Gen 4 New glitch discovery - Lv80 Arceus now obtainable in D/P

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7770.0

Surprised no one's posted this already - it's been out for four days and has an effect on Gen IV Ubers.

TL;DR: GCL Forums user Cryo discovered how to encounter Arceus through the tweaking/void glitch, something that was believed impossible for over eight years. Lv80 Arceus (= Arceus with unrestricted EVs) is now legal in Gen IV Ubers in exactly the same way that Pomeg glitch Egg moves are legal in Little Cup. So long, Lv100 Farceus with gimped EVs.

The details are all in the GCL Forums link; the notable bits:
  • Significant because there's two discoveries here made within days of each other - before 2017, no one had figured out how to legally reach the Hall of Origin in the void, and it was known that even cheating to warp to the Hall of Origin wouldn't make Arceus battleable. (The scripts in the area that uniquely tilt the camera angle and initiate the [!] over the player's head when they step on the glass platform don't activate unless the Azure Flute script has also been run. You can walk right up to the Arceus sprite, but it will do nothing, just like in the actual event.)
  • Hall of Origin was reached by using a couple of discovered ways to dynamically change the layout of areas in the void. Actually battling Arceus upon reaching the Hall of Origin was done using the brand new Pal Park Retire glitch, where visiting Pal Park in the void (activating the script that puts Retire into the menu), then traveling elsewhere and using Retire from the menu in a different area will make the game run some script located in that area instead. Lo and behold, using Retire in the Hall of Origin corresponds to the script where the player gets the [!] over their head and walks up and challenges Arceus.
Here we are.

Last edited:
Ah crap, I didn't think to look at the Policy Review section; I just hopped on Ruins of Alph, saw no posts on this, and made this. :P Heading there now to take a look!

Last edited:
It doesn't hurt to post it here though, since not everyone has PR posting access.

Personally, I don't see why a glitch-only Arceus would be allowed. In almost all cases pokemon that are only obtainable via glitches are not allowed, with the most notable instances being RBY and GSC, where the game basically becomes hackmons if you allow glitched pokemon to be played, as you can theoretically do almost anything with arbitrary code execution (certainly give any pokemon any moveset). I don't see why a pokemon that is distinguished based on stats ought to be any different

obvious caveat here is that I don't actually play gen 4 ubers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)