Multi-gen NFEPL VI - Week 3

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by in the hills

Rules
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week as started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
SM NFE will be played in the gen 7 OU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
ORAS NFE will be played in the gen 6 UU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
BW NFE will be played in the gen 5 Ubers format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
DPP NFE will be played in the gen 4 UU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.

Managers and Assistant Managers are responsible for ensuring that their players do not bring illegal teams to their games. If a player brings an illegal team, the opposition are free to either take the win or offer a redo.
Regarding DPP NFE, if the game ends up as a draw due to both Pokemon fainting on the last turn (Explosion, Recoil, Status Damage etc) then another game must be played until someone wins. Teams can be changed for a rematch.

>>Commencement<<
>>
Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the wonderful Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<

Week 3

:munchlax: Bayern Munchlax (2) vs (4) Deez Nuzleafs :nuzleaf:
SS: Jordy vs The Strap
SS: Dr. Phd. BJ vs ArcticBreeze
SS: DuGuo vs TheFranklin
SM: Ara vs Quagg
BW: gorex vs CrazyStevy
DPP: OranBerryBlissey10 vs HSOWA

:lampent: The Lampent Legion (4) vs (2) Cursed Cursola :corsola-galar:
SS: lepton vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SS: Dragonillis vs PandaDoux
SS: Maybca vs PrinceOfAllTacos
SM: WMAR vs BP
BW: innovamania vs Trashuny
DPP: Toy Time King vs So Noisy

:gurdurr: Gigachad Gurdurrs (2) vs (4) Dreary Drifloons :drifloon:
SS: Givra vs Potatochan
SS: pannuracotta vs Fraise
SS: Reece vs beauts
SM: ninjadog vs Cheryl.
BW: Spacial vs jay
DPP: shiloh vs Beraldinho

Bayern Munchlax (0) vs (0) Deez Nuzleafs

The Lampent Legion (0) vs (0) Cursed Cursola

Gigachad Gurdurrs (0) vs (0) Dreary Drifloons
SS: Givra vs Potatochan
SS: Reece vs beauts
SM: ninjadog vs Cheryl.
BW: Spacial vs jay
DPP: shiloh vs Beraldinho

Replays are mandatory.

The deadline for this round is Sunday, August 21st at 11:59 PM GMT -4.​

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Had some time for predicts, so let me get a positive record plssssss

Bayern Munchlax (1) vs (5) Deez Nuzleafs :nuzleaf:

SS: Jordy vs The Strap (51:49)
These are now 2-0 players facing each other to stay undefeated. Though you could point out how they won some of the games was a little case of a classic pokemon moment. Regardless, this will be a good match in which the better player will make the best critical move IMO. Both of them haven't had their bad performance plays-wise, but I feel like Jordy is a slight advantage here since he tends to use his positions more effectively which makes him always so scary in late-game, though in a less flexible way. Skysolo hasn't disappointed me, but I feel like Jordy is more advantageous with his plays overall.
I would give Skysolo the favor in the teambuilding aspect for being more flexible and borderline harder to predict what they'll bring. While the teams Jordy has been using are usually solid on their own against a lot of playstyles, I'll have to admit there's a pattern I see here. I think Skysolo is definitely aware of it and will find something to stop Jordy's game plan. While it sounds like the teambuilding aspect can be a big factor, I don't think that should determine the match itself, as Jordy is someone that can be flexible with the team themself.

In the end, it was really hard for me to pick up who I favor winning. But as I pointed out earlier, I believe the better player in the match has more of the chance of winning this set so I'm giving it to Jordy, but any of them can win.

SS: Dr. Phd. BJ vs ArcticBreeze (45:55)
Knowing both of them in a somewhat way, this is a match with the former who prefers to progress things more offensive while the latter prefers to play the long game with defensive cores. I think Arctic is in favor for obvious reasons such as his history with NFE, and being a better pokemon player. But I don't think it should be that big of a gap since Arctic hasn't paid NFE since the last NFEPL, which is critical since the meta has changed a lot IMO. It's also that Dr. Phd. BJ is excellent as a player himself, and he's one of those people that I consider "that plays and build with the most sense" lol. Bias aside, I think Arctic's tricky teambuilding could catch off guard Dr. Phd. BJ, especially if it's something specific from the past or new that can be effective. So in summary, Arctic's slightly better than Dr. Ph.D. BJ in most aspects in terms of NFE context, but Phd is still able to win especially with the support from Mirbro. Definitely a hype match I'm looking forward to.

