Gen 4 Next Level.

Next Level

Introduction

Hi everyone. I will take this as a welcome. Well, this is my first RMT here. My idea was to share it before the end of the year. I think it's the farewell that such a team deserves. I always liked this generation. It is the one I have been playing and enjoyed the most. I have taken many moments since the first time, where I played on the console. It is for me the most nostalgic of all. I especially like not knowing what the opponent is wearing and having to guess oneself. Well, I've always liked to move on the offensive side, I think it's my style, although you have to know how to think well. I consider this team as one of the best I have created. The base was Aerodactyl, one of my favorite pokemon and lead of the generation. As for the team in general, it has peculiar things that I have tried and it worked for me. I am not a player motivated by the ladder. But if you can tell, the only story he has is 1450-1500 points. It is true that it is a staircase where you can meet the same people and I am sure if it is very active.

Structure
Aerodactyl is the reason and the basis of the team. He is reputed to be a suicidal lead, but can also be key if he plays well. Thanks to its high speed and having Taunt you can disable more passive pokemon and take control.

Jirachi is characterized by being very versatile since it has a lot of versions where all are good. I added it for that and to cover Aero from spam Steel. It is a key pokemon where he can give you the passport to victory.
Breloom is next because he needed something to fit Ttar and especially for everything called Bliss, Fable, Snorlax or Pert. It is a good support to eliminate things that Jirachi in principle cannot. It is also one of my water resistance although it is not very safe.
Kingdra as best resistance to water and fire. It allows me to eliminate threats (counters or checks) that Loom cannot as Nite (DD or RD) or Starmie with Ice Beam / Psychic LO. One of the pillars of the team. It is a pokemon to always consider.
I could not miss Rotom. No matter what style you play, it is one of the most present. It serves me as a Spin Block and being its set Scarf allows me to have some more speed to overcome threats like DD Gyara.
Tyranitar to respond to the annoying spam ghost and to support Aerodactyl thanks to its ability. It is my other DD user to press the opponent always taking advantage of SR of my lead and find the hole.

Detailing

Aerodactyl @

Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sky Attack
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

As I mentioned, Aerodactyl is very useful against anything slower vs. stall match up for example. It allows me to have control from the beginning if the opposite lead is not a steel like Zong, Rachi or Gross. Summoning Ttar with his ability increases the Aerodactyl Sdef that can be useful. It is a good support since I consider it necessary to have the climate (SS) in favor. Well, as you can see it has a small peculiarity to look for the surprise factor and surprise those annoying Machamp, Nape, Loom or Celebi. All this in the same turn without risk thanks to Power Herb.

Jirachi @

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Charge Beam
- Psychic
- Cosmic Power

Jirachi and his wide set fuss. This time it is something totally out of the expected. I thought it was a good idea to try it that way and so far it worked great. Since with certain threats it is easier. Wish to give support to the whole team and the Charge Beam is well taken advantage of because whenever he gets damage he increases his special attack due to his ability. Psychic by stab basically and have something more powerful that lowers the Ground Type for example. CP is one of the big surprises since I doubt that people expect this. That way I protect myself better by increasing my defenses and being more annoying.

Breloom @

Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch
- Superpower

I love Breloom for the ability it has to get in front of several things and get Spore. It is unique with a good double offensive type. Match Punch as a priority and very useful if you consider things like Ttar faster to eliminate it and not be surprised. Spower as his other Fight stab to get more damage than that is. Seed Bomb can not be missing either because it is its quintessential plant attack that allows me to press vs Pert and other slower waters. It has a good ability + Toxic Orb that allows you to recover and thus last longer.

Kingdra @

Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance

Kingdra was always a good generation pokemon for me. It may not be as versatile or complete as Jirachi, but it also complies with bad intentions. It is always a threat if you have the option to enter DD or RD. This set I love is the perfect combo to increase attack and speed and thus harness your ability and hit harder with your stab water. Sitrus Berry seems very interesting on any other object of support.

Rotom-Wash @

Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

I needed something that was immune to Ground / Fight spam and acted as a Spin Block. It is another form of pressure on the rival. Scarf also allows me to move faster than anyone and eliminate things like DD Gyara that can be a danger. It may not be very aesthetic to wear WoW in that set but wearing Trick and even if he gets caught it is for the entrance of the typical opposite Ttar. That cast is for you to endure more and not make everything so offensive. In addition, endure just Pursuit in the exchange

Tyranitar @

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch​

One of my team's physical sweepers and second DD user thanks to that I can hit hard and first against any pokemon. Although the idea is not to do it precipitously since it is best to wear and remove it at the right time. It has an interesting bulk. FPunch on IcePunch to not be forced to change vs Steels as Scizor (no click BP) Forre or Skarm. Crunch as the only stab and eliminate Gar (DD) Latias or Rotom forms. EQ needed vs Heatran and other Ttar. I wear Shuca but maybe a change to another berry is not far fetched

Pokepaste
https://pokepast.es/5cf65ee56471c773

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1033536924
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1032216185
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1031636188

Last edited:
Hi! I definately like a lot DPP Aero lead teams, you paired him with some common partners like Breloom, Jirachi and Ttar which work perfect with it, but i see some flaws in your team that i think we can check to improve it a lot.

Aero being the fastest Taunt lead means that most of the times you're getting your rocks up while ensuring your opponent won't , not versus priority leads like Empoleon and Metagross, that's why i think Sash Aero is way better than the one u used, which is also viable but it's not the best option here,
Another thing i'm not a big fan of is that you are relying too much on rotom, it has to prevent spin from starmie (which kills it from 2 attacks) , also check DD gyara and is the mon that gives you speed control, taking into account that scarf rotom can be easily trapped by ttar and Kingdra and your Rachi are a bit passive you aren't taking any advantage from Aero, so, you're gonna find it hard to find the moment to sweep with Ttar or Kingdra since the team is weak to a lot of things, Zapdos for example or Empoleon, so we've gotta work on this.

Major Changes:

:Flygon: >> :kingdra: I replaced kingdra with flygon, this let's you gain another ground immunity, you needed a ground type too and it has better speed control than Kingdra, since your team was very slow. LO Flygon can be surprising many times, clicking earthquake against a rotom/gyara switch and then clicking Draco, or you can also make your opp think you're scarf to force any mon out.

Minor Changes:

:Aerodactyl: Like I explained above, Focus Sash Aerodactyl is gonna help you way more.

:Breloom: I made it faster to help with Metagross, other brelooms, Fast Ttar that pretend to lure your Loom, Fast Perts... Never understimate 252 Jolly Loom o.o .

:Rotom-Wash: Since Ttar, Nape, Scizor and Gross were big threats of your team i changed the set, evs make you always faster than Adamant LO Luke and maximizes Rotom's Bulk to stop Gyara. Sub is gonna be useful against status mons a lot of times

:Tyranitar: To prevent Starmie from spinning, to help with Gengar (without adding your own gengar instead of rotom), and also don't focus all the speed control on Rotom and Flygon i made ttar Scarf, which is gonna help you a lot, also vs heatran an other mons.

:Jirachi: Your set was way too passive and kinda nonsense here, this E Belt rachi is gonna help you a lot against opposite Rachis, Breloom, Heatran, Magnezone and Iron Head flinch is always a great tool to rely on. The EV Spread guarantees you OHKO 0HP non Shuca Tran after rocks damage. And Both, Rachi + Ttar are gonna help you a lot against Latias.

I Let the import here, and i hope you like the changes, HF!
https://pokepast.es/49022399df79fb92

And the replays of the First 2 games i played with the team while testing it:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1069481535
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1069483496

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)