Resource [NEW!!] UU Team Bazaar

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Approved by Lilburr | Hosted by Magnum and Bandkrook | Chowder-themed art by A Cake Wearing A Hat | OP taken from the previous one hosted by Cake

Hey there! Welcome to the Sword and Shield UU Team Bazaar! This thread will serve as a more casual way to drop new teams you've been building than Sample Teams. Show them off, and some of the more adventurous folks around UU could use them, and even improve upon them. Make sure you include some level of quality to the teams you post in here; don't post a team full of PU 'mons and expect it to not be deleted. Also make sure you test your teams before you post them here; playtesting is an easy way to get rid of very obvious flaws in your teams and makes it easier on anyone that'd want to give advice on your teams or anyone that'd like to try them out! Making descriptions for your teams is important too; wouldn't want to just drop 'em there with no explanation, yeah? Also make sure you post an importable of your teams and include sprites for the benefit of everyone who sees your post - you can check out the forum guide here! Make sure you specifically check out the Posting Guide by Lilburr, it'll help you out a ton! If a team posted here is outdated (if some of the Pokemon are banned or move up due to usage) We will be including them in the archive in the following post. In addition, all rejected submissions from the Sample Teams thread will be placed here and archived, alongside their reasoning for not being accepted.

Have fun and get to posting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing as of yet!

I'll put everything in here soon!

Alright, I've got 5 teams that were all built by some combination of Codename Magnum ,Kitten Milk ,JustFranco ,Monky25 ,Bandkrook , and myself. I'll mention the primary builders, but all except the for top one listed contain input from all 6 of us.

: Agility Moltres VoltTurn built by myself and tested for some unholy 36 ladder games by Codename Magnum

This team is built around Choice Band Scizor + Rotom-Wash enabling Agility Moltres to clean late game. Krook is speed control. Kommo-o sets rocks and helps wear down Primarina and other Moltres answers. Finally, AV Amoonguss helps with Keldeo, Primarina, Kommo-o, Raikou, and somewhat Scizor. A full RMT of this team can be found here.

: AV Glowbro + Mamoswine Offense built by Monky25 and Codename Magnum . JustFranco and I helped.

Essentially, AV Glowbro helps check some of the tier's special attackers and provides Future Sight support for Mamoswine. SubCM Primarina abuses Glowbro and Mamo breaking 99% of it's answers, and helps check Keldeo. Cobalion sets rocks and checks Scizor, and also carries Stone Edge for Moltres, Noivern, and Salamence. Speaking of Noivern, it provides another pivot into Keldeo, provides speed control, and hazard control for the team. Finally, AV Tangrowth helps keep Raikou, Primarina, and somewhat Krookodile in check. Monky gathered a couple replays to show how to the team works here and here.

: Lycanroc-Dusk + Nasty Plot Thundurus-I Spikes Offense built primarily by myself with input from everyone listed.

The concept is that Lycanroc-Dusk and Thundurus-I have access to coverage that allows them to abuse each other's checks. Krookodile functions as the rocker and an emergency check to Lycanroc-Dusk. AV Tangrowth blanket checks a shit ton of things, while also providing more Knock Off support. Rotom-Wash functions as hazard control, while also helping with the Scizor and Moltres matchup. Finally, Mew acts as a blanket check to most fighting types, sets spikes, and lures both Salamence and Scizor with Ice Beam and Flamethrower, respectively.

:Choice Specs Keldeo Tspikes built by Codename Magnum and JustFranco with input from everyone else.

The idea from the description that Franco gave me is that Keldeo is the primary breaker and is supported by Tspikes Nihilego. Scizor acts as a pivot into grasses, fairies, and psychics, and the spread enables it to avoid the 2HKO from Nihilego Power Gem. Seismitoad is the rocker, and the spread enables it to 1v1 CM Primarina. Noivern functions as speed control, as well as a pivot into Keldeo and the hazard control. Finally, Thundurus-I acts as another pivot, offensive check to Keldeo, and helps wear down the likes of Amoonguss and provides Knock support.

: Offensive VoltTurn built by Kitten Milk and Codename Magnum

From the way Kitten described it, the concept is that Mienshao and Primarina are the main breakers for the team. Mew and Rotom-Heat are the hazard core that are able to perform their roles without sacrificing momentum. Zarude functions as speed control, and Scizor functions as a secondary wincon able to take advantage of everything being weakened by the volturn spam.

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Might as well drop this one here. First team I built by myself that I liked a lot and put in work.

LO Mienshao + SubCM Primarina

I wanted to use Moltres ever since it dropped and it works well here as a Scizor check, also helping against Grass-types, which Primarina highly appreciates. Amoonguss serves as my Knock absorber and second check to Scizor and DD sweepers like Salamence, which if are special, are countered by Primarina. Let's get this out of the way: Primarina is insane. Subcm simply wins games even when the opponent even if the opponent still has their Grass-type or Scizor. You can easily find opportunities to use Sub against Salamence, non-Tox and Pjab Kommo-o, Amoonguss on the switch-in, Keldeo (big one), and even Aegislash as long it isn't Choice Specs due to this spread. Primarina's EV spread lets it avoid having the Sub broken by Amoonguss at +1, and baby, when Primarina gets going, it's impossible to stop it. Mienshao is my form of Speed control, and has the added benefit of keeping momentum with U-turn against Amoonguss and Tangrowth, which Moltres likes. LO + Regenerator is super good on a hit-and-run mon like this one too. Scizor does Scizor things, and I felt I didn't need U-turn here because of Mien+Molt but you can use that too in place of Knock. Rhyperior is my rocker and electric immunity to block volt switch.