SS: DuGuo vs TheFranklin (40:60)
I love that Duguo gets to finally play their first NFEPL game. Sadly it'll be a tough opponent from them and I think TheFranklin should be in favor of this one regardless. But knowing Duguo as we were in a team tournament together(OMFL), I think Duguo can take an upset if they're playing solid and not stressing/tilting/panicking so much in mid-match. Well Besides RNG moment, NFE has always had its weird upsets so always possible. With Mirbro's help to Duguo and solidify their knowledge in NFE, I think it's possible. But I still would favor TheFranklin and there's not much else to talk about here. I would even think of 35:65, but I'm feeling a lil biased here today so... dn

SM: Ara vs Quagg (35:65)
I've no idea who Ara is unless it's the same person on that team tournament I saw them playing for DPP OU at some random discord server. Regardless I think Quag should win here solidly since he knows this meta at heart and prepping against him isn't easy. There is a possibility to catch Quagg off guard in the usual positions like Wmar did since Quag's teams are like the most "sample team" I can ever think of, but then outplaying against Quag is hard af lol. If Ara wins this, then consider me shocked.

BW: Gorex vs CrazyStevy (45:55)
I don't recall if Gorex has played in old-gens besides ORAS so I'm very curious how he will perform here. He's not a bad player so I can definitely see him taking a win here. But now he's playing against an old NFE mainer, and IIRC I think Crazystevy has played BW before even if he's more of an SM player. So Stevy has more experience in BW NFE overall, and I don't think their skill level is that far off in terms of BW NFE context. There's not much opinion I can speak here since I'm uncertain on both of them in BW NFE, so it can go either way but I think Stevy should take this one.

DPP: OranBerryBlissey10 vs Hsowa (42:58)
This feels like a tough matchup for Oran. HSOWA is a better player, has success with DPP NFE, and to top it up with the Quag support as he is one of the best(and few) DPP builders. Now DPP NFE is chaotic as it is so I can see Oran taking this game because of the nature of the tier, but as long Quag/Hsowa understands Oran's "preferences" in DPP NFE I think Hsowa will take this game in a clean fashion.

:lampent: The Lampent Legion (2) vs (4) Cursed Cursola :corsola-galar:

SS: Lepton vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d (45:55)
Lepton should have been 2-0 since her game against Skysolo was kinda unfortunate for her rng-wise. Overall I think she has been playing well while Ho3n hasn't impressed me atm. But I would still favor him over Lepton mainly for the gut feeling and I believe in him a lot. He's still the better player and despite his inconsistency in team tours, he has been very consistent at NFEPL ones and I believe he'll end up with a positive record at the end. Lepton can definitely take the game in a dominant fashion, but Ho3n if he cares enough should make it hard for them.

SS: Dragonillis vs PandaDoux (42:58)
Wait...? French players can actually be good players in NFE!? I'll be damned then. Now I'm always happy to see Dragonillis being picked and still doing his best in team tours, especially taking an upset over TheFranklin. But I'm much happier to see Pandadoux joining and getting picked up at NFEPL after their performance at OMWC. I personally think Panda is the best French NFE player out of anyone despite the results in this tournament atm. So it will go without saying that I'm favoring Panda over Dragonillis. Dragonillis has impressed me right now, but I've always treated him as a 3k player to be picked up in NFEPLs, while I would put Panda near to NFE mainers. They can also build in this tier with decent knowledge in NFE, which is a plus in my book. I still think Dragonillis is able to win here despite the odds, but overall Panda should take this game unless they are somehow getting unlucky.

Also, I refuse to call PandaDoux for PD. Respect the OG PD

SS: Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ vs PrinceOfAllTacos (55:45)
Extremely happy to see Maybca in NFEPL as they were also my OMFL team member. Now for this matchup, I'm simply favoring Maybca over POAT because they've much more experience in NFE and have the advantages to understand NFE stuff. I do think POAT is probably the better player, and he just had a really sucky matchup in week 1. But I value the players that have some grasp of the tier's interactions and positions more over than decent/good players that have little knowledge on SS NFE unless you're a tournament player such as Kythr, Sensei Axew, TheFranklin, Tlenit, etc. I'll admit I can be very wrong in this predict as I simply lack knowledge on POAT as a player atm. Overall though, Maybca is in the favor but it can easily go around.

