Neverused Battle Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Neverused Frontier Challenge! P1 - Battle Castle

Art by FLCL
It’s been a long trek. It’s taken you ages to gather up the 8 badges required to challenge the league; and even longer still to prepare yourself for it. But you did it – you finally did it you conquered the champion proving you have skills to compete with your regions finest. You bear the long agonising journey back home your lifelong ambition (at least of your young life ) fulfilled.

You check in with your loved ones back at home – they appear to be in possession of a letter, the letters B and F emblazoned on the back of the envelope, could the rumours be true?. You decide to sleep on it; after all you’ve had a really tiring trek back home. Morning rolls around and after a quick meal you open the letter.

Dear ________,

You’ve been formally invited to the Grand opening of the Battle Frontier you possess the required skill level we are looking for please find included a Boat pass, please make your way to the nearest major port and show this to one of the workers there and wait for the next boat out.

Soon at the Docks you find your way onto the boat and after a lengthy boat journey you arrive at the frontier gate. Judging by the masses of other people you weren’t the only one to get this prestigious invite. You follow the masses to the front gates. You wait in line until called forward to the registration desk. The blonde haired receptionist hands you a registration form and a Battle Recorder.

Username:

Favourite Pokémon:

TimeZone:

Alt: (BC)_<USERNAME>

“Be Wary of any special Rules when you enter each facility...and make sure you hand this into the receptionist in each facility, you’ll need a unique ID ” The receptionist says, handing you the now complete battle recorder.

You gaze at the five facilities around you, each of them looming directly over you like a mountain that you must surmount. You approach the less intimidating one, The Battle Castle and step inside. After greeting the receptionist you hand over your battle recorder as she registers your Castle ID within it.

“You’ll have to leave your Pokémon here –You’ll have to use the rentals”

You notice a sign which reads Rules.

· Current NU Tier rules apply.

· Your Aim in this facility is to use BP to create a team and beat the Battle Castle Head. You will be limited to a certain amount of BP and can increase this amount by completing various tasks.

· The only alt I will be counting for Battle Castle Ladder Challenges will be the Singular Battle Castle alt (Battle_Castle_<Username>) you can test teams on other alts, but this is the only alt I will count towards Ladder bonuses.

· You can only use Pokémon obtained in this Challenge on the Battle Castle Alt – anyone using something they haven’t obtained within the Battle Castle Challenge will be subject to disqualification.

· Wager battles may be made with other competitors within the facility and are in fact encouraged. A person will lose if they have 0 total assets (No Money left to buy mons / have any mons left)

· After a few days people may challenge the Battle Castle Leader for the print. All challenges against the Castle Leader will have stakes (You lose, you lose something) If you win against the Castle Leader, then you have earned your print and no longer have to participate in the facility. The Battle Castle leader can use any team they like and may use multiple teams of their own design

· You may change sets on any mons you have, but not the mons themselves (Unless you have purchased them)

Fancy adding to the challenge?

If, in your signup you fancy adding something to this challenge to make it a little more complex - just post saying what you want included - You can Choose from the following options;

· Price changes – Prices may rise / fall throughout the challenge
· (1/15) Item Purchasing – Currently you have unlimited amount of Items, however with this you get a basic item pack to start yourself off with – and then you can sell your items for additional BP (You won’t be able to sell your items if this wasn’t implemented)
· (3/15) Dream World lockdown – Dream World abilities will not be released until you buy the rights to access them.
· (2/15) Limited Pokémon - Limit the amount of Pokémon available to use (ie, only 5 Jynx available)

A Vote of 15+ users is required for something to come into effect.

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You take a stroll up to the shop, hand over your battle recorder and ask the attendant there how much BP you have available. A quick blip and a glance at the screen in front of you indicates that at the beginning of the challenge you begin with 750 BP. You ask the clerk if there was any way to increase the amount you have already, or if this was it. The clerk smiles at you, “Of course you can, and there are many ways to do this,

Daily BP Increases

• Basic set allowance – You will get +50 BP every 2 days. This amount increases depending on the Pokémon you have purchased (See price list for details) (Mon / Weds / Fri and Sun)
  • Wager Battles – You can challenge other members for Pokémon and BP using your Battle_Castle_(User) alt. There is no limit on the amount of times you can challenge a user, or how much you can take from a member in one go.