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
RestTalk Galarian Moltres + Mixed Jirachi Bulky Offense
:moltres_galar: :jirachi: :noivern: :rotom_wash: :tangrowth: :rhyperior:
--
Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Wrath / Hurricane / Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Fire Punch / U-turn

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane / Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Pain Split

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / Heat Crash / Megahorn

The main spotlight of the team contains G-Moltres + Mixed Jirachi. I thought these two would help each other beautifully, defensively, offensively, and in general. Defensively, their typings mesh together pretty well, as G-Molt can take attacks from the likes of Aegislash and Chandelure (to an extent), while Jirachi can sponge attacks from Nihilego, and some Primarina variants. Offensively, Jirachi can deal with Clanger, Buzzwole, Amoonguss, etc. G-Molt can break through grounds like Gastrodon and Quagsire, the latter being completely stopped with the combination of rest + sleep talk. G-Molt is a great way to stop fat teams that Mixed Jirachi is unable to make any sort of progress against. Fire Punch on Jirachi is interchangeable for U-turn.
The next thing that came to my mind was speed control and a fighting resist, so I don't get completely stomped by offensive fightings like Buzzwole and Keldeo. That same speed control came in the form of Noivern. It serves as an offensive pivot that can deal with the threats I mentioned before. Nothing much else to say.
I still needed a defogger, so I opted for Rotom-Wash. It forms a nice Volt-Turn core with Noivern, and can remedy the Scizor matchup a bit. The EVs I gave it allow it to outspeed adamant Mamoswine. You don't need rocky helmet, but it makes it easier to wear down Scizor. It can be replaced for leftovers.
Next up is Tangrowth, AV to be specific. It gives me a much more solid Keldeo answer + an electric resist, which I desperately needed.
Last, the rocker, Rhyperior. I wanted a rocker that could threaten defoggers like Rotom-Heat and Salamence, so Rhyperior was perfect. I also wanted an electric immunity, so volt switch isn't as free against the team. The EV spread is fairly interchangeable, but this is what I had gone with. You don't necessarily need SD, but it's greatly appreciated.
:kommo-o:
I fucking hate Clangorous Soul Kommo-o. BD is a bit easier to play around, and all of the other sets are dealt with pretty easily, but it's just this one in particular. It's gonna be a fucking pain to play around. NEVER give it opportunities to switch in at ALL.
:gyarados:
If the Gyarados lacks Ice Fang, it might be a bit easier to play around. Don't slouch, though, this mon is a fuckin' threat to this team.
I'll be glad if at least one person gives this a try, thanks for reading and have fun! ^^

Last edited:
Been working on a whole bunch of teams as of late, as seen by Sickist's post where myself and others helped collaborate on these teams. I have another team I've been cooking up recently, it was primarily worked on by myself with feedback from Sickist and the others. The team is right down below
SubToxic Aegislash Balance (link is in the title)

Looking back on the past when I first got into UU seriously, my most successful teams had a subtoxic aegislash so I felt it would be nice to build around. I also wanted to use a chansey-buzzwole combo to wall both sides of the attacking spectrums, being hella bulky and walling most of the tier. These 3 made up the defensive core, with subtoxic aegislash being able to take on things like Primarina, Quaqsire, Buzzwole, and other Pokemon that can be exploited by toxic stalling. The Evs on Aegislash are to outspeed Sub Cm Primarina and hinder it for the best of the game. Chansey is the standard set with rocks and teleport for momentum and does chansey things. Buzzwole is the physical wall of the team, with EV spread being guaranteed to outspeed adamant max speed Scizor and pick off weakened variants to avoid the KO from dual wingbeat. I opted for earthquake to not be walled by aegislash but ice punch is a solid option as well. I then put Salamence on the team to make it more offensive while also providing hazard control against common spikes mew teams (watch out for ice beam). Mence is also able to check stuff like Amoonguss and Scizor better for aegislash. The team lost to Nasty plot thundurus, so I added scarf krookodile to take care of that. Yes, I'm tired of krookodile, but the speed control, psychic immunity, electric immunity, intimidate, and knock off it provides is far too good to pass up sometimes. Lastly, I went with CM 3 attacks primarina recommended by Sickist, which is a demon so far and acts as a secondary keldeo check. This team matches up really well against all archetypes, only being sorta weak to CM keldeo and tspikes (thank goodness there isn't a team with them) and even then it can be outplayed as the replay below is from the high ladder where I 6-0 the opponent.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1324814892-z2opqarmwmxrl6r2f7jyqw19i846kbzpw

Hope y'all enjoy this team, building has been really fun as of late and expect more teams from the building crew!

AV Conkeldurr + Bulk Up Obstagoon :
:ss/conkeldurr: :ss/obstagoon: :ss/jirachi: :ss/salamence: :ss/lycanroc-dusk: :ss/aegislash:

TEAM LINK: https://pokepast.es/feef966853831e01
(sorry if this is a bit wordy)
-Conkeldurr is reasonably bulky and it can be a soft check for ice beams mence can't handle. and the Iron-Fisted boltbeam coverage only helps it.
-Mence is great bulky support and helps remove hazards.
-Goon is a fantastic breaker even without bulk up (switcheroo/parting shot are also viable instead), helping punch holes in many things.
-Aegislash does the same thing more or less but it likes to eat up physical walls and other mons. Although a Quiet nature is not ideal as it slows it down, its the best I could get as i do not want to sacrifice its bulk or its attack stat.
-Jirachi is fanastic support with wish and stealth rock, healing up the slower mons.
-Lycanroc is a fantastic revenge killer and helps especially with Moltres (Gmolt and kantonian), and is the closest thing to a Kommo-o check on the team with Play Rough.
Speaking of Kommo, this team hates clangorous soul kommo. If you can switch Aegi in on a Boomburst, you can then punch a decently-sized hole with shadow ball.

Some calcs for Goon and Aegi:
+1 Goon v. Assault Vest Slowbro-Galar ( +1 252 Atk Guts Obstagoon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20+ Def Slowbro-Galar: 516-608 (130.9 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
Goon v. Aegislash (This is SubToxic variant): +1 252 Atk Guts Obstagoon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 414-488 (127.7 - 150.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Specs Primarina: (252 Atk Guts Obstagoon Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primarina: 339-400 (112.6 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
and others.

(252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 391-462 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)
Physically Defensive Quag (not recomended there is a small chance for it to OHKO with earthquake)
( 252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Quagsire: 306-361 (77.6 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)
And nothing really wants to switch into it since even Chansey has issues with it.
( 0- Atk Aegislash-Blade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 274-324 (38.9 - 46%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock)

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1327278688-u9kei72jxxkx4ryoyl06l0nizjrf4chpw Lycanroc uses Stone Edge!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1327301831 a good showcase of conk and mence's synergy[/B]

Last edited:

Sulo

shifting stars
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
Choice Band Zygarde-10% + Offensive Moltres Volt-Turn
:zygarde-10%: :moltres: :raikou: :kommo-o: :amoonguss: :scizor:
(click title for team)
The main offensive core of the team contains CB Zydog + Offensive Moltres. Moltres is able to deal with bulkier grass types that Zydog is unable to make progress against, and U-turns out on rock-types and other special sponges like AV Reuniclus, AV Glowbro, and Chansey for Zydog to pressure. Zydog is also a nice ground immunity and rock resist for Moltres, if it really needs to switch in to anything at all. Raikou is here to take care of bulky waters that otherwise hard stop the two of these, and forms a Volt-Turn core that pressures the opposing team with excessive chip. Kommo-o is...my Kommo-o check. Specifically to Clangorous Soul Kommo-o. It's also my rocker and soft check to most physical attackers. Amoonguss + Scizor is the defensive core I came up with to check Primarina, since if the opposing Primarina clicks Psychic, the EVs I gave it allow it to scout for said move and switch back in to Scizor once. You don't need to run that amount, though. Just make sure its 156<. Stun Spore is there over Foul Play to give me a way to circumvent my lack of concrete speed control, but it's not completely needed. Drop it if you want for Foul Play instead. Scizor is my defogger and the steel I wanted to round out the team.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Psychic vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Amoonguss: 318-376 (73.6 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
:mamoswine:
Mamoswine just clicks buttons against this team. If you keep Scizor healthy enough, you should be able to BP it and KO it.
:chandelure:
Chandelure is usually able to click its STABs + Psychic for free. Making doubles to avoid being destroyed by it may be necessary.
I also decided to make a redux of the team above. Big thanks to Panther-T for assisting me with this one!
Offensive Moltres + Mixed Kommo-o
:moltres: :kommo-o: :krookodile: :raikou: :jirachi: :amoonguss:
The same concept applies, except Moltres isn't U-turn; it has Defog instead. Clanger is the breaker that was decided on here; it hard punishes Moltres swtich-ins like Rhyperior and Nihilego, whilst providing defensive utility against the likes of other Clangers, Krookodile, Zarude, and the like. Raikou is here for the same reasons as mentioned above. Deals with bulky waters and provides a pivot that can bait in Amoonguss and other fat grasses for Moltres to deal with. Krookodile is here for the ghost resist, speed control, and volt blocker. Jirachi gives me a steel, wish support, and Stealth Rock. Amoonguss is the knock absorber for this team and main Keldeo switch-in.

Last edited:
HEX CHANDELURE BALANCE
:chandelure: :lycanroc-dusk: :amoonguss: :rotom-wash: :scizor: :kommo-o:
Pokepast in Sprites :)
This team uses the Lycanroc and Chandelure as main forms of offense, they cover each other pretty well and are especially good at dismantling ladder popular teams in Screens HO and full Stall, they are backed up by a defensive core of Amoonguss + Kommo-o, they bring important checks to Scarf Krook which would otherwise roll this team. They are also very effective at spreading status which Hex Chandy loves, the Amoonguss EV spread deviates from the standard by giving it more SpDef, this coupled with Seed Bomb makes for an incredible Primarina check regardless of its set while not inmediately crumbling to physical attackers like opposing Lycanroc-D and the previously mentioned Scarf Krookodile.
Lastly this whole team is held together by a VoltTurn core of Banded Scizor and Defog Washtom as they can safely bring the rest of the team into the field and they also bring extra defensive utility for the things that moonger and clanger can't handle and more offensive pressure.

:slowbro-galar: :metagross: :keldeo-resolute::lycanroc-dusk: :tangrowth: :mew:

CHOICE BAND METAGROSS + DEFOG MEW

This was a neat idea and more of a showcase how metagross is actually viable if used well. Also if Bisharp drops to UU again this team is probably gonna be obsolete lmfao

Glowbro: It's another Assault Vest Gbro, but more defensively oriented than what ive seen in other teams. It takes care of all the flamethrowers, ice beams, and hurricanes tang can't handle.

-Tangrowth: Another AV mon, except tang can also take care of a few physical bops as well. Glowbro hates EQs and Knock Off, and a Tang that can absorb them is pretty good syngergy (although tangrowth does not enjoy its assault vest removed)

-Metagross: An unorthodox pick for sure, but please hear me out. Firstly, metagross has 135 attack and servicable bulk. CB adamant 2HKOES CB Scizor (252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 185-218 (65.8 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and metagross outspeeds it, so Scizor cannot use Knock Off. Metagross also safely scares out CM Glowbro (assuming no flamethrower) with Earthquake, although you should watch out for scald burns because that's the only thing that can hit it. Its OHKOES mamoswine with just a bit of chip ( 252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 270-318 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and hits other pokemon terrifyingly hard that do not resist its Meteor Mash. Stealth Rock is there because i couldn't fit it anywhere else on the team, but Zen Headbutt can be used to OHKO Amoongus (252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 410-486 (94.9 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO).

Keldeo: I needed a dark resist after having 3 psychics on the team, and i needed a special wallbreaker, which could help get rid of those pesky round types. Keldeo. It packs a Hydro Pump that not even Rotom Wash wants to switch in to (252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 126-149 (41.4 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery ). Secret Sword helps as a secondary stab as well as revoking Chansey's right to be alive. Air Slash I picked over Icy Wind because its more powerful and hits the same mons (the few it doesnt hit die to hydro pump.

Lycanroc: Speed control, and a Play Rough user to bait Kommo-o. also Accelerock really helps with Gyrados, Moltres and Mence. i like dog.

Mew: Mew is another one of my funky new sets. I saw good bulk, recovery, and U-turn, and i chose Mew. It still has usable speedevn without investment and i went full physdef just in case I come across any physical mons that tangrowth are weak to. It is surprisingly really bulky, shrugging of EQs from Krook (252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 208 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 109-130 (27.7 - 33%) -- guaranteed 4HKO)
Rocky helmet gives valuable chip damage, and roost helps longevity.
(leftovers would likely be better but i do not want to go through the hassle of fixing up the sprites)

some replays as to how the team works (i am extremely low ladder atm becuase i baby-raged, but its the best i could muster, if someone who is higher ladder wants to use my team and send me some replays please doo)

Lycanroc OHKOes Gyrados despite Intimidate https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1330265004
i made stupid plays but luckily GLowbro cant get Toxic'd (103 turn stall war) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1330269148
again, my team isn't bad. I am.