SM: WMAR vs BP (60:40)
Love to see my NFEPL IV manager BP playing for SM :OOO
But atm 4k WMAR is looking on fire by taking two major upsets, which makes me wonder how BP will stop with the momentum WMAR is going with right now. And I don't even know if BP has played much SM NFE. Regardless I'm interested to see BP play SM NFE and would be happy if he proved me wrong here. But for the safe bet, WMAR should likely be one of the other two 3-0 players this week.

BW: innovamania vs Trashuny (49:51)
Honestly unsure who's better than others as I feel like they're equal enough to make this a coin flip. But I have to predict someone here, so after watching replays n such I'm giving Trashuny since I liked their teams compared to Innovamania's teams as they tried something out of the ordinary(slowpoke was a cool pick ngl) which makes me look forward to them. Either way, this can go either way with the information I've right now.

DPP: Toy Time King vs So Noisy (52:48)
The funny thing with both of them is that they've beaten Shiloh, which was undefeated at NFEPL V as a fun fact. Now after watching replays n such, I think TTK is slightly favored over So Noisy. TKK has performed better, and mainly lost by another 50/50 vs Hsowa while I felt like So Noisy got a lil lucky on some critical moments vs Shiloh and he didn't give me a better impression against OranBerryBlissey10. However, this can really go either way and it's all up to who gets the right plays since that's just how DPP NFE is. I will still predict TTK to win with how he won and lost convinced me enough to predict him to win here.

:gurdurr: Gigachad Gurdurrs (2) vs (4) Dreary Drifloons :drifloon:

SS: Givra ☯ vs Potatochan (45:55)
Despite that Givra is 2-0 right now, I feel like Potatochan should win this since I feel like he's the better player after watching the replays. While I think Givra builds their teams(?) I think Potatochan's SS support is much more solid and flexible than what Gurdurrs has right now. But I've been impressed with how Givra has been playing and I vibe with the teams they've brought. It goes without saying it's not a clear win to either one, but I have more trust on Potatochan should take this overall.

SS: Pannuracotta vs Fraise (48:52)
I think Fraise has some key advantages over Pan such as they've played and built NFE. But most importantly having superior SS NFE support as I don't think Spacial has really good SS NFE support, which is critical IMO. But Pan is a more solid player overall and should know SS NFE to some degree. So overall it's a closer matchup than I would expect, but I would give it to Fraise as I value player knowledge more, and Fraise is decent enough in SS NFE. Definitely a close match I'll be excited to watch for :3

SS: Ojr vs AM (60:40)
Ojr should take this game as he is pretty much better than AM at anything. Stronger and has more creative builds, the better player overall, and this matchup just feels like a player that is somewhat creative on their own when they've played NFE a few times vs someone that has practically been the in-depth root of SS NFE. AM should be able to win even if the chances are not in his favor since I personally think he has shown he can do that. But Ojr should take this simply by outplaying him in the match, even if he gets a bit worse matchup which is why I think Ojr should take this game.

SM: Ninjadog vs Cheryl. (48:52)
This is personally a more gut-feeling prediction and I feel that Cheryl will make an upset here. Ninjadog is one of the strongest SM NFE players right now, but I don't think they have SM support and then I'm believing that Ninjadog will end up using repeated teams from the past series. While Cheryl has crazy support. You should expect Beauts & Cheryl together means they'll have more support from friends outside of the tournament that build SM NFE before. Like Beauts's team is basically the most friend group team you could imagine lol. Though I think Ninjadog is a much better player, I think Cheryl is good on their own I guess? I'll admit I don't pay much attention to who's good or not in the SM NFE player base, but I am confident that Cheryl can steal a good win here even if the match will be a close one.

BW: Spacial vs Jay (60:40)
Will Spacial still remain undefeated or will Jay be able to take another upset again!? Let's see when this exciting match will happen this week :D.
Ok besides that intro, I think Spacial should win this game as he's still the best BW NFE player here rn, and arguably the most knowledgeable out of anyone I know atm. Jay has impressed me with how he played against Arctic and Gorex, but Spacial hasn't had any bad performance at all and his momentum is going in hard. I'm gonna call out tho if he somehow gets another random endgame luck moment as he did against Leo cwl. But yeah I don't know enough Jay to speak about this matchup more in-depth so this is my conclusion about this matchup. Personally, I would definitely look out for this match since I'm very sure both players will be prepared for each other and I can see Jay manage to win here.