Weekly Increases

• Ladder Challenges – You can get up to 300 Extra BP a Week determined by your rank on the ladder using teams created and used here (Your Battle_Castle_(User) alt is the only one that will qualify) The formula used will be (300 – [Ladder Rank]) +1 . So if you’re ranked at 50 you will get 251 Extra BP Per week. However, you must be in the top 100 to qualify. (Every Thursday)

The clerk then hands you a pricelist. You vaguely remember something about a viability ranking as you look down the list.

“All prices are per pokémon in the ranking so if you wanted Jynx – she’d cost 750BP and you’d have to save up for a Scolipede.”

Bundles
Turtle Bundle - 1000 BP
(+200)
- Contains Torterra, Wartortle, Torkoal and Carracosta
Bird Bundle - 1000 BP (+200)
- Contains Bravairy / Swellow / Mandibuzz and Swanna
BIRD Bundle (2) - 750 BP (+150)
- Contains Dodrio / Murkrow / Articuno and Altaria
Not bird Bundle - 1000 BP (+200)
- Contains Drifblim / Charizard / Rotom - Fan and Golbat
[new] Rainy Day Bundle
-Contains Gorebyss / Ludicolo / Illumise and Seismitoed
[new] Sunny Day Bundle
- Contains Regirock / Volbeat / Sawsbuck and Victreebel

S-rank

Top – 750 BP (+150 BP Daily Allowance)

Mid – 700 BP (+ 140 BP Daily Allowance)

Bottom – 650 BP (+130 BP Daily Allowance)

A-Rank

Top – 550 BP (+110 BP Daily Allowance)

Mid – 500 BP (+100 BP Daily Allowance)

Bottom – 450 BP (+90 BP Daily Allowance)

B-Rank

Top – 350BP (+70 BP Daily Allowance)

Mid – 300BP (+60 BP Daily Allowance)

Bottom – 250BP (+50 BP Daily Allowance)

C-Rank - 150 BP (+30 BP Daily Allowance)

D-Rank - 100 BP (+20 BP Daily Allowance)

E-Rank - 50 BP (+10 BP Daily Allowance)

Latest Transaction:

Events
Weekly
Mon 7th Oct --> Friday 11th Oct: Avast! Treasure!

One Day Only
  • Mon 7th Oct: Daily Bonus
  • Wed 9th Oct: Daily Bonus
  • Thurs 10th Oct: Ladder Bonus
  • Fri 11th Oct: Daily Bonus
  • Sun 13th Oct: Daily Bonus

“Thanks and Good Luck in your battles!”

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
This Post is to track what each user has and display publicly what they have / Keep track of BP

Aladyyn
Alt: (BC)_Aladyyn
BP: 2560
Mons: Skuntank / Leafeon / Floatzel / Cradily / Eelektross / Simisear / Frillish / Rotom-Fan / Charizard / Golbat / Drifblim / Probopass / Gabite / Linoone / Musharna
Daily allowance: 840BP
Latest Purchase: #~

AlexArthur
Alt: BC_AlexArthur
BP: 2770
Mons: Misdreavus / Pikachu / Altaria / Cacturne / Floatzel / Camerupt / Gardevoir / Sawk / Ditto / Alomomola / Bastiodon / Roselia / Audino / Flareon
Daily Allowance: 860BP
Latest Purchase: #~

AtomicLlamas
Alt: (BC)_Llamas
BP: 2520
Mons: Drifblim (x2) / Probopass / Charizard / Rotom-S / Golbat / Natu / Combusken
Daily Allowance: 480 BP
Latest Purchase: #122

Brammi
Alt: B_C_Brammi
BP: 1300
Mons: N/A
Daily Allowance: 50BP
Latest Purchase:

bobbyvaporeon
Alt:
BP: 2570
Mons: Liepard / Arbok /Gigalith / Tropius / Pikachu / Seismitoed / Charizard / Drifblim / Golbat / Rotom - Fan / Sawk
Daily Allowance: 630BP
Latest Purchase: #20

BROStime
Alt: Battle_Castle_Bros
BP: 2410
Mons: Kangaskhan / Mandibuzz
Daily Allowance: 280BP
Latest Purchase: #51

CBTerrakion
Alt:
BP: 1350
Mons: N/A
Latest Purchase:

Chesnaught
alt: (BC)_Chesnaught
BP: 1100
Mons:
Latest Purchase:

Chieliee
Alt: (BC) Chieliee
BP: 2330
Mons: Liepard / Ditto / Arbok / Lopunny
Daily Allowance: 190BP
Latest Purchase: #19

Demist
Alt:
BP: 0
Mons: Exeggutor / Electabuzz / Klang / kangaskhan/ Rotom - Fan / Golbat / Charizard / Drifblim
Daily Allowance: 620BP
Latest Purchase:

Haund
Alt: (BC)_Haund
BP: 1870
Mons: Golbat / Gorebyss / Ludicolo / Volbeat / Jynx / Seismitoed
Daily Allowance: 590BP
Latest Purchase: #55

Infernis
Alt: (BC)_Infernis
BP: 3790
Mons: Rapidash / Zebstrika / Ninjask / Tropius / Regigigas / Cradily / Golurk
Daily Allowance: 360BP
Latest Purchase: Post #43

Lasagne21
Alt: (BC)_Lasagne21
BP: 2080
Mons: Garbodor / Klang / Seismitoed / Charizard
Daily Allowance: 440BP
Latest Purchase: #65

Level 51
Alt: (BC) Level 51
BP: 2210
Mons : Rotom-Fan / Pinsir / Primeape / Braviary / Swellow / Swanna / Mandibuzz
Daily Allowance: 490BP
Latest Purchase: #50

Lolkomori
Alt:
BP: 2400
Mons: Bronzor / Audino / Tentacool / Luxray / Frillish
Daily Allowance: 200BP
Latest Purchase: #40

MarceloDK
Alt: (BC)_MarcyBurgers
BP: 2440
Mons: Roselia / Scraggy / Lampent / Altaria / Wartortle / Zebstrika / Lickilicky / Regice / Skuntank / Haunter / Piloswine / Alomomola / Ditto
Daily Allowance: 790BP
Latest Purchase: #130

Metal Sonic
Alt: (BC)_Sonicboom
BP: 2320
Mons: Carracosta / Ditto / Swoobat / Serperior / Piloswine / Rapidash / Garbodor / Rotom-Fan / Charizard / Golbat / Drifblim / Jynx / Exeggutor
Daily allowance: 1000BP
Latest Purchase: #132

Nozzle
Alt: (BC) Nozzle
BP: 160
Mons: Scraggy / Huntail / Leavanny / Metang / Charizard / Regice / Liepard / Drifblim / Ludicolo / Zangoose / Jynx / Rotom-Fan / Serperior / Mandibuzz / Gothorita
Daily Allowance: 1210BP
Latest Purchase: #53

PsYch071c
Alt: (BC)_Psych0
BP: 2470
Mons: Jynx / Bravairy / Musharna / Eelektross / Sawk / Piloswine
Daily allowance: 740BP
Latest Purchase: #

Ruppy
Alt: (BC)_Ruppy
BP: 3770
Mons: Gorebyss / Swoobat / Lickilicky / Serperior / Torkoal / Pidgeot / Sawk / Braviary / Swellow / Swanna / Mandibuzz / Carracosta
Daily Allowance: 730BP
Latest Purchase: #87

scorpdestroyer
alt: (BC)_scorp
BP: 1370
Mons: Scraggy / Seismitoed / Pikachu / Tauros / Roselia / Jynx / Rotom-Fan / Charizard / Golbat / Drifblim / Mandibuzz / Ludicolo / Golem
Daily Allowance: 1030 BP
Latest Purchase: #33

Sidfrid
Alt:
BP: 2780
Mons: Liepard / Ninjask / Regigigas / Cradily / Mandibuzz / Primeape / Roselia
Daily Allowance: 460BP
Latest Purchase: #44

Silver Scrapes
Alt: (BC)_Scrapes
BP: 1120
Mons: Pinsir / Murkrow / Granbull
Daily allowance: 170BP
Latest Purchase: #121

ShuckleKing87
Alt: BC_Shuckleking87
BP: 2938
Mons: Vileplume / Zebstrika / Lickilicky / Torkoal / Torterra / Wartortle / Carracosta / Braviary / Swellow / Swanna / Mandibuzz / Fraxure
Daily Allowance: 670BP
Ladder Ranking: 63 (+238BP)
Latest purchase: #110

