New UU List (September 2010)

Mehh Heracross in UU is going to be both fun and frustrating. Nidoqueen with Aerial Ace in that empty last slot is definitely the best counter for Heracross, even setting up on choiced ones. Second best would probably be that defensive Arcanine that used to counter Gallade. Doubt it will be as broken as Cresselia or Yanmega or even Staraptor, but I'm going to guess it's gonna be better than Gallade, who is now BL.
Should be fun :)

Heracross is just going to wreck through the metagame. The only way he will stay UU is if Weezing does his job of countering Hera right, but when Weezing burns Hera, Heracross will just activate Guts and destroy.

Guess they finally caught on that Quick Feet Ursaring was the shit in NU. Damn Im going to miss using that bear.

xD I'm laughing about Heracross falling. I don't play UU anymore, but I'm definitely going to follow this to see if it gets a quickban or something else. And I want to see ladder statistics after this. I'm predicting 50% Heracross usage.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only reason Cresselia didn't get the quick hook was because we didn't have a process at the time. If a reasonable process gets developed in time I would see nothing wrong with it (but obviously if it didn't happen with Cresselia I do doubt it'll happen here). I'll talk to Aeolus about Heracross and tour.

Heracross drop to UU may also help to rise one pokemon, which earlier was almost non-existent. This pokemon is Dusclops. For first it can handle every single hit without problems except Swords Dance Flame Orb Night Slash (and CB Night Slash may be also troublesome). If Heracross as a Swords Dancer will run standard Close Combat/Megahorn/Facade, then Dusclops is FULL stop to Heracross, which is quite impressive. Weezing (or Nidoqueen) + Dusclops secures, that UU Stall won't be totally annihilated by Heracross, as with Night Slash Weezing/Nidoqueen handles it, without it Dusclops handle him. And as a last resort pokemon, Gligar may also work - at worst Gligar speed ties with Heracross, which isn't that bad is some critical situations. If Gligar runs Scarf - we have another good Heracross check. But yeah, Heracross is really interesting addition to UU, as he may force some players to be more creative in countering him ;).

jolly life orb swords dance megahorn deals 52.1% - 61.6% to 252/252+ dusclops which is a guaranteed 2hko with sr and a likely 2hko without sr. what is dusclops doing back to heracross? night shade at best, which deals just under 1/3rd of heracross's total hp. so it's a check... a pretty shitty one at that

fire punch does 33.9% - 40.5% which is hardly any better
hp flying gets you 46.5% - 55.8% kinda laughable considering heracross is 4/0 and that's a 4x se attack
(hint: those two attacks make you completely worthless against the rest of the tier since dusclops needs 3 attack so survive already while other pokemon are slightly more willing to sac a moveslot

if you wanna go overspecialized heracross counter you might as well just use aa nidoqueen... at least that ensures heracross will probably be taking itself down with nidoqueen after you whack it around with goddamn aerial ace for 62.5% - 74.4%

actually gligar is pretty good -- aerial ace deals 87.7% - 103.7% to heracross while +2 lo sd cc is only 51.5% - 60.8%. too bad facade is a nice ole 92.8% - 109.3%. the two speed tie so if youre feeling lucky i guess you can go jolly max speed

jolly life orb swords dance megahorn deals 52.1% - 61.6% to 252/252+ dusclops which is a guaranteed 2hko with sr and a likely 2hko without sr. what is dusclops doing back to heracross? night shade at best, which deals just under 1/3rd of heracross's total hp. so it's a check... a pretty shitty one at that
I would probably first Pain Split, as it would allow you to avoid this 2OHKO and Heracross base HP isn't bad. After this you may Night Shade (or Fire Punch/HP Flying it), which will leave Heracross on quite low health. True, it may outpredict you and just Swords Dance... but Pain Split will take a bit of health. I still think that Dusclops is solid idea if played right. But yeah, it's really niche pokemon and finding place for it on other teams then stall ones is almost impossible.

I guess the usage of Weezing, Moltres and random Aerial Ace/HP Flying users will increase... thanks Heracross.

Also we'll have to think twice before spamming Toxic/Will-o-Wisp everywhere :D

It's to early to judge how the metagame will be but I bet Heracross will be the most used poké on the UU ladder next month.

EDIT: I've just read some posts above mine,Weezing outclasses Dusclops and Nidoqueen because not only it resists Fighting and Bug moves but is also and not weak to Night Slash/Earthquake and can deal a lot of damage with moves like Fire Blast. But yeah I know Guts boosted Facade deals a ton of damage...

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heracross is by far going to be the most used Pokemon in UU .... also, lol at Slowking: It just came to UU and then went back to NU.

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
This makes me quite sorry actually. Flash back to early DP and Heracross was the MAN. Now, after scraping the OU barrel for months he has been dropped to UU and won't even be allowed to live out the rest of his DP life as an OU/BL and all players who join in Black and White will never know what a beast he really was.
Farewell sweet Bug Fighter and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

This makes me quite sorry actually. Flash back to early DP and Heracross was the MAN. Now, after scraping the OU barrel for months he has been dropped to UU and won't even be allowed to live out the rest of his DP life as an OU/BL and all players who join in Black and White will never know what a beast he really was.
Farewell sweet Bug Fighter and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
There's nothing stopping you from using it in OU if you want to...

Dammit, Qwilfish is UU again. Stop using it dammit. Who wants to use lolGlailie to Spike? Nobody. You wouldn't want to make every NUer cry because Qwilfish is gone, right? RIGHT?

Ugh...Qwilfish...Kanga...Ursaring...I'll miss you...

At least one NU poke I didn't like, Scarfape, is no more.

NU had Mil-king, now it's got Rock-King, and I daresay, it's got all the walling potential of ScarmBliss, but isn't weak to mixed attackers, AND can hit back. No pokemon in NU can defeat both Slowking and Regirock [In the sand] without prior set-up.

Toxic? Regirock will carry Rest, and good NU Stall will probobly carry Vileplume, who can use Aromatheraphy, and absorb T-Spikes.

Fighting and Ground-type attacks? Regirock isn't OHKO'ed by even Banded Hitmonchan's Close Combat.

Grass type attacks? Not gonna topple Slowking before he Ice Beams you to death, or Regirock.

Electric and Bug type Attacks? Nope. Regirock shrugs them off.
Go Cacturne!

Swords Dance!

Fuck you Regiking!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
However, many Pokemon decided they wanted to leave NU and join the ranks of UU. Exeggutor, Kangaskhan, Primeape, Qwilfish, and Ursarang have all risen in usage to be no longer considered NU, and are once again UU.
Just letting you know that

Ursaring is misspelled.

Cool deal.

Guys flying types is one of the definitions of UU. I can see Heracross being a good member of UU. Calling it now, It won't go straight back up unless it sees a rise in OU usage. Ok now to make my own custom set for UU.

Also what does this mean for this weeks tour?

Too bad Smeargle didn't drop, well either way Heracross is going to rape UU, I hope he isn't allowed in this weeks tour though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)