DPP: Shiloh vs Beraldinho (48:52)
Honestly shocked that Shiloh is 0-2 right now after his insane run at NFEPL V, but sometimes it happens from matchup and unfortunate moments. I think Shiloh is a bit more limited in the DPP support aspect even if he doesn't need it I would still consider it. DPP pool is also insanely stacked, much more than last year IMO which means Shiloh has definitely competition in terms of player skill. I still think Shiloh is one of the best DPP NFE players right now and he hasn't performed that badly, but this NFEPL is much tougher for him.
While here we have Beraldinho, a newcomer for DPP NFE and I was personally excited to see him in this tier especially watching him play DPP PL and other tournaments. He with the Beauts support makes me believe he has a good chance to stay undefeated this tournament overall as Beauts are one of the strongest DPP NFE builders, and maybe naturally good at building DPP teams in lower tiers overall. It's also that Beauts has somewhat helped Shiloh via test games in the last NFEPL makes me more interested to see how they will approach him this week. I think Shiloh is a bit better than Beraldinho in the DPP NFE metagame knowledge/experience as it felt like Beraldinho was still in the learning process to see how DPP NFE worked, e.g the game he had against HSOWA felt like they didn't know Snover teamed up with Sealeo at the end. But otherwise, I think skill-wise they're very close to equal-wise. But as much as I would want to see Shiloh stay positive in this tournament, I predicted Beraldinho winning here slightly for the better support and the fact he's one of few 2-0 players right now. He seems in good momentum so may be another 0-3 / 3-0 here. Honestly though most of the time it's really hard to tell who's better than the other player, and I felt very conflicted in this matchup here. I was switching all around on these two just because I was that unsure lmao. Regardless this should be a very entertaining match to watch for anyone.

Well, guess that "some time" became more than I expected oops.
For this tournament, I'm very excited for the DPP slot as I think that's the one with the most stacked players as a lot of them are known in other DPP tours, though the NFEPL 4 is still the most stacked out of anyone this was close.
There are also fewer high-level tournament players in this NFEPL such as Kythr, Friso, Xavgb, Sensei Axew, etc. And then the NFE Mainers or specific ones have noticeably dropped too, and obviously, I'm one of them that didn't join in this tournament. It can be for whatever reason, such as the incident with Nuzleaf vs Hattrems at last NFEPL Semis may have left some sour, or people have been less interested and moved on to other things. But I don't think that's such a bad thing. There are also other OM, ZU, and other interesting players that joined here for their own reasons and I appreciate it a lot when those who got picked aren't just tournament players/known ones. So it's more like NFEPL VI has a different spread of player base, which is a lot of good breathe IMO.
A personal notice I saw is there are many more other french players that got picked up instead of the usual 1 or 2, though s/o for Dragonillis getting picked up tho most NFEPL. Now we've 5 ones which amazed me. I always make some jokes that french players are not good in NFE, just like I like to make jokes about UK NFE players and how much they smell bad :)))
Also, #FreeAntares for being the OG though and I still get sad he does not get in NFEPL. Aside from that, I'm excited about this NFEPL because of a very different reason compared to the other NFEPLs. Not sure I'm willing to make longer prediction posts like these even if this is the way I will make predictions, but if people appreciate them they should probably spam @ on me at NFE discord.

Good luck anyone and give me some good ass matches alright? :quagchamppogsire::quagchamppogsire::quagchamppogsire:

Predicts
Bayern Munchlax (0) vs (+2) Deez Nuzleafs
SS: Jordy vs The Strap - Looking forward to this.
SS: Dr. Phd. BJ vs ArcticBreeze - Win if they play their cards right.
SS: DuGuo vs TheFranklin - An opportunity for TheFranklin to secure the win.

The Lampent Legion (+1) vs (+1) Cursed Cursola
SS: lepton vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d - I would say lepton knows s1nn0h well enough to win but for me the winner is obvious.
SS: Dragonillis vs PandaDoux - Another tough rivalry though it is indecisive for me this time. They will have to settle this in a combat singulier.
SS: Maybca vs PrinceOfAllTacos - It is nice to see Maybca having an opportunity to play and I believe in him doing his best for his first match.

Gigachad Gurdurrs (+2) vs (+1) Dreary Drifloons
SS: Givra vs Potatochan - Givra is still as solid as ever.
SS: Reece vs beauts - DOUBLE SWITCHING FOR THE WIN
:bw/roselia: Good Luck Have Fun everyone for week 3 ! :bw/roselia:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)