Last edited:

Sulo

shifting stars
National Dex Leader
GASTRODON BALANCE
(
click sprites for team)
:ss/gastrodon: :ss/jirachi: :ss/rotom-heat: :ss/zarude-dada: :ss/slowbro-galar: :ss/primarina:
--
The main Pokemon being built around here is Gastrodon, as you can see here. I thought a steel would pair pretty well with it, that steel being Jirachi. Gastrodon resists fire and can take Surfs/Hydro Pumps/Scalds from Primarina, and can block Volt Switch for the rest of the team. Jirachi resists grass, provides rocks for Gastrodon to pile up on passive damage, and can take the Moonblasts/Draining Kisses that Gastrodon doesn't resist. Wish support is also really nice for Rotom-Heat so it can come in on the mons that it's supposed to check a lot more often, and heal up the rest of the team when they're in critical condition. Rotom-Heat provides hazard removal, a much needed ground immunity for a better MU vs. spikes-stacking teams, as well as a Scizor check and a Volt-Turn core w/ Scarf Zarude. The aforementioned Zarude serves as the speed control for the team, and can offensively check Primarina and break defensive Mew sets running around on BO and Balance teams. Galarian Slowrbro is the win-con I decided on for this team, specifically w/ Safety Goggles. Without that item, this team wouldn't have a way of safely switching in on Spore or risk getting punished by Sludge Bomb from Amoonguss. We all know how good this thing is...Scald + Sludge Bomb is a super punishing combo to switch in to, since both carry a 30% to burn and poison, respectively. Primarina is here for the general glue status, as well as ensuring that I don't immediately crumble to Clanger. It can absorb status for Gastrodon, Zarude, and Rotom, since the latter two have no means of immediately recovering back lost health (Pain Split is a bit circumstantial). It can also freely spam Scald and Moonblast by coming in on Zarude checks like Salamence, Clanger, and Moltres. This team is meant to play a pretty long game, with status being spread by Glowbro, Gastrodon, and Primarina, and pressure being put on the opposition through the Volt-Turn core implemented into this team.

Last edited:
T-Spikes Nihilego + Scarf Rocks Krook

This team is build around nihilego and krookodile hazard stacking. Nihilego pressures pokemon like moltes, moltres-g, tapu bulu, thundurus-t, and rhyperior with grass knot. I build the team around nihilego's weaknesses such as physical priority, aegislash, jirachi, krookodile, nidoqueen. Krookodile covers the first weakness and is the speed control and the stealth rock setter of the team. Nihilego pairs well with krookodile as it sets up toxic spikes for pokemon such as tangrowth, tapu bulu, buzzwole, and kommo-o. In return Krookdile pressures Pokémon that give it problems such as aegislash, jirachi, and nidoqueen. Krookodile also has access to knock, which helps weaken opponents whether that is removing their scarves, leftovers, or heavy-duty boots. Hattrene is the first win condition of this team utilizing its good typing of psychic/fairy to check Pokémon such as kommo-o, conkeldurr, and azelf. Magic Bounce keeps hazards at bay against kommo-o, mew, seismitoad and helps against stall which relies on hazards and passive for doing damage. Scizor is the second win condition of the team it provides the team with a very strong bullet punch that can revenge kill Pokémon such as nihilego, lycanroc-dusk, and worn down pokemon are all victim to it. SD provides scizor to set up on pokemon it can take advantage off such as Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu, Chansey, and it can use oppurtunities to set up on pokemon that it forces out such as lycanroc-d, tapu bulu, or Pokémon that are in range of bullet punch, such as salamence, krookodile, azelf, zygarde-10%. Tangrowth and Rotom-heat are the defensive Pokémon of this team, tangrowth stops such as zygarde-10%, Primarina, Tapu Bulu, and Thundurus. It can spread poisons with sludge bomb and cripple Pokémon with knock off, and check Calm Mind primarina, suicune, and keldeo with power whip and acts as a pivot to many pokemon to scout what their set could be such as keldeo, primarina, and thndurus. Rotom-Heat provides the team with a very valuable ground immunity against pokemon such as Krookodile, and Mamoswine and provides this team with a much needed scizor, and jirachi counter and provides momentum with volt switch and wears down its checks like rhyperior, seismitoad, and kommo-o with toxic.

:ss/haxorus: :ss/amoonguss: :ss/chansey: :ss/moltres: :ss/scizor: :ss/keldeo:

CHOICE BAND HAXORUS BALANCE

I'm back with another rather average team with a wild party feature. This time i have another wallbreaker, Haxorus. Unlike Metagross, Haxorus isn't as strong since it doesnt run an adamant nature (589 attack compared to Metagross' 607), and doesnt have dual stabs, and none of the bulk. However, Haxorus is MUCH faster, and has access to a great move in First Impression.

First impression allows haxorus to OHKO Azelf, 2HKO Grimmsnarl, And shut down scarf Zarude and Krookodile ad OHKO them. Outrage is a great stab move if no fairies or steels are left on the field and can OHKO defensive mence. EQ beats the Rotom Appliances (levitate isnt real because of mold breaker) and Close Combat does Close Combat things.

On my balance teams i like to have a Physical and Special walls, and amoongus and chansey serve as those respectively. chansey also provides rocks but can also run aromatherapy if you want it to. Moltres is also there for helping shut down physical attackers. Scizor is the Fairykiller, with just enough speed to beat out Azumarill. Keldeo is a normal Specs set, with Air slash instead of IcyWind because it hits more mons. However, this team is weak to offensive salamence so icy wind can be ran over airslash if you want.

:krookodile: :mew: :mienshao: :tangrowth: :steelix: :primarina: CB Krookodile + Fire Fang Steelix Spikes by myself, Monky25 and Sickist

Ok so before i get instantly dissmissed for posting Steelix, it is a Stealth Rock setter that beats Scizor and doesnt care about getting U-Turned on, can also get rocks up vs the very common Zarude, and can pivot into Nihilego, unlike Rhyperior, while crippling defoggers with Toxic. The team focuses on Knock Off spam to remove Heavy-Duty-Boots from the opponent's team, allowing CB Krookodile to break though with Future Sight support and Assurance's sheer power. Scarf Mienshao provides speed control and another Future Sight abuser, Tangrowth provides a sturdy Primarina check, and Resttalk Primarina provides a Knock Off absorber and switchin into common defoggers like Salamence and Moltres

DD Mence Bulky Offense
:mew: :zarude-dada: :magneton: :rhyperior: :salamence: :primarina:
Mew @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Roost
- Spikes

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Darkest Lariat
- Jungle Healing

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Teleport

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 152 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Roost

Primarina @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 120 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Scald

This is a team I've been messing with mostly on ladder and brought it against ojr for pspl. It was built around the core of future port Spikes Mew + Zarude + Magneton, a core I figured would be pretty good at breaking. Zarude was originally CB but had to change it for role compression. Most of Zarude checks hate both Spikes and Future Sight (Kommo-o, Buzzwole, Amoong) and Magneton removes Scizor, which would be rather unbothered by both if Boots. Since I'd put Magneton, I figured I should go all out and added DD Mence to the team. Intimidate + Roost gives it some consistency and allows it to function as a check to Zarude and to a few wallbreakers. Rhyperior and Rest Talk Prim round up the team, the former bringing Rocks, flying & fire types answer and some wallbreaking potential, the latter bringing key resists to some top threats (won't list them all they're pretty straightforward), status absorber while not being passive and synergising pretty damn well with Spikes, pressuring our few viable removers very well.

