New to competitive, please help me see and fix weakness on my team.

As the title says, I'm joining competitive play this season, and so far am not getting such good results. My latest iteration is this team below. Is the team not good enough? Or is it just skill issue?

Iron Bundle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Quark Drive
Level: 50
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
Iron Bundle is a very fast sweeper, focus sash means it can usually take down two enemies with it. Usually I don't tera it, as it doesn't stay in the field for long

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Protect
- Throat Chop
- Tailwind
RM is one of my strongest attackers with tera-stab acrobactics, and while not tera'd stab throat chop handles things like indedee and gothitelle pretty well

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Clear Smog
Honestly I use amoonguss more as a rage powder setter, because apparently everyone is scared of spore

Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Brick Break
GT is my main Iron Bundle Counter, many hydro cannon it, leaving it vulnerable against a close combat. Also handles Arcanine and Iron Moth well

Farigiraf @ Throat Spray
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyper Voice
- Imprison
- Psychic
Newest addition to the team, made to counter iron hand fake out alongside my Iron Bundle's encore, and also as a trick room stopper/ reverser when needed

Iron Hands @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Iron Head
Iron hands is the bulkiest of the team, fake out works wonders for stopping threats, wild charge handles other iron bundle, and iron head handles flutter mane. I like to keep it in the back, and only send it out when needed, as in many endgames it is what makes the difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestion you can give me! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Some advice, while making the title, set the prefix (on the left side) to what every format this team was created around (i.e. natdex, ag, nu, etc). Also try to create at least three lines explaining the role, usefulness, or the Pokemon in general, for each Pokemon, as if not, this will probably be locked by a moderator.

All I can say for sure is Great Tusk needs(and HAS access to!) coverage, it's unviable to run 2 of each STAB. You don't take EQs so well,, so I'd keep Headlong Rush. CC or Brick Break is trickier, I'll leave it to others, but both is not great.

Having Iron Bundle as a pure sweeper really hurts you. I'd replace Protect with Icy Wind for some speed control, and if you're running Hydro Pump you might as well replace Freeze-Dry with Blizzard. Also, replace the Focus Sash with Booster Energy so you can outspeed almost anything, even scarfed Chi-Yu.
As for Roaring Moon, he's pretty good as is. Maybe replace Throat Chop with Crunch, in case you want the occasional stat drop. And if you want to play more offensive, replace Protect with Outrage.
Honestly, Amoongus is fine as is. Really smart Tera, btw. Actually, scratch that, replace RH with Sitrus Berry. You want Amoongus to stay in as long as possible.
As for Great Tusk... yeah, I agree with Omastar68. Keep Headlong Rush and Brick Break, for damage and screen breaking. Replace Earthquake with Play Rough to beat other GT's or Paradox mons, and ditch CC for Heavy Slam for those pesky Fairy mons. Also maybe a defensive Tera Steel.
Only thing about Farigiraf: why Imprison?? Why not Thunder Wave for speed control?
If you're going for an endgame sweeper in Iron Hands, go for Assault Vest instead of Sitrus Berry. It really helps with its abysmal Special Defense. I don't usually see Iron Head on Hands, very abstract. Noice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)