Multi-gen NFEPL VI - Finals [Won by Deez Nuzleafs]

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by in the hills

Rules
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week as started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
SM NFE will be played in the gen 7 OU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
ORAS NFE will be played in the gen 6 UU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
BW NFE will be played in the gen 5 Ubers format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.
DPP NFE will be played in the gen 4 UU format. The banlist and resources for this metagame can be found here.

Managers and Assistant Managers are responsible for ensuring that their players do not bring illegal teams to their games. If a player brings an illegal team, the opposition are free to either take the win or offer a redo.
Regarding DPP NFE, if the game ends up as a draw due to both Pokemon fainting on the last turn (Explosion, Recoil, Status Damage etc) then another game must be played until someone wins. Teams can be changed for a rematch.

>>Commencement<<
>>
Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the wonderful Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<

Finals

:lampent: The Lampent Legion (2) vs (4) Deez Nuzleafs :nuzleaf:
SS: lepton vs Quagg
SS: Dragonillis vs TheFranklin
SS: Maybca vs ArcticBreeze
SM: WMAR vs neomon
BW: innovamania vs CrazyStevy
DPP: Toy Time King vs HSOWA

The Lampent Legion (0) vs (0) Deez Nuzleafs
SS: lepton vs Quagg
SS: Dragonillis vs TheFranklin
SS: Maybca vs ArcticBreeze
SM: WMAR vs neomon
BW: innovamania vs CrazyStevy
DPP: Toy Time King vs HSOWA

Replays are mandatory.

The deadline for this round is Sunday, September 18th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.​

The Lampent Legion (1) vs (5) Deez Nuzleafs :nuzleaf:
SS: Lepton vs Quagg (45:55)
I don't think both of them have faced each other before to my knowledge. This is a very cool matchup though since it's basically captain vs captain, which is so awesome yooooooooo.
Now I personally think this could go either way, but I'm more confident to predict Quag to win here despite him not playing that much SS NFE. Both are equal in the building field, and while Quag is the better player here Lepton isn't that far away since they've been improving at their own pace. Though I do wonder something though. Will they feel very worn down from supporting their other slots that it could affect their preparation against themself, which makes it more unpredictable for me to figure out who can realistically win here? But overall I'm very hyped for this SS slot and I wish the best luck to the best, but more to Quag since I want to be positive in this predict B))

SS: Dragonillis vs TheFranklin (45:55)
TheFranklin should win here but I think Dragonillis can close this one out again as he won against them last time, so I think it's a close game instead. I think it is decided more on who will get the matchup and if the supporters aren't burned out from building NFE teams for this week. Since if either Lepton's support or Quagg's ss support feels burned out I think that can be a huge factor for their preparation for this match.

SS: Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ vs ArcticBreeze (35:65) Arctic has been unpredictable with what he has been building and that alone will put give me the favor over Maybca since he can straight out mu cheese Maybca by his knowledge itself. He is also the better player overall and understands SS NFE more than Maybca can do so I think this will be a personally tough matchup for Maybca. Unless Arctic really gets a bad mu or he builds a really, really bad team I think he will take this one easily.

SM: WMAR vs Neomon (60:40)
I haven't seen Neomon playing in this tournament, but I know that he isn't a bad player and with quag's support he has a chance to win. With that said WMAR has had an insane run in this tournament and if Neomon is playing in a way where he'll do a lot of similar positions/interactions in SM NFE I think WMAR will easily take a game here since he's been approaching his teams in a very anti-meta fashion, and sometimes even fishing for specific interaction/position that would give him the game itself. I would want to see WMAR win to see him undefeated this tournament(unless a tiebreaker), but at the same time, I would love to see an upset from a new player in here.

BW: Innovamania vs CrazyStevy (45:55)
Ngl hasn't paid much attention to BW NFE and both players since I've been busy with other things. But I think Stevy will win this one over Innovamania. I haven't been that impressed over both of them, but Stevy made an upset against Spacial and my guts feel like Deez Nuzleaf's BW support is better than the opposing one. Though both of their bw support isn't that impressive. Then again that's just the BW NFE playerbase issue overall tbh. Stevy can win this, but Innovamania could take the win as they've gotten some decent experience from BW NFE so I hope Lepton and Inno don't get discouraged that much.

DPP: Toy Time King vs HSOWA (48:52)
This is probably the most exciting match for me since it's just DPP NFE and both of them are knowledgeable of this tier. Both have performed positively in this tournament, though I feel like HSOWA has a slightly weaker performance compared to the last NFEPL. Picking one of them was tough, but I picked up HSOWA since they're technically the better DPP player overall and Quag's support rivals TTK, if not better since Quag has a more senseful and solid team than TTK usually. However, TTK has been doing well and I've been liking more of his teams in this NFEPL so it's a much closer matchup that could go anywhere here. But I think Quag will make sure that he will do his best to support HSOWA or else there will be someone at Deez Nuzleaf that's gonna be hella upset then :wo:

Now, this was somewhat an unexpected final for me for Lampent performing well, while I think Deez Nuzleaf was insanely solid with the people so this wasn't too much surprise for me. But I think it's definitely some tension going on here, such as will Deez Nuzleaf win their first NFEPL after being robbed or eliminated in the last two tournaments at playoffs, or will a new team that has performed beyond people's expectations take this tournament, or perhaps it'll be a tiebreaker just like they tied in week 1? Let's see by the end of this week :bat::bat::bat::bat::bat:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)