leftovers or Shell Bell for the held Item.

Poor Hydra (Hydreigon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
Hydregion is here to be a backup sweeper, and deal with any dragon-types that Venusaur can't deal with. In a pinch, i can also use it to set up Sunny Day, although that move might be better off on another pokemon.

Edgy Mushroom (Brute Bonnet) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Taunt
Brute bonnet is my anti-setup mon, with Clear Smog and Taunt to keep the opponent from getting set up, Spore to neutralize a problem pokemon, and Giga Drain to keep it alive.

Brave Bird (Skarmory) (F) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Sunny Day
- Iron Head
Skarmory is here to be another sun setter in a pinch, and also provide a bit of coverage against fairy and fighting types that could otherwise be deadly. Roost is there to keep it alive, although I know that it won't save it from an electric-type that's fast enough.

As I mentioned above, this is my first attempt at teambuilding, and I'd like feedback for making this better. I would make this an RU team, but that doesn't come with easy matchmaking. The only thing i won't compromise on is the presence of ninetales; everything else is negotiable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)