Next 7* raid: Cinderace Terafight!

Eh, still works out tbh.

Speaking of which, I was actually wondering, what happens to a raid if they miss HJK? The only one I could see that has it is Tsareena and I don't think I bothered more than once...
I think the way recoil (& any other moves or effects that mess with HP) works is it's based on the base HP, not the inflated tera raid HP.

Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Chilling Water
- Iron Defense
- Leer / Life Dew
- Helping Hand

Shell Armor prevents crits. Iron Defense to take pitiful damage from Messi Rabbit. I think with Screens support, Life Dew isn't super necessary considering heal cheer gives you much more HP and heals status anyway. Leer is probably the other only good option Shellder has that can help its physical breaker allies. Can run dew if you want ig.

Life Dew isn't super necessary considering heal cheer gives you much more HP and heals status anyway.
I'm more a fan of Dew in general because that lets you use offensive/defensive cheer instead of forcing all 3 the cheers on healing (which can actually get used quickly in 7 star raids).
Besides, considering the fact Cinderace has potential to have WoW / Bulk Up as well as potential burns from Pyro Ball spam, I think in general people are much more likely to run special attackers either ways.
It helps that two of Fighting's main weaknesses (Psychic / Fairy) also just happen to be special most of the time.

Skeledirge seems like a good pick for this raid, if you already have a competitive one trained up. If you're using the defensive tera fairy set that people like to run online, then a combo of Torch Song/Tera Blast/Slack Off is a pretty strong option vs Cinderace. For the last move you could run Leer, Mud Slap or Helping Hand

Skeledirge seems like a good pick for this raid, if you already have a competitive one trained up. If you're using the defensive tera fairy set that people like to run online, then a combo of Torch Song/Tera Blast/Slack Off is a pretty strong option vs Cinderace. For the last move you could run Leer, Mud Slap or Helping Hand
Unaware on this mon is also great in theory since it's likely that Cinderace will have one or both of Bulk Up and Swords Dance.

Shellder @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Chilling Water
- Iron Defense
- Leer / Life Dew
- Helping Hand

Shell Armor prevents crits. Iron Defense to take pitiful damage from Messi Rabbit. I think with Screens support, Life Dew isn't super necessary considering heal cheer gives you much more HP and heals status anyway. Leer is probably the other only good option Shellder has that can help its physical breaker allies. Can run dew if you want ig.
Love this because I’m a sucker for stupid stuff that works no where else getting it’s time in the limelight. That said, I think you might want to keep Life Dew on there as support if not for the infinite healing at least for like… Psychological reasons lol?

This might sound a bit weird but if I hadn’t seen this post and I saw a Shellder que up with me, I would 100% disband the raid or leave once it locked in, thinking it’s some random kid. Seeing “Shellder used Life Dew!” Might but a foot in the door for people and make them realize “oh wait sweet we got a healer, I can be more reckless and they’ve got my back” and make them not actively despise you. I know heal cheers are more powerful than Life Dew but the constant flood of notifs paired with unlimited healing being genuinely very useful outweighs the value of Leer in my book.

Well, the Cinderace event began 1 hour ago.
According to Serebii, Ace runs HJK, Pyro Ball, Acrobatics and Iron Head. Its only additional move is Bulk Up (ngl I was expecting Electro Ball and Gunk Shot for coverage against flying and fairy mons).

Some friends of mine told me that it gets really dangerous after one Bulk Up.

Iron Hands still seems to be a relatively safe pick here; resists acrobatics and iron head, bulky enough for the other two.

Can see why Gyarados is here as defensive option, though. Good resists, good stats, Intimidate is a nice turn 1 debuff, etc.
Gengar feels weirder to me; I get HJK immunity & they gave them all Clear Smog, but....

Shellder @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Chilling Water
- Iron Defense
- Leer / Life Dew
- Helping Hand

It worked

Mandatory stupid question: Libero or Blaze?

Edit: I eventually answered myself, Libero as expected.

Last edited:
Cinderace seems to remove debuffs from itself mid-fight, unlike Charizard who did it once at the start after Overheat, I've played 3 so far with an Azumarill running Charm, Play Rough, Belly Drum and Mud Slap and until that middle point, it goes well.. and after that well, hold on tight

The most successful stuff I've seen so far has been
- Azumarill with Charm start then usual BD / PR
- Slowbro setting up ID / NP to +6 then Stored Power Spam
- Variants of Armarouge, but mostly a combination of Acid Spray, Psychic Terrain, Calm Mind, Expanding Force, Reflect
- My Pelipper which basically just spams Chilling Water while roosting off dmg every so often

Really feels like unless you are running 4 Unaware, you need something dedicated to spam to control the Bulk Up stacking cause it gets out of control VERY quickly.

To the people who keep trying to do full set up sweeps with Slowbro, especially in a team with multiple slowbros, stop

By the time yo uget going the shield is up and you're probably not very far from it disabling your entire set up that you have to start from scratch. And it drew in others to try supporting the slowbro. Do you know how many times that Azurmarill used Helping Hand but you're on turn 3 of 6 for your set up sweep?????