The goal is to weaken everything into Zarude or Mence's range late game. Depending on the matchup one of those will probably end up forcing trades in the midgame to open a path for the other. Be agressive enough against Scizor matchups to remove it quickly cause the team really don't like getting vortexed into U-Turns. Heat Crash > SD on Rhyp or Eject Button Mew can help with that (against bulky zor for option 2) if you feel like it's needed. Leading with Mew is often a very good call cause chances are your opponent won't risk Scizor t1, and putting immediate pressure with Spikes or Teleport is always great.

Got only two replays cause I never think of taking those:
against ojr : this game features a couple of big chokes on both sides (me assuming toge was scarf cause it outsped 286 mew when I forgot I clicked teleport on that turn & ojr not killing mag with flame earlier mostly) and a bit of rng, but it shows rather well how the team is supposed to work, and how unprepared some teams are against dd roost mence
against 7thfrontier : not exactly a long game but it showcases how one should pilot the team early on. My main goal here was just to remove aegi, get some minimal chip on Clanger and win w/ dd mence as soon as I could, since it can extremely easily set-up on locked krook, statusless heattom and Tangrowth. Nihilego is arguably scary for the team if Zarude loses its scarf but he either banked on the miss or didn't calc this here, I assume.
(also smacked TMM with this but he didnt take the replay that coward)

Last edited:

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For note: this is the new bazaar, post your new cool and epic teams here!

To make it not just a notification post, imma post one of the teams that i've enjoyed using a lot lately!

Mamo VoltTurn

:ss/nihilego: :ss/Zarude: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/scizor: :ss/salamence: :ss/mamoswine:

(why is zarude so big in comparison to everyone else)

Nihilego and Zarude make for ideal partners able to switch into each other's weaknesses for it relatively well Nihilego being able to take on opposing Fire and Flying-types like Salamence and Moltres and Zarude taking on Ground and Water-types like Keldeo and Krookodile. Rotom-W and Scizor create a classic VoltTurn core and make a solid, bulky offensive backbone. VoltTurn's purpose is to be great at gaining momentum, getting in big ol' Mamo to either break or clean up later, with Nihilego and Zarude also being able to pick off weakened teams. Salamence is there to click Defog and that's it please give us more defoggers and check a multitude of Pokemon in the tier.

The team does struggle a bit with switching into Specs Prim/Keldeo and Lycanroc-D, but it can be manageable with a bit of prediction and Zarude/Rotom-W can offensively check them and Mamo/Sciz can revenge kill with their priority moves, but the team in general functions quite well!

That's it for now, let's see some more rockin' teams!

Happy to be back and posting some fun teams in the bazaar :)

Team #1: Celebi Bulky Offense

:ss/Celebi: :ss/Salamence: :ss/Mienshao: :ss/Rotom-Heat: :ss/Seismitoad: :ss/Slowbro-Galar:

https://pokepast.es/3f56bbafb7489e26

Of course you know I had to build a Celebi team, and I was especially excited to do so after Scizor left, removing a major roadblock for Celebi in the previous UU meta. This team has Nasty Plot Celebi and Dragon Dance Salamence as win conditions. Celebi helps to remove the Water- and Rock-types that Salamence hates, and Salamence is able to break through the specially bulky roadblocks to Celebi such as Chansey, Umbreon, and Slowbro-Galar. Choice Scarf Mienshao and Rotom-Heat provide excellent VoltTurn pivot support, with Mienshao also acting as the team's Speed control and Knock Off switch-in, and Rotom-Heat providing Defog. Both also aid in removing the Steel-types that Celebi hates dealing with. Seismitoad provides a bevy of excellent supporting traits in Electric and Water immunities, bulk, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, and Scald. It strongly improves the team's matchup against rain and greatly helps against Thundurus. Finally, Assault Vest Slowbro-Galar acts as the team's bulky pivot and Primarina answer. It can handle many special attacks when needed to, and threaten just about everything with its amazing coverage, potential burns from Scald, and pressure from Future Sight.

Team #2: Choice Specs Gardevoir Balance

:ss/Gardevoir: :ss/Zarude: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Gastrodon-East: :ss/Salamence: :ss/Jirachi:

https://pokepast.es/39c7b0f0a00bf95a

I was really excited to see that Gardevoir was ranked in the viability rankings upon my return to UU, and I wanted to build a team with it. I knew I wanted to use it on balance, and I found Gastrodon to be an excellent partner for Gardevoir, as Gastrodon is able to sponge and recover from the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that threaten Gardevoir. Zarude handles Aegislash and Jirachi for Gardevoir nicely and provides some sturdy physical offense, while Gardevoir is able to pressure the Fighting-types that threaten Zarude. Aegislash provides some additional offensive backbone with its Ghost STAB, and aids the team in beating Chansey and Umbreon. Salamence is there to provide bulky Defog support and act as the team's Ground immunity, and Jirachi supports the team with Wish, Stealth Rock, solid defensive typing, and U-turn pivoting.

As an end note, the EVs on the more defensive Pokemon like Seismitoad and Gastrodon are something I am still playing with - I have just used the default EVs Showdown provides on these teams for now, so don't put too much stock in them if you end up using these teams :P

:entei: :tangrowth: :krookodile: :salamence: :jirachi: :primarina:

Gm. This is a squad that I threw together rather quickly but it works decently well (owned ramo (5-2 en uupl)) with it.

Band Entei is insanely hard to switch into, I like Flare Blitz over other coverage options, sleep talk or toxic for rawer damage output in some matchups, but the others can be extremely valuable. It also brings good utility with Extreme Speed for offense/rain matchups and burn chance which is always great early on. AV tang covers two of its greatest weaknesses (ground/water), brings utility through mostly Knock off and body slam para chance. Krook brings rock, form a good "aegi checking core" with av growth and is overall a great glue to most teams rn. Defog mence does the defog mence things, went for hurricane after a decent amount of test games and it sometimes helps, I wish I had dm in some matchups though. Scarf Jirachi brings speed control and is good at forcing (sometimes) favorable 50/50s against some scary breakers like lycan or mamo, the latter being able of running through this team with little effort. Primarina rounds up the team pretty well, brings an additional rain check in these bad weather times, notably helping against specs keld and kingdra. It also works as a good status absorber against fat and can force some good trades to put stuff in range of entei/jira if needed.