Latest Transaction recorded: #135
Battle Castle Head: FLCL

Win / Loss
0:1

Wins

Losses
Metal Sonic

Q&A

Q. When can I buy mons?
A. As soon as you're added to this post

Q. How / Where do I post to buy some mons?

A. Just post saying you're buying mons. Try and avoid unnecessary PC++ when doing so.

Q. One question on the individual pokemon costs: does that BP/day rate increase our total BP/day or decrease it upon purchasing the Pokemon?
A.I f you buy, say Jynx - It'll cost you 750 BP. When the Daily BP Allowance rolls in you'll get 50BP + 150 bonus BP for owning a Jynx. So it increases the daily income rate

Q. Can we reject wager battles?
A. Yes, absolutely.

Q. Can we sell our mons back?
A. Yes, but at 50% of what you purchased them for.

Last edited:
Username: Sidfrid
Favorite Pokémon: Charmeleon
TimeZone: GMT -4
Alt: battle_castle_Sid

Also voting for the Dream World lockdown challenge!

Liepard, Ninjask, Regigigas, Cradily, Mandibuzz, Primeape, Roselia

20 points

Last edited:
Username: Infernis
Favorite Pokemon: Ninjask
Timezone: GMT -8
Alt: Battle_Castle_Fire

One question on the individual pokemon costs: does that BP/day rate increase our total BP/day or decrease it upon purchasing the Pokemon?

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully I have time for this

Username: atomicllamas (<-- is that a serious question?)

Favorite mon: Wooper

Time zone: GMT -5

Alt: (BC)llamas

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
Username: Infernis
Favorite Pokemon: Ninjask
Timezone: GMT -8
Alt: Battle_Castle_Fire

One question on the individual pokemon costs: does that BP/day rate increase our total BP/day or decrease it upon purchasing the Pokemon?
If you buy, say Jynx - It'll cost you 750 BP. When the Daily BP Allowance rolls in you'll get 50BP + 150 bonus BP for owning a Jynx. So it increases the daily income rate

So let's say I wanted to buy Liepard. I just say I want to and then I own it?
As long as you have the BP for it

I guess I'll buy me most of a team to start with, then. Best get on with it so I can get more BP!

Rapidash - 250 BP (+50)
Zebstrika - 150 BP (+30)
Ninjask - 150 BP (+30)
Tropius - 100 BP (+20)
Regigigas - 100 BP (+20)

The base of 50 plus all that appears to make 200 per cycle. I'll be able to get a final Pokemon in no time. :D

liepard - 350BP (+70 BP Daily Allowance)
ditto - 100 BP (+20 BP Daily Allowance)
arbok - 150 BP (+30 BP Daily Allowance)
lopunny - 100 BP (+20 BP Daily Allowance)

puts me at 190 daily allowance, with 50 BP left in the bank

also srry guys but this really seems like the best way to go here

also (BC) Chieliee

i predict a shit ton of regigigas
you mean liepard

Alright.
Spending the rest of my points on Arbok, Tropius, and Gigalith.
So I have spent all of my points on the 3 above and Liepard, and will be gaining 200 BP every day. Alright.

Username: AlexArthur
Favorite Pokémon: Tarous
TimeZone: GMT+1 (BST)
Alt: BC_AlexArthur

Voting for the DreamWorld Restriction.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Shuckleking87
Favorite Pokémon: Shuckle
Timezone: EST (UTC-5)
Alt: BC_Shuckleking87
Vote for the pokemon availability and item purchasing
And my pokes:
Omanyte 50
Mightyena 50
Vileplume 150
Zebstrika 150
Lickilicky 250
And of course...
Shuckle 50 (very tough choice between Shuckle and Yanma)
I know this team is scary, but I'll challenge anyone that wants to for 50 BP to get a feel for their pokes.

Misdreavus (550) (+110)
Altaria (150) (+30)
Pikachu (50) (+10)

Misdreavus - Solid Mon able to provide a variety of different roles from defensive to offensive to niche.
Altaria - Just one of my favourites DD , Specs and Cleric are all quality sets for something ranked so lowly
Pikachu - F*** it I wanted an electric type and this was all I could afford.

That's all 750 spent and +200 Daily Bonus including the 50 so I can quickly gain some more usable stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)