Tbfh I'm starting to feel that Azumarill is just a huge bait this time. At least I don't see the BD set doing much without a Clear Smog spammer since even if it hits +6, the boss will be at +6 defense VERY quickly.

Also I think Opportunist Espathra may be the 5Head tech assuming you do have someone else using screens and debuffing.
And bread dog may still be slept on, seems to be able to tank the Iron Heads ok

Tbfh I'm starting to feel that Azumarill is just a huge bait this time. At least I don't see the BD set doing much without a Clear Smog spammer since even if it hits +6, the boss will be at +6 defense VERY quickly.

Also I think Opportunist Espathra may be the 5Head tech assuming you do have someone else using screens and debuffing.
And bread dog may still be slept on, seems to be able to tank the Iron Heads ok
Dachsbun has strong potential just because Cinderace is stupid and will sometimes give you a +3 Defense Boost for free.
ACrobatics also seemings stunningly weak regardless? I feel like my ceruledge attempts took less damage from that than Iron Head which seems...odd?

Anyway after like 6 attempts I think I'm just gonna come back to this later after people get it out of their system. My quick reaction is honestly that if Charizard was too undertuned (mostly fire attacks, easily countered) Cinderace feels a bit overtuned. Better tera type, higher attack, better coverage, a set up move it loves to spam. It honestly feels overwhelming, which I guess is fitting in a vaccuum, but terrible from a "I would like to actually overcome this, please" way.

Please help lol

I'm no pro but the difficulty has me considering spending my little item capital on crap like Charm Donphan and Charm Arcanine.

My Bulk Up Ceruledge isn't terrible but just doesn't feel good enough. Maybe I take off Psycho Cut and put back Clear Smog to go with Bitter Blade and Reflect, idk.

Maybe I will try Opportunist Espartha. Is it best to 252 HP / 252 Sp Att?

My Bulk Up Ceruledge isn't terrible but just doesn't feel good enough. Maybe I take off Psycho Cut and put back Clear Smog to go with Bitter Blade and Reflect, idk.
Phisical attackers in general won't cut it. Even if you get to +6, the boss will get to +6 defense much faster, then wipe your buffs and you tickle.

I have used Ceruledge a couple times, but mine is fully supportive with Reflect (why so few pokemon learn this btw?), Clear Smog, Bitter Blade and Will o Wisp, and honestly I have to fully dedicate myself to spam Clear Smog in order to get anything done.
Anyway after like 6 attempts I think I'm just gonna come back to this later after people get it out of their system. My quick reaction is honestly that if Charizard was too undertuned (mostly fire attacks, easily countered) Cinderace feels a bit overtuned. Better tera type, higher attack, better coverage, a set up move it loves to spam. It honestly feels overwhelming, which I guess is fitting in a vaccuum, but terrible from a "I would like to actually overcome this, please" way.
I think this one is just much harder to "figure on your own" as the error margin is super low.
I have a few friends who are 4manning it and pretty much killing it every time. 2 Armarouge + support or other nukers seem to be the best comp I've seen so far (as long as turn 1 you get psychic terrain + reflect + some kind of atk debuff off) and then one person has to dedicate to buff clearing while everyone else do their things.

The sheer amount of people that (as usual) queue up with level 70 mons or mons weak to fire is however making me sad once more.

Phisical attackers in general won't cut it. Even if you get to +6, the boss will get to +6 defense much faster, then wipe your buffs and you tickle.

I have used Ceruledge a couple times, but mine is fully supportive with Reflect (why so few pokemon learn this btw?), Clear Smog, Bitter Blade and Will o Wisp, and honestly I have to fully dedicate myself to spam Clear Smog in order to get anything done.
having a Clear Smog spammer in general feels like the best thing to do because it can just spam Bulk Up Forever. Have one person just spam that every single round tbh, and never stop.

unfortunately i put resources into Ceruledge, who is like wet paper and the idea of putting in more resources into something that also might not work is so demoralizing.

unfortunately i put resources into Ceruledge, who is like wet paper and the idea of putting in more resources into something that also might not work is so demoralizing.
Same but honestly i'm sitting on such a huge amount of exp candies by now that leveling up like 7 different mons to 100 didn't exactly feel like a big chore.

Same but honestly i'm sitting on such a huge amount of exp candies by now that leveling up like 7 different mons to 100 didn't exactly feel like a big chore.
It's also the EVs and junk. Yeah I have money but it's not limitless if I'm throwing things at the wall.
autobattles should have given EVs tbh

It's also the EVs and junk. Yeah I have money but it's not limitless if I'm throwing things at the wall.
autobattles should have given EVs tbh
I'm being a horrible person and not really EVing mons for raids unless I plan to use said mons for VGC or similar shenenigans as well.

Also off 20 raids now, I noticed that if one person (aka, me) throws a quick Defensive Cheer at the start of the fight, chance of success tends to increase notably as it gives the other people time to set up Reflect / burn / enough defenses in general to set up afterwards.

Last edited:
Thoughts about Haze Vaporeon, Muk, Quagsire, or Toxapex?

Yeah I may have to give up. Espartha felt worse than Ceruledge, so Clear Smog Ceruledge feels like the best I can offer right now like Worldie said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)