Team

Here is an "effective" sun team (as effective as matchup fishing weather can be). Most of the Pokémon are self-explanatory, but Chople Berry Cobalion is necessary to prevent this team from being 6-0'd by Lycanroc and Nihilego at team preview. It also helps to prevent hazards with Taunt. Hatterene is important to check Salamence and deter hazards setters, as well as being useful as a late game win condition. I prefer offensive Torkoal since it's actually pretty strong under sun, and Explosion is important for you to get a free turn into your sun abusers. Only other things to note is Scorching Sands on Charizard to maybe surprise Nihilego, and CB Darmanitan over scarf since it literally 2HKOs or OHKOs everything in the sun with Flare Blitz. Darmanitan is also a funny counter-lead in situations where your opponent leads Nidoking, Krookodile, or other Pokémon that do well versus Torkoal.

Anyways, enjoy the team. It's obviously matchup dependent and a bit gimmicky, but this is true for any weather team. I hope you guys have fun using this.

:primarina::crobat::aegislash::celebi::umbreon::zygarde-10%:
Team here

So I've finally decided to post my team here. I'd thought of putting it in the sample set submissions but even though it's good, it's janky as hell and honestly kinda unoptimised.

Primarina: The infamous Encore Primarina, here to throw wrenches into hyperoffense and pivot out. Water and Fairy typing are two of those things that are always nice to have, and a slow Flip Turn helps to get the wallbreakers in. Primarina has max HP EVs to take hits from the aforementioned hyperoffense, and some Def to check Wingbeat Mence, Krook and Crawdaunt better. Also helps with taking an attack while receiving Wish from Umbreon. Very important, btw. Primarina tends to get worn down quickly.

Crobat: The defogger and secondary revenge killer. Taunt shuts down lots of cheese, and using it on a Rotom switching in denies them their free Defog. It's got enough Speed EVs to outspeed Ribombee and deny its webs, with the rest being put into bulk so that Crobat can reliably switch in on Zarude.

Aegislash: The first wallbreaker. Can take a hit and hits back like a truck stacked to the brim with TNT. Outspeeds Adamant Azu and anything slower. The Modest nature is a personal choice, Mild or Rash work too.

Celebi: The rocker and Spdef wall. It's here to eat Amoongus' Spore, Zygarde's Thousand Arrows and Thundy's NP Thunderbolts. Psychic beats Amoongus and Leaf Blade gives the team a supereffective option against Water types, as well as mons that like to set up with Calm Mind. And mons that fall into both categories. It's EVed to outspeed Modest Nidoqueen, though that's a bit irrelevant now. Outspeeding Toxtricity is still somewhat useful though.

Umbreon: The wish-passer and mixed wall. Increases the team's longevity with both Wish and Heal Bell, sits in front of pretty much any attack, and generally just survives. It's mostly invested in Spdef so that it can take hits from Nidoking, with some Def investment for DD Gyarados and Mence.

Zygarde: The second wallbreaker and primary revenge killer. Decided to go with Superpower over Espeed since I wanted to nail Zarude and Krook, and Outrage is nice for cleaning up a match. Espeed wasn't getting used much anyways. Thousand Arrows spam is almost painfully boring at times, but Zygarde was just too good to give up. There aren't a lot of blazing fast Ground types here in UU after all.

Notable threats:
:obstagoon: Obstagoon hits everything really hard with its neutral coverage. Try not to let it in safely.
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr can switch in safely on Umbreon and force a sac. Double switching or pulling off mind games with Aegislash can prevent this.
:aegislash: Switches into Celebi easily and forces a 50/50 with Shadow Ball/Close Combat. The switch is fairly predictable though.
:lycanroc-dusk: Has the coverage to make your life a pain. You need to switch in a mon that can resist its attack, though your life is made easier if you know it has dropped Stone Edge, Close Combat or Crunch.

Also:
Specs Primarina is scary but Celebi can infinitely recover against it.
Leech Seed Steela walls you, but Celebi walls Steela right back.

NEW T-Spikes Nihilego + Scarf Krook

This team really benefits from scizor rising into OU, as it was one of this team's main weakness. The main change from the last team is the switch from scizor -> buzzwole as this team really needed offensive pressure. Tangrowth -> Amoonguss, to better check pokemon such as nidoking, keldeo, raikou, and its immunity to toxic is fantastic as well as in general not being as reliant on its item with its mixed bulk. Rotom-Heat -> Moltres was made because it is more offensive, has a better ability, and has a more consistent recovery in roost. It also punishes U-turn and contact attacks in general.

This team is build around nihilego and krookodile hazard stacking. Nihilego pressures pokemon like moltres, moltres-g, tapu bulu, thundurus-t, and gyarados with its stabs. I build the team around nihilego's weaknesses such as physical priority, aegislash, jirachi, krookodile, nidoqueen. Krookodile covers the first weakness and is the speed control and the stealth rock setter of the team. Nihilego pairs well with krookodile as it sets up toxic spikes for pokemon such as tangrowth, tapu bulu, buzzwole, and kommo-o. In return Krookdile pressures Pokémon that give it problems such as aegislash, jirachi, and nidoqueen. Krookodile also has access to knock, which helps weaken opponents whether that is removing their scarves, leftovers, or heavy-duty boots. Hattrene is the first win condition of this team utilizing its good typing of psychic/fairy to check Pokémon such as kommo-o, buzzwole, and azelf. Magic Bounce keeps hazards at bay against kommo-o, krookodile, seismitoad and helps against stall which relies on hazards and passive for doing damage. Buzzwole is on this team because it can help vs krook, conk, and daunt matchups and it can offensively pressure opposing teams very hard. It synergizes well with krookodile covering its major weaknesses in bug, fighting, and grass. Buzzwole is a very big threat especially when supported with t spikes to break through phys def tangrowth, defensive bulu, buzzwole itself, and offensive threats such as keldeo, primarina, and hattrene do not like coming in with a tspike up just to force it out. Not gonna repeat myself to much but Amoonguss, is a great check pokemon such as nidoking, keldeo, raikou, and its immunity to toxic is fantastic as well as in general not being as reliant on its item with its mixed bulk. Moltres was chosen on this team because it is an offensive threat, has a great ability, and has a recovery in roost. It also punishes U-turn and contact attacks in general.

Another one for you all, this one is a rain team!

