New strategy ~

I've got really good results with this strategy, managing to keep long streaks and make my way up through the ladder, so, after some requests, I decided to publish it for your use and appreciation!

Latios (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 164 Def / 4 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Roar
- Memento

Diglett (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def
Sassy Nature
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
-
-

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
-
-

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 160 Def / 92 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Ingrain

Gothitelle (M) @ Iron Ball
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Charm
- Thunder Wave
-

Medicham @ Wide Lens
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Bullet Punch ?? Maybe something else

** Strategy **

The strategy is simple. The whole team is dedicated to making a simple goal possible: passing belly drum to Medicham. If you manage to do so, you practically won the game. To make it possible,

1. set up Light Screen / Reflect with Latios and use memento
2. chose Digglet - use memento
3. send Dugtrio - same - use memento
4. send Smeargle

Notice your foe is trapped the whole time so he can do nothing but watch his attack/sp.attack drop all the way down to -6. After that, because of Memento's mechanics, you will be able to send Smeargle with full health against a practically useless foe. So, yes, we just sacrificed 3 Pokémon for a single free turn. Fortunately, that turn will give us the battle.

5. substitute - belly drum (salac berry activates) - baton pass -> Medicham
6. ???
7. **YOU FUCKING WON, MOTHERFUCKER**

The best your opponent can do on the substitute turn is switching. So what is left is the usual strategy: you belly drum as he breaks your subs, baton pass to Medicham and then sweep the fuck out of his team. The whole time since after you use the first Memento, your opponent is completely unable to react in any meaningful way til your victory.

** Why Medicham **

1920 atk
388 spd
Hi-Jump Kick with FUCKING 130 base power and 99 accuracy (because of Wide Lens)
Unresisted Ice+Electric punchesPriority move
Nothing on earth can stop that fucker.

** Why NOT Medicham? **

The only problem is that a sufficiently smart opponent that does EVERYTHING right will be able to land a single hit on Medicham. You can go fuck-it mode and use Kyurem-B instead, or something with Focus Sash (maybe Medicham itself?)

** Problems **

Of course the strategy is not perfect. I've managed to win 6/7 battles so far, but some things can still go wrong. If your locked foe flies or has levitate, you need to send Gothitelle before the dugs and pass Iron Ball to it. This will make Arena Trap work again. Also, you'll need to send Dugtrio first, because Focus Sash could be wasted on the switch, so you will need its speed. Notice Gothitelle can be used to Thunder Wave and Charm some tricky foes, as an amend if anything goes wrong. The Pokémon facing Smeargle will probably switch out and, if your opponent is smart enough, he will send a roarer. If this happens, use Ingrain. Then open the chat and joyfully type: NO. Also, as I said, while, most of the time, it won't happen, Medicham could still get a hit . I'm thinking in how to close that gap. There are possibly many other unidentified problems, but the team has lots of room for changes so as I test and find new vulnerabilities I will update it accordingly. The biggest problem, though, is that, apparently, using this team will make your mother extremely thirsty for teenager gamers. I'm not sure how to deal with that.

Hope you like~

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nyttyn's pokemon used Protect!

Medicham kept going and crashed...

and obviously you can use choice band scizor or w/e to put on hurt, and of course any Choice Scarfer with >70 base speed that can OHKO medicham (read: almost all of them) will stop it...

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Nyttyn's pokemon used Protect!

Medicham kept going and crashed...

and obviously you can use choice band scizor or w/e to put on hurt, and of course any Choice Scarfer with >70 base speed that can OHKO medicham (read: almost all of them) will stop it...
Don't forget about u-turn in general to stop memento, anything with a multihit move that can outspeed diglett/dugtrio (Cloyster post-smash), entry hazards to deal with sashes, or (if you wanna be super-niche about it) Spinda. Also ghost types after a confirmed hi jump lock.

Last edited:
Also, Skarmory says hi! (or anything else with whirlwind/roar + a hazard that is immune to arena trap)

Smashpass'ed Nidoking does the job _much_ better than a belly drum medicham does, it can blow up all of OU bar chansey/blissey and rotom-W and out-speeds everything up to and including Choice Scarf Keldeo/other 108s with a Modest nature. It is also immune to thunderwave, toxic, doesn't care about a burn and resists SR.
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 SPA / 252 Spe / 4 hp Modest.
-Earth Power
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Robqq

Please stop trying to create laddering gimmicks. Please!

I really hate running into these teams while laddering.

I saw something like that a long time ago , but instead of running two identical sets on both of the diglett family members, the dude had a sub-hone claws dugtrio that set ups with the help of choice item tricking support from gothorita

This type of chain memento set only really works in hackmons where you can run shadow tag on everything, even the stat upper
Otherwise, smash pass to something like, nidoking or even alakazam could do better, you still need to deal with too many priority users and scarfers in OU anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)