Ferroseed Rain Offense

:ss/pelipper: :ss/ferroseed: :ss/thundurus-therian: :ss/keldeo: :ss/barraskewda: :ss/noivern:

https://pokepast.es/930c8697a4580f75

Really wanted to make use of Ferroseed in UU, and I remembered a rain sample team by Ruby Blood I'm quite fond of from BW OU, and I thought I could make a reasonably similar team in current UU! The biggest draws of Ferroseed are its ability to set up both Spikes and Stealth Rock, a very useful utility move in Knock Off, and perhaps most importantly, the ability to completely blank Amoonguss and use it to set up hazards. Pelipper is mandatory on rain, and I elected to go with Hurricane over Defog on it, as I wanted this to be a very fast-paced offensive rain team. I also wanted to use Thundurus-Therian with Agility like in the sample team, but Lycanroc-Dusk is a huge thorn in its side right now, so I opted to give it a Charti Berry so that it can stomach one Rock-type attack from Lycanroc-Dusk to KO it in return:
252+ SpA Thundurus-Therian Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lycanroc-Dusk: 303-357 (104.1 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Lycanroc-Dusk Accelerock vs. 4 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus-Therian: 138-164 (46 - 54.6%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Lycanroc-Dusk Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus-Therian: 265-312 (88.3 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
With a Charti Berry, Thundurus-Therian can avoid being revenge KO'd by Lycanroc-Dusk's Accelerock even after boosting with Agility, and only gets KO'd by Stone Edge 20% of the time (25% x 80% accuracy), while always being able to KO Lycanroc-Dusk in rain with Thunder thanks to Thundurus-Therian's Modest nature. Choice Specs Keldeo and Choice Band Barraskewda are there to aid as rain wallbreakers/sweepers. I opted to go with Ice Fang over Psychic Fangs on Barraskewda to KO Salamence while still hitting the Grasses and Kommo-o supereffectively. Finally, I wanted to ensure that Ferroseed's hazard stacking efforts didn't go to waste, so I wanted a Pokemon that could deal with the common Defoggers in Salamence and the Rotom formes. I chose Noivern for this role since it outspeeds all 3, can prevent Defog attempts from them with Taunt, and can threaten heavy damage on them with Draco Meteor, while not being dealthy afraid of Volt Switch from the Rotom formes. Overall I'm very happy with the team and look forward to using it more!

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
After talking to esta and twi about mixed soul clanger I tried my hand at it and it instantly became one of my favorite Pokémon to use. With the October shift getting closer and closer, I decided I might as well drop some teams I built in the past few weeks since the tier is bound to change even if just a bit. All the teams below have the importables on the sprites.

icon jirachi.png
This is a cool webs squad. the bee is a pretty good setter rn, since you can avoid hatt magic bounce and fuck over beast boost mons with skill swap. you can also slot stun spore for azelf in place of bug buzz since it helps kommo-o and diggs sweep against stuff like azelf and noivern, which are immune to webs. i then added clanger and jirachi for some hwish and speed support. the key to use this team as best as possible is to find a mon that can't really hurt clanger like zarude and washer and set up a clang soul on them. from then, you can proceed to smash shit really hard, as a +1 clanging scales stings all neutral targets. when you feel like clanger is getting too low, you can usually switch out to sack something and bring rachi in for free or go hard rachi and just scarf hwish. most times you'll be able to just send clang after and break the opposing team again. the rest of the team act as cleaners, but diggs and lycan might also use the hwish support if they can make more progress than clanger can.

icon jirachi.png
I built this team for esta and also found some good success with it. BU zarude and mbeam nihi are deadly setup sweepers, and the psychic seed boost that zarude gets is very useful to deal with amoong and lets you virtually 1v1 tangrowth. mbeam nihi under psyterrain is pretty scary if you manage to weaken the steels with zarude. aegi eases my scarf shao matchup since it otherwise kinda owns me. clanger and hwish rachi are the same as the last team: setup with clanger, break, get hwish from indeedee or rachi, break again. if aegi gets too chipped, hwish lets it use its wp again if it can't live stuff like shao's knock.

Yo, it's one of your local Sneasel cultists presenting to you all a webs team I have enjoyed a lot in this current meta. With tier shifts just around the corner, I figured that some people may be feeling weary of the meta and just looking for fun teams to use in the meantime, so what better way to spice things up than with an optimized Sneasel team full of Life Orb spam?!

Slurpuff: This is the web setter of choice for the team. It's running a Red Card here since focus sash isn't always guaranteed to activate its Unburden and card can help it generate momentum for the team once it explodes. Endeavor can be useful in some matchups to keep things weakened for some of the other mons on the team. Magic Coat is there to prevent hazards and tends to have the upper hand against other leads. The EV spread seems weird, but I opted for a bulkier variant since its natural bulk allows it to set up webs against most of the tier without needing sash; the spread lets it live a specs Keldeo hydro pump, but the hp also lets it live any hit from mons like Jirachi/Cobalion so that it's able to prevent rocks from these mons rather well. The card can let it come in on most neutral moves and can even come in handy in dealing with opposing set up.

Jirachi: Rachi is almost always the follow up to puff's boom in that its role on the team is to keep up your hazards and prevent defog. This thing is truly what makes the team work in that Meteor Beam allows it to take out the most common hazard removal mons like Salamence, Rotoms, and Moltres, and its coverage options allows it to keep up pressure as well after performing its role. Only defoggers above 100 base speed can deny this role from being fulfilled, which are rare. This set is rather potent and serene grace Shadow Ball can make this thing difficult to switch into if the opponent tries playing around Mbeam. Against teams that run multiple mons that learn defog (Molt + Rotom-w, etc.), you may have to guess which one is the removal. Rotom-wash is the most troublesome of the the common removers, so Mbeam timimg becomes crucial in this matchup since rotom can live any hit from rachi unboosted, so you really have to time it perfectly; sometimes you can continuously Mbeam boost to prevent defog, but this is the least likely scenario.

Mimikyu: Its primary role here is to prevent rapid spin from mons like Tentacruel and Regieleki, but having priority and disguise really helps the team out a lot. Disguise comes in handy against most weather teams, and is overall useful as a "bail out" for troublesome situations. This is also a priority user, so this thing can be a wincon in most matchups, but sometimes it's forced onto the field to keep up your hazards.

Diggersby: Another priority user with an insane damage output, can also be a wincon in some matchups, but serves as a breaker in other matchups. This also improves the Zygarde matchup since it's able to live a banded Thousand Arrows and naturally helps with Regieleki since it can be problematic for most offense teams that rely on setting up. An extra ghost resist never hurts to have as well.

Sneasel: Sneasel was added here mainly because it was able to outspeed Thundy-I, but it's proven to be quite the menace in UU considering its speed tier and stab combination. It's running Aerial Ace here in that +2 in combo with Life Orb gets good rolls against some of its checks like Buzzwole and Keldeo after rocks, and helps open the way for Diggs and Nido to do their thing on this team. Sneasel tends to have an advantage in webs mirror matches where the opponent sets up webs, its a very strong pick for the team overall.

Nidoking: The focus of the team here is running a Hone Claws set that makes it a very capable wallbreaker for the team. Nido often paves a way for mons like mimi and diggs to clean late game, and the HP investment allows it to take on Thundy-t and unboosted dd Mence for the team. No other ground or poison type in the tier seem to come close to the amount of things that this HC set can break, and almost always puts in work anytime it comes on to the field even if it doesn't always gets to set up and just needs to damage something to put them in range of one of your priority attacks.

HO teams are bound to have bad matchups, but this team does do well against most balance, BO, HO builds; only weather, stall, trick room, and really bulky builds tend to be tougher matchups, but they can be winnable. Most rain matchups rely on Mimi and how they play Barraskewda if present, and against sun Mimi will usually be used early on to stop Torkoal's spin, and helps with Venusaur as well. Puff can lead against most teams, though if the opponent has something that threatens it super-effectively like a Nidoking/Roserade/offensive Aegislash/etc. leading with something else tends to be more ideal when you consider that puff isn't sash here. If they have a fast defogger, webs likely go up later on in the match. Sneasel could probably run Ice Shard here if you wanted to improve the matchup against faster defoggers, but aerial ace is nice to have in my experiences with the team. That's about it!

Hope y'all enjoy and thank you for reading!

Katy

Banned deucer.
FWG-VoltTurn Bulky Offense with Rocky Helmet Amoonguss and Celesteela

:amoonguss: :celesteela: :mamoswine: :primarina: :mienshao: :rotom-heat:
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Trick

Fire Water Grass Core, basically the classic, with help of Rocky Helmet Amoonguss, Celesteela, and Mamoswine. This Teams is built with Mamoswine and Mienshao, coupled with Rotom-Heat and Primarina. Primarina is the strong wallbreaker on this team helping with many Pokemon in this tier, as its strong SpA-stat mens, no switchins are safe from it due to its excellent Dual STAB and coverage. Mamoswine sets Stealth Rocks for the team and pressures weakened faster Pokemon with priority in Ice Shard such as Kommo-o, Krookodile, Noivern, and Regieleki. Heattom helps with Defog support and can cripple a plethora of Pokemon with Trick to make them choice-locked, such as Chansey and Nihilego. Amoonguss helps with strong breakers such as Tapu Bulu and can also help with Tangrowth, Keldeo, and opposing Primarina. Furthermore the Mushroom can also help in checking Fighting-types such as Kommo-o, Buzzwole, and Conkeldurr. Celesteela helps checking those as well and relieves some pressure from Amoonguss.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Heyo, I'll dump teams here which I've built w alkazoth before the shifts.
:ss/entei::ss/starmie::ss/amoonguss::ss/moltres-galar::ss/rhyperior::ss/klefki:
This team was made originally by alkazoth, but I've helped quite a bit on this. So the main idea was make an SpikeStack team with Entei, as it's a very powerful breaker with lots of neat tools such as Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed while also learning coverage in order to hit it's checks. Amoonguss + Starmie + Rhyperior is overall a neat defensive core to beat Keldeo, Entei, Primarina, Mienshao and Buzzwole while also offering defensive support with Spore, Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin in three slots, which is quite valuable for an offensive team like this one as it helps Entei and Goltres to break (Rhyperior brings Volt Switch immunity too btw). Goltres is overall a nice NP setup sweeper able to beat Aegislash and Klefki can check (sort of) Kommo-O and Noivern while also offering Spikes support. You can run Eject Button in Amoongus if u want btw.

:ss/umbreon::ss/togekiss::ss/azumarill::ss/rotom-wash::ss/jirachi::ss/rhyperior:
So we've been building around Umbreon, as it's a very good defensive glue able to handle a good portion of the metagame (Aegislash, Azelf, Mamoswine, Gyarados and Jirachi) while also offering Wish support and Toxic is lowkey annoying on this thing. Togekiss Bell NP allows Umbreon to run Toxic as it can heal the status's teammate. Azumarill Band is just a ''go brrr'' breaker thanks to it's highkey unwallable double stab and Knock Off combination. Washtom is best defogger so it should be very self-explanatory. Rachi Scarf is speed control able to revenge kill foes such as Gyarados and Azelf and Rhyperior is just a neat wincon with it's double STAB and Rocks is always nice to have.

:ss/sylveon::ss/aegislash::ss/rotom-wash::ss/jirachi::ss/tangrowth::ss/krookodile:
So we've found SubCM Sylveon to be a strong-ish wincon thanks to it's Fire-Fairy coverage while also offering cool defensive utility by checking Primarina SubCM, Mienshao, Goltres, Buzzwole and Amoonguss can get lured by this thing. Then I wanted a solid backbone able to support Sylveon, so Aegislash + Washtom came out to our mind, as they are able to wear down the Sylv checks while also offering Toxic and pivot support in two slots. We've found Body Slam SR Jirachi to be a neat pick as it doesn't get stopped by Taunt while also paralyzing Krookodile (this is specially nice vs Scarf Krook), which is lowkey nice rn, you can run Nihilego over Jirachi tho as it beats Mence. Tangrowth AV PhsyDef was an idea which I've brought up in order to check Specs Primarina and Lycanroc-Dusk (it's EV Spread is meant to tank two CC's from Lycan-Dusk after rocks or 1 layer of Spikes) while also having cool stuff such as Knock Off. Krookodile Scarf offers Electric-inmunity and it can also revenge kill foes such as Nihilego, LO Mienshao and Jirachi.

:ss/sneasel::ss/hatterene::ss/chansey::ss/rotom-wash::ss/reuniclus::ss/celesteela:
Sneasel Band is finally ranked! So we've decided to build around it as it pulls some neat anti-meta techs to beat Mence, Thundurus, Tornadus and Krookodile. Triple Axel + Icicle Crash is for consistency stuff even tho Poison Jab over any of both can work. Hatterene CM came to our mind as a Buzzwole check while also having Magic Bounce to prevent rocks, which is very nice for Band Sneasel as it's very weak to rocks. Chansey brings pivoting support while also checking foes such as Primarina. Washtom Defog is here in order to bring Defog support and to not rely in Hatterene for Hazzard control. Reuniclus AV Future Sight allows Sneasel to pull a ''mini Weavile + Slowtwin'' and provides it Future Sight support in order to get rid of it's checks / counters such as Buzzwole. Celesteela is on the last slot as it can be an okay Krookodile check while also being an Aegislash counter and it can pseudo-check Nihilego too.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)